DocClox,

I had an idea while I was posting to SEU that I thought I'd repeat here. It had to do with SEU's flirt and assult calling different sets of animations. I'm not clear on how four-play is currenlty set up internally but, seems to me, this would be what you might want to shoot for:

Four-play should have a consensual bucket of animations and an agressive bucket of animations that could be added to by Crazy or Lieto or whoever so each mod could call the types of animations it needs. For example: Aggressive animations for SEU Assault or Violate and consensual animations for SEU Flirt or Autonomy (or Prostitution).

Let me know if I'm way off base here.

This is why animation tagging exists in SexLab. It's best to have animations with animation tags that describe what they are, like "Female on Male", "NPC on Creature", "Consensual", "Aggressive", and so forth.

Scripting classifications for animations would probably not be as intuitive as just scripting animation sequences that have tags, and then mod makers choose the animations they want to play based on tags.

---

Also, I hope that the race whitelisting is only a temporary measure, and that we get F4SE utilities that let us look at an actor's Race's name string for specific strings like "Child", "Little", and anything else that would point towards an actor being a child.

SexLab does that very thing IIRC to check if an actor is valid for sex animations, and thus prevents children from being involved in naughty actions.

I hope such a general method that creates less work for modders that create races can be implemented in the future.

And congrats on the new update!

I see the mod has been updated now. Do I have to wait for the other mods to be updated before it will work?

And were you able to integrate leito's stuff like you said here?

And if I get a little extra time, I might even integrate Leito's stuff and save Vinfamy the trouble of updating Four-Lay :)

Or do I also have to wait for the Four-Lei to be updated?

Thanks again for your work!

I see the mod has been updated now. Do I have to wait for the other mods to be updated before it will work?

And were you able to integrate leito's stuff like you said here?

And if I get a little extra time, I might even integrate Leito's stuff and save Vinfamy the trouble of updating Four-Lay :)

Or do I also have to wait for the Four-Lei to be updated?

Thanks again for your work!

Ready to Rock. Everything works, haven't checked coc, but we're back in the Booty again.

Just Deleted .0.0.7 & installed .0.0.8.1 , went to plug ins & disabled Four-Play & it's plug ins (for clean save) & went in. Exited game & enabled those. 

post-151025-0-91917400-1493245182_thumb.jpgpost-151025-0-83422100-1493245225_thumb.jpg

All's Great, hopefully the babies are safe and I can have fun making some more.

Also, I hope that the race whitelisting is only a temporary measure, and that we get F4SE utilities that let us look at an actor's Race's name string for specific strings like "Child", "Little", and anything else that would point towards an actor being a child.

SexLab does that very thing IIRC to check if an actor is valid for sex animations, and thus prevents children from being involved in naughty actions.

I hope such a general method that creates less work for modders that create races can be implemented in the future.

Its probably permanent, because 4Play will later need to chose animations for non-human races anyway like robots and creatures to, it wasn't a problem in Sexout doing it that way.

This is my first time trying this mod and I can't get the animations to run. When I Ioad a save I don't get the "4play: setting up slots" message.

I can get crazy's gun animations to work fine and I can get into the test cell no problem.

I have the latest version of F4SE installed and I'm running on a clean save (brand new game).

Can anyone help please?

This is my first time trying this mod and I can't get the animations to run. When I Ioad a save I don't get the "4play: setting up slots" message.

I can get crazy's gun animations to work fine and I can get into the test cell no problem.

I have the latest version of F4SE installed and I'm running on a clean save (brand new game).

Can anyone help please?

Make sure you have manually installed the scripts folder from F4SE.

Hello

I have some small problems with version 0.0.8.1

Npc who smoke or sweep is gets up during sex

Ghoul do not dress after sex

Edit:

I also noticed one thing
The npc and the player get undressed too quickly the scene of sex starts and are not aligned for sex
In version 0.6 it took a little more time   :P

Edit2:

Currently for me the 0.6 is almost perfect
Just that the ghouls put the human body  ^_^

Hello

That's an issue yet to be resolved. All NPC's , companions and followers too, have basic AI's. Standing , sweeping, smoking etc. , I've found the best way is , after animation starts, toggle them off . Go into console & "tai" all. (no npc selected) Basicaly it "Freezes" all npc's in their tracks so they don't "Step on your Moment", pushing the characters out of alignment. 

