[2018 April 17 - Horse Riding Animations + Fix][Skyrim SE] Tera Elin Race

Uninstall the Elin CBBE/UNP body mod.

Leave the CBBE body for non-Elin races.

Run your game and check that the non-Elin races are using the correct CBBE body and the Elins are using the default Elin body (non-CBBE/non-UNP).

Create a new save (not overwrite an existing save) then exit.

Install the Elin CBBE/UNP body mod.

Make sure the associated plugin is activated and below any other Elin mods.

When creating the CBBE Elin body with bodyslide, click and hold the CTRL key as you mouse-click on the bodyslide BUILD button.  This will force bodyslide to save the new meshes in the bodyslide folder and not the game asset folder.

Move the CBBE Elin body meshes to the 2chelin BBP Body Fix folder.

14 hours ago, rb888 said:

Ok lol they should be lol later

Not really.  If you want an adult Elin then try Tera Elin 2.  There are no SSE version available at this time but, someone had mentioned it worked fine when he tried it.  I have yet to test this myself.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:40 AM, PsychoMachina said:

Uninstall the Elin CBBE/UNP body mod.

Leave the CBBE body for non-Elin races.

Run your game and check that the non-Elin races are using the correct CBBE body and the Elins are using the default Elin body (non-CBBE/non-UNP).

Create a new save (not overwrite an existing save) then exit.

Install the Elin CBBE/UNP body mod.

Make sure the associated plugin is activated and below any other Elin mods.

When creating the CBBE Elin body with bodyslide, click and hold the CTRL key as you mouse-click on the bodyslide BUILD button.  This will force bodyslide to save the new meshes in the bodyslide folder and not the game asset folder.

Move the CBBE Elin body meshes to the 2chelin BBP Body Fix folder.

It doesn't work.

What's worse is that even uninstalling the cbbe replacer does not change she using a replacer..i know, somehow, and yes i've checked and the bbp folder is completely gone yet she is using a replacer, from where? i don't know, but she is, so this is blocking me from trying your steps..tried with that but even so nothing changed so i suppose i have to get rid of that.

And there's other rising problem which is the fact nothing shows up on CBBE morph menu, it's not relevant to the subject but it's angering me so much, i've done a morphed body i've reinstalled racemenu i've activated the morph esp yet not a single race has the sliders in the morph menu.

I think i'm going to go crazy with this mod, i'm everyday troubleshooting this and there isn't ever a end to it because nothing in this mod ever works and there hasn't been a update on stability since 2017 i really want use this mod and i can't play without it but it's like 80% completely unworking compared to the LE version and i can tell you most times it's not because of me making a dumb mistake with other mods or modlist hence why i'm saying here or else i wouldn't be feeling like this.

What body replacer is she still using?  Does it look like this?

ScreenShot6.jpg.ae75f1083dfd93486ba3dd5d7f4feea3.jpg.a2d89cf1a4793c8ec8559486cd5ffa5e.jpg

If it does, that is the default body which is installed with the main race files.

If it's another body, CBBE or UNP, then you are having issues with another mod because uninstalling the CBBE/UNP Elin body replacer mod will NOT make them continue using those bodies.

1 hour ago, Icarus- said:

It doesn't work.

What's worse is that even uninstalling the cbbe replacer does not change she using a replacer..i know, somehow, and yes i've checked and the bbp folder is completely gone yet she is using a replacer, from where? i don't know, but she is, so this is blocking me from trying your steps..tried with that but even so nothing changed so i suppose i have to get rid of that.

And there's other rising problem which is the fact nothing shows up on CBBE morph menu, it's not relevant to the subject but it's angering me so much, i've done a morphed body i've reinstalled racemenu i've activated the morph esp yet not a single race has the sliders in the morph menu.

I think i'm going to go crazy with this mod, i'm everyday troubleshooting this and there isn't ever a end to it because nothing in this mod ever works and there hasn't been a update on stability since 2017 i really want use this mod and i can't play without it but it's like 80% completely unworking compared to the LE version and i can tell you most times it's not because of me making a dumb mistake with other mods or modlist hence why i'm saying here or else i wouldn't be feeling like this.

