Simple Sadism & Masochism, a Combat Arousal Mod

3.1.1 Is out now, sorry for the delay everyone.

The thing is that is incredibly difficult to do without modifying base scripts for Sexlab and/or Sexlab Aroused to suppress orgasms everywhere else. Best case I just trap the players arousal at 100 with SLA's lock feature and disable it just before an maso/sado orgasm and then re lock it.

I personally don't desire that feature, but there is ONE way. Sexlab Separate Orgasm has a 'player allowed to orgasm' toggle in their MCM meant for other mods to toggle just for that kind of purpose.

I personally don't desire that feature, but there is ONE way. Sexlab Separate Orgasm has a 'player allowed to orgasm' toggle in their MCM meant for other mods to toggle just for that kind of purpose.

Oh sounds groovy if this could be integrated :)

3.1.1 Is out now, sorry for the delay everyone.

1st, dont be sorry when you're the one doing all the work ;)

And, does 3.1.1 includes orgasms or is it bugfixes only given the version number ?

Thanks!

Oh and an other suggestion (sorry if i'm being annoying with ideas :/ ): make a bonus for whips. So when a masochism is hit by a whip or a sadist hits with a whip they get much more arousal. So when my char is being punished in say, maria eden, she can orgasm from that ;)

1st, dont be sorry when you're the one doing all the work ;)

And, does 3.1.1 includes orgasms or is it bugfixes only given the version number ?

Thanks!

No this is just a bugfix, as the changelog on the OP shows.

Oh and an other suggestion (sorry if i'm being annoying with ideas :/ ): make a bonus for whips. So when a masochism is hit by a whip or a sadist hits with a whip they get much more arousal. So when my char is being punished in say, maria eden, she can orgasm from that ;)

If I can find a way to do that without hard dependencies on other mods I will include it in a future version.

Thank you for this mod and updates. I have a grab bag of features I thought would be nice, in case you're looking for ideas to add:

When orgasm at max arousal is implemented, allow it to cause weapon drop and stumbling

NPC chance of sado/maso to be split so each sex has its own chances and sliders

Ability to assign a third category that loses arousal when being struck. (Hedonist, Algophobe?)

Ability to grant effects based on current devious devices equipped. Eg collar -> masochism, etc.

An .ini file in which NPC comments can be added to be spoken when striking or struck and they are sadist/maso etc

Thank you for this mod and updates. I have a grab bag of features I thought would be nice, in case you're looking for ideas to add:

When orgasm at max arousal is implemented, allow it to cause weapon drop and stumbling

NPC chance of sado/maso to be split so each sex has its own chances and sliders

Ability to assign a third category that loses arousal when being struck. (Hedonist, Algophobe?)

Ability to grant effects based on current devious devices equipped. Eg collar -> masochism, etc.

An .ini file in which NPC comments can be added to be spoken when striking or struck and they are sadist/maso etc

In order:

I'll look into weapon drop and stumbling, I'm hesitant t add stumbling because I think there's already an animation that Sexlab plays when you trigger an orgasm, but I'm not sure

I intend to split it by faction soon too, at least some of the main ones

I'll look into that

This one is more complicated to do without adding hard dependencies but I'll look into it, I'm not super eager to have it automatically treat everyone in a collar as a masochist or anything like that though.

Do you know of any mod that doe that? Because I don't think you can do that from an ini file, but if you know a mod that does I'd love to be proven wrong.

Do you know of any mod that doe that? Because I don't think you can do that from an ini file, but if you know a mod that does I'd love to be proven wrong.

Edit 1: Hmm. Except the AddTopic doesn't let you actually define its contents, thinking about this one.

Edit 2: Can topics have their values set by SetString? Then the mod itself can set up some large number of blank dummy strings, and the .ini can use setstring to define them as per below.

There's something similar. Here are my thoughts - however, if it works, would it be worthwhile developing as its own framework for other mods to plug in to as well? I imagine some mod authors would want full control, but I bet there's a fair-sized audience of users that would want to change flavor texts and conversations now and then for certain things... and it would make translations more accessible.

1. The AddTopic command to add topics. (Assuming it still works from the last TES, I see the command is still in.)

2. The Say command.

3. Examine SexlabUtil to see how it gets commands from .ini files to work in game. I will paste its readme about custom files in spoiler below to give a faster idea of its capabilities. It can set factions, integers and strings, as well as send script events, in this manner, and a number of simpler things.

4. Use this principle to have an .ini file that adds topics and causes targets to say them. Presumably organized into .inis by alternate phrases for general topics or something of that nature.

5. Have the mod itself decide which NPC to run this process on, and when.

SexLabUtil1 (v0.17)

When modifying the Combat Update Frequency in MCM it seems to change the Normal Update Frequency instead.

I knew something was going to be wrong there, It's probably just a display error but I'll fix it ASAP.

Edit 1: Hmm. Except the AddTopic doesn't let you actually define its contents, thinking about this one.

Edit 2: Can topics have their values set by SetString? Then the mod itself can set up some large number of blank dummy strings, and the .ini can use setstring to define them as per below.

There's something similar. Here are my thoughts - however, if it works, would it be worthwhile developing as its own framework for other mods to plug in to as well? I imagine some mod authors would want full control, but I bet there's a fair-sized audience of users that would want to change flavor texts and conversations now and then for certain things... and it would make translations more accessible.

1. The AddTopic command to add topics. (Assuming it still works from the last TES, I see the command is still in.)

2. The Say command.

3. Examine SexlabUtil to see how it gets commands from .ini files to work in game. I will paste its readme about custom files in spoiler below to give a faster idea of its capabilities. It can set factions, integers and strings, as well as send script events, in this manner, and a number of simpler things.

