Passion [Requires patch level 1.63+]

1 hour ago, namaradus said:

In this thread here starting on page 3 read what Igazor and Sittingbear (ignore that dumabass Sarah Sims) have to say on how to get your graphics card properly

Yes, already did it, now game recognize card as fake Geforce 650M (as in sample), with 4096 texture memory. No results.

1 hour ago, namaradus said:

getting the FPS capped

Shows 170 fps. However, still no crashes or overheat problems without Passion.

I used Passion from old versions, many months, and it's recent problem.

21 minutes ago, lolic99 said:

Shows 170 fps.

Cap the FPS this is not debatable uncontrolled FPS with any game will damage and burn the card out it doesn't have to overheat to break the card.

And sort through that mods folder it's way too big. Who knows what kind of mod conflicts you may have you can go months even years with 2 conflicting mods and not have a problem but it only takes the right circumstances for it to explode and start causing problems. Same thing if you have a lot CC installed as packages sometimes that stuff goes bad for no reason. Same thing with outdated mods sometimes you see the problems right away or it'll be 2, 3, 6 months down the road before it explodes.

5 hours ago, lolic99 said:

Yes, already did it, now game recognize card as fake Geforce 650M (as in sample), with 4096 texture memory. No results.

Shows 170 fps. However, still no crashes or overheat problems without Passion.

I used Passion from old versions, many months, and it's recent problem.

Look if you have core mods other than 1.67 patch version.

Passion has some for 1.69 with extension disabled.

Do not rename them back to package. 

About FPS better use a temperature monitor for your GCard GPU.

If you don't now anyone, google Moo SystemMonitor

Temperatures beyond 80C are catastrophic. 

7 minutes ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

I downloaded some skins and hair from TSR and after my game started to crash I removed the files and it was fine again just wanted to make sure it was okay to add everything else back in

You don't have to worry. 

A game gets corrupted if you save it.

If not there is no problem.

Even if you corrupt a save game by click save it with a CC that is broken or unsuitable and you removed it, the game will get back to normal on your next saves.

As about Skins, do not use 4k skin textures because they need lots of ram. That might cause game crash.

The normal skin texture of this game is 512 and 1024 with 2048 max.

1 hour ago, TwilightStorm said:

Passion has some for 1.69 with extension disabled.

Yes, I don't use .disabled files. I even tried to copy only required passion files (not optional). No success.

Maybe reinstall of Passion over clean save will help... And yes, I didn't notice crashes in new game (for test, 15-20 mins), but I do not want to lose my old savegame.

1 hour ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

I downloaded some skins and hair from TSR and after my game started to crash I removed the files and it was fine again just wanted to make sure it was okay to add everything else back in

I had a similar story. But there was another error (Access Violation). Right now, crashes disappear only when Passion mod is removed. I have been using Passion mod for a long time, it has been updated more than once, perhaps with some update mod broke down in my saved game or became incompatible with 1.67.

PS For test, I unpacked my old archive with this mod (lots of cmar files instead one, passion 2.6.6.2 etc). And no crashes yet (tested twice). I'll continue tests tomorrow)

1 hour ago, lolic99 said:

Yes, I don't use .disabled files. I even tried to copy only required passion files (not optional). No success.

Maybe reinstall of Passion over clean save will help... And yes, I didn't notice crashes in new game (for test, 15-20 mins), but I do not want to lose my old savegame.

I had a similar story. But there was another error (Access Violation). Right now, crashes disappear only when Passion mod is removed. I have been using Passion mod for a long time, it has been updated more than once, perhaps with some update mod broke down in my saved game or became incompatible with 1.67.

PS For test, extract my old archive with this mod (lots of cmar files instead one, passion 2.6.6.2 etc). And no crashes yet (tested twice). I'll continue tests tomorrow)

Here is a test.

Download the latest version.

Before you install load your save game pause it and save it paused.

Install the update, delete your game cache files.

Disable your antivirus real time protection.

Start the game.

When it's loaded and paused, click Town hall Nraas  Master controller and reset everything.

See if it's still crashing or not.

2 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

A game gets corrupted if you save it.

If not there is no problem.

Even if you corrupt a save game by click save it with a CC that is broken or unsuitable and you removed it, the game will get back to normal on your next saves.

You never ran into the Arezzo Counter, the Hooker boots or the ninja shoes have you? Even if you uninstall those they still float around in your game.

https://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.com/

More bad CC known to stay in your game even if you uninstall it https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

The ninja shoes was the biggest f**king pain in the a$$ to get rid of I got nailed with it twice both times from a Custom world downloaded from the Exchange at the Sims 3 Store.

49 minutes ago, namaradus said:

You never ran into the Arezzo Counter, the Hooker boots or the ninja shoes have you? Even if you uninstall those they still float around in your game.

https://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.com/

More bad CC known to stay in your game even if you uninstall it https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

The ninja shoes was the biggest f**king pain in the a$$ to get rid of I got nailed with it twice both times from a Custom world downloaded from the Exchange at the Sims 3 Store.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

It's outdated, I guess.

At that time they thought that ShyMoo bad CC was something like a virus! (second link icon)

They where tried so hard to uninstall it with no luck, because the could never realized that the bad CC was inside a saved sim package with the extension (.sim)

After that many people at MTS or NRaas discussion forums (I don't remember exactly) said that if a (.sim) file is above 1MB check it with S3PE for CASP resources.

These are the bad CC that you cannot uninstall, so delete the resource or the sim file to get rid of them.  

No Ninjas shoes needed!

I remember 2 store updates having this one.

I used it many times with no problems. I think it's still in my game but I have to look at it.

