Skyrim and oblivion are rpg type games. Both have character creation and many body hair texture mods and armors to choose from. Skyrim has HDT which controls boob butt and belly bounce.

Indeed. :D I aware this and actively play with those games :).

Hi there!

I'm currently quite rpg mood and would to play one. Can you suggest me rpg games? :).

Character creation/customisation preferred.

Thanks for advance for anwers.

I can suggest you one... of the great RPG games. Not for gameplay... Not for good graphics, but for world with choices and good story.

Game is called Gothic. Its fantasy RAG, where you can play as warrior or mage (mage having some more types).

Story is great, but game is quite old. The best part is, that Gothic has additional two sequels.

Definitely check out Gothic I, II and III.

Of course, if you want something different then Skyrim all over (nothing against Skyrim. Great game. Great storyl

Hi there!

I'm currently quite rpg mood and would to play one. Can you suggest me rpg games? :).

I can suggest you one... of the great RPG games. Not for gameplay... Not for good graphics, but for world with choices and good story.

Game is called Gothic. Its fantasy RAG, where you can play as warrior or mage (mage having some more types).

Story is great, but game is quite old. The best part is, that Gothic has additional two sequels.

Of course, if you want something different then Skyrim all over (nothing against Skyrim. Great game. Great storyl

The same goes for the Dragon Age series 1, 2 and Inquisition, just with the difference, not as old and full of bugs as Gothic!  ;) 

Furthermore is Dragon Age Origins (1) very good moddable, there are a lot of mods for it.

For Dragon Age 2, there are also some, only in Inquisition are few.

The new mass effect is awesome, despite the hate. It has a lot of modern day advancements in it. You can be a dark skinned character, gay/lesbian etc. A lot of RPGs still haven't caught up with the time. Like Witcher 3 is the most racist game I ever played, but thats another topic. In any case, the new Mass Effect also...the story is awesome and such an awesome world(s) to explore. I'm super excited for release. I always loved the new Bioware when they advanced gaming with the new society of the western world.

It does have voice acting (english only, other languages sound better) problems though and animations are like watching twilight zone (in terms of how creepy they are). But I have to and will always support Bioware, if they don't go back to the dark ages of society.

Other games that are really good if you don't want sci-fi is another Bioware game. Dark Ages Inquisition is amazing, and very beautiful too. If you like MMOs but hate the multiplayer aspect of MMOs, DA:I is perfect. It has amazing voice acting, and great animation. Character models not as good as the new mass effect though.

Fallout 2 :P still my favourite by far. To be honest, I prefer the original without the restoration project.

Ahh yes good old fallout games.

Hi there!

The same goes for the Dragon Age series 1, 2 and Inquisition, just with the difference, not as old and full of bugs as Gothic!  ;) 

Furthermore is Dragon Age Origins (1) very good moddable, there are a lot of mods for it.

For Dragon Age 2, there are also some, only in Inquisition are few.

Dragon age series is good my favorite one is the Origins, but I played them all of them.

Hi there!

When I was young I played them, but not memeber that much of that.

The new mass effect is awesome, despite the hate. It has a lot of modern day advancements in it. You can be a dark skinned character, gay/lesbian etc. A lot of RPGs still haven't caught up with the time. Like Witcher 3 is the most racist game I ever played, but thats another topic. In any case, the new Mass Effect also...the story is awesome and such an awesome world(s) to explore. I'm super excited for release. I always loved the new Bioware when they advanced gaming with the new society of the western world.

It does have voice acting (english only, other languages sound better) problems though and animations are like watching twilight zone (in terms of how creepy they are). But I have to and will always support Bioware, if they don't go back to the dark ages of society.

Other games that are really good if you don't want sci-fi is another Bioware game. Dark Ages Inquisition is amazing, and very beautiful too. If you like MMOs but hate the multiplayer aspect of MMOs, DA:I is perfect. It has amazing voice acting, and great animation. Character models not as good as the new mass effect though.

