Devious Devices - Synergy (formerly Immersion)

View File

LATEST UPDATE:

This is another “proof of concept” update to let you all know what this mod is going to look like. To see what’s new, coc to “MJMTheChaliceBridge01” (I’m going to worry about better cell names later). Please note, there are still some issues here and there (grass growing out of stone, clipping, etc.) and I will take care of that when I polish the whole of it. Also, there is no navmesh for anything beyond the simple bounds of the island, there is no LOD (long distance background stuff), and none of the doors go anywhere (interiors are next on the list). Finally, don’t visit The Chalice if you want all this to remain a surprise; I wish I could do that, but, hell, I’m the one making the thing.

For those who venture deeper:

For those who do venture in, another reason I’m looking for something else: advice. This whole complex is going to be a sort of “resort brothel” the player can either visit or, through a world quest, become enslaved. The Chalice will have ~30 npcs working there and ~70 patrons who visit here and there. It will also have a number of activities, ranging from simple drink service to a horse show. If the player is enslaved, she can take on any of these jobs to being to earn money against her debt and buy her freedom (alternatively, she can focus on attempting to figure out how to escape). What is more, these jobs will all come with simple micro quests to make the whole thing feel organic (examples include, deciding whether or not to resist a client who wants more than you offer, trying to figure out how to distract the stable’s notoriously horny horse so you can replace his food, etc.). Furthermore, all of this must be done while wearing a device that severely hampers your abilities.

Here are some of the locations: the two circular buildings at the top of the stairs are the madam’s house and the employee’s bunkhouse. The gigantic building is a number of things, including a bar/restaurant in the center, two “arenas” where shows are put on (everything from live sex, client duels, animal shows, etc.), and bedrooms in the two circular areas at the ends. Behind the main building, the gardens have 3 “long stay” houses for VIP clients and the stable. The gardens’ road can also be used for horse or pony girl racing. I also have plans to add an interior cell maze and a couple outdoor “romance sites.” There is a giant pool, obviously, and the big open area is going to be a sort of maintenance area and an archery range.

What do you suggest? Do you want to help decorate a “long stay” house? Are you good at creating gardens? Got an idea for a quest? If you have a good idea, let me know. If you have a good idea and can implement it yourself, maybe you might want to join the team.

Beyond that, I’m pretty much done with this mod for a while. No, I DO want to continue, but I’m on deadline for the book I’m writing and have to give that priority. That shouldn’t take more than a month or two though, and I’ll keep popping back into this mod’s forum topic to interact and brainstorm.

Introduction:

All there is to say here is this is in extreme alpha---a proof of concept only. As such, try this at your own risk. As I grow the team and put in time, the alpha will shift to beta and eventually we will get to a full release.

Note: Concerning this alpha, please just play to get a taste. There is no resolution to the quest, so simply make a save you want to revert to and give it a couple minutes of your time.

To start, talk to any innkeeper and say you're running low on septims to start the quest. Alternatively, just head to Riverwood and go north along the east side of the river to find Yadvard's Rest. Finally, and this is purely aesthetic at the moment, there is a little spoiler of what is to come if you go directly east of Riverwood up into the mountains where those two pointless bandits hang out.

AGAIN: CREATE A BLOODY FALLBACK SAVE BEFORE CHECKING THIS OUT

Requirements:

· Skyrim and DLC

· USLEEP

· ApachiiHair

· Sexlab

· ZaZ Animatiuon Pack

· Devious Devices Assets

· Sexlab Aroused Redux (or vanilla, though I have not tested it)

· Devious Devices Integration

· Devious Devices Expansion

Basics:

This mod is designed as a bridge between the mythos of Skyrim and Devious Devices. Ever wonder why you can't get that collar off without going to crazy lengths? What is possessing these strange items showing up around Skyrim? Does it even matter?

As far as I'm concerned, putting cause to an effect is never a bad thing.

A Little More:

This mod is going to accomplish two main goals:

- First: Quests to tie in the devices with the world. The main apparatus for this is a new courier system for delivering a plethora of new quests. Most of the quests will simple, single stage quests, but five will be large, multi-stage ones with multiple stages, new voiced NPCs, and followers. Here are some examples (without spoilers):

5]
-- Small Quests: Discover the source of the glowing trolls; Recover the enchanted collar

5]
-- Large Quests: Help Saela clear Yadvard's Rest

- Second: New and interesting reputations of devious devices that merit varying degrees of difficulty to remove, namely due to their varying degrees of difficulty to create.

5]
-- "Level 1" Devices: Leather. Simple crafting and removable with any bladed device.

5]
-- "Level 2" Devices: Metal. Requires smiting skills that relate to the metal use and are removed by lock picking or magic on site (difficulty varies with metal used) or by a blacksmith.

5]
-- "Level 3" Devices: Enchanted. Simple smiting skills pertinent metal skill, enchanting skill, and arcane smithing. It also require metals as raw materials and filled soul gems. These can only be removed with an enchanted key, which can only be created with a filled soul gem and knowledge found in rare books. These are also the first level of devices that actually influence the used, affecting stats, arousal, etc. rather than just "marking" the wearer as a slave.

