[mod] Noxbestia's Darkest Perversions

¿CK2Plus Question?

Perhaps my first game was unlucky, but I got the impression from CK2Plus that it actively tries to make women barren.  A search of the code showed several places where the game has a high percentage chance of making a woman barren or infertile.  For those who have played it a lot, is this a common occurrence?

EDIT: And suicide!  I have gone into a test-game save file and twice resurrected a suicide character who suicided again 1 year later.  Since this is a special event-generated character that shouldn't have anything making them want to suicide, I want to figure out why so that my event generated characters don't keel off before their event chains are done.

I don't have that much experience with CK2+ so can't specifically answer your questions, but I will say that even the regular CK2 seems to want to kill off special event characters. Almost every time when I get Alice and the Queen of Hearts, for example, they die off within a few years in one way or another.

Makes me wonder if the game has some internal trigger to kill mod-generated characters or something. It's a conspiracy! ^_^

im normal making them immortal with Sketechy's or silverbrus cheat mods

I'd rather know _why_ it is happening than do that.  I did discover the character in question has been assigned a -100 AI rationality, but I haven't yet figured out why or even where it is coming from.

I don't have that much experience with CK2+ so can't specifically answer your questions, but I will say that even the regular CK2 seems to want to kill off special event characters. Almost every time when I get Alice and the Queen of Hearts, for example, they die off within a few years in one way or another.

Makes me wonder if the game has some internal trigger to kill mod-generated characters or something. It's a conspiracy! ^_^

You know... I was specifically targeting CK2Plus, but it could be a CK2 basic issue... hmmmm.... but I don't recall it in my other test games in regular CK2 and AGOT.  I definitely need to pay more attention to it.

I am playing only with Ck2plus and I have to say that you are right. Special characters gain very often combination of depressed, stressed and drunkard traits if you don't take care about them. They have also infertile childrens more often then other characters. (My experience are from characters generated by DW: Mercenary Commander sub. mod

How are things coming along Nox?

I have my basic in-heat mechanics working.  When not in-heat, the first test female has around a -220% fertility.  In heat she goes to around 68%.  I don't have the "hunting for seed" mechanics quite working right so she isn't getting impregnated right and left as expected.  Being in heat currently has an insane penalty on learning (-6) that will probably get nerfed down a bit.

The mod kicks off with a major jump in population that I am not sure if I will keep or not.  As it sits, every playable ruler gets two new courtiers generated 7 days after the game starts, and one of those two is pregnant.  But there are a lot of balance things I haven't decided on, so that could change.  And since I am in a testing phase, I have a lot of the balance stuff turned off and chances are at 100% so I can see if stuff is working or not.

I have a lot of the custom localisation in place so all the basic jobs (but martial) are renamed to something insulting or offensive since Nightwolf culture only sees value in martial skill.  I was experimenting with using tiny erotic pictures in place of castle/city/temple graphics.  It works... just not sure what i think of my choices of images yet.

The first few tests of the NIght Wolf invasion were a bit disappointed, so the initial 160-ish invasion characters all have the ambitious trait added.  I haven't run a game for more than a few months since that change so I don't yet know if it was enough.

I also added a trait to distinguish between Night Wolf as a race and as a culture.  I had regular humans getting their massive bonus/penalties and that was just wrong.  So now I have cultural modifiers from culture, racial modifiers added by trait, and then further adjustments if you happen to have the "blood_of_the_firstwolf" trait (regardless of your race).

I thought I had a few screen caps of some of this stuff but I'm not sure where I put them, so that will have to wait for a future update.

Breeding Like Rabbits?

Some NPCs get the "always_in_heat" and/or "always_in_rut" flags.  These characters spew out the children!  Wow!  In my first successful in-heat with pregnancy test, all of the approximately 1,024 "always_in_heat" NPCs were popping a kid out every 10 months.  In 4 years, there were over 13,000 characters with the "blood_of_the_firstwolf" trait.  Now a percentage of them were dead, but still, that was a lot of breeding!  Even for _me_ this was too many characters.  So I did some research into real-world breeding rates.  Yikes!

