Nice mod, really like the danger element to the basic crafting and harvesting.. but.. HOLY HECK the amount of time the effects last for! There needs to be a slider for duration, you can't have 40 hours of "0" Crafting and "0" Combat Skills. That's my only gripe with this mod, otherwise it's not a 2/10 it's a 9/10

2 hours ago, Dojo_dude said:

Nice mod, really like the danger element to the basic crafting and harvesting.. but.. HOLY HECK the amount of time the effects last for! There needs to be a slider for duration, you can't have 40 hours of "0" Crafting and "0" Combat Skills. That's my only gripe with this mod, otherwise it's not a 2/10 it's a 9/10

Glad you like it :smile:

Spoiler

I'm not sure if you had realised but the effects last for game hours not real hours, so if you find a safe place you can just rest up till you feel better. 

Also plant allergy effects accumulate - so if you get hit with the same effect again whilst you are already affected the duration gets extended

• 1 month later...

Hi,

since the last update I had some strange issues on 2 new games I started with FMEA and other mods.

After some time for whatever reason I got fined as soon as a guard saw me.

Which basically kept me in an indefinite loop.

Guards see me, fine me the fine from the enchantment plugin -> put me in prison (sometines even fine me there) -> get released -> fine ->prison etc etc

I could workaround this by disabling the enchantment plugin of FMEA

Not sure whether it's an issue with this mod or another mod that interferes though.

Meantime I removed the mod for my recent game. WIll give it another try a bit later and see if I can reprodcue the issue and collect some logs.

What would you need me to collect/enable in order to be helpful?

10 hours ago, myrrdhin said:

Hi,

since the last update I had some strange issues on 2 new games I started with FMEA and other mods.

After some time for whatever reason I got fined as soon as a guard saw me.

Which basically kept me in an indefinite loop.

Guards see me, fine me the fine from the enchantment plugin -> put me in prison (sometines even fine me there) -> get released -> fine ->prison etc etc

I could workaround this by disabling the enchantment plugin of FMEA

Not sure whether it's an issue with this mod or another mod that interferes though.

Meantime I removed the mod for my recent game. WIll give it another try a bit later and see if I can reprodcue the issue and collect some logs.

What would you need me to collect/enable in order to be helpful?

Hi,

Haven't come across any other reports of this issue so a log from when it happens would indeed be really useful. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I know other people have mentioned this, on this very page, in fact, but dear God, the fact that the penalties are both incredibly severe AND last for days is a serious issue. While yes, in theory it's possible to wait somewhere for them to wear off on their own, when using a mod like Realistic Needs or Frostfall that's often not an option. Please make the range either a slider, or at least list some console commands to set the minimum and maximum duration. Being nearly blind with no combat abilities sucks, but trying to wait it out and ending up nearly blind with no combat abilities, starving, dehydrated and hypothermic? That's nigh on unplayable levels of bad. Anyway, concept's good, execution is mostly good, balance isn't the best, but it's not beyond saving. 7.8/10, not enough sliders.

Keep up the good work.

I think I disagree with the difficulty feeling :classic_blush: I play FF+RND and others and on top of them FMEA is the perfect tool for me to rebalance the game in it's current setting.

My PC has solid alchemical knowledge. Yet, I am still forced to treat each mixture as a risk :thumbsup: Yes, it's difficult to play, but I think that's exactly the reason WHY I play this mod.

I understand my desire for obstacles no everybody's liking. So, to pick up the idea for that slider thing:

Would it be possible AND make sense to use the general Skyrim dificulty slider as a "preset" in FMEA?

If not - then we still could use an FMEA slider to change the severity of effects in a similar fashion? Like my example in the blinded effect

• novice - randomly 3h-6h
  • apprentice - randomly 6h-18h
  • adept - default as it is now
  • expert - minimum set somewhere and otherwise default x1,5
  • master - default x2
  • legendarfy - default x3
11 hours ago, worik said:

I think I disagree with the difficulty feeling :classic_blush: I play FF+RND and others and on top of them FMEA is the perfect tool for me to rebalance the game in it's current setting.