5]
-- "Level 4" Devices: Daedric. All of the smithing requirements of enchanted, but also other, special elements to be discovered. Removal requires divine help.

5]
-- "Level 5" Devices: *Secret*. What is more powerful than Daedric influence? Well, that is for you to find out. In fact, it is centerpiece of this mod's questing.

FAQ:

Truthfully, no one has asked anything yet, but here are a couple I anticipate:

What are your plans for the mod?

5]
The first goal is to get one of the main quests done and this proof of concept is approximately 25% of that. After that, I'll move on to getting the courier system fleshed out and begin working on the diversified device types and their effects.

How long will it take?

5]
Honestly, I have no idea. I started modding last week and have picked up a ton as I've learned, but I have no idea how difficult it will be. Based on what I have planed, however, I know it is at least
feasible
, so that much at least is good news.

What Can I do to Help:

This mod is a huge undertaking, obviously, so I welcome any help.

- First and foremost, my coding skills are limited and I could really use someone in that department; my most efficient method for learning is audio visual and the people's video tutorials on creation kit only cover up to a certain point.

- Second, anyone willing to help me with modeling and texturing new devices, creatures, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I can manage the basics in that department, but I think it is wise to play to one's strengths and that really isn't one of mine.

- Third, anyone interested in designing (relatively anatomically plausible) characters for the mod. Simply put, I'm dreadful at making skyrim's characters not look like ass.

- Forth, anyone wanting to create small quests (adult or not) and include them under the umbrella of my questing system are welcome! Even if you have no idea what you are doing, take confidence in knowing I made this mod in a week. A little perseverance and you can do it too! Don't know where to get started? Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

- Finally, VOICE ACTORS! As someone with dyslexia, I have always had a rough time reading. Consequently, quests without dialogue have always been something I try to avoid. You don't have to be particularly talented either! You can do at least one voice: yours. If you have a mic and can give me relatively clean audio (turn off things that make noise, find a quiet area, and record each line more than once), I can make it mod ready. My hope is to have everyone in this mod voiced. As a special note, if anyone can do a particularly good impression of existing characters, that is highly coveted; new NPC's can sound like whatever, but the vanilla ones should match best as possible.

Thanks You's:

- This wonderful website and all it's people for making this happen.

- Skyrimll, for early bits of advice

- ContentConsumer, for general help

- Princessity, who got me into this in the first place

- dwcool62, who's mod Misty Michelle was the basis for the NPC Saela (
)

- noobsaleh, for helping me not screw up a first impression

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/14/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim and DLC, USLEEP, ApachiiHair, Sexlab, ZaZ Animatiuon Pack, Devious Devices Assets, Sexlab Aroused Redux (or vanilla, though I have not tested it), Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Expansion
  • Special Edition Compatible

I would be happy to help with the voice acting.

Awesome!  What kind voices do you do?  Also, I'm not going to be doing the voices until near the end (so all the lines are written and recorded consistently), but that sounds great :)

Well, first off i'm male, so there's that. I'm American, from California, so I don't have any real accent. 

The voices I can do are:

My own voice

Nasally

Generic foreign accent

Crazy (Think Cicero) 

Gravely

I can try and do others as well, just let me know. If you would like a sample, I would need some lines to say.

Big Suggestion: Is it possible for the name to be changed? to avoid the word immersion from the mod title? (Or technically, the letters A, I, and E)

Since we generally use DDA, DDI, and DDE for Assets, Integration, and Expansion. With DD:Extension, its not the first time I've seen people complain about a mod not working because they mistook DDE for Extension rather than Expansion or visa versa, I doubt we need the additional headache of now having to explain how DDI means Integration rather than Immersion to people.

Since this mod is just starting out, I hope its not that big of a problem have the name changed and limit the confusion by avoiding A, I, and E, especially with something that have the Devious Devices heading.

Edit: Some suggestions by thesaurus: Realism, Connection/Connect, Nexus, Concord, Conjoin, Blend

Big Suggestion: Is it possible for the name to be changed? to avoid the word immersion from the mod title? (Or technically, the letters A, I, and E)

Since we generally use DDA, DDI, and DDE for Assets, Integration, and Expansion. With DD:Extension, its not the first time I've seen people complain about a mod not working because they mistook DDE for Extension rather than Expansion or visa versa, I doubt we need the additional headache of now having to explain how DDI means Integration rather than Immersion to people.

Since this mod is just starting out, I hope its not that big of a problem have the name changed and limit the confusion by avoiding A, I, and E, especially with something that have the Devious Devices heading.

Edit: Some suggestions by thesaurus: Realism, Connection/Connect, Nexus, Concord, Conjoin, Blend

Or just add a word or two.  DD Immersive Experience, e.g. DDie.

