[Sims 4] wild_guy's Female Body Details [01.10.2023]

13 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

You can check it by renaming my default skin so it loads first. Add "!" in the beginning of the package name (or the whole FBD folder name) and see if this helps and don't forget to rename it back after testing.

If you have more than 1 default skin installed, they will conflict, so you should find and remove other default skins and leave only one. You can use Sims 4 Tray Importer to find CC that is applied to a sim saved in your library.

Renamed FBD to !FBD and moved it from Mods/BodyDetails to Mods/ and that fixed my problem.
Good idea to check with Sims 4 Tray Importer, thank you!
Regarding FBD folder, I prefer to keep some structure. Is it ok if I keep it in 
Mods/BodyDetails folder when I finally find out what causes this conflict?

45 minutes ago, Hanar said:

If you apply the details in the Everyday outfit, from what I can tell, they will stay applied. But you can't apply them from any other outfit category, at least in my experience.

Nice catch! I was able to reproduce this, so you helped a lot. I'll try to investigate the problem.

5 minutes ago, wyler said:

Is it ok if I keep it in Mods/BodyDetails folder when I finally find out what causes this conflict?

Yes, every folder which name is alphabetically higher that WickedWhims folder name will be fine.

3 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Yes, every folder which name is alphabetically higher that WickedWhims folder name will be fine.

Ups, I guess then we found an issue. WW v170b changelog mentioned that we may rename WW folder to put it first in load order
image.png.9c0b6c2c94ed3ab7731fc0bdb7968ecc.png

I guess my strategy here was preventive regarding any rig conflicts, so I just did it anyways. Will rename it back and see if everything works fine. Thank you for your assistance!

1 minute ago, wyler said:

Ups, I guess then we found an issue. WW v170b changelog mentioned that we may rename WW folder to put it first in load order

Don't follow this, this is not a very good recommendation, besides it's outdated. Characters like "!" in the beginning of folder names should be used only temporarily, mostly for test purposes.

2 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

Don't follow this, this is not a very good recommendation, besides it's outdated. Characters like "!" in the beginning of folder names should be used only temporarily, mostly for test purposes.

Got it, thank you. That was actually the reason why I associated my issue with new WW body, it came along with that recommendation.

1 hour ago, Hanar said:

This is what I found after following carriefisher's instructions.

So before this latest update I liked to edit the body details in sleepwear since I feel like its less of a hassle to find what the sims were wearing. After this update, and after following the instructions on the fix, if I try to apply body details in sleepwear or any other clothing category, the details won't stick. EXCEPT in Everyday.

If you apply the details in the Everyday outfit, from what I can tell, they will stay applied. But you can't apply them from any other outfit category, at least in my experience.

Well, I made some tests and the problem seems to be a game bug. Try to remove all mods and apply standard skin details to a sim in everyday outfit and in some another outfit (I tested with sleepwear and swimwear). You should see the same weird behavior, they won't stay applied if you were doing that while your sim was not in everyday category.

2 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Well, I made some tests and the problem seems to be a game bug. Try to remove all mods and apply standard skin details to a sim in everyday outfit and in some another outfit (I tested with sleepwear and swimwear). You should see the same weird behavior, they won't stay applied if you were doing that while your sim was not in everyday category.

So it's not FBD after all? Why aren't more people complaining about the bug? Is it because most people don't mess with skin details much?

Would a temporary fix for your mod be to edit all the FBD details in Sims4Studio so they live in facepaint instead of skin details?

Or does this just mean we should make sure only to exit CAS when we're on the Everyday outfit?

Edited by carriefisher
5 hours ago, wyler said:

I have issues with each and every transparent/open closes part from any creator. That is why I'm wondering that problem may be related to some issue with default skin. I've read your post description about wild_guy FemaleDefaultNudeSkin.package rule (should be one default replacement).
Nipples are just wrong color I think. The issue is resolved when I use your nipple details or any other non-default skin. I guess maybe that happended because I've downloaded another default nude skin.
image.png.eebe96f3f3de0dbe8759f64370d904ef.png

Are your body details in a folder called FBD? or a folder that'll make them load before ww? they need to load first otherwise they don't work...

Never mind. In the same savegame I've been testing with - in which I finally was able to save skin details changes - now it WON'T save the changes. I changed nothing about the install since last loading the game, leaving WW and FBD in the Mod folder. It just suddenly won't work for no reason. I tried changes in Sleepwear and Everyday. Nothing saved.

I give up. I think I'm just going to have to stop playing Sims 4 until this gets figured out. My Sims won't feel like "themselves" until I can properly outfit them with FBD.

Thanks for looking into it, Wild_Guy. EA really messed things up, eh?

5 hours ago, carriefisher said:

So it's not FBD after all? Why aren't more people complaining about the bug? Is it because most people don't mess with skin details much?

