[CE][WIP] Conan Exiles - Skimpy Armors v 2.7 updated 17.08.2017

Chekist

When you think about it, it is very weird that as a society we are alright about seeing some one getting blended into a mush of blood and gore in media. However if we get a sex scene it becomes forbidden.

Well, in Germany it is more or less reversed. ;)

So, just to be clear, you have no intention of putting this on the Steam Workshop? I play on a server that would willingly add it, if it was on Steam, because then it would be easiest for people to install it. So, I'm hoping....

Nope. I can provide source files though if someone is willing to upload it to steam workshop and support it from there..

So, just to be clear, you have no intention of putting this on the Steam Workshop? I play on a server that would willingly add it, if it was on Steam, because then it would be easiest for people to install it. So, I'm hoping....

Nope. I can provide source files though if someone is willing to upload it to steam workshop and support it from there..

The Xbox guys are going to be clamoring to figure out a way to get your mod loaded, as Conan Exiles will not have nudity on Xbox.

Added source files for the mod (meshes and active folder) in the first post, so you can include meshes in your mod pack or even share them on steam workshop if you want to. I won't be providing any support on steam forums though...

• 3 weeks later...

[WIP] SKIMPY ARMORS AND CLOTHES v 0.5

screens:

priest.jpg

dancer.jpg

thrall.jpg

medium_leather.jpg

exile_light.jpg

darfari.jpgheavy.jpg

blackhand.jpg

Attention: this is work in progress, some meshes are not finished and have some issues.

I am not a 3D modelling expert, never really edited game meshes before (Done some animations for Lovers PK and SexoutNG and basic 3D models back in university like 10 years ago). So if you have any advices or suggestions, you are more than welcome to post in this thread or pm me.

I am planning to edit all the armors and clothes in the game, at least for female characters.

Also I will attempt to stick to Conan lore and common sense, for example, dancers, priests (Set, Derketo) are supposed to dress almost to no clothes and their clothing should be very revealing. Labourers, melee warriors with heavy armor are supposed to be more covered. Anyway, I will post as resource vanilla armores already rigged and weight painted to a nude body and skeleton structure ready to be imported into the game. So you should be able to edit meshes yourself according to your taste without much hussle, just vertices and triangles editing.

Technique I use to edit armors .

This mod comes in 2 variants: Skimpy Armors (Just armor replacers) and Skimpy Craftable armors (Armor replacers + a lot of faction and npcs only armors are added as crafting recipes).

Installation:

Choose your mod, you will need only one .pak file. 

Unpack and put .pak file into ../Steam/steamapps/common/Conan Exiles/ConanSandbox/Mods/

List of skimpy armors:

-Set Priest [skirt broken by update.Removed from mod until devkit is updated]

-Zamorian Dancer [done]

-Worker thrall [done]

-Studded leather [done]

-Exile Light Cloth [done]

-Heavy Plated Leather [done]

-Drafari Skin Vest [done]

-Blackhand Vest [clipping testing.unfinished]

List of craftable armors:

-Loin-cloth and chest wrap (underwear)

-Zamorian set

-Darfari set

-Dogs

-Shemite social

-Black Hand

Changelog:

0.5 Removed "recompute tangents" option from meshes, added Darfari skin vest, added Heavy Plated leather (T3), added Blackhand vest, reworked armors with new female upperbody mesh,

0.4 Removed Set Priest skirt (update changed textures for it, devkit assets were not updated yet). Fixed zamorian dancer. Added Studded Leather(T2) and Light Clothing (T1). Trying Recompute Tangents on meshes now in attempt to affect seams (thus size reduction of the file and longer load time first time you update the mod).

0.3 Zamorian dancer and Worker thrall armors added.

0.2 - Further reduction in seams, finished lower part of Set priest armor, reworked Upper part: added rings and attached chains to the nipples.

0.11 - Fixed lowerbody seam, and now have a slight neck seam. Fuck my life.. Cleaned up the rest of the clothing and adjusted armband.

0.1 - initial release.

Known issues:

-Slight seams.

To Do List:

-Work the rest of the armors

-Get the nvidia apex plugin and learn how to create apex clothing

-Get rid of seams

If you find any bugs or have suggestions, please post them in this thread. Also, I would like to know how the mesh behaves with different tones of skin.

Also, if you have any suggestions on how to get rid of those seams, please let me know.

Permissions:

You can do whatever you like with this mod.

I uploaded source files (fbx, maya meshes and active folder). So you can use those meshes in your mod pack or even if you are feeling brave, upload it to steam workshop. Just credit me if you feel like it. If not, no problem. I will update source files when I release the next version of the mod.

attachicon.gifSkimpyArmors-0.5.7z

attachicon.gifSkimpy Craftable Armors-0.5.7z

attachicon.gifSource-0.5.7z

Thank you for some great work and the tutorial is very helpful. I am an old modder who had been out of the seen for a very long period of time so I basically relearning a lot of skills and how to use the unreal engine 4 for Conan Exiles. I had imported your craftable version and it needs updated since version 22 came out for the game because they basically reworked the core functions of the game. I have been working for days to import your meshes to update and I cannot get it working in game. No idea for sure what is wrong. I can see it on develop screen and feat table, recipe table, and item table all show it once I create them but when I put them on my character it disappears and the hair comes off... any idea what is causing this? Any help would be of a great help.