Four-Lei (compatibility patch for Four-Play to work with Leito's animations) has been updated accordingly for Four-Play 0.8.1

Download it here

-------------

@Doc: Everything works great. Alignment is very good now (Last version I used was 0.0.5c before end up stuck in exams). However, how come in my game, at the end of each sex scene, there is always a debug.notification for "Restrip hard way". Does this have to be visible to users? Thought a trace would be enough. Again, no big deal whatsoever. Well done on all the improvements over the past few versions and the quick reaction to the whole legal situation. 

Four-play should have a consensual bucket of animations and an agressive bucket of animations that could be added to by Crazy or Lieto or whoever so each mod could call the types of animations it needs. For example: Aggressive animations for SEU Assault or Violate and consensual animations for SEU Flirt or Autonomy (or Prostitution).

Sorry, meant to reply to this earlier, but it's been that sort of week.

Yeah, tagging for violent/victim and dominant/submissive is in the code and will be enabled as soon as I finish writing the loader for Leito's animations. It would have been in this release if things had gone according to plan.

Scripting classifications for animations would probably not be as intuitive as just scripting animation sequences that have tags, and then mod makers choose the animations they want to play based on tags.

I should probably write up the tagging and searching model I have in mind. I think I have most of that covered.

Trouble is, what happens when some clever-cloggs copies HumanChildRace in the CK and names the copy HumanUglyPersonRace, and then changes all the children to use that race? Or leaves the vanilla ones as they are and adds new ones?

The advantage of a whitelist is that it's robust. The only way to get a race to animate is to add them to the list and that has to be a deliberate act. Which makes it relatively simple to work out who and how and ban the offending mods from LL.

And congrats on the new update!

Thank you. It's been a hell of a week :) 

LOL. I looked at the source scripts, and I just LOVE yer comments for disallowed actors.

:D

Yeah. Packages re-asserting themselves. I should be able to fix that with ApplyRefTo. Just need time to do it :)

That's a new one. I haven't tested very much with ghouls except to make sure Billy The Fridge was detected as a child. I'll look into it. 

Four-Lei (compatibility patch for Four-Play to work with Leito's animations) has been updated accordingly for Four-Play 0.8.1

Cheers, Vin! I had hoped you wouldn't have to do that, but I didn't have the energy left last night. Next release, we'll load them natively. 

However, how come in my game, at the end of each sex scene, there is always a debug.notification for "Restrip hard way". Does this have to be visible to users?

Sounds like a temporary debug statement that sneaked past. I'll get rid of it. (Can't even remember why I added it in now...)

I noticed a little thing with the new version ... all the animations of sex are slightly shifted .. I did not have this problem with version 0.0.6

Edit:

In the new version the moment between the undressing and the start of sex is ultra fast

In version 0.0.6 it's a bit longer
As if the player and the npc had more time to place it

If I put the main.pex version 0.0.6 it is perfectly aligned

Edit2:

:lol: I really have funny bug

I handed the main.pex of the new version and I put the loaderbase.pex of the version
0.0.6 and more problem of slight misalignment

Trouble is, what happens when some clever-cloggs copies HumanChildRace in the CK and names the copy HumanUglyPersonRace, and then changes all the children to use that race? Or leaves the vanilla ones as they are and adds new ones?

The advantage of a whitelist is that it's robust. The only way to get a race to animate is to add them to the list and that has to be a deliberate act. Which makes it relatively simple to work out who and how and ban the offending mods from LL.

Whether you have a blacklist or a whitelist doesn't matter, the offending mods that allow for children to be animated will be able to be created, and will be reported with just as much ease if they are uploaded to LL. I think that whitelisting only creates hassle for modders who want to make new races.

The clever-cloggs example falls into the same trap. What if someone copies the children races and renames them, sets all the vanilla child actors to those races, then adds them to the whitelist? It's the same problem that will appear, no matter what type of method you use, blacklisting or whitelisting.

