OK BIG Issue. I really really wish the author or soemone would have make it very clear like in CAPITAL LETTERS that if you have convienient Horses Mod ( which most people do) the horse chase scene will always bug and fail.

Only though painstakingly going through evry post made by users here did i see soemone mention it.

Hello??!! Compatibility section would be hlpful for this!! I just spent hours constantly trying to catch up with the thief only to have myself dragged off my stupid old slow horse by wolves or shot off by bandits and the Quest to give a  " THIEF FAIL" message and then its deleted/removed from my quests with no indication that i will ever be able to continue the quest. I tried and tried and cant seem to end the chase. he goes from whiterun to the farm close to Falkreath, then turns around and rides back to whiterun, then back to the farm over and over and if i manage I which is rare) to avoid the arrows of the many bandits it just loops amd loops until i do get killed. I cant get back on the horse if shot off it, i cant use any weapons, cant jump off horse..its so BUGGY!!

ok now i removed Convienient Horses and the mod starts to work. the bandits kill my horse and capture me. after that scene i have to go find the thief at the Mill. so....i go to the mill, enter the mill house. nothing in there of interest, So i walk back outside and BAM! stuck in doorway and cant move. waite for about 12 in game hours and nothing. stuck, nothing happens. 

To top it off, i cant save the game while in quest mode. Saving has not been enabled by this mods author so the last save i did have was waaaaaaaaaaay back at Whiterun, way before the horse chase! So because i cant save the game i have to do alllll that again!

So can anyone PLEASE tell me if the rest of this mod is going to be really buggy like i am now finding it because if there is a shit load of bugs to follow i will just uninstall this mod.

1 hour ago, sophiextime said:

ok now i removed Convienient Horses and the mod starts to work. the bandits kill my horse and capture me. after that scene i have to go find the thief at the Mill. so....i go to the mill, enter the mill house. nothing in there of interest, So i walk back outside and BAM! stuck in doorway and cant move. waite for about 12 in game hours and nothing. stuck, nothing happens. 

To top it off, i cant save the game while in quest mode. Saving has not been enabled by this mods author so the last save i did have was waaaaaaaaaaay back at Whiterun, way before the horse chase! So because i cant save the game i have to do alllll that again!

So can anyone PLEASE tell me if the rest of this mod is going to be really buggy like i am now finding it because if there is a shit load of bugs to follow i will just uninstall this mod.

You cannot save because you are still stuck in an animation -- normal Skyrim bugginess. I think you mentioned you are playing on SE, so that by itself could be buggy.  It is also recommended that you use a light script load with this mod.  I have played the mod through a few times on LE and did not find any show stopping bugs.  But Skyrim being Skyrim, I have had CtDs on occasion.  Leaving Falkreath is really the only place I have had to be patient with

I recommend using Mod Organizer and creating a profile just for Thief and stripping down mods you don't really need.  The story is fairly self-contained with only one difficult combat in it so you don't really need a lot of other mods to compliment it (visual/texture mods mostly).  If you do use LE, definitely use and ENB as the stability gains are substantial.

3 hours ago, sophiextime said:

OK BIG Issue. I really really wish the author or soemone would have make it very clear like in CAPITAL LETTERS that if you have convienient Horses Mod ( which most people do) the horse chase scene will always bug and fail.

Only though painstakingly going through evry post made by users here did i see soemone mention it.

The warnings about horse mods are actually mentioned twice in the OP - it is a touchy scene if you have mods that do anything fancy to horses.  If you want to avoid bugs in that scene, your best bet is to have completely vanilla horses.

Ideally - you should play this mod on a load order with the absolute minimum of scripted and gameplay adjusting mods.  Graphical stuff is likely fine, but the mod is very complicated and touches a *huge* chunk of the game world.  The author can't possibly list all the mods that may cause problems as the mod isn't designed to exist in a regular game alongside other mods that change things - essentially assume bugs may happen if your mods are trying to change the same things Thief is using for story telling.