Awesome!  What kind voices do you do?  Also, I'm not going to be doing the voices until near the end (so all the lines are written and recorded consistently), but that sounds great :)

Well, first off i'm male, so there's that. I'm American, from California, so I don't have any real accent. 

The voices I can do are:

My own voice

Nasally

Generic foreign accent

Crazy (Think Cicero) 

Gravely

I can try and do others as well, just let me know. If you would like a sample, I would need some lines to say.

I will get right on brainstorming characters.  You and another have contacted me, so once I have a good few ideas, I think I'll create a PM thread so I can post characters and see what you two (and others who join later) want to claim :)

I was trying to find a word that had the same sort of "taste" as immersion, but couldn't.  As it stands, the internal structure of the mod has everything as "Devious Devices Integration Addon Quests," but I thought that was too long.  I thought about it last night and concluded "Devious Devices Conformation" or "Devious Devices Synergy" might be good alternatives.  Thoughts?

I have my plate more than full at the moment but don't hesitate to PM me if you have script related questions. 

Looking forward to seeing more of this mod so I can think how to make it fit with mine (SD+ especially).

Awesome!  Having used many of your mods (Sexlab Stories inspired this mod, actually), your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to send you a PM to give you a little more spoilery context to what I'm doing with the mod so we can see where our ideas might line up :)

Needs lewder screenshots.

@Sarge Misfit: What issues have you had with USLEEP? Most likely it was a mod that contained vanilla records instead of USLEEP records. NMM and MO should really start giving warnings by default. Something like "Forward with TES5Edit, damnit!"

In any case USLEEP should be a soft dependency, unless there's some critical need for it?

I really want to try this, but the USLEEP requirement is a killer. I've tried using it before and nothing worked right.

It's in there for me because it's a requirement for most of the realism type mods I use and didn't think to remove the dependency (and hell if I know how to remove it in my nebie modder state).  That said, I got it working correctly so that means I am at least somewhat familiar with getting it to work.  How did it fail for you?  Perhaps I can help; what exactly goes wrong? 

Needs lewder screenshots.

I'll get there.  To be honest, there's nothing lewd about it... *yet*.  The next stage the level design of a brothel, so once that's done, you'll have your wish :)

I tried USLEEP before. After three days of trying to track down what wasn't working, I gave up and went back with USKIP. I am sure that I have at least one mod that requires USKIP. Not sure which one, its not from LoversLab, but it is one I use every game I play. So, for me, its either don't use the very few mods that rely on USLEEP or spend who knows how long ferreting out incompatible mods and looking for patches. Since I am currently running 236 mods and its actually stable, well, "if it ain't broke ..." :P

The voices I can do are:

My own voice

Nasally

Generic foreign accent

Crazy (Think Cicero) 

Gravely

I will get right on brainstorming characters.  You and another have contacted me, so once I have a good few ideas, I think I'll create a PM thread so I can post characters and see what you two (and others who join later) want to claim :)

I was trying to find a word that had the same sort of "taste" as immersion, but couldn't.  As it stands, the internal structure of the mod has everything as "Devious Devices Integration Addon Quests," but I thought that was too long.  I thought about it last night and concluded "Devious Devices Conformation" or "Devious Devices Synergy" might be good alternatives.  Thoughts?

I have my plate more than full at the moment but don't hesitate to PM me if you have script related questions. 

Looking forward to seeing more of this mod so I can think how to make it fit with mine (SD+ especially).

Awesome!  Having used many of your mods (Sexlab Stories inspired this mod, actually), your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to send you a PM to give you a little more spoilery context to what I'm doing with the mod so we can see where our ideas might line up :)

Synergy is great, Conformation is more difficult to wrap my brain around ;p

I'd love to stuff the animations, behavior files and you in that BSA right now.

It sucked.

Merry Christmas

oh there's more.. my custom bodyslide DD meshes and textures. they have to be redone now.

I'm guessing I fucked something up?  Sorry, but this is my first upload (I forgot to upload the .esp in the original, so *yes* that new to this).  Could you tell me what I did wrong so I can correct it?

It sucked.

Merry Christmas

oh there's more.. my custom bodyslide DD meshes and textures. they have to be redone now.

I'm guessing I fucked something up?  Sorry, but this is my first upload (I forgot to upload the .esp in the original, so *yes* that new to this).  Could you tell me what I did wrong so I can correct it?

he said he had problems with animations and bodyslide models, nothing to worry about because they can easily be overwrote\rebuilt with a couple of clicks. Just ignore frustrated ppl :)

It sucked.

Merry Christmas

he said he had problems with animations and bodyslide models, nothing to worry about because they can easily be overwrote\rebuilt with a couple of clicks. Just ignore frustrated ppl :)

Still, though, I don't want to ruin anyone's day :(  I originally got super zealous and a worked for a solid week on the mod, only to realize everything was being thrown into Mod Organizer's overwrite file... along with FNIS,SKSE's derivatives, etc..  I did my best to figure out what was and wasn't part of my mod, only alternative being to start from scratch.  Anyway, I suspect I just missed something.  Is it something I should remove?