Epic Video Game Music

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It took me quite a while to go through this post - and the feeling of Nostalgia is strong with this one. I thank all those whom referenced old PC games I played and almost forgot about.

It goes to show the magic people can produce with only 12 half steps of frequency, similar to the magic others can make with a 1 and a 0.

I include this offering from Titan Quest. One of the things I realized about this game was the journey took the PC through different lands, allowing the composers to have fun creating music influenced by many cultures.

41 minutes ago, landess said:

It took me quite a while to go through this post - and the feeling of Nostalgia is strong with this one. I thank all those whom referenced old PC games I played and almost forgot about.

It goes to show the magic people can produce with only 12 half steps of frequency, similar to the magic others can make with a 1 and a 0.

I include this offering from Titan Quest. One of the things I realized about this game was the journey took the PC through different lands, allowing the composers to have fun creating music influenced by many cultures.

The hands using the tools are definitely more important than the tools used themselves much of the time though having better tools allows more skilled hands to draw out even more potential.

• 1 month later...

Nearly any track from Final Fight CD would qualify but none more so than Battle in Westside.

Then again, Metro City Slums is nothing to be trifled with either. They all would qualify like I said before but I don't want to post the whole soundtrack here.

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ToJKa said:

[...]

Funny how literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title was "there's gotta be some Ace Combat music in there", only to find out it was indeed the most recent post, lol.

I'll just go ahead and post two of my favorites:

This last one was actually added past the game's deadline, because they "wanted to give people goosebumps and make them cry" with a proper song, and once it was done they also decided to tweak the dialogue and the mission flow so it would go in sync with the music for greater effect. Oooh boy, did they succeed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

EDIT: Well Square-Enix is going after FF7 soundtrack with a vengeance, so the musics linked were Fires of Resistance idle and battle, and the full Airbuster boss music.

They really nailed the music in FF7 remake. This was the one that made the biggest impression. Might've been because of the setting, though.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, couldn't someone just make an infinite loop of 5:03 - 5:50 part ?

Spoiler