Of course, like you said, this has to be a deliberate act, which makes banning very easy. But it still puts more burden of compatibility on race-making modders.

SexLab has been using the blacklist method, and it has worked out well. It covers all the bases with races, checking for actor scale, checking for specific keywords in races' names, and looking for if the child flag is set without using the IsChild() function (I guess it was just as unreliable in Skyrim :P). And SexLab is also one of the most robust actor animation playing mods out there.

I am not saying that 4Play should be exactly like SexLab, that would be a daunting undertaking for just one person who's learning how to do all this. All I am saying is that SexLab has already proven to have features that work to prevent this kind of stuff while at the same time be more friendly to modders who want to add their custom races.

Of course, at the moment with F4SE, you cannot use SexLab's blacklist method in FO4 because it would need a StringUtil native script, and a couple other F4SE functions missing from vanilla object scripts.

For now, I like the whitelisting because there pretty much is no other option. But I'd like it to change in the future so that custom race modders don't need to make 4Play race compatibility ESPs, just make their new race and play sexy time anims.

---

Speaking of, is there any documentation on how to add races to the whitelist? I have a mod that sets the player to be a custom race, so technically they wouldn't be able to have sex under the new 4P rules.

Is it just use a startup script that adds the race to a formlist?

Hello

That's an issue yet to be resolved. All NPC's , companions and followers too, have basic AI's. Standing , sweeping, smoking etc. , I've found the best way is , after animation starts, toggle them off . Go into console & "tai" all. (no npc selected) Basicaly it "Freezes" all npc's in their tracks so they don't "Step on your Moment", pushing the characters out of alignment. 

Kudos to you sir!  That is brilliant.  I mapped tai to F4 using the hotkey mod ("hotkey F4 tai") and now, right as the clothes are coming off I tap F4 and everyone stops.  The target is notorious for walking or sitting or sweeping or sleeping right as the animation starts, throwing everything off a little,  or a lot.  Using this, they stop and, also, during the animation nobody bumps into you or chats with you (or shoots you).  Still got to avoid the furniture but this solves 90% of the problems. Awesome!

Now if only Four-Play would ask me if I'd like to continue after the first 30 seconds, like Lieto's gun does.  ;)

Hello

Kudos to you sir!  That is brilliant.  I mapped tai to F4 using the hotkey mod ("hotkey F4 tai") and now, right as the clothes are coming off I tap F4 and everyone stops.  The target is notorious for walking or sitting or sweeping or sleeping right as the animation starts, throwing everything off a little,  or a lot.  Using this, they stop and, also, during the animation nobody bumps into you or chats with you (or shoots you).  Still got to avoid the furniture but this solves 90% of the problems. Awesome!

Now if only Four-Play would ask me if I'd like to continue after the first 30 seconds, like Lieto's gun does.  ;)

What Mod is that?

What Mod is that?

I think that is the one http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/?

Yepper.... that's what I thought. Works Great. Even works on vendors.

Yes, that's the one.  I use it primarily to map VAFS to the Q key... can't do it any other way. 

VAFS is... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15875/?

My current survival playthrough is VAFS-only, no VATS

What Mod is that?

I think that is the one http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11664/?

Yepper.... that's what I thought. Works Great. Even works on vendors.

Yes, that's the one.  I use it primarily to map VAFS to the Q key... can't do it any other way. 

VAFS is... http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15875/?

My current survival playthrough is VAFS-only, no VATS

Using the lite version, according to videos there is way to map console commands via scripts. I don't know, maybe a Doc could figure that out.

Hey doc, So you might have heard this or already know but just in case you don't know, One of the biggest issues with misalignment during animations is the collision between entities outside of the animation colliding with the lead role of the animation (actor 1). If any force by an entity outside of the animation is pushed against actor 1 then that actor will be pushed while the other actor will be in a no collide state; so not moving with the other actor.(It could also effect actor 2 but from my experiences it hasn't) 

Yeah. I tried changing the actor race to an immobile one (that would have been problematic going forward in any case) and I keep meaning to try changing the motion type. The immobile race thing also had the side effect of stopping animations running though. It's possible I could still make it work, but I'd have to clone every allowable race in the game, and then there's custom races...