I would say you problem is NOT the Elins.  Seriously, check whatever other mods you have installed and/or your game.  Are you having the same problems if you started a new game?  Have a look at ALL of the mods you have installed or at least verify whether the problem is your game saves by starting a new game (without reusing those saves).

1 hour ago, PsychoMachina said:

What body replacer is she still using?  Does it look like this?

ScreenShot6.jpg.ae75f1083dfd93486ba3dd5d7f4feea3.jpg.a2d89cf1a4793c8ec8559486cd5ffa5e.jpg

If it does, that is the default body which is installed with the main race files.

If it's another body, CBBE or UNP, then you are having issues with another mod because uninstalling the CBBE/UNP Elin body replacer mod will NOT make them continue using those bodies.

I would say you problem is NOT the Elins.  Seriously, check whatever other mods you have installed and/or your game.  Are you having the same problems if you started a new game?  Have a look at ALL of the mods you have installed or at least verify whether the problem is your game saves by starting a new game (without reusing those saves).

No, it's using the body i generated even when i uninstall the replacer, how is this possible i wonder..i have no idea, i aleadry checked 100% for the removal of the replacer folders yet they are gone but it's like the elin body still uses, i even uninstalled cbbe and reinstalled all elin mods then only left elin main and yet somehow it's pulling from somewhere..i don't know where, you could say it's using something to keep using the normal body files from character assets folder but i have no idea it's really bizarre, i checked too for duplicates of the female body files somewhere hidden in data but nothing like the normal ones so it's nothing external im blind of it's something occult or a big glitch, i'll keep trying i guess..

The worst part is that the people that made cbbe or bodyslider can't help me cause i scream in their discord and they either don't know or dont answer me, it's the worst i tell you.

Meanwhile just fix the npc heads i guess..whatever you can.

10 minutes ago, Icarus- said:

No, it's using the body i generated even when i uninstall the replacer, how is this possible i wonder..i have no idea, i aleadry checked 100% for the removal of the replacer folders yet they are gone but it's like the elin body still uses, i even uninstalled cbbe and reinstalled all elin mods then only left elin main and yet somehow it's pulling from somewhere..i don't know where, you could say it's using something to keep using the normal body files from character assets folder but i have no idea it's really bizarre, i checked too for duplicates of the female body files somewhere hidden in data but nothing like the normal ones so it's nothing external im blind of it's something occult or a big glitch, i'll keep trying i guess..

The worst part is that the people that made cbbe or bodyslider can't help me cause i scream in their discord and they either don't know or dont answer me, it's the worst i tell you.

Meanwhile just fix the npc heads i guess..whatever you can.

Ok, with the info you provided I can only conclude it's the mod manager you are using.

If you are using MO or MO2 then check the OVERWRITE folder, the body replacer files might be in there and MO/MO2 is still adding them to your game.  If you are using NMM or Vortex, maybe its loading a backup not entirely sure because I don't use those managers.

18 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

Ok, with the info you provided I can only conclude it's the mod manager you are using.

If you are using MO or MO2 then check the OVERWRITE folder, the body replacer files might be in there and MO/MO2 is still adding them to your game.  If you are using NMM or Vortex, maybe its loading a backup not entirely sure because I don't use those managers.

I'm using Vortex, on what i know so far about vortex it stores individual folders for every mod installed using the  files and folders as sort of a base,these files are virtually stored in the skyrim se data folder but they really take space in vortex, then whenever you load skyrim it loads all files from all folders that are loaded.

hopefully my explanation hasnt been too hard to understand.

but summarizing the skyrim folder and the vortex folders are the only places where the files can exist, and ive aleadry removed every ''femalebody_0.nif'' and ''femalebody_1.nif'' from my skyrim folders and vortex folders (aside follower mods that have one for each) but it seems it still uses a body from somewhere.