Well, my sims already have FBD parts applied so I don't have a necessity to edit them at the moment, I think many users may be in a similar situation.

Would a temporary fix for your mod be to edit all the FBD details in Sims4Studio so they live in facepaint instead of skin details?

Not a good idea since face paint is a part of a particular outfit. 
It's possible to move them to tattoos instead but personally, I prefer to have them in skin details. Besides, existing MCCC Custom Definitions won't work for them if they were moved, they must be re-created for the new CAS part type as well.

Or does this just mean we should make sure only to exit CAS when we're on the Everyday outfit?

As far as I tried, applying skin details in other outfits and just exit CAS from everyday outfit won't give a positive result. 
Skin details must be namely applied in everyday category and moreover, namely for the first everyday outfit if you have several of them, otherwise the bug will occur.

So the best way to apply FBD parts as for now seems to be:
1. Creating additional everyday outfit by duplicating the first one.
2. Removing clothes for the first everyday outfit and applying FBD parts while staying in it.
3. Deleting the first everyday outfit and exit.

And of course it would be good if EA receive many complains to this bug, otherwise it may stay unfixed for a very long time.

Edited by wild_guy

I got a question about the MC Dresser Custom Definitions .

I haven't played the Sims 4 since few month , I use WW and the MCCC since many years .

My question is , do I need to use/configure the mc_dresser.cfg ?

The README says :

"The mc_dresser.cfg file in this folder is the config for MC Dresser Custom Definitions feature that comes with MC Command Center 2022.2.0 which allows FBD parts to automatically be added to Sims with several adjustable parameters. You can see the feature documentation here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_dresser
To install it you need to put the mc_dresser.cfg file into the same folder where MC Command Center mod is placed. If you already used MC Dresser module before and already have the mc_dresser.cfg file, just open the file included here with text editor (Notepad, Notepad++ etc.) and copy all string to the one you already have, then save it. You should not copy this folder into your Mods but only operate on the mc_dresser.cfg file!
Dimples Of Venus doesn't take part in Custom Definitions and can still be applied only manually. Grey pubic hair color is not allowed for Teen, Young Adult and Adult sims and is the only one that is allowed for elders. You can check and change the applying parameters as you wish by clicking on a Sim of the desired age group and gender and going in MC Dresser -> Custom Definitions."

I don't understand how to do it , because I can't find at my Documents an older existing mc_dresser.cfg file .

33 minutes ago, Captain Rondo said:

I don't understand how to do it , because I can't find at my Documents an older existing mc_dresser.cfg file .

If you don't have mc_dresser.cfg in the folder where MCCC is installed (i.e. you didn't use MC dresser module before), then you just need to copy the provided file there.

Then you should be able to edit FBD Custom Definitions settings by clicking on a sim (if you want to change them).

Edited by wild_guy
17 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

If you don't have mc_dresser.cfg in the folder wherу MCCC is installed (i.e. you didn't use MC dresser module before), then you just need to copy the provided file there.

Then you should be able to edit FBD Custom Definitions settings by clicking on a sim (if you want to change them).

Thanks , I will put the new mc_dresser.cfg file (that comes with your FDB) in my mods folder .

15 hours ago, wild_guy said:

FBD doesn't add nipple shapes, you need to look at body mesh you use for your sim.

Oops sorry I meant the wild_guy Nipples.package...    Not the breast

Edited by Latuda
2 hours ago, Latuda said:

Oops sorry I meant the wild_guy Nipples.package...    Not the breast

I can't know how you modified the package if you did, so I don't know how to help. Nothing really critical was made about nipples in the latest update, in general they are the same as before.

20 hours ago, wild_guy said:

I can't know how you modified the package if you did, so I don't know how to help. Nothing really critical was made about nipples in the latest update, in general they are the same as before.

I solved my problem it was because I changed the slot  category of nipples. Sorry for having to complain ?

16 minutes ago, evilblade said:

Hey, folks!

Could someone please explain how to use this mod? I can't see those things that are on screenshots here.

But maybe I'm just looking for them in a wrong place? Where should I click?

They should be in face/skin details

50 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

They should be in face/skin details

See, the problem is - when I click on a face there are only four icons there, the one with 3 stars (under wich are all the skin details I presume) is missing! ...maybe I'm doing something wrong?..

UPD: Oops, sorry, there it is! But I swear it wasn't there the previous time.. maybe it was a glitch or something?..

Edited by evilblade
1 hour ago, Whateverrrrr55 said:

For some reason I just can't get it to work! It's never appearing in the face/skin details no matter how I arrange it or how many times I reload. I don't suppose you have a link to the read me, do you? Thanks!

I have no idea what can cause FBD parts to not appear in skin details at all but in cases like this the first thing I do is trying without other mods.