6 hours ago, flosseggy said:

hi, 

the cheeesemonger scenes are patreon exclusive ? i tried but nothing seem to follow ( version 9.1.2 )

Yeah, the date with the cheesemonger and everything else in v0.9.2.2 are exclusive for now.  They'll be rolled into the regular version with the next major patch, the same way that the Captain Stanius bunkhouse scene was.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:01 PM, brewmasterhal said:

I finally finished working on the v0.9.2.2 Patreon edition.  You can find the download link for it in the FAQ.  For those of you who have been playing the machine-translated version, you should be able to install right over it and keep going as normal with only minimal issues, but no promises.

This version was really complicated to work on.  I ended up re-contextualizing almost all of the roughly 850 lines of dialog to try to make sense of a 0 karma player and a 200+ karma player acting almost the same way.  Play through the cheesemonger scenes again if you have already and you'll see what I mean: the "date" scene is pretty much completely different in context, and the "meeting" scene has significant changes in context.

It'll probably be a few more days before I update the FAQ and achievement spreadsheet to reflect this version, but I'll post about it when I do.

Thanks for this, having another shot at getting it to work for me.

What is the Patreon-BME file?

Reason I ask is that I've installed both this and the Translation and I am seeing a location names that I suspect should be in Cyrilic as they show up as random ascii and also getting duplicated NPC's (Stranger and Guard Captain)

I'm about to try with out the BME file installed.

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Thanks for this, having another shot at getting it to work for me.

What is the Patreon-BME file?

Reason I ask is that I've installed both this and the Translation and I am seeing a location names that I suspect should be in Cyrilic as they show up as random ascii and also getting duplicated NPC's (Stranger and Guard Captain)

I'm about to try with out the BME file installed.

I'm not following you.  What have you installed, in what order?

1 hour ago, brewmasterhal said:

I'm not following you.  What have you installed, in what order?

Thief 0922

Thief 0922 Patreon BME

Thief 0922 Translation Files

Since then removed the translation files and it seems ok (previously tried it without BME but still had same issue - Locations missing font and duplicate NPCs)

31 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Thief 0922

Thief 0922 Patreon BME

Thief 0922 Translation Files

Since then removed the translation files and it seems ok (previously tried it without BME but still had same issue - Locations missing font and duplicate NPCs)

The translation files don't do anything for you unless you're trying to change the translation.  It includes the Russian-language version of the mod, which would be why you were seeing duplicate NPCs and Cyrilic text - you literally had two copies of the mod running at once.

1 hour ago, Shane498 said:

next update will be the final version (1.0) ? then SE version?

No and no.  Dogma has stated that the next release will probably not be the end of the story, but only part of the planned content in the sewer area.  There has not, thus far, been any discussion of an SE version of the mod that I've seen.  Once the v1.0 release does come out, the only future plans of which I'm aware are to extend some of the existing scenarios.

I really appreciated the translation @brewmasterhal but i still prefer the Dogma Google translation because the context of the date with Viggi change a lot.

The date scene with Viggi having sex in the bed with the Dogma translation make the player feels trickered but no caring so much even she start enjoying a little

The conversation with Viggi having sex with the player was more interesting and unique.

With your translation you make the player hate Viggi in the first date but the Dogma translation was the contrary she start to credit for his endurance (she don't know about the potion) and the blowjob and licking the player attitude was totally different.

Don't get me wrong i think you did a great work with the other lines but changing the way how Dogma tells his/her story it's not the way how to make a proper translation.

Sorry about my english.

4 hours ago, geraldofrivia said:

I really appreciated the translation @brewmasterhal but i still prefer the Dogma Google translation because the context of the date with Viggi change a lot.

Hide contents

The date scene with Viggi having sex in the bed with the Dogma translation make the player feels trickered but no caring so much even she start enjoying a little

The conversation with Viggi having sex with the player was more interesting and unique.

With your translation you make the player hate Viggi in the first date but the Dogma translation was the contrary she start to credit for his endurance (she don't know about the potion) and the blowjob and licking the player attitude was totally different.