4. Use this principle to have an .ini file that adds topics and causes targets to say them. Presumably organized into .inis by alternate phrases for general topics or something of that nature.

5. Have the mod itself decide which NPC to run this process on, and when.

SexLabUtil1 (v0.17)

I used to know how to grab settings from ini files off the top of my head but it's been a while, MCM's are just so much more convenient. I'll look into this though.

I used to know how to grab settings from ini files off the top of my head but it's been a while, MCM's are just so much more convenient. I'll look into this though.

If it's not too much work for a minor feature on a small mod. I know it's not a big thing, unless it could be applied to other mods, then it might be more worthwhile. On the other hand, I know how sometimes odd things and challenges pique one's interest, maybe just to see if it can be done, and if that makes things develop, too, I won't complain.

By the way, regarding stumbling, Milk mod economy's milking machines cause what seem to be real sexlab orgasms, but they don't interrupt the milking animation. I can't think of any other examples. Captured Dreams' orgasmo plug of course triggers animation with the orgasm, though there's the chicken and egg question.

• 4 weeks later...

As I play, I think the suggestion I'd posted earlier that would be of most use would be negative arousal per hit, even if it's just a slider change rather than a category.

I tend to accumulate a lot of mods that increase arousal or build up timerate so getting to lose some arousal from combat or whippings would actually be pretty welcome.

Anyway, doesn't Sexlab Aroused Redux just determine arousal from faction rank? Is it problematic to change that rank? I was thinking about doing a little tweak myself, but if that's complicated, nevermind.

As I play, I think the suggestion I'd posted earlier that would be of most use would be negative arousal per hit, even if it's just a slider change rather than a category.

I tend to accumulate a lot of mods that increase arousal or build up timerate so getting to lose some arousal from combat or whippings would actually be pretty welcome.

Anyway, doesn't Sexlab Aroused Redux just determine arousal from faction rank? Is it problematic to change that rank? I was thinking about doing a little tweak myself, but if that's complicated, nevermind.

I've actually been meaning to write a reply to this topic and a notification is jut the push I need.

I can do that (the negative arousal thing), I'll add it to the list of things for the next release, in addition to a few other features I still want to add.

It does use faction ranks, but there's much more complex code behind it than "increase rank by 1 every forty minutes" so, my guess would be it'd be problematic because the underlying logic doesn't really care that much what the current rank is except for updates, which only use it for a starting point, all change is based off the internal scripts.

Oh and I looked into the suggestions with the ini files and dialogue and all that. Not possibe. AddTopic doesn't actually work for comments because they're not handled the same way regular dialogue is and the AddTopic thing doesn't provide any way to modify that topic, and just dumps it into the top of the dialogue pool, meaning there are no conditions on it, which (detailed more on the wiki) causes it's own set of problems.

I can't seem to download the mod. Everytime I try, I just get redirected to the error page. Do you think you can put up a mirror?

That was actually a server issue, but I've reuploaded it so it should be fixed here, but Ashal is working on a site-wide fix for other files affected.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, netruss1964 said:

I really like the idea of this mod. You have done a pretty good job on implementation. I am having issue with sliders in the MCM not working right but I believe the mod is functioning just the same. Thank you and I really hope you get it polished up nice. It looks good so far!

Thank you!

What's not working in the MCM though? I can take a look at the code in the next day or two and get a fix pushed out pretty fast with a bit more info.

12 minutes ago, Feliks said:

Thank you!

What's not working in the MCM though? I can take a look at the code in the next day or two and get a fix pushed out pretty fast with a bit more info.

I downloaded it and used it just prior to sandbagging my game with MNC v11. I did not get something correct and have to rebuild before I can give more info. First page MCM I believe. Upper right slider for sadism I believe, value does not change. I will see what I see when it comes back up. Thank you.

I'm having issues with it as well.
When I adjust Masochism multiplier, it adjusts Sadism multiplier instead. THOUGH the change only reflects when I reload the MCM, like clicking on the sub-tab again, exiting and opening pause menu, etc.
Also it seems no matter what I do, Masochism builds up CRAZY fast. xD On the player specifically, mind.

Well I figured out what the MCM issue is. Typo on my part has them both affecting the Sadism scale. Oops. I'll fix that in the next 24 hours.

As for the Masochism building super fast hopefully being able to lower the scale will work, but it also does it's work kinda weird and indirectly because that's how SLA is set up so depending on how it's doing the math for that particular scenario it can build very quickly. If bandits get flagged as both they basically hit 100 immediately I've discovered.

I'll also be including a more refined tracelogging setup in the bugfix so that if you do enable it for whatever reason it won't become 90% of your log forever.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Sly9er said:

Hey,

I fixed the MCM issue for myself, and I guess it could be useful for you guys until Feliks release a patch. Hope he doesn't mind.

Includes only the corrected script and the source, overwrite the main mod with this. The MCM should work as intended.

Cheers,

SimpleMasochism_MCM_Fix.zip

I would just like to thank you for doing this if only because it jarred me into finally fixing that script myself and hopefully back into modding. Release will probably be in about an hour or two, I'm also optimizing a few calculations, this might result in slightly (and I do mean slightly) different results but should increase the speed. 

• 3 months later...

Just tried out the mod, and found a TON of papyrus log errors. It looks like a function is being called incorrectly, with only one parameter being passed while two are expected. The log spam is likely harmless, but I usually prefer my logs as clean as I can make it.