[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

On 11/17/2017 at 4:13 AM, kalleklovn said:

I think the latest update to the game broke the mod. My game won't start with the mod loaded (it hangs on "loading flags"), but everything works fine when I disable this mod. 

There were tons of changes in the current version. I'd expect that.

10 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

Could you have it so that the "cannot whore/gangbang troops over 50" rule doesn't apply if you're Immortal? Found this out after getting stupid lucky with a 27 year old queen. Turns out immortality is a lot less fun if you can't be immoral lol.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, genericlogin said:

Not the actual "holy war" CB. The Pope will still call crusades, though.

Damn, oh well, it just gets annoying that after creating the holy roman empire in the earlier starts that you can't actually do anything holy. Still a good mod either way. I'm guessing the no holy war CB is tied into the Liege is jain thing. The pacifist religion tag, correct?

18 minutes ago, popcornrocks said:

Damn, oh well, it just gets annoying that after creating the holy roman empire in the earlier starts that you can't actually do anything holy. Still a good mod either way. I'm guessing the no holy war CB is tied into the Liege is jain thing. The pacifist religion tag, correct?

That's correct. The "liege is Jain" is a CK2 engine bug--the only pacifist religion in the base game is Jain, so they didn't bother to actually insert the correct religion. Jains don't get crusades, though.

18 hours ago, popcornrocks said:

if you open the files and find the file called "Christ religion" I think you will see pacifist = yes  changes it to no or delete it and you can holy war 

• 1 month later...

I didn't expect lots of new contents when i saw the name of this mod. However, after i downloaded this mod and ran for several round of CK2 game, i'd say it's way beyond my expectation. It not only added some sexual content into the game, but more importantly crafted a brand new world view which presume that Catholic was involved by reproductive worship. I also appreciate the restraint of this mod that don't grant players in-game cheat like getting immortality or impregnating any NPC by clicking a button.

Still, i have some questions about this mod itself, and i hope that someone could grant some help:

1. I read the code in mod files and noticed that there are some events granting players with lustful trait and, if the character already have that, lots of original sexual fetish traits like exhibitionist. Of course these events are trigger_only and till now I still cannot find a way to trigger these events. It is pretty frustrating to see AI characters with these cool traits while my character cannot get anyone of those. So I wonder if anyone could tell me that how could I trigger thosse events and get those traits?

2. I also noticed there were some quite hard-core events, like rituals that spraying human milk to each other, or doing sex orgy on city square, or even having sex intercourse with a horse(I am pretty sure it's NOT the one in the DW mod for i found the image in Christianity mod files). I haven't seen them yet and I wonder if I need to make certain move to trigger these events? I tried to join the two monastery order and Lucifer's own but only encounter regular missions and events in original game.

3. What's the condition of the Eros plague to appear? I really want to see this in game but i am tired of waiting. Is there anything i can do in the game to make it spawn on my own territory? 

4. I still don't really understand why Catholic in this mod is marked as "peaceful religion". Historically a peaceful religion simple cannot survive while aggressive Muslim constantly invading from its former holy site and determined to eliminate all people that don't believe in allah. And from the gaming aspect, the holy war is one of the most satisfying mechanic in the game, which allow players to grant anyone on the conquered land in order to shape its religion, culture and etc. Even for the AI the holy war mechanic is important - from what i saw in my last few round of game, Catholics would have zero chance to hold Iberia and Sicily, and the Byzantium Empire with vanilla Orthodox became the only "shield of Jesus" defending the Islam Jihad.

The answer to your first three questions is the same: these are all random things. You can expect to see all of them over the course of a normal play through, except for the Eros Plague which is rare (like the vanilla Dancing Plague).

As for your fourth questions, Catholicism in this mod is relatively peaceful--they still get crusades. I've found that what typically happens is that the Moors will push over the Pyrenees, which enables crusades and they then get kicked entirely out of Spain hundreds of years early. Also, in terms of game mechanics not having holy wars available actually makes the Catholics stronger. This is because losing a holy war reduces a religion's moral authority, making it easier for heresies to arise and making it harder for followers to convert other people to their religion and easier to be converted themselves. Since AI characters really love to start holy wars they can't possibly win, not having holy wars available keeps the Catholic moral authority high, keeping heresy to a minimum and making it easy for them to convert. Finally, being a "peaceful religion" makes vassals like their liege more (this is the confusing "liege is jain" opinion bonus), so Catholic realms will be more stable than they are in vanilla.

Catholics have another advantage that's less obvious: a court chaplain with experienced/exclusive whore and bombshell has a big advantage in converting characters.