[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

23 hours ago, 1tomadeira said:

I love the mod, my only issue is that while it allows to have several concubines as a christian, when you change to Zoroastrian (after the events) the limit of concubines is limited to 5, unlike when being christian. Can this be modified or is a limitation from the game's original code?

I'm just wondering this because I still have concubines, I just can't have more.

You're supposed to have the number of concubines of the religion you convert to. Don't know why you'd expect otherwise.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:14 AM, whateverdontcare said:

You're supposed to have the number of concubines of the religion you convert to. Don't know why you'd expect otherwise.

The christians also didn't allow concubines... with this mod they allow several concubines, but on zoroastarian is limited to 5. That's why I asked if it was a limitation of the game or if it's possible to edit.

Of course I know I have to have the number of concubines of each religion, but this is a mod which allows concubines on christians. You didn't understand the goal of my question.

I don't understand the goal either. Catholics have concubines in this mod, and the number they have, because the premise of this mod is a more lustful Catholicism. Apart from the addition of a lustful Pagan reform option, and the global loosening on female political rights, this has only ever been centered on Catholicism.

That being said, it is entirely possible to modify the number of concubines:

Go to C:\Users\ProfileNameHere\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\Christianity Mod\common\religions

There will be a text file with the name 00_religions. In that file is the parameters of all non-Catholic religions (Catholicism gets its own folder).

CTRL+F zoroastrian_group and scroll down to zoroastrian.

There will be a line with the words: max_consorts = 3

Change that to whatever number you want, such as: max_consorts = 100

Save the file. Zoroastrians can now take 100 concubines.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, jjnoc5 said:

Any chance of having the whoring/brothel decision be allowed to other Christians beyond just Catholics? I tried to do it myself but I can only find the gangbang troops option when looking into the files

It already is. You need the brothel built, and can't be incapable/chaste/celibate/50 or older. Non-Catholic AI characters may decided to work there too, but they're much less likely to.

• 10 months later...

I've got a question for you. I want to play as Louis VII of France. The problem is that when trying to use the bookmark date of 1137, after Louis VI (Louis VII's father) dies, we get Adelaide the Younger instead of Louis the Younger. I've removed the history folder from the Christianity mod but it's the same thing. How to solve this?

On 4/19/2021 at 5:53 AM, S0ul_K1ller said:

I've got a question for you. I want to play as Louis VII of France. The problem is that when trying to use the bookmark date of 1137, after Louis VI (Louis VII's father) dies, we get Adelaide the Younger instead of Louis the Younger. I've removed the history folder from the Christianity mod but it's the same thing. How to solve this?

Interesting question. I never start from that bookmark, but probably what's happening is that with the mod France has absolute cognatic succession instead of agnatic-cognatic. Even without the mod's custom history, you could still get different succession from historical because succession laws are different from historical.

Suggested solution: when trying to simulate historical events in the game, don't use a mod that's whole point is to completely change history.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 8:33 PM, 1tomadeira said:

I love the mod, my only issue is that while it allows to have several concubines as a christian, when you change to Zoroastrian (after the events) the limit of concubines is limited to 5, unlike when being christian. Can this be modified or is a limitation from the game's original code?

I'm just wondering this because I still have concubines, I just can't have more.

Religions can indeed be modded, as Catholicism was to allow concubines. The mod doesn't change how many concubines a Zoroastrian can have.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, xxdungeonxx said:

Is there any way to make it compatible with Hip, When my cursor moves to catholic religious artifacts or in laws, title revocation infidels. The game CTDs other than that the mod functions normally

Probably not. A quick look through HIP shows that it makes changes to religions which conflict with Christianity Mod's. This isn't surprising, as the two mods have inherently contradictory goals.

• 8 months later...

the mod was update to 1.9.3 on its won website in may 2019 but i dont think it works with the current game version could someone confirm this? i absoul;tey loved this mod and have played whit it for 500 hours but now that its gone its just not the same ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 8:59 PM, slexywexy said:

the mod was update to 1.9.3 on its won website in may 2019 but i dont think it works with the current game version could someone confirm this? i absoul;tey loved this mod and have played whit it for 500 hours but now that its gone its just not the same ?

It should still work. I haven't seen any problems, and the changes to CK2 since the last update were all very minor things that were about advertising CK3 and didn't affect the actual game.

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/28/2022 at 9:12 AM, genericlogin said:
On 3/19/2022 at 9:59 PM, slexywexy said:

It should still work. I haven't seen any problems, and the changes to CK2 since the last update were all very minor things that were about advertising CK3 and didn't affect the actual game.

I can confirm, it still works. I still play with it. I just wish there was some way lowering the abortion random event or just have an abolition normally because with this mod, you tend to get a lot of people running around and its hell on my laptop lol. Still this is a great, low intensity smut mod, its not as in your face as some of the other ones here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...