######################################################################
#                      Noxie's Breeding Trivia:                      #
#                                                                    #
# Dogs: In theory, a female can have up to three litters in a year   #
#       with an average litter size of seven puppies. One female and #
#       her babies can theoretically create 67,000 puppies in six    #
#       years.                                                       #
# Rabbits: A female can have 1-14 babies in a litter starting at     #
#          only six months old. Rabbits can become pregnant within   #
#          ***MINUTES*** after birth. As their gestation period is   #
#          about one month, one female could hypothetically give     #
#          birth 12 times in one year, though the mating season is   #
#          typically the springtime.                                 #
#          Based on the approximate seven-year life span of a rabbit,#
#          one female and her offspring could lead to nearly 185     #
#          billion rabbits in seven years.                           #
######################################################################

I know a lot of people (presumably with older computers) are concerned with save file bloat and performance and so on.  Combining that with the fact that my breeding numbers even shocked me and seemed too high, I decided to:

1. Tweak the system down a bit and make the default MTTH 364 days instead of 84 days for a normal character with in-heat mechanics, and 121 days instead of 28 days for an always_in_heat character.
  2. Add a RNG to decrease the number of the world-spanning initial seed of young pregnant futa night wolves who actually get the "always_in_heat" flag.
  3. Add game rules that set the breeding speed.  Current settings give the following "normal" in-heat and "always_in_heat" scripted breeding MTTH numbers (in days):
    1. "rabbit" =    91 / 30
    2. "high"   =   182 / 60
    3. "medium" =   365 / 121
    4. "slow"   =   728 / 242
    5. "rare"   = 1,456 / 485
  4. I am also considering changing the initial seed from "any playable ruler" (everyone count and above) to "any independent ruler" but I want to see how the first three changes do first.

As far as "required" new mechanics go, I think I am nearing completion of my night wolves.  I still need to create mechanics for the inter-species breeding rates and results.  I need events that will generate replacement betas, omegas, and witch doctors for rulers of a pack.  Finally (I think), I need to add a "challenge the alpha" decision and resolution system.  I haven't played as a non-adult night wolf yet, so I may need to add more mechanics for that, but we'll see. 

Another mechanic I have taken advantage of is the seldom-used "on_siege_over_loc_chars" on_action trigger.  If you have ever had rebels kill your family when they sack your primary holding, you have been privileged to have experienced this mechanic.  But for Night Wolves, killing isn't what is on their mind, not what happens when they win a siege.  :P  For some reason the pregnancies from the gang-rapes aren't happening, so I need to dig a little deeper into it and find out what I missed.

A word of caution: right now NDPA does not yet have or support my age rule system or my kink system and rules.  Instead it heavily modifies the defines for allowable ages.  This is not a permanent state of affairs, but moving the rules from "Darkest Perversions" to "Darkest Perversions Alone" and making sure they are compatible with everything is for a bit further down in the project.  Right now you all deserve some good new, working content complete with graphics, sound, and event text and that is what I aim to deliver.  I am planning for there to be sex scenes for the in-heat system that will have variants for human, anthro, and quadrupedal (sentient and non-sentient) partners.  There _may_ be a preview release once I have all the mechanics in place even if the events and graphics aren't all ready, but I can't say yet.  It all depends on how I am feeling about what I don't have done at that point.

As for tested compatibility, everything in NDPA is currently working with CK2, CK2Plus, and AGOT.  In a un-modded CK2 game, my mod does not generate anything in the error.log until you hit same-sex pregnancies and then it is just a warning.  :)

Testing with vanilla CK2 reminded me of just how sparse CK2 events and options are for when you are stuck as a kid.  At least Dark World werewolves had hunting events to liven things up.  Darkest Perversions has the one "Wolf Mother?" event chain but even those aren't enough (for me) to make being stuck as a kid bearable.  As time goes on, I will be trying to think of some (clean) short new events for all ages of childhood and pepper those in when I can.  Hopefully most of them won't require any special mechanics and can just be written and tossed in whenever inspiration hits me.

Two New Childhood Focus Options

Like my sainted mum used to say, "Get 'em young, and the possibilities are endless." -- Bart.  You will soon be able to start your young children on the path of whispers with two new childhood education options.  I'm not thrilled about the icons I have for them, but they'll do until I find or make better ones.  :)

post-850739-0-80565600-1508895307_thumb.png

Whats the other option?

I did have a couple of ideas for the second one.  One idea was "perversion" but that precludes people who would rather not change the (not-yet-reimplemented) age rules to something that young.  The better idea was "manipulation," but I'll have to figure out a new button idea for that one.  I didn't like the grateful dead bear for perversion anyway.  The raccoon for "sneaking" will do, with a bit of touch up to the edge of the "activated" frame so it doesn't ahve that white border.

The original text for "perversion" was: 

[This.GetTitledFirstName] spends [This.GetHerHis] days freely playing, but [This.GetHerHis] nights are spent learning the ways of pleasuring the flesh, titillating the senses, and increasing the flexibility of their own bodies and morals.  Common trait outcomes for this Focus are §YTBD§! and §YTBD§!.

