Doc I'm glad looking hard into this issue because its better turning all the children to teens. I can see how it would be a major problem when someone makes a "beeing female" mod to have children. Although it sounds very funny to have the pregnant females popping out teens/young adults instead of toddlers/kids it also sounds very painful too. lol

OK. So this is the test function I'm running:

And this is the result from the logfile.

Height isn't going to work (which we knew already, but it was worth checking given that everything else is upside down today)

Looks like a race formlist is the only thing that's going to work.

Dude......There's only what? 6 "Kids"?

Let's just make these 6 kids legal adults & be done with it.......

??

Height isn't going to work (which we knew already, but it was worth checking given that everything else is upside down today)

??

thats short sighted you know. Its already difficult to make mods as i'm told why make more problems with compatibility in the future? if this is fixed the correct way we won't have  those problems in the future.

... and then there's Peter from Fusion City Rising, and there's whatever Killable Children and Raider Children adds, and god knows what else that I never heard of.

I'd like a solution that works for the general case if I can find one, is all. Or at least for a wider slice of the problem set than just vanilla actors.

if this is fixed the correct way we won't have  those problems in the future.

Funny you should say that: I've updated the blog post with the resources spec. I'm including two formlists and a faction.

One of the factions is a list of allowed races. Your race isn't in here, you don't get to have sex. It is a formlist and it is in an esm file, so there's no problem in adding custom races to the list. But it they'll need to be added deliberately - it's not going to happen by accident. By default that's Adult Humans and Adult (Non-Feral) Ghouls. Anyone else is going to get bounced. Including children and the Power Armor race. We can talk about creatures when we have some creature animations smile.png

The next line of defence is an actor blacklist. This is intended mainly for vanilla actors that shouldn't be taking part in sex scenes. By default this is empty unless someone can identify anyone that needs to be in it.

Finally we have a no-sex faction. This works the same way as the SexLab one does - if you're making a mod and one of your actors shouldn't be sexually active, add them to the faction rather than the formlist.

Still got a little bit of coding to do to make this all happen, but light at the end of the tunnel and all that. Let's just hope it's not an oncoming train smile.png

... and then there's Peter from Fusion City Rising, and there's whatever Killable Children and Raider Children adds, and god knows what else that I never heard of.

I'd like a solution that works for the general case if I can find one, is all. Or at least for a wider slice of the problem set than just vanilla actors.

if this is fixed the correct way we won't have  those problems in the future.

Funny you should say that: I've updated the blog post with the resources spec. I'm including two formlists and a faction.

One of the factions is a list of allowed races. Your race isn't in here, you don't get to have sex. It is a formlist and it is in an esm file, so there's no problem in adding custom races to the list. But it they'll need to be added deliberately - it's not going to happen by accident. By default that's Adult Humans and Adult (Non-Feral) Ghouls. Anyone else is going to get bounced. Including children and the Power Armor race. We can talk about creatures when we have some creature animations smile.png

The next line of defence is an actor blacklist. This is intended mainly for vanilla actors that shouldn't be taking part in sex scenes. By default this is empty unless someone can identify anyone that needs to be in it.

Finally we have a no-sex faction. This works the same way as the SexLab one does - if you're making a mod and one of your actors shouldn't be sexually active, add them to the faction rather than the formlist.

Still got a little bit of coding to do to make this all happen, but light at the end of the tunnel and all that. Let's just hope it's not an oncoming train smile.png

nice work Doc :)

looks promising and wait for the new version to try :)

I want to see a beeing female mod at some point but with the current tools for modding FO4 can't that happening and I've never tried making a mod idk where to begin :/

I too would like a PM of the file if anyone is sending it out. I don't want kids fucking so I'm glad it was taken down to be fixed, but I also want to try out the mod itself. I just found out this was finally created yesterday and spent a few hours today reinstalling/modding in my normal stuff, come back here, and it's down. :(

I too would like a PM of the file if anyone is sending it out. I don't want kids fucking so I'm glad it was taken down to be fixed, but I also want to try out the mod itself. I just found out this was finally created yesterday and spent a few hours today reinstalling/modding in my normal stuff, come back here, and it's down. :(

Won't be long, its just a matter of coding and testing, so tomorrow is very possible. Meanwhile test all that stuff you just added :)

Elegant solution DocClox, if you'd like a spot of QA testing, let me know.  I did track the initial issue with the latest FP 0.0.7 not honoring children back to the Four_Lei compatibility patch containing an older version of Four Play's main script file.  I realize your testing found other issues, and the mod list I had made things worse - but since these mods are all working together, Four_Lei compatibility would very likely require an update to your newest version, in order to avoid future issues.

