4 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

I've not been following the progress of Thief recently. Cancelled my Patreon support as I couldn't get the extra scenes in Solitude to work and was also made redundant.
Has Dogma released a new update? That comment about getting everything back after finishing the quest makes it sound like he's completed it!

It isn't complete yet - when you reach the *end* of the current story on any given patch, the mod gives you back the items that were stolen in case you want to keep playing normally.

5 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

I've not been following the progress of Thief recently. Cancelled my Patreon support as I couldn't get the extra scenes in Solitude to work and was also made redundant.
Has Dogma released a new update? That comment about getting everything back after finishing the quest makes it sound like he's completed it!

No, there is no new update. Your items are all added back to your inventory since the first version of the mod. Once you hit the last available stage of the quest, a message pops up thanking you for playing the mod and saying that the quest should continue in the next update. Then your items are automatically added back.

24 minutes ago, Highborn said:

No, there is no new update. Your items are all added back to your inventory since the first version of the mod. Once you hit the last available stage of the quest, a message pops up thanking you for playing the mod and saying that the quest should continue in the next update. Then your items are automatically added back.

28 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

It isn't complete yet - when you reach the *end* of the current story on any given patch, the mod gives you back the items that were stolen in case you want to keep playing normally.

I never knew that, I always just restarted from a save previous to starting (or installing) the quest.

@Highborn New problem i never encountered before and this time not even a restart can fix it:
The task to get rid of the restraints when choosing to have sex with both bandits (chase) can't be solved because i can't activate the fire.
instead i can plain open my toons inventory and take them off what (ofc) of doesn't progress the quest.
Do you know the quest stage and variables i need to progress this quest via console?

1 hour ago, CGi said:

@Highborn New problem i never encountered before and this time not even a restart can fix it:
The task to get rid of the restraints when choosing to have sex with both bandits (chase) can't be solved because i can't activate the fire.
instead i can plain open my toons inventory and take them off what (ofc) of doesn't progress the quest.
Do you know the quest stage and variables i need to progress this quest via console?

Sorry, I don't know the quest stage; I believe @brewmasterhal is the one here more knowledgeable about the quest structure.

It seems like both cases happened when the mod had to run some animation after selecting an object.

I had a similar problem with my character not being able to select the guest room bed to sleep with "Go to Sleep" mod enable. There was some kind of conflict. Maybe you have any mod that changes how your character interact with fire?

2 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Sorry, I don't know the quest stage; I believe @brewmasterhal is the one here more knowledgeable about the quest structure.

It seems like both cases happened when the mod had to run some animation after selecting an object.

I had a similar problem with my character not being able to select the guest room bed to sleep with "Go to Sleep" mod enable. There was some kind of conflict. Maybe you have any mod that changes how your character interact with fire?

i at first suspected Dynamic Fires but the fire in this scene is custom to the mod and of the activator type.
Did a few checks for other factors but no mod i use affects the fire but for some reason it reacts like SetDestroyed what it isn't.

5 minutes ago, destroyer1012 said:

hmmm 6 months since last update and so far the quest has been fun to play. but i do wonder how much longer its going to be until the next update which im ussuming is likely tto be the finishing sections of the quest 

at the end of the month we'll know details about the next update and estimated date

2 hours ago, CGi said:

You'll need to identify the 2-character index of your Thief.esp, but the command you want is:

startscene XX027E7A

This will force the scene to play, and will thus advance the quest correctly.

Edit: took a couple hours of tinkering to figure this out, but now that we know we can do this we should be able to force any scene we want at any time - totally worth it.

1 hour ago, brewmasterhal said:

You'll need to identify the 2-character index of your Thief.esp, but the command you want is:

startscene XX027E7A

This will force the scene to play, and will thus advance the quest correctly.

Thanks alot!

52 minutes ago, TheOldGuard said:

Is there a way to skip the horse chase scene? I cant get it to work properly. when the archer shoots the horse the arrow hits but nothing happens.

You can’t have mods that alter horses like convenient horses for example. Amazing Follower Tweaks also conflicts with this scene.

11 minutes ago, TheOldGuard said:

Thanks but still doesn't work, can I just  skip this part of the quest or would that not work?

Before starting the quest, you can use the skip option at the MCM menu to advance the quest until version 0.7, which happens a bit after this horse chase. But you will miss the scene with the bandits.

You might try the startscene command @brewmasterhal posted above, but I don't know what the value is and if it will work. He may know though.

21 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Before starting the quest, you can use the skip option at the MCM menu to advance the quest until version 0.7, which happens a bit after this horse chase. But you will miss the scene with the bandits.

You might try the startscene command @brewmasterhal posted above, but I don't know what the value is and if it will work. He may know though.

Alright thanks for your help I'll try that out.

19 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Before I go digging through scripts again, have you tried just targeting the horse and using the kill command via the console?