The creators of cbbe always ignore my messages so i can't tell if theres something or a file that bodyslide generates to make all outfits work as in..creating a artificial body file for all outfits, get it? cause if there is that would be likely the culprit but it's just me making theories.

if i don't have any femalebody nif file on my pc technically no character in skyrim would have bodies but they do so i fear its some file from bodyslide but i dont know what!

2 hours ago, PsychoMachina said:

@Icarus-

Now I'm curious.  If you are able to fix your problem(s) with the body replacer, I would like to know if the mismatched head tint/shading happens to also get fixed.  Do the different problems share some common problem?

uh..i haven't fixed yet so probably not, but ill tell you if it keeps mismatched after i fix it

The next step is to do a thorough search of your harddrive for the 'femalebody' files.  You can use Windows native search feature or use a third-party app.

I use UltraSearch.  It's faster than Windows own search feature and it also comes as a portable app.

https://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch/

Download link is near the bottom of the page.  For the portable version, select the ZIP option from the drop-down list.

Run the app and do a search for "Femalebody", "Femalebody_1", or "Femalebody_0" in the drive the mods and Skyrim is installed.  If you get any results, they may be the culprits.  If not, could be Vortex is somehow causing the problem.

44 minutes ago, PsychoMachina said:

The next step is to do a thorough search of your harddrive for the 'femalebody' files.  You can use Windows native search feature or use a third-party app.

I use UltraSearch.  It's faster than Windows own search feature and it also comes as a portable app.

https://www.jam-software.com/ultrasearch/

Download link is near the bottom of the page.  For the portable version, select the ZIP option from the drop-down list.

Run the app and do a search for "Femalebody", "Femalebody_1", or "Femalebody_0" in the drive the mods and Skyrim is installed.  If you get any results, they may be the culprits.  If not, could be Vortex is somehow causing the problem.

okay, i finally fixed it, as i thought it was bodyslide, but uninstalling bodyslide didn't do the trick alone i had to also uninstall the vanilla outfits replacers i was using to do some domino effect on my files through vortex.

Now..i only did this because you told me that (or rather didn't counter me saying it was impossible):

-It's possible for the elins to have custom proportions (not share the same proportion with every female in skyrim)

And maybe..also these proportions work with custom slider outfits? 

This is confusing to explain, so imagine there is a slider replacer to the dragonborn armor, is it possible to have a vanilla race and elin race wear the same armor in the same game and still keep their proper proportions while wearing it? Cause from what i seen there's just one set of files for each armor and from what i learned from fixing the problem just now it seems the generated armor meshes are just set to one body proportion.

Unless there's some magic i don't know about..i've talked with a mod about this but i don't know if this is the case (if you tell me its not possible) but i'll keep a picture sticked about what they said to me.

So anyways, just give me a tutorial please, and a detailed one so i do everything correctly, i have to install cbbe, bodyslider and then generate batches of all slider replacers for the vanilla races again, so i want to know how to do this the right way so elin stays with their own proportions and i don't screw up by somehow making them use the meshes for vanilla races.

Screenshot_2305.png

• 2 months later...

@PsychoMachina

Still nothing on that stable update that were going fix things such as npc head skin and add Serana/Lakeview Extended NPCs Back? pretty please?

If it's also not a bother could you also add a modification that changes Miraak to be a elin and have this head appearance? (ears, tail too)  http://prntscr.com/oeizga, and for voice use this mod's https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6835

I also have 2 ideas for new elin followers but im not with the pictures at the moment but ill post them soon.

I think the skin mismatch things for npcs would fix if you let the npcs have cbbe bodies too?

Can you just please do something? at least my npcs requests?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440983219660259348/599745461229977600/unknown.png

Also i noticed there is a mapping issue in skin thats causing those little low res squares in red square and weird choppy borders from fire reflection in blue square, could you have a look? someone told me in the cbbe server thatthe elin cbbe replacer body textures may be too low-res, need be 2048x2048 or more instead of 1024x1024 which is lower than vanilla.