I think I pass on Andromeda.

Yes I played with Da:I it was not bad but the mmo aspect pulled me off. Fetching side quest is not my favorite type of quest and grinding for story was not a good move. Story and lore was interesting and companions were good, but I hate grinding.

Thanks for suggestion everyone, but I guess I should look up some older rpg-s some crpgs.

If you want older rpgs: Nights of the old republic (best rog ever), it's sequel, Neverwinter nights and its sequel are awesome. These all have character customization. For a lot more suggestions pretty much got to gog and check the rpg section and read the user reviews which are a lot more competent(less retarded) than steam's reviews.

First of all, you you want proper rpg or just random game with xp bar?

Proper rpg :).

If you want older rpgs: Nights of the old republic (best rog ever), it's sequel, Neverwinter nights and its sequel are awesome. These all have character customization. For a lot more suggestions pretty much got to gog and check the rpg section and read the user reviews which are a lot more competent(less retarded) than steam's reviews.

Those one are good ones. I recently replayed both kotor games. Maybe I should play Neverwinter nights 1-2 both have good amount of modules. Character building is fun in dnd based rpg games.

Those one are good ones. I recently replayed both kotor games. Maybe I should play Neverwinter nights 1-2 both have good amount of modules. Character building is fun in dnd based rpg games.

NWN2 has an amazing expansion called Mask of the betrayer, it has a dark story which I really liked. Better than the main game imo.

NWN1's expansions aren't better than the main game but they are solid.

Great. Well.. some time ago some cretin called Diablo an rpg and the genre name is tainted since. The "role" was never about name of the class, stats or experience or leveling up. It's about finishing task with a character of certain set up, with own strong perks and weaknesses. 

So, long story short, I think the greatest game in genre is actually Neverwinter Nights 2. Yes. It's so great your available actions and dialogs with reflect your character skills. You can resolve quests differently in each playthrough if you'll pick up another class and skills.

Assuming we are ignoring old stuff, there are several great "proper" rpgs that popped out lately. I suggest to check out Tyranny    and Pillars of Eternity(they kinda similar with different setting),  Divinity: Original Sin  (and maybe Divinity: original sin 2.. I havn't tried it yet, it is still in early access) and Torment: Tides of Nu..something (only started this one.. spent 5 hours only). There was also Baldur's Gate re-release recenntly or something.

Hope you'll have fun with those.  :blush:

Okey, here's probably one of more unique games out there. Again... it isn't about graphics, rather story.

Try out Spellforce (first instalment with all DLCs), which is RPG game, with strategy gameplay and army management. This game offers you... A TON of classes, everything ranging from simple warrior, to mage with power over elements, nature, healing, dark magic and even mind games.

Or... warrior with magic? Archer with magic? Or warrior with rogueish skills?

Anything.

It's really awesome game. And, as more, it has several sequels, with Great story.

And it isn't enough, Spellforce 2 has also been released long time ago (also with 3 additional DLCs).

NWN2 has an amazing expansion called Mask of the betrayer, it has a dark story which I really liked. Better than the main game imo.

NWN1's expansions aren't better than the main game but they are solid.

Nwn2 is actually one of my favorites :).  While OC was not really liked that was fun too. Mysteries of Westgate was quite fun little pack. Storm of Zehir introduced party making wich got used by some modules. It has stuff on nexus.

Great. Well.. some time ago some cretin called Diablo an rpg and the genre name is tainted since. The "role" was never about name of the class, stats or experience or leveling up. It's about finishing task with a character of certain set up, with own strong perks and weaknesses. 

So, long story short, I think the greatest game in genre is actually Neverwinter Nights 2. Yes. It's so great your available actions and dialogs with reflect your character skills. You can resolve quests differently in each playthrough if you'll pick up another class and skills.