I have not yet written the text for "manipulation."

The probably most interesting change from the actual changelog would be this:

- Added unsafe_impregnate and unsafe_impregnate_cuckoo effects. These can impregnate someone who is already pregnant, while the two old effects are no longer able to do so

The probably most interesting change from the actual changelog would be this:

- Added unsafe_impregnate and unsafe_impregnate_cuckoo effects. These can impregnate someone who is already pregnant, while the two old effects are no longer able to do so

I had a talk with one of the devs about it.  I was worried that it might break my male/male pregnancies but it won't.  As for multi-preg, I've had that for a long time.  I'll just need to change all my code form impregnate to unsafe_impregnate for it to still work.  :)

I'm more looking forward to usable variables.  There are so many things that I had to kludge to get them to somewhat work that now can be done "properly" and actually function as I envision them.  Even now as I code I hit things that will work better with variables.

Making progress Nox?

Not as much as I would like.  I needed a bit of a break and stopped coding for a few days, but I should be returning to it today.  

Before my break, I did get a bunch of new traits (which need icons) added to go with the new childhood education options, but without events to distribute them they are sorta useless.

I still have not decided on how I want to handle challenging the alpha since it will be an AI doing so most of the time time.

I also need to write an event that pops us when a character dies since pack inheritance skips the whole death screen and more than once I found myself playing someone else without realize when the death had happened.

I also need to write events to add a replacement witch doctor and events to generate betas and omegas when you have no viable candidates for the position.  That happens surprisingly often in early games.

As we are now on the 2 week countdown to the next DLC and upgrade, my mind keeps going to what I _will_ be able to do rather than what I can do now.  Makes it a bit difficult, but I will try to keep going.  I'd love to have this out before the new DLC since I know I'll be playing with it in ironman mode when it first comes out.

Just a little thing I noticed, while playing the preview:

When you take the decision for the breeding ritual as female, you most certainly die due to the multiple bad pregnancies. This happens with almost all playable "races" just by accumulation.

Sincerly

When you take the decision for the breeding ritual as female, you most certainly die due to the multiple bad pregnancies. This happens with almost all playable "races" just by accumulation.

Sincerly

I'll look into that.  It definitely isn't balanced and tested yet.  Do you have hentai rules turned on or off?  If on, you should survive.

Some Old Rules Needed

With a heavy sigh, I just finished writing some very difficult censored and uncensored scenes for the (hopefully) extremely rare eventuality that you end up playing as an ultra-young alpha.  This came on the tail of having written some potentially raunchy scenes for accepting a new omega into the pack.  So, before I can put NDPA up I feel that I have to, at minimum, import the watersports, scat, and age rules into NDPA and make sure they function.

This isn't the first time that I have written scenes that make me uncomfortable going back over them after they have been written.  Some of the hardcore scenes I have written in other situations can nearly turn my stomach, but they aren't near as bad as reading over some of the grief & betrayal scenes I have written for some stories.

Sincerly

I'll look into that.  It definitely isn't balanced and tested yet.  Do you have hentai rules turned on or off?  If on, you should survive.

I played with partial hentai rules, and tested it with different species. Some of them died sooner, others later, but almost all died. And there was no proper deth screen, but this you already mentioned to be buggy in some way.

Sincerly

I can't wait for Jade Dragon to be finally released. Developers said that jade Dragon is going to have far better performance.

So even if rabbit breeding is present, game would be at least little more stable.

Plus with little amount of game-changing features they're adding, it will be a great year to play CK2.

I cant wait for stable mods, great performance and finally some progress in many of my favorite mods.

And clearly bug fixes and modding optimisation will make Jade Dragon very good addition to a collection.

(Although bug fixes and mod optimisation is probably a free feature)

Challenging the Alpha

Currently I am still working on the challenging the alpha mechanics, coming up with the triggering conditions and events.  I have decided on a simple "conflict resolution system" for now with some randomness but mostly based on martial skill and personal combat scores.  In the future I might replace it with something more robust, but that is beyond the scope of what I want/need right now.

My initial assumption was that the player was always the pack alpha and the one being challenged.  The more I thought, the more it seemed like the "clan" mechanics from Horse Lords would be better, but that would take a lot of work to try to adapt.  Right now, I am continuing as if the player is the only once challenged.  As of right now, I haven't decided what happens if a player loses, but I don't want it to be an immediate game over.