If you do choose to play with other mods like Convenient Horses - just be aware you may run into bugs.  So yes, if you have a lot of mods installed while you play Thief, you may have a few more bugs later on - they likely won't be as bad as the horse issues however, that scene simply doesn't work if you have conflicting mods.  If that really bothers you, I'd recommend playing the mod on a clean load order with just stuff like replacers and texture packs.

That being said - I played the entire mod on a 200+ mod load order with no serious bugs.  The mod itself is very solid - just that when a mod does break it, it is going to cause a lot of problems since the whole thing is essentially an interconnected interactive movie.

2 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Hello??!! Compatibility section would be hlpful for this!! I just spent hours constantly trying to catch up with the thief only to have myself dragged off my stupid old slow horse by wolves or shot off by bandits and the Quest to give a  " THIEF FAIL" message and then its deleted/removed from my quests with no indication that i will ever be able to continue the quest. I tried and tried and cant seem to end the chase. he goes from whiterun to the farm close to Falkreath, then turns around and rides back to whiterun, then back to the farm over and over and if i manage I which is rare) to avoid the arrows of the many bandits it just loops amd loops until i do get killed. I cant get back on the horse if shot off it, i cant use any weapons, cant jump off horse..its so BUGGY!!

Er, there is a compatibility section in the very first post of this thread and you can read the problems regarding the chase there and you would find this line: 

Many users had problems in the episode with the chase. Most likely this is due to certain mods that affects horses. So, if you use mods for horses, it's best to turn on the "easy mode for the horse" in the MCM menu.

Sure, Dogma didn't mention uninstalling them, but that should have give you the hint, and me and others that have been providing support here always recommend to disable mods like convenient horses and amazing follower tweaks for this scene specifically. Don't be afraid to ask for help here, you would have got an answer quickly without having to go painstakingly through every post. If you get stuck, open the MCM menu and in the Dogma mod section, select the debug option to reenable controls.

I'm sorry that you ended up this frustrated but the chase works pretty well provided you didn't have any horse mods.

2 hours ago, sophiextime said:

You got things wrong, you don't have to go to the mill, find a blood stain near the bridge next to the mill, and the character will comment about following the blood trail. You should approach the blood stains during the road to Falkreath and let the script do the animation.

Save is deactivated only in certain stages to avoid corruption of scripts. You can save as soon as you get up from falling the horse, then after the scenes with the bandits, once you get the blood trail, you can save again. Save is deactivated during the horse chase.

By the way, what scene did you have with the bandits?

And if you were liking the mod, like you said earlier, you didn't even get to the best part, so I'd say you should continue. The mod is considerably stable in comparison to many sexlab mods. I played this mod all the times with more than 200 plugins installed. I'd recomment to disable JK and other cities mod once and if you reach Solitude.

15 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Which scene with Lod?  After the first one she should be in the shop to the right - if you are talking later after you've already done some witch hut related stuff, she will be in the witch's basement.

Yes, the first one and she is not in the shop. I looked all around the town and can't find her at all.

Well being a port for Skyrim SE i dont get any MCM menu for this mod so there is no ' make it easy for horses' option, thank you.

The Bandit scene i get is she is taken to their small camp and raped then tied up till they fall asleep. she then has to find the key and run away towards the road. at road it says she should go to the mill to investigateas he was last seen heading there , didnt say anything about blood at all or the bridge . so my natural instict is that anyone running away would hide at the Mill and it felt logical to me that he might hide in the Mill house? no?? 

So i went in the millhouse but he wasnt there. exited building and bam, i get stuck in the doorway. cant move at all. its like it locks you in that exit point. and i couldnt save anywhere at al, not after horse gets shot, or bandits. so last save i did get was walking into banned Mare in whiterun before i take on the job as wench. thats far back. :(

So to anyone playing this quest for the first time...dont actually go to the mill house even if it seems totally logical and smart to look there. Go to the bridge, which technically ISNT the Mill and look for blood which your not actually told in the game is what to look for. Had it said  " hmm i am sure he got hit by an arrow and i will follow a blood trail that will be on this road" then it might have made sense.