Assuming we are ignoring old stuff, there are several great "proper" rpgs that popped out lately. I suggest to check out Tyranny    and Pillars of Eternity(they kinda similar with different setting),  Divinity: Original Sin  (and maybe Divinity: original sin 2.. I havn't tried it yet, it is still in early access) and Torment: Tides of Nu..something (only started this one.. spent 5 hours only). There was also Baldur's Gate re-release recenntly or something.

Hope you'll have fun with those.  :blush:

I'm not said anything ignorig old stuffs :) they are good too.

I'm familiar with those games especially with the two Obsidian one.

Divinity combat is fun, but the story is not really interesting.

Torment:Tides of Numeria sounds interesting, but it has an predefined character. I'm not fan of that much, I like create my own characters.

What types of RPG ?? also space RPG ?? if so check out X-beyond the frontier series allows  you to build allot of stuff in space Latest build is X-Rebirth: http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebirth/info_en.php

X-Rebirth will not run on my rig, even if did fps would be not playeable.

Okey, here's probably one of more unique games out there. Again... it isn't about graphics, rather story.

Try out Spellforce (first instalment with all DLCs), which is RPG game, with strategy gameplay and army management. This game offers you... A TON of classes, everything ranging from simple warrior, to mage with power over elements, nature, healing, dark magic and even mind games.

Or... warrior with magic? Archer with magic? Or warrior with rogueish skills?

Anything.

It's really awesome game. And, as more, it has several sequels, with Great story.

And it isn't enough, Spellforce 2 has also been released long time ago (also with 3 additional DLCs).

Sounds interesting i might look into that.

Here are Spellforce 1 features:

-Customalization of character. All genders included, you can choose from faces available (as said... It's older game, so full Customalization isn't available)

-Game is classified as RTS (Real time strategy) and RPG. You can freely fight with your character in third version, or zoom out character to build your building and fortifications. And command your armies.

-Abilities as archetypes:

Light combat (focus on light weapons, lighter armor and speedy kills)

Heavy combat (durability over speed and higher damage)

Ranged (ranged atracks)

------- Elemental magic

Fire (burning effects and strong offensive spells)

Ice (slowing down enemies, medium damage and protective spells)

Earth (medium damage spells, with corrosive effects and stuns)

All elemental magic branches can summon elemental.

-------- White magic

Life (healing and strengthening)

Nature (animal control and curing poison/diseases)

Boons (strengthening allies, strong offense agains undead)

-------- Mind magic

Offense (strong mind attacks, hypnosis and berserker spells)

Defence (defensive spells, which stop enemies and drain mana)

Enchantment (spells, which dominate minds and trick enemies with illusions)

------- Black magic

Death (incredibly strong offensive spells)

Necromancy (control and summon undead. Drain life)

Curse (Weakening enemies)

-As hero, you can have up to five companions... also heroes with different specializations. But these heroes unfortunately don't level up. So they'll be replaced over time.

-Story is VERY VERY VERY VERY long, and even longer, when you have ALL the DLCs, which are quite dependent on each other

-You can control armies of this races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Orcs and trolls.

-Game includes also multiplayer, custom map creator (where you can literally create own map)

- Game includes voice acted dialogues

- Game includes free game more, where you can select a map and play as anyone you want.

- Free mode has it's own story, so once you finished main story, you can continue with new character.

- Game provides experience progress, levelling and stat management

- Without joke... Game itself is VERY challenging to play, even on lowest difficulty.

- Game includes semi-immortality, where if your hero died, than he can be again summoned to battle (if hero altar hasn't been destroyed)

- Ingame armies include everything from scouts to gigantic titans. With additional DLCs, swarm units and siege units are added.

- Once game is finished, player can continue story with Spellforce 2 (also includes several DLCs, which enhance gameplay and story)

- 88% user rating on steam. With price of 10 dollars. For full game and it's DLCs. http://store.steampowered.com/app/39540/ (I would recommend reading reviews below, on steam page)

(For 60 Euro, there's also every single Spellforce game, extras and designer features)

-Low computer requirements, which allow to run game on weaker computers.

