Boob Size Difference?

MikeyD28

I'm having an issue with the size of boobs clothed versus the character in the nude.  My playable character is fine, but it's NPCs and mainly followers that are an issue.

I'm using the following mods that are probably related to this:

CBBE

Wench Body Preset - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59072/?

Brynhild is an example follower that this issue occurs with - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60772/?

I originally went into BodySlide and chose the Wench Body preset (the nude version) and did a batch build.  This has caused 99% of the followers in my game as well as around the same amount of non-follower NPCs in the game to have big boobs (desired effect) while clothed, but then when nude they almost go back to normal boob sizes in most cases (not desired effect).

Any idea on how to fix this?

A body in a armor has been made by the author and when you wear the armor it uses that body in the armor it doesn't use your players body. So whatever body size and type the author used when they made the armor is what the size will be when you wear the armor regardless of whatever size your actual player body was made at. Only way to change that is to use bodyslide and convert the armor and body in the armor to your nude body size.

I've looked through the bodyslide tutorials and read up on this through links found on Google today and what I'm seeing is that I need to take the femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif from my character's body who has the right dimensions I"m looking for and then drop them into the meshes folder for the followers I want to change, correct?

If that's right, I tried this and it still doesn't change them.  I discovered that when I click the Build button in BodySlide, it said it was placing the files into my Skyrim/Data folder but that's not where MO installs BodySlide and Outfit Studio so I moved the folders for BodySlide to the Skyrim Data folder and now I do see it write the two femalebody NIF files to the correct folder.  However, copying those files over to the mesh folder for my followers still doesn't change their body dimensions.  Since these are CBBE bodies, I also tried going into the CBBE female body meshes and copying and pasting those over and they sitll don't have my dimensions created in BodySlide.  I figured, taking them from CBBE mod's folders wouldn't work, but thought I'd give it a try.

One other thing, I noticed that my player character body is fine and any NPC such as guards, bandits, forsworn, etc. have the correct body when not clothed.  It's literally just followers with this issue.

I feel like I'm on the right track but still missing something.  Your help is appreciated thus far and I hope you can help me figure this out.  Thanks a million.

I've looked through the bodyslide tutorials and read up on this through links found on Google today and what I'm seeing is that I need to take the femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif from my character's body who has the right dimensions I"m looking for and then drop them into the meshes folder for the followers I want to change, correct?

If that's right, I tried this and it still doesn't change them.  I discovered that when I click the Build button in BodySlide, it said it was placing the files into my Skyrim/Data folder but that's not where MO installs BodySlide and Outfit Studio so I moved the folders for BodySlide to the Skyrim Data folder and now I do see it write the two femalebody NIF files to the correct folder.  However, copying those files over to the mesh folder for my followers still doesn't change their body dimensions.  Since these are CBBE bodies, I also tried going into the CBBE female body meshes and copying and pasting those over and they sitll don't have my dimensions created in BodySlide.  I figured, taking them from CBBE mod's folders wouldn't work, but thought I'd give it a try.

One other thing, I noticed that my player character body is fine and any NPC such as guards, bandits, forsworn, etc. have the correct body when not clothed.  It's literally just followers with this issue.

I feel like I'm on the right track but still missing something.  Your help is appreciated thus far and I hope you can help me figure this out.  Thanks a million.

So for standalone followers you must do this yourself. You must change the bodytype and probably skin texture in the ck if they are not using CBBE, standalone followers most use their own personal body type often made by the author thus when you made a nude body in bodyslide it will never affect them. This is also how you are able to have characters with different shaped bodies in your game via followers. How i've been trying to do it lately too.

Thanks!  I've seen that mentioned, changing things in the CK for followers so that  makes sense.  Through some more testing, I played around with Jordis and Uthgerd as they're in the Bijin Warmaidens mod I have installed plus the CBBE customizer.  I found out when I unchecked both of those in the mod list and loaded the game without them, both Warmaidens mentioned above were in their original model (look, skin, etc.) which was expected and once they had no clothes, they were using the same dimensions as any other non-follower NPC (which is what I've wanted...same body in armor as no clothes).

So with what you just said, I'm guessing that Bijin Warmaidens gives them their own personal body type to all the women on the list, correct?

​Can you explain how they can have their own personal body type if the mod says it's CBBE?  In BodySlide, I'm using CBBE Body HDT and the Preset Wench Body naked and that's how I'm making the bodies I'm using.

All vanilla NPCs share the same body type and size. The folder from which they obtain these is in /meshes/actors/character/character assets.

There are a total of six meshes, two each for body, feet and hands. In addition, for the body morphs to appear in Racemenu you will have one .tri file for each of these, so a total of 9 files.

NPC replacers and custom followers are of two types, one which reference the default body shape, and the other which come with a custom body shape. In the former case, they should use the base body shape no problem.

For the latter, you have to replace the meshes (and tri files, if desired) by hand in the destination directories. The textures will also need to be changed if changing a UNP/UUNP follower to CBBE, else you will have very ugly looking NPCs.

Here's how I fixed this for anyone who has this issue as well.  I tested it but not super extensively so I may respond to this down the road.  I took the follower's ESP and dropped it into the Skyrim/Data folder.  I opened Creation Kit and added Skyrim, Update.esm, and the ESP for the follower (double clicking each one) and then set the follower ESP as the active file.

Once CK loaded up, I went to the Armor Addon section under Item on the left side of the program.  I found the body reference for the follower and then went to the female body and changed that first file to point to my femalebody_1.nif file.  I discovered before this that I didn't have that folder structure to begin with inside of Skyrim/Data/meshes so the entire time it had been putting my body in the BodySlide meshes folder.

Anyway, once I pointed the file at my player body I saved it and exited out.  Then I cut and pate the follower body from the Skyrim/Data folder back into the follower's mod folder and overwrote the original .esp.  I haven't done this yet but I realize this means every follower would have the same body size, but I can fix that by just creating different bodies in BodySlide and creating folders for the different sizes to house the necessary meshes and then set them differently in CK.  I haven't tried it but I think that should work with no issue.

Oh and thank you again to those who helped me figure this out and get to this point.

• 1 year later...
On 6/29/2017 at 5:54 PM, myuhinny said:

A body in a armor has been made by the author and when you wear the armor it uses that body in the armor it doesn't use your players body. So whatever body size and type the author used when they made the armor is what the size will be when you wear the armor regardless of whatever size your actual player body was made at. Only way to change that is to use bodyslide and convert the armor and body in the armor to your nude body size.

Are there tutorials to do this safely? I tried to do it on my own but I messed the armor pretty bad.

In BS tick the build morphs box  and  build (not batch build) your CBBE body (outfit/body) to the Wench body (preset). Do same for the hands and feet which match your body.

Then batch build your armour/clothing mod(s) to the Wench preset. Unless the Wench author has done something different to everyone else, that should get everyone on the same page.

Archived