5 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Well being a port for Skyrim SE i dont get any MCM menu for this mod so there is no ' make it easy for horses' option, thank you.

The Bandit scene i get is she is taken to their small camp and raped then tied up till they fall asleep. she then has to find the key and run away towards the road. at road it says she should go to the mill to investigateas he was last seen heading there , didnt say anything about blood at all or the bridge . so my natural instict is that anyone running away would hide at the Mill and it felt logical to me that he might hide in the Mill house? no?? 

So i went in the millhouse but he wasnt there. exited building and bam, i get stuck in the doorway. cant move at all. its like it locks you in that exit point. and i couldnt save anywhere at al, not after horse gets shot, or bandits. so last save i did get was walking into banned Mare in whiterun before i take on the job as wench. thats far back. :(

So to anyone playing this quest for the first time...dont actually go to the mill house even if it seems totally logical and smart to look there. Go to the bridge, which technically ISNT the Mill and look for blood which your not actually told in the game is what to look for. Had it said  " hmm i am sure he got hit by an arrow and i will follow a blood trail that will be on this road" then it might have made sense.

Well, she says "Guess my only hope is that the archer was right about hitting the thief. If so, there should be some blood on the road. I think I saw a mill up ahead. I'll start there..."

It's supposed to mean you should start looking for blood on the road next to the mill. But well, I guess it could be ambiguous.

13 hours ago, sophiextime said:

7 hours ago, Highborn said:

Well, she says "Guess my only hope is that the archer was right about hitting the thief. If so, there should be some blood on the road. I think I saw a mill up ahead. I'll start there..."

It's supposed to mean you should start looking for blood on the road next to the mill. But well, I guess it could be ambiguous.

I feel like anyone who gets lost at the point of following the blood trail is going to have some real, real difficulty figuring things out later on.  If you're getting stuck you can always check the FAQ for a full walkthrough.

13 hours ago, Sorru said:

Yes, the first one and she is not in the shop. I looked all around the town and can't find her at all.

You're playing version 0.9.1, and you were supposed to install the "fix1" patch, which fixes this bug.  Unfortunately, due to an issue with the Skyrim quest engine, installing the patch now won't fix your game and you'll have to use the skip feature to go back to the beginning of v0.7 right before the encounter with Lod.

Well i finally found the blood and was able to continue the story so have calmed down now. was getting so sttresed that i was never gonna get past that point of the quest.

I would say ( calmly lol) that the mods i do know that conflict with this quest mod and should be removed or avoided are the following :

Convenient Horses

Aroused Creatures

Random Sex mod

Lovers Victim

Anything that adds werewolves or werebears to the game ( i found these kept appearing and interupting various scenes)

and also any mod that adds more bandit spawns. 

I havent found any other mods yet have been any issue.

Thank you for everyones help and patience. And sorry for getting snarky. Just really want this to run smoothly as i am enjoying it a lot.

17 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Well i finally found the blood and was able to continue the story so have calmed down now. was getting so sttresed that i was never gonna get past that point of the quest.

I would say ( calmly lol) that the mods i do know that conflict with this quest mod and should be removed or avoided are the following :

Convenient Horses

Aroused Creatures

Random Sex mod

Lovers Victim

Anything that adds werewolves or werebears to the game ( i found these kept appearing and interupting various scenes)

I havent found any other mods yet have been any issue.

Thank you for everyones help and patience. And sorry for getting snarky. Just really want this to run smoothly as i am enjoying it a lot.

No problem. And yeah, better deactivate mods that spawn random encounters or sex scenes.

3 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Convenient Horses

Aroused Creatures

Random Sex mod

Lovers Victim

Yep, looks like a good list.  You don't want any mod that spawns random enemies or may try to randomly pull the player or nearby NPCs into a sex scene - last thing you want to do is have to break immersion and console kill a bunch of enemies that appeared out of thin air before they break something.