- Multi language support.

Hope you'll try it out. It's worth it.

Here are Spellforce 1 features:

-Customalization of character. All genders included, you can choose from faces available (as said... It's older game, so full Customalization isn't available)

-Game is classified as RTS (Real time strategy) and RPG. You can freely fight with your character in third version, or zoom out character to build your building and fortifications. And command your armies.

-Abilities as archetypes:

Light combat (focus on light weapons, lighter armor and speedy kills)

Heavy combat (durability over speed and higher damage)

Ranged (ranged atracks)

------- Elemental magic

Fire (burning effects and strong offensive spells)

Ice (slowing down enemies, medium damage and protective spells)

Earth (medium damage spells, with corrosive effects and stuns)

All elemental magic branches can summon elemental.

-------- White magic

Life (healing and strengthening)

Nature (animal control and curing poison/diseases)

Boons (strengthening allies, strong offense agains undead)

-------- Mind magic

Offense (strong mind attacks, hypnosis and berserker spells)

Defence (defensive spells, which stop enemies and drain mana)

Enchantment (spells, which dominate minds and trick enemies with illusions)

------- Black magic

Death (incredibly strong offensive spells)

Necromancy (control and summon undead. Drain life)

Curse (Weakening enemies)

-As hero, you can have up to five companions... also heroes with different specializations. But these heroes unfortunately don't level up. So they'll be replaced over time.

-Story is VERY VERY VERY VERY long, and even longer, when you have ALL the DLCs, which are quite dependent on each other

-You can control armies of this races: Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Dark Elves, Orcs and trolls.

-Game includes also multiplayer, custom map creator (where you can literally create own map)

- Game includes voice acted dialogues

- Game includes free game more, where you can select a map and play as anyone you want.

- Free mode has it's own story, so once you finished main story, you can continue with new character.

- Game provides experience progress, levelling and stat management

- Without joke... Game itself is VERY challenging to play, even on lowest difficulty.

- Game includes semi-immortality, where if your hero died, than he can be again summoned to battle (if hero altar hasn't been destroyed)

- Ingame armies include everything from scouts to gigantic titans. With additional DLCs, swarm units and siege units are added.

- Once game is finished, player can continue story with Spellforce 2 (also includes several DLCs, which enhance gameplay and story)

- 88% user rating on steam. With price of 10 dollars. For full game and it's DLCs. http://store.steampowered.com/app/39540/ (I would recommend reading reviews below, on steam page)

(For 60 Euro, there's also every single Spellforce game, extras and designer features)

-Low computer requirements, which allow to run game on weaker computers.

- Multi language support.

Hope you'll try it out. It's worth it.

Thats one big list. :D

Sounds good to me. I think I will try if have a chance.

Thanks for suggestion.

IMO I think Morrowind was probably the best RPG ever. It allowed a lot of freedom but also a bit linear in its design. Bauldar Gate was also very well done as RPG.

I know these are old games but old games seem to offer a lot more role play than newer games.

IMO I think Morrowind was probably the best RPG ever. It allowed a lot of freedom but also a bit linear in its design. Bauldar Gate was also very well done as RPG.

I know these are old games but old games seem to offer a lot more role play than newer games.

When I removed fog in Morrowind, it forever ruined my enjoyment of the game. I played for 3 months super enjoying it, one of my friends gave me a bunch of graphics tweaks to make it look more modern...

and then I never could enjoy Morrowind again. If you ever removed the fog, you probably know why lol. But if you haven't, don't :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

because i a have an old rig,and Im a old man too,only old games. Baldurs GateI & II,Planescape Torment,the DSA Series (i think these games are called "Realms of Arcania in USA),Sacred and Diablo series,if you are more in Hack&Slay.