[Sims 4] wild_guy's Female Body Details [01.10.2023]

Shortly before the patch, I used wild_guy's female body details to choose pubic hairs and vagina types for my sims but now they're all gone back to the defaults. What file(s) do I transfer to make sure the settings transfer over? I spent a long time choosing them for dozens of Sims...

7 hours ago, bobhoji said:

Shortly before the patch, I used wild_guy's female body details to choose pubic hairs and vagina types for my sims but now they're all gone back to the defaults. What file(s) do I transfer to make sure the settings transfer over? I spent a long time choosing them for dozens of Sims...

I assume they shold not reset unless you saved the game without the mod. I this case you need to go to the saves folder and restore the save with details applied. The active save file named as Slot_0000000X.save, all other versions like Slot_0000000X.save.ver0, Slot_0000000X.save.ver1 and so on are the older saves of the same game, you can restore any of them by renaming the file. Or use Recover Save button in the Load Game window.

Make a backup before doing this.

Edited by wild_guy

Did the new expansion break this mod? It seems whenever I apply any cosmetics from this mod in CAS, the cosmetics don't stay applied once I click on another sim to edit or exit CAS. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Hanar said:

Did the new expansion break this mod? It seems whenever I apply any cosmetics from this mod in CAS, the cosmetics don't stay applied once I click on another sim to edit or exit CAS. Thanks!

Honestly, I don't know yet, I don't update my game waiting for all critical bugs to be fixed.

Okay, I'm not sure if this is because I'm doing something wrong or if there's a problem with the mod, but for some reason, once I''ve added details to a female Sim in CAS (they look okay and everything), and then I go to live mode, the details I added in CAS are no longer there, and the Sims I modified have the naked bodies they had before I added the details.

What could be causing this?

23 hours ago, LMartino said:

Okay, I'm not sure if this is because I'm doing something wrong or if there's a problem with the mod, but for some reason, once I''ve added details to a female Sim in CAS (they look okay and everything), and then I go to live mode, the details I added in CAS are no longer there, and the Sims I modified have the naked bodies they had before I added the details.

What could be causing this?

11 hours ago, ryania said:

Yeah, the mod is definitely broken now, the overlay doesn't stay on after enabling it in CAS and going back to Live Mode.

Did you check without other mods istalled? I can't reproduce such issue and I think FBD is just not able to cause this. Make sure you have other mods updated, especially the global ones like WW and MCCC.

On 8/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, wild_guy said:

Did you check without other mods istalled? I can't reproduce such issue and I think FBD is just not able to cause this. Make sure you have other mods updated, especially the global ones like WW and MCCC.

I'm having the same issue.
I've got the most recent WW, most recent MCCC most recent cmar top and bottom, and the most recent FBD. Game has all updates and all packs.
Nothing else is installed.
When I make edits they disappear as soon as I navigate away from the outfit. Tried saving between outfits.
This happens in both edited townies and in my own creations.

1 hour ago, rpggilbert said:

I'm having the same issue.
I've got the most recent WW, most recent MCCC most recent cmar top and bottom, and the most recent FBD. Game has all updates and all packs.
Nothing else is installed.
When I make edits they disappear as soon as I navigate away from the outfit. Tried saving between outfits.
This happens in both edited townies and in my own creations.

I tried one more time and I still can't reproduce this. Can you check without FBD, does this happen to standard skin details?

Just chiming back in to say I'm still having this issue, I also don't have any other mods installed that interact with the bodies of sims. I don't know if this helps but pubic hair seems to be the one option that will stay applied. Standard skin details provided by the game work fine.

LL Update

• Added 2 types of top and bottom tan lines.
  • Removed embedded system for EA randomization as not working.
  • Added 'MC Dresser Custom Definitions' folder with the config for MC Command Center module that allows FBD parts to be applied automatically (read the included README file).
  • Updated occult tags for proper set.
  • Made pubic hair and tan lines disallowed for alien form.
  • Made pubic hair, vagina and butt disallowed for mermaid form.
  • Reworked EA wedding dresses fix to get rid of shoes incompatibility issue.

222.jpg image.png

Edited by wild_guy
1 hour ago, Hanar said:

Just chiming back in to say I'm still having this issue, I also don't have any other mods installed that interact with the bodies of sims. I don't know if this helps but pubic hair seems to be the one option that will stay applied. Standard skin details provided by the game work fine.

Sadly I have no idea what could be causing this, I have everything working well. Try the new version, there are no any really critical changes in it but who knows…

I'm so glad it's not just me!

I've been testing this problem with multiple clean installs using only the FBD and WW mods (two mods which, for me, are quintessential) and it keeps happening - you can't save skin details changes into live mode.

HOWEVER...I just installed Wild_Guy's newest version of FBD - still with no MCCC installed, only FBD and WW and no other mods or CC - and now changing base game skin details AND some of the FBD details works! Tan lines won't save, but I can change/save nipples and vaginas and other base game details like moles and forehead lines.

