[mod] Christianity Mod r1.7.1

There are comments describing them in the christ_scripted_triggers.txt. They're for the creators of other CK2 mods with custom religions (and to make future expansion of Christianity Mod easier), so if you don't have such a mod they don't really do anything. if you do have such a mod, you can use them with your own custom religion.

For example, the creator of the Lilithian religion could make it a "lustful_religion" in his mod, and then anyone using that mod together with Christianity Mod would see all the various event changes I've made to give lust good/chastity bad options, alternate events, etc. for followers of the Lillithian religion.

Great update! It was nice and easy to add religions to the list but noticed I still get piety and prestige loss as a non-christian female ruler if not married. Anyway to change that? Otherwise no issues!

I haven't touched that area in ages, but as I recall their religion has to have "feminist = yes".

What exactly do all the new triggers do? Some of them are easy enough to guess like "incest_religion", but what does "priestess_whore_religion" do? A clear explanation of all of them would be nice.

In addition to the explanations given, priestess_whore_religion could probably be explained a little better.

In a lustful religion, whoring is just another low-paying service-industry-type job. Everyone uses them and no one looks down on the job, but it's just a means to raise some money.

In a priestess-whore religion, whoring is revered as a pious and selfless job, so even some wealthy women can be found moonlighting as a prostitute, and of course being a nun is as associated with lustfulness as it normally would be with chastity. Notably, a lot of lowborns in high society will whore especially often just for the social status.

• 3 weeks later...

I can manage mostly but as a qol improvement, you may want to consider spacing out some of the code. Probably the best thing about LL's CK2 is that the mods are really easy to work with and personalize. However, the files for Christianity are condensed like Paradox's files.

This isn't me knocking on the mod itself. Just a suggestion to help with compatibility and code noobs.

I think I encountered the problem from earlier in the thread about women marrying and filling up courts with lowborns. VIETmisc.3126 (one of the "family member marries a woman" events) kept getting called directly on me, thus ignoring trigger conditions, and probably on other women too. I grepped my entire mods folder and couldn't find a single thing that would call it directly, just the one event that is supposed to call it. It doesn't look malformed either. It looks like the engine was just breaking on its own somehow...

I think I encountered the problem from earlier in the thread about women marrying and filling up courts with lowborns. VIETmisc.3126 (one of the "family member marries a woman" events) kept getting called directly on me, thus ignoring trigger conditions, and probably on other women too. I grepped my entire mods folder and couldn't find a single thing that would call it directly, just the one event that is supposed to call it. It doesn't look malformed either. It looks like the engine was just breaking on its own somehow...

I've never been able to reproduce that problem myself--I had assumed it was a conflict with another mod.

For the people who have seen it happen, are you all playing on Windows by chance?

@genericlogin

So, what's now? Any plans? Development?

I'm working on it, but I can't say what will make it into the next version.

Did you think about donations/patreon ?

No.

I wonder how ai_whore ;) works.

Basically, if a character has a certain number of traits from a list of possiblities she will be a whore. The number is much lower for Catholics.

Could it be clever enough to cheat according to eugenics?

If you're asking "will AI characters seduce people based on desirable hereditary traits," no. Keep in mind that people in the period CK2 is set had no idea how this worked.

Why my wife actually tells me that she has child with someone else instead if hiding it?

Because she's Catholic. Why would she hide it?

How about adding "primus noctis" everytime any of your vassal takes a bride ? With chances of conception ofc.

There's an event along those lines, it's just rare.

Do you plan backporting some features from other mods ?

No, with one caveat. A while back I had an item on my to-do list to create an "Eros Plague" based on the Dancing Plague. I dropped it when Toska released a version first, but since his mod is buggy and (apparently) abandoned, I've added it back for a future version.

EDIT: How about more fun with prisoners? Having sex for putting to home arrest (from normal prison) or even letting free. In case of male prisoners, how about letting them free if... they wife or married daughter come for him LOL

I have an item on my to-do list to add prisoner abuse events, but it's at the bottom of the list because it just doesn't interest me that much.

Thank You for Your answer.

Cheating wife - why Catholic women are considered honest ? Any tips to make them more deceitful - in the code? There is code somewhere, for catholic women to lie, I just don't know why is so rare. [in this event] I even hire spies, they tell me that child is mine, but charifno tells it isn't. That is great.

Primus noctis - how about making this event more frequent? Where to find it in code?

You MOD is the best, I am very grateful. THX!

EDIT: LOL, I played female char and she get pregnant by random without my decision.
EDIT2: Father was JAILED seducer. He impregnated from his cell ;)

• 2 weeks later...

After looking over some of the heresies, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add something new to Cathars seeing as their entire point is somewhat circumvented with this mod. Maybe add like Divine Blood as part of their heretical views?

That would just make them Messalians. My idea was to make the already feminist heresies into enatic-allowing heresies, but genericlogin vetoed it. I could still make it a submod if you are interested though.

I've never been able to reproduce that problem myself--I had assumed it was a conflict with another mod.

For the people who have seen it happen, are you all playing on Windows by chance?

I found what was probably the issue while fixing all the error.log script asserts (I never knew about debug mode.) Without a namespace in that event file CK2 didn't want to read those events, and weird stuff happened when they were called. In my case it jumped to the last event in the file, ignoring triggers.

I hope genericlogin isn't opposed to a 1.7.2a hotfix release, a couple of these fixes are pretty major.

I have an item on my to-do list to add prisoner abuse events, but it's at the bottom of the list because it just doesn't interest me that much.

Just for future reference, what exactly are you into and not into for the purposes of this mod if you don't mind me asking. Sorry if this is too personal.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I play as other male, choose Seduction focus and some of them won't start seducing. Any idea why ? I add Lustful and Hedonist for them not to change focus.

I can't tell just what exactly you're asking. The "seduce" decision will only appear for characters who are eligible targets. For example, if you're playing a male character you won't be able to seduce another male character unless you have the Homosexual trait--and in that case, you won't be able to seduce a female character. Also, there are various things that can keep a seduction from moving forward with an eligible target, such as the character leading an army.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kalleklovn said:

I think the latest update to the game broke the mod. My game won't start with the mod loaded (it hangs on "loading flags"), but everything works fine when I disable this mod. 

Yes, that normally happens when there's a significant update to the game. I'm working on a new version of the mod.