@vinfamy - With respect, I'm looking at you on that last bit. ;)  If you'd like a hand, I'm here to help in any way I can.

??

No biggy waiting for the next version. It'll be mostly putting out the PR fires, taking kids out of Harm's (Sex) way and fucking piper inside a Can. Then Doc can get back to the "Real" work,  Animation Loader & NPC collisions with the sex scene. Doc's plate is still full and this last weekend he just had to Burp.

If I post a new skel & body to the base "kid" the mods that work with kids should use it, I'd think, but there **ARE** anomolies that would have to be adressed, yes.

;) ;) ;) ;)

"No biggy waiting for the next version. It'll be mostly putting out the PR fires, taking kids out of Harm's (Sex) way and fucking piper inside a Can. Then Doc can get back to the "Real" work,  Animation Loader & NPC collisions with the sex scene. Doc's plate is still full and this last weekend he just had to Burp."

.......But that's my point. If we change what these "kids" are at their core, that would free up Doc to handle other things.

Please read what's going on in the 4Play Violate thread before shouting in large text and flaming, labelling helpful concerned people as Pedophiles.

And its a barely functional framework still in alpha/beta development version 0.0.7, we were concentrating on just making it work first before adding stuff in to control lesser probability issues. Doc added a quick easy check last update, but it was not enough obviously.

"No biggy waiting for the next version. It'll be mostly putting out the PR fires, taking kids out of Harm's (Sex) way and fucking piper inside a Can. Then Doc can get back to the "Real" work,  Animation Loader & NPC collisions with the sex scene. Doc's plate is still full and this last weekend he just had to Burp."

.......But that's my point. If we change what these "kids" are at their core, that would free up Doc to handle other things.

Well then you would be allowing bad people to just add child actors with no checks to stop them if you assume there are no children in the game or mods.

This isn't the first time this has happened, it happen in FONV, Skyrim, probably Oblivion. There is precedent on how to handle it to allow other mods to still work. A few days delay is nothing in a 4 year project that's just kicked off. let the guys get it done properly as to how they see fit, then we return to normal.

If keyword checking works fine in condition functions but not in scripts, what about launching a quest with optional aliases for possible actors actors adding a spell, then checking in the script if the spell effect is applied before allowing the actor to go to the scene? (the spell effect checking don't need to be a literal check about a spell effect, it could be a check on the value of a custom actor value modified by that spell as an example).

If keyword checking works fine in condition functions but not in scripts, what about launching a quest with optional aliases for possible actors actors adding a spell, then checking in the script if the spell effect is applied before allowing the actor to go to the scene? (the spell effect checking don't need to be a literal check about a spell effect, it could be a check on the value of a custom actor value modified by that spell as an example).

It's a clever idea. I'm just guessing about conditions, but if the guess is right it could work.

The main difficulty I'm seeing is that casting the spell is going to be latent, so I'll need a retry loop with waits in-between to give the engine a chance to apply the spell. Which isn't a show-stopper, but it can be very slow.

I wonder if you can put conditions on what they seem to be calling a "data alias". Maybe I could use ApplyRefTo to stamp an actor with some factions (I'll need to do that anyway) and add condition it so that it wouldn't apply to child race or actors for whom IsChild evaluated true.

You mentioned you tried to filter out actors based on keywords, but that didnt work. I noticed the keyword for ActorChild is only referenced in the Race, not individual actors. I wonder if maybe the script will recognize the keyword if we added the ActorChild keyword directly to the npcs. If that works then we can create a script to dynamically add this keyword to any actor below a certain height (say 8 ?)