If you don't want work at least give me a price and i'll pay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, Icarus- said:

@PsychoMachina

Still nothing on that stable update that were going fix things such as npc head skin and add Serana/Lakeview Extended NPCs Back? pretty please?

If it's also not a bother could you also add a modification that changes Miraak to be a elin and have this head appearance? (ears, tail too)  http://prntscr.com/oeizga, and for voice use this mod's https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6835

I also have 2 ideas for new elin followers but im not with the pictures at the moment but ill post them soon.

I think the skin mismatch things for npcs would fix if you let the npcs have cbbe bodies too?

Can you just please do something? at least my npcs requests?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440983219660259348/599745461229977600/unknown.png

Also i noticed there is a mapping issue in skin thats causing those little low res squares in red square and weird choppy borders from fire reflection in blue square, could you have a look? someone told me in the cbbe server thatthe elin cbbe replacer body textures may be too low-res, need be 2048x2048 or more instead of 1024x1024 which is lower than vanilla.

If you don't want work at least give me a price and i'll pay.

I haven't done anything for the last 2-3 months.  Been busy paying the bills and falling short on many occasions, was without internet service for a month so that kind of paints a clear picture of my situation.

As soon as I can get back on my feet I'll be able to spend time on the fixes and updates so please be patient.

The blocky artifacts on the skin is due to low-res textures.  Try swapping the original textures with a higher-res version especially the normal map.  There will still be a mismatch with the head textures but, the blocky artifacts should go away.

• 3 weeks later...

So for anyone who wants to use these animations the simple method is to use PCEA2. 

HOW TO INSTALL/LOAD THE ANIMATIONS

1. install PCEA2. seriously do it otherwise the rest doesnt work
2. you will need to find the pcea2 animations folder in this directory Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes\actors\character\animations\FNIS_PCEA2
3. make 2 new folders and name them something simple like Elin_Animations_"gender". "gender" can be replaced with male/female
4. now your going to need to figure out what other folder/s you want to delete as PCEA2 can only read up to 10 folders note the number.
5. edit the new folder/s and add the number that you delete. THEY CANT BOTH BE THE SAME
6. run FNIS with HKX files enabled just to be safe "im not sure if its needed so you can try it without it to see"
7. go in game and find FNIS PCEA2 in the MCM menu and toggle the "what ever you named the folder"
8. profit from the animations
9. note that no one else has those animations and feel super special or disappointed that your the only one using them.
10. wait till Mod maker fixes the animations for all

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:47 PM, PsychoMachina said:

I haven't done anything for the last 2-3 months.  Been busy paying the bills and falling short on many occasions, was without internet service for a month so that kind of paints a clear picture of my situation.

As soon as I can get back on my feet I'll be able to spend time on the fixes and updates so please be patient.

The blocky artifacts on the skin is due to low-res textures.  Try swapping the original textures with a higher-res version especially the normal map.  There will still be a mismatch with the head textures but, the blocky artifacts should go away.

Well i'll be waiting, what you mean by higher-res version? you mean the ones by cbbe itself?

And i was wondering if you could help me out in adding elf ears as a additional customization in character editor so i can have them in my elin? these ones in specific: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13173/ , pretty please!

• 1 month later...

Absolutely love the mod though I’m having issues getting the body mesh that I wish to use. I downloaded the CBBT version and ticked the demonic skin type but once in game, it doesn’t show. It continues to show the basic undies mesh... idk what I’m doing wrong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright so I have done some detective work. While messing around with the elin animations, I found out what was causing the T-Pose bug, as well as FNIS not recognizing the files correctly. It would seem that the 0_master.hkt behavior file is the one that is causing the t-posing, though I don't know the detail since I am not a modder. As for FNIS not recognizing the animation files, just move the contents of the PCEA folder up one level, so that the female and male folders are in \Meshes\Actors\Character\Animations Outright. You can use that as a temporary fix for now.