I cant kill the Dremora Lord :( i fight so so hard and long but i just cant punch him enough times. How am i supposed to beat a level 21 Dremora lord in a fist fight where he strips me naked yet he keeps his daedra gloves on?

I tried the console command ' kill' but it wont work on him.

1 hour ago, sophiextime said:

I cant kill the Dremora Lord :( i fight so so hard and long but i just cant punch him enough times. How am i supposed to beat a level 21 Dremora lord in a fist fight where he strips me naked yet he keeps his daedra gloves on?

I tried the console command ' kill' but it wont work on him.

You can cheat by getting some high damage weapons before the fight, or even some god/cheat weapons. And you can set your health to basically infinite with console command "player.setav health 9999999999"

i didnt know ou could fight him with weapons. it seemd to indicate it was a fist fight. Can i use a bow on him? Also i used TGM ( god mode ) and yes it kept my health and stamina to 100% but his health just would not go down no matter how hard i hit him and often. It literally was barely moving after about 10 minutes and then each time he got me down to have sex and i had to mash the buttons to get free, it got harder until i just couldnt click fast enough.

I wish a console kill command would work

8 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

i didnt know ou could fight him with weapons. it seemd to indicate it was a fist fight. Can i use a bow on him? Also i used TGM ( god mode ) and yes it kept my health and stamina to 100% but his health just would not go down no matter how hard i hit him and often. It literally was barely moving after about 10 minutes and then each time he got me down to have sex and i had to mash the buttons to get free, it got harder until i just couldnt click fast enough.

I wish a console kill command would work

You can fight with weapons until he disarms you. I wouldn't recommend a bow since it's close-range fight. 

I find a bit strange that you are having difficult with 100% health, I always end up defeating him with fists with a low level character.

9 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Well i finally beat the Lord hehe. Is there much more after this? i dont wish to read the walkthrough as i dont want to know details but curious if i am close to end or not. :)

I'd say you are about half of the journey.

11 minutes ago, Seyhtan31 said:

Any news about the next update? Game feels empty after completing this... :/

He said, last week, using Google translate:

About the approximate date. I still find it difficult to answer this question, but I understand that you want some specifics, therefore, towards the end of this month I will try to give you an approximate date, regardless of whether I’ll finish the construction of the entire add-on or not. In any case, I will do some of the work for this month, and it will be easier for me to predict.

57 minutes ago, Highborn said:

He said, last week, using Google translate:

About the approximate date. I still find it difficult to answer this question, but I understand that you want some specifics, therefore, towards the end of this month I will try to give you an approximate date, regardless of whether I’ll finish the construction of the entire add-on or not. In any case, I will do some of the work for this month, and it will be easier for me to predict.

Thanks man, i can't wait for the next update. Other mods seems so simple and boring after playing this one ^^

i do agree. I know i have shown my frustration at times but its because i love this mod. If i didnt care about it then i would let it bother me but i do care. Its by far the most immersive, unique and exciting Quest mod i have done from Loverslab. 

It is a really fun journey with very fresh encounters. I love the animations used. I swear i havent seen these before and even the undressing and simple things like how she shuffles forard before conducting oral sex on her knees etc. amazing.

I so so wish more skilled and talented people made mods like this. I hope this author considers making more after this one is complete. 

4 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

i do agree. I know i have shown my frustration at times but its because i love this mod. If i didnt care about it then i would let it bother me but i do care. Its by far the most immersive, unique and exciting Quest mod i have done from Loverslab. 

It is a really fun journey with very fresh encounters. I love the animations used. I swear i havent seen these before and even the undressing and simple things like how she shuffles forard before conducting oral sex on her knees etc. amazing.

I so so wish more skilled and talented people made mods like this. I hope this author considers making more after this one is complete. 

You might wanna check the FAQ on page 76 of this thread after you finish, since there are secret scenes that are really easy to miss in a blind playthrough. :)