[AAF] FO4 Animations by Leito - 21/09/06 - v2.1b

1 minute ago, WandererZero said:

Yes. I literally gave someone else the solution about 2 posts UP in the thread. 

What do you mean when you say "

Comment it out like this: 

<!--
<animationOffset actor="1" offset="0,70,0"/>
<animationOffset actor="2" offset="0,0,0"/>
-->"

that's what the file already says.

I'm confused...

16 minutes ago, sissycharlotte said:

What do you mean when you say "

<!--
-->"

that's what the file already says.

I'm confused...

im confused aswell. ig he means u have to add the "<(!=ig this was a typo?)--" and "-->"  but im not sure.

8 hours ago, WandererZero said:

This fix was posted in another thread, but is a common issue. You just need to make sure your position data is sane, not all of them are updated, or you may be using an older copy...

But, look in any of Leito's positionData.xml's and if you see this: 

<!--
-->

anyways @WandererZero can u paste the link of the already existing topic for my prob here? 

very thankies ?

46 minutes ago, sissycharlotte said:

I'm confused...

35 minutes ago, Saphiira said:

im confused aswell.

It's not at all confusing, and you have to really pay attention to detail when you're working with these mods, because they're in a constant state of development. So, here we go. 

image.png.b4618371069399fa93ab3c78f3302003.png

In this example, I have the file "Leito_FF_positionData.xml" open. You can find ALL AAF configs/definition xmls in the following location: 

Fallout 4/Data/AAF/

Now, see the two lines that contain the tag "animationOffset"? 

Comment those lines out using the proper syntax. For this file, comments are enclosures with the "<!--" and "-->"

What you want to do in this case, is add these around the place where you do not want the settings to be read, as you can see here: 

image.png.5efa0c559b1bd84021a7a50c6900fe20.png

See how the commenting has greyed them out? You can use any text editor, such as notepad, or in my case Notepad++. But this is what you're shooting for when someone says to comment a line out in an XML file. 

There are a few files with the off positioning. Leito_FF_positionData.xml is just one. I think the SM_positionData also has this as well. 

This is how you comment out stuff. Go to it. 

24 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

It's not at all confusing, and you have to really pay attention to detail when you're working with these mods, because they're in a constant state of development. So, here we go. 

image.png.b4618371069399fa93ab3c78f3302003.png

In this example, I have the file "Leito_FF_positionData.xml" open. You can find ALL AAF configs/definition xmls in the following location: 

Fallout 4/Data/AAF/

Comment those lines out using the proper syntax. For this file, comments are enclosures with the "<!--" and "-->"

What you want to do in this case, is add these around the place where you do not want the settings to be read, as you can see here: 

image.png.5efa0c559b1bd84021a7a50c6900fe20.png

See how the commenting has greyed them out? You can use any text editor, such as notepad, or in my case Notepad++. But this is what you're shooting for when someone says to comment a line out in an XML file. 

There are a few files with the off positioning. Leito_FF_positionData.xml is just one. I think the SM_positionData also has this as well. 

This is how you comment out stuff. Go to it. 

thats all and should fix the prob? lol ok. ill try^^ i dont have any experience with mod creating or .xml files so do i have to find any positioning file and comment out or....?

2 minutes ago, WandererZero said:

Well, Four Play is kind of dead, and AAF is the future. I would start learning how to install and use AAF. You really won't regret it...it's a very sensible framework, and uses a really decent UI to accomplish things. 

well thx for the tip but i will use four play as long as it is possible. i just need it for the violate mod. i will try using AAF when its necessary at all. back to commenting out: i have to do it with every positioning file?

4 hours ago, Saphiira said:

oh btw: i dont use AAF. im using the mod via four play. i tried with aaf aswell but it didnt work and i dont like the AAF menu

If you don't like AAF's Menu, just use SEU, like I do. Set your hot keys in MCM, and just walk up to someone & ask for sex.

?

4 hours ago, WandererZero said:

Fallout 4/Data/AAF/

I did all that exactly as showed and I'm still having the same problem.  Maybe the issue is actually with "AAF Animated Position Tags" file or the "AFF Patches of Leito & Crazy Animations" file?  I dunno, I'm stumped.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I did all that exactly as showed and I'm still having the same problem.  Maybe the issue is actually with "AAF Animated Position Tags" file or the "AFF Patches of Leito & Crazy Animations" file?  I dunno, I'm stumped.

What's the exact animation you're trying to fix? You will need to go to the positionData.xml file of that animation and make sure the offsets are all set to 0 at the top.

If it's a furniture animation the offsets may be different.

I went and changed all of them, as per the instructions.  They're all still doing the "guy standing 10 feet in front of girl during sex" thing.  Just read that AAF position tags has become obsolete and we should try the new "themes" thing, so I'm going to try that next.

Edit: It didn't help.

Untitled.png.45960366aa12146a4c4fffc5e088e039.png

Edit 2: GOT YOU, you buggy bastard! (<- said in Tinker Tom's voice)

OK, so it's not enough to change the XMLs in the Leito Animations file.  I went in to the AAF Patches for Leito and Crazy Animations and changed those XLMs as well and it worked!  Turns out the patches were over-writing the changes in Leito's basic with it's own bugged positions.

Untitled.png.c62ab2875f3881d4784912792957d1b6.png

When I fixed these the same way as the others (i.e. editing out the offsets) the problem was solved!  Fucking yay!

21 minutes ago, dforget said:

Still looking for a male masturbation mod + money shot.  Crazy used to have one but it no longer works for AAF.  Any chance you could add this animation to your pack?

Crazy's animation should still work for jacking off. Here's the .xmls for ONLY masturbation animations (male and female).

Crazy_positionData.xml

Crazy_animationData.xml 

You'll need to download the animations, scripts, etc. themselves from Crazy_Animations (Mod Manager Gun Version) - 3-11-17

Crazy_Animations (Mod Manager Gun Version) - 3-11-17.7z

Sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees - you guys do good work in here and it's refreshing to see so many being so patient - not a fan of those who ask questions being mocked or brutalised for struggling to come to terms with something - I think your man there just needs a good nights sleep and things will become a lot clearer.

Certainly, I'm going for a nights rest, but if I continue to have my issues (corrupt saves after animations and yes I've read everything and I've spent days on it) - I'll not be scared to ask in what's a really fair and patient group......

What can I say, I like it.

JaYmZeE

46 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I went and changed all of them, as per the instructions.  They're all still doing the "guy standing 10 feet in front of girl during sex" thing.  Just read that AAF position tags has become obsolete and we should try the new "themes" thing, so I'm going to try that next.

Tags and themes are just ways for modders/AAF to categorize animations, they won't actually fix what is going wrong.

The only way that we can fix the issue with positioning is through deductive reasoning, going from small to big: Is this particular xml correct? all the way to is AAF properly installed.

If you'd like to upload the positionData.xml that you changed we could see if it needs re-working.

Absolutely MO2.  I got sick of having to completely reinstall FO4 every time a mod malfunctioned.  MO2 keeps all it's mods in a separate directory and only loads them into RAM rather than actually imprinting anything directly into the FO4 directory.  So if something goes wrong all I have to do is turn the mod off with a checkbox - I don't have to actually install or clean out anything (except old scripts with Fallrim Tools on occasion).  This was the first time I had manually edit anything since I made the switch, in fact.