@vinfamy - With respect, I'm looking at you on that last bit. ;)  If you'd like a hand, I'm here to help in any way I can.

Yeah, Four-Lei was based on a few version back. I'll wait for Doc's new version then make a new Four-Lei. Just been busy recently - 4000 words left on a university report, on law out of all subjects ironically enough

Yeah, Four-Lei was based on a few version back. I'll wait for Doc's new version then make a new Four-Lei. Just been busy recently - 4000 words left on a university report, on law out of all subjects ironically enough

Good luck @vinfamy, keep up the good work bud :)

Real life stuff is more important just disable the download of the mod and take your time to get the correct fix.

In the meantime just focus on the report :)

Well then you would be allowing bad people to just add child actors with no checks to stop them if you assume there are no children in the game or mods.

This isn't the first time this has happened, it happen in FONV, Skyrim, probably Oblivion. There is precedent on how to handle it to allow other mods to still work. A few days delay is nothing in a 4 year project that's just kicked off. let the guys get it done properly as to how they see fit, then we return to normal.

That's easy fixed. We leave the kids as is, and I create a new race based on Young Adults. The mod will not run unless the new race I made points to the kids race & replaces them. I (or someone) has to make a young adult race anyway, due to the fact that I am not happy taking kids into a combat zone. I'd much rather they be young adults.

Maybe Beth expects us to fix this, and that's why they never bothered?

???

That's easy fixed. We leave the kids as is, and I create a new race based on Young Adults. The mod will not run unless the new race I made points to the kids race & replaces them. I (or someone) has to make a young adult race anyway, due to the fact that I am not happy taking kids into a combat zone. I'd much rather they be young adults.

Maybe Beth expects us to fix this, and that's why they never bothered?

???

As you say it is easy to do, I've done it in the SInstitute alpha turning the 3 institute kids into 18yo's, it was less hassle than deleting them completely, which caused CTD somehow, but it also needed a lot of hacking out of quest dialogue too as their Parent/Child conversations made no sense.

If people want it bad enough someone will make a mod to do this, but they haven't.

So basically it can be done, but whether people want it done is up to the individual. I would avoid forcing people into any such change in a framework if at all possible.

As you say it is easy to do, I've done it in the SInstitute alpha turning the 3 institute kids into 18yo's, it was less hassle than deleting them completely, which caused CTD somehow, but it also needed a lot of hacking out of quest dialogue too as their Parent/Child conversations made no sense.

If people want it bad enough someone will make a mod to do this, but they haven't.

So basically it can be done, but whether people want it done is up to the individual. I would avoid forcing people into any such change in a framework if at all possible.

Easy to do but virtually impossible to do without causing a CTD-inducing conflict with some mod somewhere ...

Also, don't the DLCs have children? Changing them into adults would add hard dependencies to the DLCs, which should be avoided. 

It's a clever idea. I'm just guessing about conditions, but if the guess is right it could work.

The main difficulty I'm seeing is that casting the spell is going to be latent, so I'll need a retry loop with waits in-between to give the engine a chance to apply the spell. Which isn't a show-stopper, but it can be very slow.

I wonder if you can put conditions on what they seem to be calling a "data alias". Maybe I could use ApplyRefTo to stamp an actor with some factions (I'll need to do that anyway) and add condition it so that it wouldn't apply to child race or actors for whom IsChild evaluated true.

Using a quest to alias posible candidates and usign ability spells on aliases, would avoid the need for the casting. The spell would be applied almost instantly and you don't need to start the quest just the line before using the check (which may or may not be too soon), besides, probably you'll be using items added to player's inventory at some point, which could be used to start the quest via a "Player add item" SM event, sparing a function to start the quest.

Alternativelly, if the rest of the scripting and the scenes are part of the started quest, they would start only once everything is in place. Of course, if you want to have the quest always opened and assign aliases through ApplyRefTo, things changes, but just using the ability spell, faction, keyword or whichever other addon the quest puts on the actor for identifying it as child/non-child would be just a matter of applying the ApplyRefTo function a pair of lines before the "age check".