My PC has solid alchemical knowledge. Yet, I am still forced to treat each mixture as a risk :thumbsup: Yes, it's difficult to play, but I think that's exactly the reason WHY I play this mod.

I understand my desire for obstacles no everybody's liking. So, to pick up the idea for that slider thing:

Would it be possible AND make sense to use the general Skyrim dificulty slider as a "preset" in FMEA?

If not - then we still could use an FMEA slider to change the severity of effects in a similar fashion? Like my example in the blinded effect

• novice - randomly 3h-6h
  • apprentice - randomly 6h-18h
  • adept - default as it is now
  • expert - minimum set somewhere and otherwise default x1,5
  • master - default x2
  • legendarfy - default x3

Well indeed - I guess the moral of the story is don't mix potions in an unsafe environment unless you are happy to deal with the consequences - that is after all kind of the whole point of FMEA.

The difficulty levels idea is interesting - I'll give it some thought.

For those who don't know and without giving away any big spoilers there is one completely immersive way to deal with Alchemical fumes in your eyes. 

Alternatively the fumes event can be disabled or you can switch off the visual effects in the MCM, finally - if your game is really that broken by FMEA effects there is also an instant remove all effects option on the system page. :smile:

I've got a strange issue with enchanting in my current game.

Whenever my character leaves the enchanting interface the table becomes unstable and one of the random consequences assail me.

Even just entering and leaving the enchanting interface will trigger it, no need to actually enchant something.

21 minutes ago, Sceadugengan said:

I've got a strange issue with enchanting in my current game.

Whenever my character leaves the enchanting interface the table becomes unstable and one of the random consequences assail me.

Even just entering and leaving the enchanting interface will trigger it, no need to actually enchant something.

Hmmm - have you already tried disabling enchanting in the MCM, exiting the MCM, then going back in and enabling again? If that doesn't change anything then a script log from when it happens would be the next option.

18 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Hmmm - have you already tried disabling enchanting in the MCM, exiting the MCM, then going back in and enabling again? If that doesn't change anything then a script log from when it happens would be the next option.

Disabling and reenabling doesn't change it.

I've attached my Papyrus.log.

Maybe I should tell you this isn't a save game I'm serious about.

I'm still in the process of making adjustments for my next game like installing mods, making patches, playing a bit to see what works and what needs fixes, etc.

As a result I'm sometimes a bit ruthless with terminating or deleting active scripts using ReSaver and PDTWrapper, though I don't remember having done something to FMEA's scripts.

Could something like this happen, when I remove unattached instances?

Papyrus.0.log

15 minutes ago, Sceadugengan said:

Disabling and reenabling doesn't change it.

I've attached my Papyrus.log.

Maybe I should tell you this isn't a save game I'm serious about.

I'm still in the process of making adjustments for my next game like installing mods, making patches, playing a bit to see what works and what needs fixes, etc.

As a result I'm sometimes a bit ruthless with terminating or deleting active scripts using ReSaver and PDTWrapper, though I don't remember having done something to FMEA's scripts.

Could something like this happen, when I remove unattached instances?

Papyrus.0.log

These log entries show that FMEA has been affected by changes:

Spoiler

[04/25/2018 - 07:04:29PM] warning: Function fmea_ingredientplayeraliasscript..OnObjectEquipped in stack frame 0 in stack 5081313 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[04/25/2018 - 07:04:29PM] warning: Function fmea_ingredientsscript..OnEquipIngredient in stack frame 1 in stack 5081313 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save

Since I'm not getting lots of reports of this problem I have to assume that you are right and it is probably linked to changing and patching mods in the game.  

As you are happy to do this in your test you could shut FMEA down and then uninstall, clean save and try again to see what happens. The key log for diagnosing this would be the one in which FMEA is reinstalled and inits for the first time as this will show if anything breaks at that point.

I went and tried your suggestion... but now I've got a really annoying problem here.

I'd merged FMEA with other mods using Merge Plugins.

To uninstall it I'll have to redo the merge, but it turns out Merge Plugins got new bugs since the last time I used it.

Whatever I do it messes up the loadorder and it seems even Merge Plugin's author has abandoned his creation (I read now he has fixed the problem, but I still get a messed up load order).

Rant end.

Clearly not your fault, but this is going to take some time :x

Don't hold your breath till you get the results D:

3 hours ago, Sceadugengan said:

I've now reinstalled FMEA and attached the log, in which it was initialized.

Papyrus.0.log

Edit:

After reinstalling the mod the problem doesn't appear anymore.

It isn't currently merged with other stuff, though.

Glad it's working :smile:

The log has a bunch of errors in it but none related to FMEA which appears to have registered and initialised OK.

idea/s:

• unconsciousness has a chance to wake up in a cage behind an auction block (simple slavery outcome) with random probabilities for direct enslavement waking collared to a master or mistress (sd outcome)
  • a "failed" potion could result in the "accidental" crafting of a cursed collar around the alchemist's neck(deviously cursed loot outcome)
1 hour ago, Seeker999 said:

Can this be safely updated from 1.38 to 1.39? Or does it require a clean save?

FMEA is designed to support in-game updates safely - if you want to be extra sure, check you have no active FMEA effects before you update (if you do you can either play on till they are gone or use the MCM "Reset FMEA Player State" option to remove them) and all should be fine.

22 hours ago, CliftonJD said:

idea/s:

• unconsciousness has a chance to wake up in a cage behind an auction block (simple slavery outcome) with random probabilities for direct enslavement waking collared to a master or mistress (sd outcome)
  • a "failed" potion could result in the "accidental" crafting of a cursed collar around the alchemist's neck(deviously cursed loot outcome)

Simple Slavery is already a potential outcome, not sure about a failed potion - but a failed enchant... Interesting...

On 4/30/2018 at 12:49 PM, Bane Master said:

Simple Slavery is already a potential outcome, not sure about a failed potion - but a failed enchant... Interesting...

ok, hadn't had a chance to try it yet. the concept idea behind it looks great and i've added it to my list...vaguely think i might have added it during your initial startup stages, but you hadn't added much into it yet at the time

• 1 month later...

Has anyone used this with Requiem? So far most of the modules seem to work (I've tested lockpicking and alchemy, briefly) but the ingredients module doesn't seem to work, likely due to Requiem messing around with flower picking. Even with sliders maxed, the contact effects never happen nor are the names of unknown ingredients replaced. This is on a new game, with FMEA as close to the bottom of my load list as possible (even have it loading after every Requiem module).

1 hour ago, volanthh said:

Has anyone used this with Requiem? So far most of the modules seem to work (I've tested lockpicking and alchemy, briefly) but the ingredients module doesn't seem to work, likely due to Requiem messing around with flower picking. Even with sliders maxed, the contact effects never happen nor are the names of unknown ingredients replaced. This is on a new game, with FMEA as close to the bottom of my load list as possible (even have it loading after every Requiem module).

I've never used requiem but if it changes the harvestables it will Prevent FMEA's ingredient module from working as the plugin relies on built in lists of the Vanilla and DLC harvestables to rename/block and process ingredient harvesting.

All the other plugins should be fine...

1 hour ago, Bane Master said:

I've never used requiem but if it changes the harvestables it will Prevent FMEA's ingredient module from working as the plugin relies on built in lists of the Vanilla and DLC harvestables to rename/block and process ingredient harvesting.

All the other plugins should be fine...

That's what I thought and that does seem to be the case. Wish I could disable that part of Requiem. All it does with the harvesting is give you more than 1 of the item, best I can tell at least. Guess it did some trickery with the lists in the process.