Don't get me wrong i think you did a great work with the other lines but changing the way how Dogma tells his/her story it's not the way how to make a proper translation.

Sorry about my english.

This has never really been a translation of the mod - I think I've been fairly clear about that from the first time I released it.  The scene in question is by far the one that has been changed the most, but it's hardly the only one.

As I mentioned, it didn't make any sense to me that the reaction of a 0-karma and 200-karma player would be the same, but they were.  They still are, to a significant degree, but now at least there's some reason for a 0-karma protagonist to stay after waking up in the middle of being date raped other than "well, I mean, he's so good at raping..."  How you personally want to read the situation is up to you - I tried to make it somewhat ambiguous as to whether he's an honest and somewhat addled old man or the sociopath that he's implied to be during the business meeting.

If more people decide that they'd prefer a release that's closer to a literal translation, I can maybe work on that.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:07 PM, Adisprox said:

So i got 0.9 on my PC and its working well, had 0.8 on my laptop and wanted to upgrade it to 0.9 but now i got a problem. I did a clean reinstall,installed both 0.9 and the 0.9 BME but now when ingame Thief wont appear in MCM,even after starting a fresh new game. Tried checking my load order, using console commands but no luck, it just wont appear in my MCM.

i still havent fixed this,any help?

12 hours ago, brewmasterhal said:

This has never really been a translation of the mod - I think I've been fairly clear about that from the first time I released it.  The scene in question is by far the one that has been changed the most, but it's hardly the only one.

As I mentioned, it didn't make any sense to me that the reaction of a 0-karma and 200-karma player would be the same, but they were.  They still are, to a significant degree, but now at least there's some reason for a 0-karma protagonist to stay after waking up in the middle of being date raped other than "well, I mean, he's so good at raping..."  How you personally want to read the situation is up to you - I tried to make it somewhat ambiguous as to whether he's an honest and somewhat addled old man or the sociopath that he's implied to be during the business meeting.

If more people decide that they'd prefer a release that's closer to a literal translation, I can maybe work on that.

I didn't play with your translation yet (since my PC died) but was she really date raped? I assumed that the player character just went with it after getting a bit loose after the drink, since she apparently didn't wake up in the middle of unwanted sex and was aware of what she was doing. It looked to me more like she was blaming the drink as an excuse for her "innate" nympho traits. I'm saying this because if you go with the very first encounter with captain Stanius at Haelga's, when he tries to date rape her, she is unconsciously wet (still rape though), which kinda implies to me that the player character loves sex, even if she doesn't know or want, and this adventure kind becomes a journey of "self-discovery". At this point in the story, I think she consented but the courage to do it only came after a few drinks and she "regrets it" because she feels ashamed or in denial, not because it took her ability to consent - at least in this case to me. But I guess it depends of each one's headcanons. Anyway, it's good to have options and I agree with you that both scenarions looked the same. I just thought that the whole encounter with the cheesemonger sounded more "light hearted" than dark to me.

:)  And thanks again for the incredible support!

49 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Hide contents

I didn't play with your translation yet (since my PC died) but was she really date raped? I assumed that the player character just went with it after getting a bit loose after the drink, since she apparently didn't wake up in the middle of unwanted sex and was aware of what she was doing. It looked to me more like she was blaming the drink as an excuse for her "innate" nympho traits. I'm saying this because if you go with the very first encounter with captain Stanius at Haelga's, when he tries to date rape her, she is unconsciously wet (still rape though), which kinda implies to me that the player character loves sex, even if she doesn't know or want, and this adventure kind becomes a journey of "self-discovery". At this point in the story, I think she consented but the courage to do it only came after a few drinks and she "regrets it" because she feels ashamed or in denial, not because it took her ability to consent - at least in this case to me. But I guess it depends of each one's headcanons. Anyway, it's good to have options and I agree with you that both scenarions looked the same. I just thought that the whole encounter with the cheesemonger sounded more "light hearted" than dark to me.

:)  And thanks again for the incredible support!

Spoiler

My dilemma was primarily that there are only about five lines of dialog once the player enters the sex scene after the date.  There are a few extra lines with high karma but not with low karma, and there are a few extra lines of internal thought depending on the outcome with the old man in Whiterun.