9 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

After that many people at MTS or NRaas discussion forums (I don't remember exactly) said that if a (.sim) file is above 1MB check it with S3PE for CASP resources.

These are the bad CC that you cannot uninstall, so delete the resource or the sim file to get rid of them.

I've seen those latch on into Store Items and Saved Lots.

12 minutes ago, TwilightStorm said:

ShyMoo bad CC was something like a virus

Fuck ShyMoo! If I ever see that one again it'll be too soon.

25 minutes ago, namaradus said:

I've seen those latch on into Store Items and Saved Lots.

Fuck ShyMoo! If I ever see that one again it'll be too soon.

If you 're talking about the Ninjas shoes of the above link, I'm not talking about that one.

What I say was like shocks with sandals. That's what they look like, so we might talk about different things.

Bro, I fixed ShyMoo bad CC, long time ago, if you love to see it again! :wacko:

5 hours ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

I downloaded some skins and hair from TSR

Some of the skins I use are from Kurasoberina as they work very well with Cmar Nipple and Penis mods. The skins from TSR don't always work well with the Nipple mod cause they don't use the standard location and they also lack a penis mesh giving the penis a strange texture color.

https://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/post/137273135579/primer-hd-skin-for-all-ages-baby-elder-this-is

https://simfileshare.net/folder/13617/

Just remember you can only have one default skin replacement. You can have as many non-default skin replacements as you want but you have to put the skin on the sims in CAS.

Too much CC hair can choke the game and make CAS load painfully slow. I wouldn't install too much of it.

Buckley has some nice ones.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/563152/disentangled-part-1-26-de-accessorized-retextured-amp-fixed-up-ea-hairs.html

http://www.modthesims.info/d/563294/disentangled-part-2-26-de-accessorized-retextured-amp-fixed-up-ea-hairs.html

I would be a little careful downloading stuff from TSR you can get some bad stuff although it's safer now than it was 6 yrs ago.

8 hours ago, TwilightStorm said:

Hooked my computer up to a 4k Monitor and tried the game at 4k needless to say not impressed not to mention I could barely see the damn game UI. I had completely forgotten the UI doesn't scale to the screen resolution.

But at least I know I can play it at 4k even if it is unimpressive.

17 minutes ago, SassyVampireGirl said:

Can you explain by 4k skin textures? 

4k aka Ultra High Definition (UHD) the game isn't really made to handle skins like that. The pixel count for skins like that is 4096 twice what the game can really handle.

The game itself can barely handle 2k skins (HD) or 2048 if you have around 60 sims running around with skins like that depending on your system specs it can lag your game and those already eat RAM fast. I use SD or 1024 skins. Depending on the creator you sometimes can't tell the difference between 2k and SD skins.

Hi so I started a fresh install of sims 3 and deleted all of my registry files and put only your mod in my game and it crashed... and it gave me a break point error I was reading other people threads and comments and you keep saying it’s are graphics cards I have a Nvidia GeForce 1070 8g there is no reason my game should be crashing this has to be your mod I take my mod folder out and my game works perfectly.... can you please fix your shit mod or I will report you for a broken mod.....

8 minutes ago, Look a Diamond said:

Hi so I started a fresh install of sims 3 and deleted all of my registry files and put only your mod in my game and it crashed... and it gave me a break point error I was reading other people threads and comments and you keep saying it’s are graphics cards I have a Nvidia GeForce 1070 8g there is no reason my game should be crashing this has to be your mod I take my mod folder out and my game works perfectly.... can you please fix your shit mod or I will report you for a broken mod.....

And if your graphics card isn't properly recognized by the game it will crash the game genius anyone who has played this game for more than 1 yr knows that. And you obviously didn't read carefully as having the wrong Core mod for your patch level will also crash the game which was also mentioned.

15 minutes ago, namaradus said:

And if your graphics card isn't properly recognized by the game it will crash the game genius anyone who has played this game for more than 1 yr knows that. And you obviously didn't read carefully as having the wrong Core mod for your patch level will also crash the game which was also mentioned.

My graphics card is fine it says 1 of 1 and I have the correct core mod stop trying to cover up for a horrible mod that doesn’t work anymore it work perfectly fine before this update.... fix it before I report because it can’t all be are graphics card is bad what kind of graphic card do we supposed to use to make this work? Something horrible?? 

9 minutes ago, Look a Diamond said:

My graphics card is fine it says 1 of 1 and I have the correct core mod stop trying to cover up for a horrible mod that doesn’t work anymore it work perfectly fine before this update.... fix it before I report because it can’t all be are graphics card is bad what kind of graphic card do we supposed to use to make this work? Something horrible?? 

I suggest you calm down. Did you check for mod conflicts? Bad CC if you have any CC. And if the mod was actually mod there would a lot more than just 3 people complaining. And it would help if you would mention which version of the mod you have as it was updated just 14 hours ago.

And a screenshot of your mods folder would also help.

And do explain how you would even know that the mod worked fine before this update since you only became a member of this site just around an hour ago and you have to be a member to download anything here.

The guy above in the recent threads even said he was using the mod for month and it worked perfectly fine he went to update it and he started having all these issues and the game crashing and getting the breakpoint error so please tell me what’s wrong? Or is this a coincidence that we’re just all having the breakpoint error and  we have shit graphics cards?

Actually I too am getting a Breakpoint error. Which I have never had before updating this mod to version 2.7.3 Before then I had a very old version in my game that still used AW files for animations. I have updated everything, but am now having crashes. This is why I asked if there was a list of conflicting Mods somewhere. If there is can I suggest we put them on the opening page for resource purposes.

That being said yelling on the forum for people to fix a free mod right now isn't going to get you anywhere. You just sound like a child.