What's the point on using ECE rather than Racemenu? (Question)

What do you prefer, ECE or Racemenu  

550 members have voted

1. 1. RM or ECE

I remember people prefered ECE because it has a Vertex edit option and because is easier to use, but Racemenu included vertex edit with sculpt mode (right?) and one being easier to use than the other is a bit of a silly reason (just get used to RM and it will become easy to use). Not only those reasons but also it seems ECE has stopped getting support, while RM still gets it.

Has ECE some real edge over RM?

(Please notice that I don't want to start a fan war, just want to know your opinion).

The reason?  Personal choice.  Also ECE has additional morphs courtesy of ECE Enhanced (different mod) which is not included in RM.

This is no different than,

"Why use UNP/UNPB/7B/Dream girl when there is CBBE and bodyslide?"

"Why use skimpy armor when full armor makes sense?"

"Why play a female instead of male?"

You get the idea.  Personal choice, personal preference for customizing a video game which has no real world impact.

personal i use RM, but i wanted to say cause of support - latest RM release 07.11.2015 ( version 3.4.5, personal using 3.4.4) and latest ECE release 25.06.2016 (version 1.4) and USLEEP support. but the CBBE/UUNP-bodyslide support is as far as i know only for RM released.

The reason?  Personal choice.  Also ECE has additional morphs courtesy of ECE Enhanced (different mod) which is not included in RM.

You get the idea.  Personal choice, personal preference for customizing a video game which has no real world impact.

I heard ECE is easier for creating anime-like characters, is that right?

Also, yes I know it's no different than these three questions, but that doesn't stop me from posting this.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this is the main reason ECE is still going instead of being superseded by RaceMenu. At least most of the anime-like characters or presets I've seen are stated to have been created with ECE, and if you look at the image setion in the ECE Nexus page itself, you'll see most of the characters shown have that disctinctive "anime-like" style as well.

I don't use ECE myself because I've always used RM and I don't like that character style (TBH I'm not interested in non-beast race characters at all, but if I have to go human I prefer "western-style" aesthetics or whetever you call them), but I can see why people that do like it would pick ECE over RaceMenu.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think this is the main reason ECE is still going instead of being superseded by RaceMenu. At least most of the anime-like characters or presets I've seen are stated to have been created with ECE, and if you look at the image setion in the ECE Nexus page itself, you'll see most of the characters shown have that disctinctive "anime-like" style as well.

I don't use ECE myself because I've always used RM and I don't like that character style (TBH I'm not interested in non-beast race characters at all, but if I have to go human I prefer "western-style" aesthetics or whetever you call them), but I can see why people that do like it would pick ECE over RaceMenu.

Yeah man, that's why I suspected that. You can see many "over-pimped" characters in RM's image tab, but all of them are western-style.

Also, ECE was created by a jap, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

And yeah, ECE doesn't support beast races anyway, which is bad for me since I play Argonian and orc a lot (don't play Khajiit that much though).

Also, yes I know it's no different than these three questions, but that doesn't stop me from posting this.

ECE does seem to be the preferred tool for making anime-ish characters, but it's not limited to just that.  All you need to do is look at the mods by rxkx22.  

post-64505-0-54194100-1485976055_thumb.jpg

His Bijin mods and followers were created with ECE and various texture and mesh replacers.

Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for UNP UNPB and SeveNBase by Zonzai and Seren4XX
Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for CBBE (Beta) by drunkenmojo
Fair Skin Complexion by HHaleyy
SG Female Textures and More by HelloSanta
SG Female Textures Renewal by Hello Santa 
SG Female Eyebrows by HelloSanta
Mature skin texture and body for UNP( B) 7BASE CBBE Vanilla by Maevan2
Enhanced Character Edit by tktk 
DIMONIZED UNP female body by dimon99 
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE- by Caliente
KS Hairdos - 265  by Kalilies Shocky and Stealthic Khaos
ApachiiSkyHair by Apachii
The Eyes Of Beauty by Gabriel Mailhot 
Tutorial Creating Standalone NPCs by Natilde 
HN66s Long Eye Lashes by humannature66
XCE - Warpaint and Dirt by Xenius
High Resolution Scars by Xenius
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible by navetsea
True Daughters of Skyrim by betterbecause
Better Makeup for SKSE by Diethardt
Hair packs of TES IV Oblivion for Female Only by Radioragae
Ethereal Elven Overhaul by nuska
Brows by Hvergelmir
Seductive Lips HD by EcthelionOtW
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU
Merge Plugins xEdit Script by matortheeternal
Sporty Sexy Map - Athletic muscle mod CBBE UNP UNPB ADEC by Xs2reality
Fitness Body by Svarog 
High Poly Hands and Feet for UNP bodies by Halofarm v1.0
Kijiko Hair by Kijiko and Goldiocks
High Quality Eyes by Xenius
Hair textures and meshes
Delphine hair fix by Zague77 and Teabag86

It all boils down to this, 'use what you like, it's your choice and not someone elses'.

ECE does seem to be the preferred tool for making anime-ish characters, but it's not limited to just that.  All you need to do is look at the mods by rxkx22.  

attachicon.gifBijin Warmaidens-Aela.jpg

His Bijin mods and followers were created with ECE and various texture and mesh replacers.

Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for UNP UNPB and SeveNBase by Zonzai and Seren4XX
Real Girls Realistic Body Texture for CBBE (Beta) by drunkenmojo
Fair Skin Complexion by HHaleyy
SG Female Textures and More by HelloSanta
SG Female Textures Renewal by Hello Santa 
SG Female Eyebrows by HelloSanta
Mature skin texture and body for UNP( B) 7BASE CBBE Vanilla by Maevan2
Enhanced Character Edit by tktk 
DIMONIZED UNP female body by dimon99 
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE- by Caliente
KS Hairdos - 265  by Kalilies Shocky and Stealthic Khaos
ApachiiSkyHair by Apachii
The Eyes Of Beauty by Gabriel Mailhot 
Tutorial Creating Standalone NPCs by Natilde 
HN66s Long Eye Lashes by humannature66
XCE - Warpaint and Dirt by Xenius
High Resolution Scars by Xenius
CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible by navetsea
True Daughters of Skyrim by betterbecause
Better Makeup for SKSE by Diethardt
Hair packs of TES IV Oblivion for Female Only by Radioragae
Ethereal Elven Overhaul by nuska
Brows by Hvergelmir
Seductive Lips HD by EcthelionOtW
TES5Edit by ElminsterAU
Merge Plugins xEdit Script by matortheeternal
Sporty Sexy Map - Athletic muscle mod CBBE UNP UNPB ADEC by Xs2reality
Fitness Body by Svarog 
High Poly Hands and Feet for UNP bodies by Halofarm v1.0
Kijiko Hair by Kijiko and Goldiocks
High Quality Eyes by Xenius
Hair textures and meshes
Delphine hair fix by Zague77 and Teabag86

It all boils down to this, 'use what you like, it's your choice and not someone elses'.

There are always exceptions of course, but I'll stick to RM (the overlays is something I can't live without, not to mention that ECE doesn't play nice with beast races).

I used ECE for a couple of years but then there was a period when the author went awol and I switched to RM, just as expired was really starting to stretch his legs. All the NiOverride stuff that came later; the morph integration with Bodyslide, the heels, bodygen - they were the coup de grace . 

When it comes to character creation it's whatever tool you've become most comfortable with using. People swear they can do a better job with ECE than they can with RM, and vice versa.

Just a little info - ECE doesn't have more morphs than RM does.

RM has all morphs of ECE integrated into it, including the base head shape (under the Head Shape slider).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35713/?

You mean these have been added to RM?

No, not those. But those are just 7 additional sliders, you can do most of them with the face sculpt as well.

The regular ECE/CME sliders are in RM.

RM has all morphs of ECE integrated into it, including the base head shape (under the Head Shape slider).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35713/?

You mean these have been added to RM?

No, not those. But those are just 7 additional sliders, you can do most of them with the face sculpt as well.

The regular ECE/CME sliders are in RM.

You can eliminate much of the sliders, whether ECE or RM, and just use the sculpt feature.

Racemenu I use for my character because I can easily make fixes, resize, face sculpt, import and export both facegens and complete builds, but ECE and add-on sliders shines best in its sophistication when it comes to creating follower facegens especially for petite characters with considerable attention to detail: make character, use the SPF command and save, open CK with CME and import the .NPC file, and you get a facegen that fits perfectly.

So both are great mods.

• 2 years later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:12 PM, ousnius said:

A bit late to the party, oh well. Just had to put my 2 cents in here, lol.

So basically you're wrong. ECE has CME sliders integrated, which also includes a hell of a lot of body sliders, which Racemenu doesn't have. It says they're going to integrate ECE sliders to Chargen soon-ish on the Racemenu SE Nexus page, but if these body sliders aren't integrated as well, then I'm definitely gonna stick with ECE.

3 hours ago, Oozaru85 said:

A bit late to the party, oh well. Just had to put my 2 cents in here, lol.

So basically you're wrong. ECE has CME sliders integrated, which also includes a hell of a lot of body sliders, which Racemenu doesn't have. It says they're going to integrate ECE sliders to Chargen soon-ish on the Racemenu SE Nexus page, but if these body sliders aren't integrated as well, then I'm definitely gonna stick with ECE.

With RaceMenu you have actual body morphs instead. With XPMSE's RaceMenu plugin you get the skeleton body sliders in a tab "Skeleton" in RaceMenu as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Having used both, I personally prefer ECE because I like to create attractive, realistic looking female characters... and I've been able to achieve a level of quality with ECE that I simply cannot come close to with RM.  I think the results speak for themselves.  Here's a sample of some of the characters I've created:

Spoiler

1634537019_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_04.13-06_22_05.jpg.9ab20f8048efec28ea7ff929761245a1.jpg

2063656717_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2018_04.07-11.jpg.c0da85e9ff9c670e0a43bb2aa8b10b61.jpg

648363499_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2018_04.17-01.jpg.13620e2e23a180a0018f783ad99b1c04.jpg

2139840368_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2018_09.15-09.jpg.a4b297148bc9f51ea90326083826646d.jpg

1658726103_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_03.30-17.jpg.bd030a0123769bd0fd424a3c93bbfd10.jpg

1058403106_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_04.13-05.jpg.102e3abba453569c2369e95f35370663.jpg

1601948699_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_04_21-01_21.jpg.896aa91279a4d37c5aec7fe9cd31d682.jpg

1451432808_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_04.13-10.jpg.90153d406fe8c0de5be6ffa1ca51b279.jpg

671289211_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2019_04.13-11.jpg.b4fccbd9a80a30ec686b7f464dd811aa.jpg

My advice: Use what you are comfortable with and what gives you the results you are looking to achieve.

• 8 months later...

There are additional body slider mods for RM on the Nexus. So at least that problem has been covered for me. BUT... RM is still missing some facial morphs from ECE, like outer and inner eye corners, upper and lower eye lid shape, more customization options for the nose,etc. You have to do all that manually via the sculpt tool. And with RMs broken symmetry in sculpt mode this can become a real hassle.

Of course, you can also install both (which I have done) and use ECE for fine tuning your RM character. Just make sure RM is loaded after ECE. If you want to edit your character with ECE, simply disable RM, make your changes, then enable RM again and voila. This works for me.

• 4 weeks later...