The low karma scene plays out like this: player wakes up and thinks about getting drunk; Viggi asks what's wrong; player responds; Viggi says two lines; player responds; fade to black.  Other than the thought line at the very beginning, all of these lines are common across all four possible karma levels.  The only situation I could think of that would lead to a completely innocent virgin having less to say in this situation than a depraved nympho - and they both have the same reaction - is if neither of them had a choice either before or during.  The possibility that Viggi could be so persuasive in two lines that the innocent virgin decides to, I guess, make the best of it, is if nothing else beyond my own powers of persuasion.

The first differences in the player's handling of the situation doesn't happen until after she orgasms, and almost every one of the lines that differ based on karma are thoughts and not speech.  The zero karma player even happily spreads her legs for him, moments after telling him not to look, with exactly the same lines as the maximum karma.  For me, though, it gets even weirder from there.

Even in the original version, with low karma you can choose to just continue having sex with him, despite the fact that there is no way to get into the sex scene without him getting you drunk.  This kind of thing is why it took me a month to get this version out.  It took me a very long time to come up with a plausible reason that the full gamut of karma levels would act the exact same through the entire experience.  When I eventually created the current scenario, in which Viggi claims to be under the effects of a Hist-based potion as a method of blackmail, it still took me a couple of weeks to try all of the possible paths and make sure it all makes consistent logical sense.

If Dogma re-visits the scene in a future update and changes things, I will do the same - as I have done in the past with scenes that have been updated.  With a few more differences between the different karma levels, it could certainly be changed to reflect an unwilling/willing dichotomy.  At the moment, with only one set of lines, it made more sense to me to shift it away from willing and toward, let's say, begrudging.

The business meeting scenes have a similar problem of almost no differentiation between the levels of karma.  Of the handful of lines that are different, the low karma is more offended and disgusted while the high karma is just more angry - both are unwilling.  There are very, very few player lines in the entire meeting, though, so it's not a big problem.

30 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Hide contents

My dilemma was primarily that there are only about five lines of dialog once the player enters the sex scene after the date.  There are a few extra lines with high karma but not with low karma, and there are a few extra lines of internal thought depending on the outcome with the old man in Whiterun.

The low karma scene plays out like this: player wakes up and thinks about getting drunk; Viggi asks what's wrong; player responds; Viggi says two lines; player responds; fade to black.  Other than the thought line at the very beginning, all of these lines are common across all four possible karma levels.  The only situation I could think of that would lead to a completely innocent virgin having less to say in this situation than a depraved nympho - and they both have the same reaction - is if neither of them had a choice either before or during.  The possibility that Viggi could be so persuasive in two lines that the innocent virgin decides to, I guess, make the best of it, is if nothing else beyond my own powers of persuasion.

The first differences in the player's handling of the situation doesn't happen until after she orgasms, and almost every one of the lines that differ based on karma are thoughts and not speech.  The zero karma player even happily spreads her legs for him, moments after telling him not to look, with exactly the same lines as the maximum karma.  For me, though, it gets even weirder from there.

Even in the original version, with low karma you can choose to just continue having sex with him, despite the fact that there is no way to get into the sex scene without him getting you drunk.  This kind of thing is why it took me a month to get this version out.  It took me a very long time to come up with a plausible reason that the full gamut of karma levels would act the exact same through the entire experience.  When I eventually created the current scenario, in which Viggi claims to be under the effects of a Hist-based potion as a method of blackmail, it still took me a couple of weeks to try all of the possible paths and make sure it all makes consistent logical sense.

If Dogma re-visits the scene in a future update and changes things, I will do the same - as I have done in the past with scenes that have been updated.  With a few more differences between the different karma levels, it could certainly be changed to reflect an unwilling/willing dichotomy.  At the moment, with only one set of lines, it made more sense to me to shift it away from willing and toward, let's say, begrudging.

The business meeting scenes have a similar problem of almost no differentiation between the levels of karma.  Of the handful of lines that are different, the low karma is more offended and disgusted while the high karma is just more angry - both are unwilling.  There are very, very few player lines in the entire meeting, though, so it's not a big problem.

Yeah, I agree. And if you have sex before the business meeting with him, her reaction during the date is a bit weird, since they already had sex . I guess Dogma didn't have much time to give more depth to one of the contexts. Regarding the meeting, her reaction is pretty much the same after she sits on the bottle, but there are different outcomes like not agreeing to sex, agreeing but managing to make the girl orgasm with just foreplay (which would make Viggi's line that he knows what he was doing true), failing on that but Viggi not letting the bard continue, or letting him continue, etc. The lack of different responses is understandable, since the update was really bigger than expected and I think this whole branch was originally supposed to require only high karma but I guess Dogma wanted to make it more accessible. I think he said he wasn't entirely satisfied with some things and would probably revisit things later. 

22 minutes ago, brewmasterhal said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've yet to get these working in 9.2.2 but from what I've just read your take on it makes more sense to me and I've done similar to scenes I didn't agree with the dialogue of.

So, thank you.

Out of interest

Is there a legit way of killing the phantom?

I can get an aim on her and shoot but until she can kill the corporal she is invulnerable.

Seems kinda odd to create scenes that follow that path but make her invulnerable to attack?

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Out of interest

Is there a legit way of killing the phantom?

I can get an aim on her and shoot but until she can kill the corporal she is invulnerable.

Seems kinda odd to create scenes that follow that path but make her invulnerable to attack?

Yes, you can, but it's really difficult.

The normal route is to be shot and then wake up in Zoe's lair, then receive a slow time potion to strike her - which is still difficult but possible.

There is an incompatibility with Interesting NPCs that makes her easy to kill. If you have it installed and didn't meet the female khajiit that resides on that tower closer to the place the Phantom hides, the Phantom might start to turn hostile towards the khajiit and start firing arrows. But since the khajiit is essential, she will be on this loop, trying to kill but failing, so she won't shoot the imperials or your pc until you disable the khajiit. You can take advantage of that and kill or capture her while she is "distracted" by the khajiit.

6 hours ago, Highborn said:

Yes, you can, but it's really difficult.

The normal route is to be shot and then wake up in Zoe's lair, then receive a slow time potion to strike her - which is still difficult but possible.

There is an incompatibility with Interesting NPCs that makes her easy to kill. If you have it installed and didn't meet the female khajiit that resides on that tower closer to the place the Phantom hides, the Phantom might start to turn hostile towards the khajiit and start firing arrows. But since the khajiit is essential, she will be on this loop, trying to kill but failing, so she won't shoot the imperials or your pc until you disable the khajiit. You can take advantage of that and kill or capture her while she is "distracted" by the khajiit.

Actually the interesting NPC's exploit was how I had previously succeded but it was one of the mods I removed trying to solve my other issues.

The only way I have found to do it is to cheat and use console to disarm her, disarming shout might work but probably not, I seem to recall her being immune to Unrelenting Force.

I just wanted to do it with an Imperial character as I had read there is different dialogue or scene somewhere but I never saw it :)

13 hours ago, Mez558 said:

The only way I have found to

in 0.82 version the strat i used was to walk left side of the road, trying to stay as close as possible to the corporal ( too close and you get shot at first ). close enough , i can see her invisible shape and start aiming then shooting as soon as she became visible... the window is very short.

may be an AOE spell could do the job, any adept destruction spell or scroll, with those spells you should be able to damage her even before she become visible...never tested.

I've made it so I have scene with porter both outdoors and at Madamme Pettites and after that checked the barrel, in the faq it says that I can return to him and ask why is the barrel empty but I can't find him anywhere. Is that a bug?

6 minutes ago, TarnisMartell said:

Where do I get the 9.2 Version? :O

on Dogma's patreon

1 hour ago, Fayeer said:

I've made it so I have scene with porter both outdoors and at Madamme Pettites and after that checked the barrel, in the faq it says that I can return to him and ask why is the barrel empty but I can't find him anywhere. Is that a bug?

should be waiting for you at the bar, at madame petit's