Thank you for some great work and the tutorial is very helpful. I am an old modder who had been out of the seen for a very long period of time so I basically relearning a lot of skills and how to use the unreal engine 4 for Conan Exiles. I had imported your craftable version and it needs updated since version 22 came out for the game because they basically reworked the core functions of the game. I have been working for days to import your meshes to update and I cannot get it working in game. No idea for sure what is wrong. I can see it on develop screen and feat table, recipe table, and item table all show it once I create them but when I put them on my character it disappears and the hair comes off... any idea what is causing this? Any help would be of a great help.

I will take a look into this, haven't played Conan in weeks...

Cheklist, I followed your tutorial, your core files for the mod will not work with UE 4. You can not import a uesset file back into the engine. I basically reinstalled your .fbx files and attached to them to the M_human_skeleton that is in the game and then applied the LOD0 texture to them. They show up in viewport just fine but I cannot get them to show on character in game. Do I have to rewrite a blueprint for them also? Your original instructions become a bit vague on this. What is easier, making them craftable or just making them into recipes? Would love to chat with you on this as we have our own modding pages on Steam and we will gladly host them to Steam and give you plenty of credit.

Update: I figured out the issue. I was missing a table to make them creations in game. Once I made added the skeletal mesh to the Equipment Variation Table it was smooth sailing.

Looks like someone uploaded this to Steam Workshop but I don't see them giving any credit, Chekist.  Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=901334366&searchtext=

Seems they changed it.

It's ok. I don't insist on people crediting me :) It's totally up to them.

Yep and the mod on steam dont work but from Lovers lab it work perfekt 

Looks like someone uploaded this to Steam Workshop but I don't see them giving any credit, Chekist.  Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=901334366&searchtext=

Seems they changed it.

Keep in mind that in Thor Avengard's mod on steam, skimpy armors are not replacers for the vanilla armors like in my mod, you will need to craft them separetly.

Btw, found the alternative mesh for zamorian dancer that I forgot to include in source files (one boobed dancer) that I was going to include in 0.6.

one_boob.jpg

Updated the source files too.

attachicon.gifone_boob.7z

Thanks, I will add it to the mod, I am updating it this week and hopefully I will some new armors in the next month as I started to create my own. I need to change the stygian mesh too as the chain looks off kilter in game and I get constant complaints from people about it. :) By the way, I thank you again for your hard work and give you a lot of credit for the work. I guess CE is going to showcase it on their mods videos this week. If they ask I am giving you most of the props. I am just the messenger of someone elses work. if you ever want to create any models over the game meshes I will be glad to create the mod and post if for you.

Hey there! I´m really thankful for your work!

I used your mod for about two weeks now.

It´s absolutely great!

But:

You really need to update your work, since your crafting recipes seems too kill some vanilla recipes (the iron axe f.e. and glass the glass flask won´t show up)

Is there a possibility to get cupless bra/top and crotchless underwear/bottom set?

Maybe in May when I get a week off I'll work on some more meshes. Right now work and RL stuff are eating all of my time.

Hey there! I´m really thankful for your work!

I used your mod for about two weeks now.

It´s absolutely great!

But:

You really need to update your work, since your crafting recipes seems too kill some vanilla recipes (the iron axe f.e. and glass the glass flask won´t show up)

Yeah, I know and I eventually will update and continue my work when I get some free time. Right now the craftable mod is not working, I will remove it from the thread for now. For now there are multiple mods on steam that use skimpified armor meshes.

Thor Avengard made two variants of skimpy armor mod on Steam:

Craftable skimpy armors

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=901334366

Skimpy armors replacers

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904763682

They are fully working and updated.

Also, there is Shareih's Tribal Mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=879726721

Shareih is also working on fixing the seams in his/her mod.

• 1 month later...

Hey any further work on this mod or the fellow's on steam? Just asking and please pardon the necro... But totally love the idea of these mods :)

I've started reworking armors using Petro Poroshenko's body meshes, but ran into some issues with lowerbody (vagina weirdly deforming and glitching when I try to apply clothing physics). Also I'm running into a lot of issues when trying to make semi-transparent materials with alpha maps (materials glowing and emitting their own light in the nighttime). So kind of waiting on Petro Poroshenko to update his meshes. Besides that, I'm kind of out of ideas of how to improve the mod. I've done all the armors the don't require texture changes, the rest of the armors (dogs, blackhand, etc) would require a custom texture, a thing that I have no experience with.

The main issue for me is the time, I just don't have enough time to sit and learn new stuff right now..

At the moment, skimpy armors mod work fine and don't conflict with anything (except for slight seams and issues with setite outfit and maxed out breasts).

Last time I heard from Thor Avengard, he was working on a custom armor with full clothing physics.

That would kick ass I think, shortening the skirts. When work settles down I think I'll download the CE mod programs and try and figure some things out, too. Primarily I'd like to figure out how to have these armors optional with players being able to choose the recipe they want. But if I had the time I could find tutorials on the modeling import side.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived