Glad you are enjoying it - most things are tweakable but i'm afraid I have no skills with ImageSpace Modifiers so they are pretty much what I could find in the game. If you come up with anything that you think is an improvement and are happy to share let me know. Wouldn't be much work to add a choice of options to the MCM for that visual effect.

Collateral tentacle hits are certainly another option that could be added - I implemented them in Deviously Enchanted Chests so it wouldn't be too hard to port that over.

Spriggan effect is looking for Sanguine's Debauchery Enhanced

Cool =)

I will play around with it a few days.  i always tweak something whenever I crash or log out... so if I come across an imagespace setting that looks good, I'll save it as an override so you can have a look at it yourself.  

Ok well I threw together something I am happy with... could it be better?  probably...

but this imagespace is a little bit more playable.   Instead of a complete blur and double vision effect I did the following

- added a very short and very rough intro sequence to simulate eye adaptation.

- desaturated the world to give the impression of difficulty in vision (colors will be washed out for the duration)

- gave a small motion and radial blur (hawkeye) effect that allows you to see just enough to keep playing.. but still a big nuisance, since you only have a very small focal point of clear vision.  But it is very playable.. at least to get around.  I would try to avoid darker areas though. If it seems too much still, you can always tone it down.. but I find it to be a lot more playable.  You can see just enough.

YMMV if radial blur is disabled in your game.  Not sure if that will effect this imagespace.

I should also note that I am using an ENB, so I am not sure how it would look in a vanilla setup.

I've created the adaptation as an override so you can see what I changed compared to the original..in case you want to tweak it.

This is intended as a donation toward bane masters project, but if anyone else wishes to use this for their own personal use, you can save yourself a plugin slot by copying the settings into FMEA.  Just make sure to back up your originals.  Also don't bug BaneMaster about this particular modification unless he choses to incorporate it into the mod =p

If you want to give it a spin for the benefit of providing feedback to bane master or myself.. feel free.

-------------------------

This attached image space modification is for FMEA by Bane Master of Loverslab

It has been modified by Lodakai at lovers lab and is intended to be donated to Bane Master for his FMEA project. 
All rights of use (beyond personal), and redistribution or incorporation into FMEA are under the purview of BaneMaster at lovers lab.

FMEA KAI BLIND EFFECT.7z

Ok well I threw together something I am happy with... could it be better?  probably...

but this imagespace is a little bit more playable.   Instead of a complete blur and double vision effect I did the following

- added a very short and very rough intro sequence to simulate eye adaptation.

- desaturated the world to give the impression of difficulty in vision (colors will be washed out for the duration)

- gave a small motion and radial blur (hawkeye) effect that allows you to see just enough to keep playing.. but still a big nuisance, since you only have a very small focal point of clear vision.  But it is very playable.. at least to get around.  I would try to avoid darker areas though. If it seems too much still, you can always tone it down.. but I find it to be a lot more playable.  You can see just enough.

YMMV if radial blur is disabled in your game.  Not sure if that will effect this imagespace.

I should also note that I am using an ENB, so I am not sure how it would look in a vanilla setup.

I've created the adaptation as an override so you can see what I changed compared to the original..in case you want to tweak it.

This is intended as a donation toward bane masters project, but if anyone else wishes to use this for their own personal use, you can save yourself a plugin slot by copying the settings into FMEA.  Just make sure to back up your originals.  Also don't bug BaneMaster about this particular modification unless he choses to incorporate it into the mod =p

If you want to give it a spin for the benefit of providing feedback to bane master or myself.. feel free.

-------------------------

This attached image space modification is for FMEA by Bane Master of Loverslab

It has been modified by Lodakai at lovers lab and is intended to be donated to Bane Master for his FMEA project. 
All rights of use (beyond personal), and redistribution or incorporation into FMEA are under the purview of BaneMaster at lovers lab.

Many thanks for your donating your time and  work I'll take a look :) - at the very least it should be possible to add it as an mcm option alongside the original blur effect at the next update.

As Lodakai says if anyone wants to give it a try and feedback that would be great too.

Many thanks for your donating your time and  work I'll take a look :) - at the very least it should be possible to add it as an mcm option alongside the original blur effect at the next update.

As Lodakai says if anyone wants to give it a try and feedback that would be great too.

It's really nothing.  I should be thanking you for all the effort you put into this.   It's great so far... got sacks full of rubble..   only 2 things I want to change.

1)  I noticed the float on the duration of visual impairment was (.48/4) x 100 or something like that. so 48 hours on the max?  =0   I changed that with xedit to be a 1-6 hours instead.    If you ever revisit the code, maybe a slider or maybe an option for short medium and long duration to make it easier to code would be useful.

2) During alchemy on the magical explosion, I get assaulted just fine..  but the females are using male anims on meeee ><    what tag is it looking for.  It might be something I changed with defeat tag suppression that might be making that happen.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what tags it is using so I can use SLATE to filter some out. 

Not a bug but a problem, that needs to be investigated:

You made a switch to pickup fumbled items. I didn´t look were you put those picked items, BUT if you are in trouble during a fight and loose your dual wield daggers (I´m a pretty good succubus assassin having just a small problem with mining and therefore numb hands) and you have to use another weapon picked from your belt, let´s say a small shiv or something like that, your container will be deleted and again my damned cool extra mega shiny asskicking daggers are gone.

*looking for an extra big crying smiley and found only this* :blink::(

To be honest: The switch is a great idea. It would be nice to have all weapons back. Even on pressing a quickequip button from SkyUI the first pair of weapon should be back after the fight. To be in the story: They would just lay around to be picked in the bunch of dead bodies.

Just thinking: I should really learn how to use CK with Mod Manager. To fix everthing with xedit (TESedit) is not the right way, and in this case it doesn´t work, or does it?... hmmm...

Regards

Rogwar

Just thinking: I should really learn how to use CK with Mod Manager. To fix everthing with xedit (TESedit) is not the right way, and in this case it doesn´t work, or does it?... hmmm...

Regards

Rogwar

Xedit is pretty effective unless you want to change and export script or nif files, or place items in the world.  Ideally you want to create your own patch override so you don't mess with the original file, unless you need the plugin slots.

Not a bug but a problem, that needs to be investigated:

You made a switch to pickup fumbled items. I didn´t look were you put those picked items, BUT if you are in trouble during a fight and loose your dual wield daggers (I´m a pretty good succubus assassin having just a small problem with mining and therefore numb hands) and you have to use another weapon picked from your belt, let´s say a small shiv or something like that, your container will be deleted and again my damned cool extra mega shiny asskicking daggers are gone.

*looking for an extra big crying smiley and found only this* :blink::(

To be honest: The switch is a great idea. It would be nice to have all weapons back. Even on pressing a quickequip button from SkyUI the first pair of weapon should be back after the fight. To be in the story: They would just lay around to be picked in the bunch of dead bodies.

Regards

Rogwar

The Items are not stored as such, I just add the objectRef of the dropped item  to a form array and then check the array and add the objects back to your inventory at the end of combat (if you haven't already picked them up!).

If you are losing items with "Pickup Fumbled Items" enabled then it is a bug - would be useful to see a log of a fight where this occurred

It's really nothing.  I should be thanking you for all the effort you put into this.   It's great so far... got sacks full of rubble..   only 2 things I want to change.

1)  I noticed the float on the duration of visual impairment was (.48/4) x 100 or something like that. so 48 hours on the max?  =0   I changed that with xedit to be a 1-6 hours instead.    If you ever revisit the code, maybe a slider or maybe an option for short medium and long duration to make it easier to code would be useful.

2) During alchemy on the magical explosion, I get assaulted just fine..  but the females are using male anims on meeee ><    what tag is it looking for.  It might be something I changed with defeat tag suppression that might be making that happen.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what tags it is using so I can use SLATE to filter some out. 

I'll add the duration slider to the list :)

I've not seen the females using incorrect anims problem - but I'll take a look and see if I can spot anything in the code.

A log... I knew I should have keept my mouth shut ;)
I´ll do my best to give you a log.
Hm. How to start. *mumble... mumble*
Don´t blame me if there are more than your mod telling what is going wrong. I´ll try to keep it as clean as possible... mod index of my merged patch standing last in the load order is CA... translate yourself how many I have running. And believe me, if I tell you the merged one is BIG... I´m such a weirdo.... oh dear... a log...
*several minutes (approx. 90) pass*

Here is the log file you wanted. During creating it I made an observation: The text for picking up the fumbled items was not occuring. If you ask me, I did a little to much to the game, that it is probably not doing what it should do. Played the scene 5 or 6 times. Sometimes working correct, sometimes not. Give it a shoot, if you want, but I think my log is not reliable for bug hunting. The log file is done loosing both daggers during the fight. They vanished.

If you want, I will try to make a less modded one... perhaps 100 mods... or a setup with a less heavy script load... and try to reproduce the error on that one (but I think, that would be the same as yourself setting a game).
Maybe it is the circumstance of having two Superb Dread Daggers (Legendary) in the inventory, because daggers and swords are set for dual wield in the chest. You can find the mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15494/? (Dread Knight Weapon Set)

Regards

Rogwar

PS: before someone is asking: Game is running 143hours, PC is level 56 and it is a real playthrough without having to much issues... True... If 2 mods fire at the same time, strange things happen, but hey... It is not annoyingly often. CTD are really rare (and most ones are my fault in provoking them). Steps in Whiterun have still 30fps.

Papyrus.0.log.7z

A log... I knew I should have keept my mouth shut ;)

I´ll do my best to give you a log.

Hm. How to start. *mumble... mumble*

Don´t blame me if there are more than your mod telling what is going wrong. I´ll try to keep it as clean as possible... mod index of my merged patch standing last in the load order is CA... translate yourself how many I have running. And believe me, if I tell you the merged one is BIG... I´m such a weirdo.... oh dear... a log...

*several minutes (approx. 90) pass*

Here is the log file you wanted. During creating it I made an observation: The text for picking up the fumbled items was not occuring. If you ask me, I did a little to much to the game, that it is probably not doing what it should do. Played the scene 5 or 6 times. Sometimes working correct, sometimes not. Give it a shoot, if you want, but I think my log is not reliable for bug hunting. The log file is done loosing both daggers during the fight. They vanished.

If you want, I will try to make a less modded one... perhaps 100 mods... or a setup with a less heavy script load... and try to reproduce the error on that one (but I think, that would be the same as yourself setting a game).

Maybe it is the circumstance of having two Superb Dread Daggers (Legendary) in the inventory, because daggers and swords are set for dual wield in the chest. You can find the mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15494/? (Dread Knight Weapon Set)

Regards

Rogwar

PS: before someone is asking: Game is running 143hours, PC is level 56 and it is a real playthrough without having to much issues... True... If 2 mods fire at the same time, strange things happen, but hey... It is not annoyingly often. CTD are really rare (and most ones are my fault in provoking them). Steps in Whiterun have still 30fps.

Hmmm - as you say your game has quite a few mods and there are a lot of errors in your log - however none of them are from FMEA so it's difficult to know what is happening.

I'll look at the code again and get back to you if I can come up with anything.

If anyone else is still losing weapons even with auto recover on it would be good to hear about it

Think I found the culprit of the problem.

Your script is picking up the dropped weapon from the ground. As we all know, some things you drop to the ground are lost in the plane of junksomeidiotdropped. If this is happening, your script is trying to pick up things that are not in Skyrim but in the mentioned plane :)

Conclusion: Your script/mod is working fine, but Skyrim is not *shrug*

regards

Rogwar

Defeat has an option to drop items to inventory on fumble... so maybe that could work for this as an alternative to skyrims broken system.

Also if you are looking for more ideas.. maybe have woodchopping also have a chance for numb hands.  Could also trigger spriggan effect maybe.  Dont chop mah babies! Could also have a kickback effect.. either the axe, or maybe a stray wood block flies back in your face knocking you out... oh look.. unconscious dragonborn.. lets just cop a feel.  That's just if you want more stuff that can go wrong.  

Defeat has an option to drop items to inventory on fumble... so maybe that could work for this as an alternative to skyrims broken system.

Also if you are looking for more ideas.. maybe have woodchopping also have a chance for numb hands.  Could also trigger spriggan effect maybe.  Dont chop mah babies! Could also have a kickback effect.. either the axe, or maybe a stray wood block flies back in your face knocking you out... oh look.. unconscious dragonborn.. lets just cop a feel.  That's just if you want more stuff that can go wrong.  

All ideas gratefully received!

Dropping items to inventory is simple - but less of a penalty as they can just be reequipped. Unfortunately I'm not sure how well the new auto-pickup is working for the majority of users as it's hard to get much feedback 

All ideas gratefully received!

Dropping items to inventory is simple - but less of a penalty as they can just be reequipped. Unfortunately I'm not sure how well the new auto-pickup is working for the majority of users as it's hard to get much feedback 

Well I can crank mine up to 100% and let you know how it works... so far I havn't dropped any weapons, but I reduced the risk on that by a lot.

I finally figured out what is missing here (that I thought it actually had).

Smithing Plugin -

numb hands possibility

fail to make item - (uses regular materials)

critical fail to make item - (uses 2 times regular materials)

forge fire - nearby people are pissed, possible criminal penalty (if witnessed)

forge explosion - stun (knock out) dragonborn, criminal penalty (if witnessed)

fail to temper item (uses materials)

critical fail to temper item - (2 times regular materials lost) and some kind of aggravation for nearby npcs

smelter failure - loss of ore but no ingots

smelter fire - piss off nearby npcs and no ingots

smelter explosion - piss off nearby npcs, knock out dragonborn, criminal penalty (if witnessed)

and whatever else you could think of .

just an idea for your consideration

edit

drop items to inventory has been working correctly for me so far (not happened a lot yet though)

I finally figured out what is missing here (that I thought it actually had).

Smithing Plugin -

numb hands possibility

fail to make item - (uses regular materials)

critical fail to make item - (uses 2 times regular materials)

forge fire - nearby people are pissed, possible criminal penalty (if witnessed)

forge explosion - stun (knock out) dragonborn, criminal penalty (if witnessed)

fail to temper item (uses materials)

critical fail to temper item - (2 times regular materials lost) and some kind of aggravation for nearby npcs

smelter failure - loss of ore but no ingots

smelter fire - piss off nearby npcs and no ingots

smelter explosion - piss off nearby npcs, knock out dragonborn, criminal penalty (if witnessed)

and whatever else you could think of .

just an idea for your consideration

edit

drop items to inventory has been working correctly for me so far (not happened a lot yet though)

Yes -  Smithing is top of the list, may be limited by the way that tempering works (it's hard to detect what is being tempered without checking every item every time) but otherwise perfectly doable.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, my ingredients are not being renamed or blocked when I try either option. Would using CACO cause this?

Almost certainly - if CACO is making changes to harvestables then FMEA won't recognise them as it uses lists of vanilla harvestable forms to determine what to block or rename

For some reason, my ingredients are not being renamed or blocked when I try either option. Would using CACO cause this?

Almost certainly - if CACO is making changes to harvestables then FMEA won't recognise them as it uses lists of vanilla harvestable forms to determine what to block or rename

Thanks  yes.. it does indeed swap out the harvestables. 

I can just patch the formlist, but meh... it's not that big of an issue.   I think I'll just role play a horticulturalist =p

one that keeps having stuff explode in their face.

BUG:   Losing sight of the vein of a hearthfire clay deposit led to the deposit being henceforth unusable.   Since they never run out, they do not typically respawn.  Possibly needs a code to reset it.

Hearthfire clay and rock quarry pits do actually run out (at 4000) but they do take a looooong time to respawn (I am not sure of how long but they do,

because I have in fact ran one out of clay and it did eventually respawn).

BUG:   Losing sight of the vein of a hearthfire clay deposit led to the deposit being henceforth unusable.   Since they never run out, they do not typically respawn.  Possibly needs a code to reset it.

Hearthfire clay and rock quarry pits do actually run out (at 4000) but they do take a looooong time to respawn (I am not sure of how long but they do,

because I have in fact ran one out of clay and it did eventually respawn).

Ah ok.. good to know thank you Valcon.    

Thanks for the feedback - fixed in V1.37 :)

FMEA Version 1.37 released

• BugFix: Clay and Stone deposits will no longer be depleted due to losing track of the ore vein
  • BugFix: Critical failures whilst mining Clay and Stone will now occur during mining rather then when mining is cancelled by the user
  • BugFix: Fixed a condition where firedamp deposits did not always detonate correctly
  • Added: Clay and Stone mining will now stop at regular intervals to allow the Player a moment's rest

Wow that was quick.  =)   I might as well throw in a request to make your life more difficult while I am at it =p

In the case of Male player, with female aggressor...   would it be possible to make it so that female aggressor will require aggressive, cowgirl instead of aggressive, MF...   having the default action being a female using a strapon with a male would probably be a preferable visual to fewer people than having them take a ride.  I'm not sure about the slotting, they may have to swap slots as well for this to work correctly so that female is in the first slot (not sure yet.. still get confused on how SL handles this as well as animators)

• 4 weeks later...