Yes but I doesn't work, I've also tried to see if it was because of it was essential but it still didn't work.

1 hour ago, JosephShin said:

Is there an estimated date for final, completed version?

Making some assumptions, we can extrapolate an estimate.  The last five updates have been released on the following dates:

• v0.8.1 - Sept 03, 2017
  • v0.8.2 - Feb 03, 2018 - 153 days
  • v0.9.0 - Sept 29, 2018 - 238 days
  • v0.9.1 - Dec 21, 2018 - 83 days
  • v0.9.2 - Feb 15, 2019 - 56 days

We're going to see a v0.10.0 and a v0.10.1 before too long (see this post) - roughly between the end of July and beginning of September most likely.  If we assume the best case and go with a date of August 1st, we would then not expect to see the Patreon-exclusive update until about October 1st.  Again assuming the best case, we would expect about another 5-6 months before a v1.0 release, which would put it sometime between March and April 2020.

Bottom line: you will probably be playing Cyberpunk before the final release of this mod.

3 hours ago, Farah' Nor said:

Is it Viggi the cheesemonger or Lactus? I'm not sure which version I'm using and what I've download from the public folder is 0.9.1.2. Is it the same as version 0.9.2?? Or where do I download 0.9.2 version? Can't seemed to find the correct link. 

Lactus is a name given by @brewmasterhal when he translated the mod to English, since the Cheesemonger didn't have a name in version 0.9.1. With version 0.9.2 Dogma gave him the name Viggi. That version is only available to top tier Patreon members and will be eventually released to everyone in the next update. Brewmasterhal posted his translation as well of the 0.9.2 version here. I assume that you are using the public verion 0.9.1 that we can download here with the translation of the 0.9.2 version - in this case, you better replace the .esp with the 0.9.1 version. To get the 0.9.2 version now you'll need to become a patreon member.

3 hours ago, Farah' Nor said:

Is it Viggi the cheesemonger or Lactus? I'm not sure which version I'm using and what I've download from the public folder is 0.9.1.2. Is it the same as version 0.9.2?? Or where do I download 0.9.2 version? Can't seemed to find the correct link.

Prior to v0.9.2 the canonical name of the cheesemonger was "Cheesemonger" - it was changed to Viggi in the latest version.  I like to give names to characters that are involved in scenes, which is why I came up with Lactus back when I was translating v0.9.0; same thing I did for Jethro, Ravi, Castro, Hayden, Metellus, D'Biers, Romero, Varg, and Wooster.  All of those names are subtle jokes, by the way - props to anyone who gets them.

I should probably come up with names for the old man, the hot springs kid, the two farmers, etc until Dogma makes up canonical names for them.  Some characters, like the bandits and some of the guards don't need names because they're special versions of generic NPCs and names would be weird.

If you're not one of Dogma's Patrons, then you don't have access to the v0.9.2 content yet.  See the FAQ for full explanations and instructions.

Hi, i am using the latest English version of Thief. And the mod seems to be stuck at a certain moment.     It happens after PC collects the dreamcatcher from the jarl's room, activates the teleportation crystal, teleports to Zoe's room, gives dreamcatcher to zoe, then Zoe says 'but first' and then casts some spell. then nothing happens. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I have installed all the required mods, and doesn't use any other loverslab or nexus mods

7 hours ago, visvis999 said:

Hi, i am using the latest English version of Thief. And the mod seems to be stuck at a certain moment.     It happens after PC collects the dreamcatcher from the jarl's room, activates the teleportation crystal, teleports to Zoe's room, gives dreamcatcher to zoe, then Zoe says 'but first' and then casts some spell. then nothing happens. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

I have installed all the required mods, and doesn't use any other loverslab or nexus mods

just to be sure, the latest version is the 9.1.2, not the 9.2.2 wich is the patreon exclusive version

at this point, it's normal to be stuck but not forever :

Spoiler

Zoe cast her spell _ you're bound _ dialog start and at the end of the dialog you have to smash A and D to recover your freedom and run to the exit ( where some player 'd been confused )

But if all the scene don't start, even with just the requierments , best try would be reload a previous save... bad things happen.

last thing, not related to your problem but it's not indicated , you need MFG console in order to have mouth and tong work properly ( included in sexlab )

7 hours ago, flosseggy said:

just to be sure, the latest version is the 9.1.2, not the 9.2.2 wich is the patreon exclusive version

at this point, it's normal to be stuck but not forever :

Reveal hidden contents

Zoe cast her spell _ you're bound _ dialog start and at the end of the dialog you have to smash A and D to recover your freedom and run to the exit ( where some player 'd been confused )

But if all the scene don't start, even with just the requierments , best try would be reload a previous save... bad things happen.

last thing, not related to your problem but it's not indicated , you need MFG console in order to have mouth and tong work properly ( included in sexlab )

Reloading an earlier save didn't work, and i cant skip this scene. is there any console Command that might help??