FO4 Clothing Conversions from Skyrim [WIP]

Hey there. First of all awesome mod :)

I have one problem with the outfit this and the black version. Its the SkyOutfit8White/Black. Can anyone tell me what did I wrong? The other outfits are fine.

SnyyRszg.jpg

Those are just glitchy. Not enough vertices in the original to prevent clipping. Try messing with the zap sliders.

Hey there. First of all awesome mod :)

I have one problem with the outfit this and the black version. Its the SkyOutfit8White/Black. Can anyone tell me what did I wrong? The other outfits are fine.

SnyyRszg.jpg

had the same problem. they just dont work for whatever reason and no amount of finagling in OS will help

I might be blind but i cant find the trunk with all the outfits..i have it working i can craft the clothing but i cant find it at red rocket at all

It's under two giant statues. If they are not appearing try installing the SkyScrap.esp on the first post.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is beyond wonderful!
Is there a list somewhere of all the FormIDs and EditorIDs of the constructable objects in this mod?
Or ... does anyone know how to export (to text file) or mass copy/paste ids using FO4Edit?
(This'll make it a ton easier for me to set up batch files, etc.)

Is there a list somewhere of all the FormIDs and EditorIDs of the constructable objects in this mod?

Or ... does anyone know how to export (to text file) or mass copy/paste ids using FO4Edit?

With FO4Edit. Look for FormID's under Armor section.

With FO4Edit. Look for FormID's under Armor section.

Yep and all IDs have Sky as a prefix. Should be easy to find.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this so much ><! but its causing CTD, it makes my fallout 4 unplayable~ T. T if anyone can resolve this please message me ^~^

Are you using the physics version? If so try using just the main file and install the Scrappable patch in the main post.

do I need to uninstall the non-physics version before installing the physics version?

The physics version requires the files from the main version.

I love this so much ><! but its causing CTD, it makes my fallout 4 unplayable~ T. T if anyone can resolve this please message me ^~^

Are you using the physics version? If so try using just the main file and install the Scrappable patch in the main post.

do I need to uninstall the non-physics version before installing the physics version?

The physics version requires the files from the main version.

Oh no im using regular version~ it does crash lots for me when i have it on usually when fast travelling to certain locations< > im so sad that i cannot use ~! please do bother me if you find solution ^~^  

I'm also getting CTDs around the Red Rocket, running only CBBE and the no physics version. I'll try playing some more to see if I run into any other reproducible CTDs elsewhere.

Edit: If I have this mod enabled, along with everything else, avoiding the Red Rocket still crashes the game. If I have only this mod and CBBE, it does not.

Double Edit:It seems like it has issues with a save that included "GRASSLANDS - A Fallout 4 Grass Overhaul": https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11267 
If I start a new save that never included Grasslands, everything is good. If I include a save that ever included Grasslands I run into CTDs.

some wonderful job there! but i think this is more fun if those armors are divided into several parts that can be equipped as an individual item. its kinda too much to ask.. but ill help, just need the right tutorials.. and i guess it will make these mods allot more interesting.. :D

That would be nice but there's simply too many outfits to have individual pieces organized properly. However anyone with a basic knowledge of outfit studio can combine outfits any of the outfits as much as they like! Then you can just override one of the Sky outfits to use it in game.

agreed, too many outfits.. xD 

btw, how do you make materials for the outfit? can you send a link on how to make materials pls.. 

some wonderful job there! but i think this is more fun if those armors are divided into several parts that can be equipped as an individual item. its kinda too much to ask.. but ill help, just need the right tutorials.. and i guess it will make these mods allot more interesting.. :D

That would be nice but there's simply too many outfits to have individual pieces organized properly. However anyone with a basic knowledge of outfit studio can combine outfits any of the outfits as much as they like! Then you can just override one of the Sky outfits to use it in game.

btw, how do you make materials for the outfit? can you send a link on how to make materials pls.. 

Just copy one of them and you can use it for everything. You just need to change texture paths and adjust values if necessarry (like adding glow maps or alpha channel).

So when you open a materials file, go Material section at top and choose texture paths. Diffuse Textures have _d.dds and Normal Textures have _n.dds at the end of the file name.

Then of course you need to link these material files with meshes. You can use Outfit Studio (easier) or Nifskope for it.

Last you need to link those meshes with .esp file in FO4Edit or Creation Kit.

Just copy one of them and you can use it for everything. You just need to change texture paths and adjust values if necessarry (like adding glow maps or alpha channel).

So when you open a materials file, go Material section at top and choose texture paths. Diffuse Textures have _d.dds and Normal Textures have _n.dds at the end of the file name.

Then of course you need to link these material files with meshes. You can use Outfit Studio (easier) or Nifskope for it.

okay, so lets say, i want some material for this certain piece of mesh, you are saying that i can copy any material file from another armor mod?

then just re assign the texture files i want to put on it? will it map on the mesh accordingly? if not so, how would i re map it?

well, the rest of the steps im already familliar, like re assinging the material to the mesh.

thanks alot. :D going to give this a try.. will do post some screens after.

and sorry for the confusing english.. its not my native language.. x.x

okay, so lets say, i want some material for this certain piece of mesh, you are saying that i can copy any material file from another armor mod?

then just re assign the texture files i want to put on it? will it map on the mesh accordingly? if not so, how would i re map it?

well, the rest of the steps im already familliar, like re assinging the material to the mesh.

thanks alot. :D going to give this a try.. will do post some screens after.

and sorry for the confusing english.. its not my native language.. x.x

Forget about copying materials. Found a better way. Open Material Editor, go File and select New. This will give you an untouched brand new material file :3

Yes, when you assign textures mesh file will see those textures. Just think the material file as a bridge via mesh and textures.

You're welcome :3

So many conversions.  Someone has been busy.  =)

As a side note, I've been trying to convert some of my old Skyrim conversions to Fallout for some time now for personal use, but I keep running into same problem: converting the hand/glove meshes.

Mind if I ask which software you're using to make these conversions?

( From the look of the quantity of conversions, I'm guessing that you're using the Outfit Studio as it allows to make fast conversions, but that tool makes it almost impossible to convert hand/glove meshes )

Thanks.

I've been trying to convert some of my old Skyrim conversions to Fallout for some time now, but I'm having trouble converting the glove/hand meshes.

So many conversions. Someone has been busy. =)

As a side note, I've been trying to convert some of my old Skyrim conversions to Fallout for some time now for personal use, but I keep running into same problem: converting the hand/glove meshes.

Mind if I ask which software you're using to make these conversions?

( From the look of the quantity of conversions, I'm guessing that you're using the Outfit Studio as it allows to make fast conversions, but that tool makes it almost impossible to convert hand/glove meshes )

Thanks.

I've been trying to convert some of my old Skyrim conversions to Fallout for some time now, but I'm having trouble converting the glove/hand meshes.

Yeah the gloves are a no go. I've tried converting them before. Spent hours on it in blender. Closest I got to making it work was on my nexus mod. But yea there's no easy way to do it. Even the hard ways of doing it are beyond tedious. It'd probably be easier to build it from scratch.