This test was done on the same clean install savegame I've been experimenting with today. I'm about to try a brand new savegame and see how that goes! Crossing fingers and toes!

A shame, i have samme issue with this fine mod, also after the new update today. no details will remain on my sims in live game. ww changed something with error in ea update, maybe a new update will fix this.

Edited by tchr

UPDATE:

Good news! I think Wild_Guy's 8/9 update solved the CAS skin details saving problem!

I'm the guy who's been testing the WW/FBD skin details problem with fresh clean installs and no mods or CC for the last week or so. I've been as methodical as I can, and communicating with Wild_Guy, who has been super cool about it, even though he wasn't sure why things weren't working.

In my last test, which was just this morning, I used the same clean install savegame I've been using since yesterday. I saved that game BEFORE adding Wild_Guy's FBD 8/9 update.

After adding the 8/9 update this morning, that savegame showed skin details save functionality improvement, but still wouldn't allow tan lines to save back into live mode.

For my last test, just a few minutes ago, post-8/9 update installation, I started a brand new savegame, new character, etc. With only WW and FBD installed in the Mod folder, I went into CAS from live mode using the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat and sure enough, I WAS able to change skin details including tan lines!

So it might be fixed!

It appears the solution is updating both WW and FBD, and then starting a new savegame so you're not dealing with any pre-FBD-update issues.

Not sure if a clean install is required, but that's how I've been testing it. I have not been using any backed up folders from my pre-HSY Sims 4 game folder, just a completely vanilla game. I have not tested to see if my old savegames - which I backed up just AFTER HSY dropped - will work again. I'd be surprised if they did, based on this morning's tests. I'll check them out tomorrow when I have time.

Stay tuned!

@carriefisher I'm very grateful to you for thorough testing the issue and sharing your results because it's hard to blindly fight with something you can't even see. I mean I can't see what to fix if I can't reprodice the issue.

As for saves, I can only say that I didn't update my game until EA fixed some of their critical issues so my save jumped to to 1.90.375 with the updated WW straight from 1.89 and skipped 1.90.358.

Edited by wild_guy

@wild_guy, thank you for your work. 

I'm not sure is this question for you, but I'll try to explain my choice.

Since WW added new body this summer, I got an issue with missing nipples and vagina while using any open/transparent closes from such creators as Nanny Design/Blue Crawling. Applying your details fixes an issue, but I definitely remember that everything worked before even without your details.

I've checked creators threads and actually found few questions and answers regarding this problem, mostly referencing to overlays usage.

I use Better Body defaults.

What I'm looking here is some suggestions...

- Maybe it's some another default body that I downloaded by chance with additional CC for some sim.

Anyway, It would be great if you have any idea regarding my problem.

43 minutes ago, wyler said:

Since WW added new body this summer, I got an issue with missing nipples and vagina while using any open/transparent closes from such creators as Nanny Design/Blue Crawling. Applying your details fixes an issue, but I definitely remember that everything worked before even without your details.

What nipples and vagina were those that are missing now? I think you need to look at the content they are from.

Edited by wild_guy

@wild_guy   During the update I no longer have on sims female the shape of the nipples.. I think I had modify the category for the breasts. But I don't remember where ... And I don't have a back up to see where I had moved this. Any suggestion  ? or simply because it was an update ?

It's fixed! Well, fixed enough.

This is what I found after following carriefisher's instructions.

So before this latest update I liked to edit the body details in sleepwear since I feel like its less of a hassle to find what the sims were wearing. After this update, and after following the instructions on the fix, if I try to apply body details in sleepwear or any other clothing category, the details won't stick. EXCEPT in Everyday.

If you apply the details in the Everyday outfit, from what I can tell, they will stay applied. But you can't apply them from any other outfit category, at least in my experience.

2 hours ago, wild_guy said:

What nipples and vagina were those that are missing now? I think you need to look at the content they are from.

I have issues with each and every transparent/open closes part from any creator. That is why I'm wondering that problem may be related to some issue with default skin. I've read your post description about wild_guy FemaleDefaultNudeSkin.package rule (should be one default replacement).
Nipples are just wrong color I think. The issue is resolved when I use your nipple details or any other non-default skin. I guess maybe that happended because I've downloaded another default nude skin.
image.png.eebe96f3f3de0dbe8759f64370d904ef.png

8 minutes ago, wyler said:

I guess maybe that happended because I've downloaded another default nude skin.

You can check it by renaming my default skin so it loads first. Add "!" in the beginning of the package name (or the whole FBD folder name) and see if this helps and don't forget to rename it back after testing.

If you have more than 1 default skin installed, they will conflict, so you should find and remove other default skins and leave only one. You can use Sims 4 Tray Importer to find CC that is applied to a sim saved in your library.

1 hour ago, Latuda said:

@wild_guy   During the update I no longer have on sims female the shape of the nipples.. I think I had modify the category for the breasts. But I don't remember where ... And I don't have a back up to see where I had moved this. Any suggestion  ? or simply because it was an update ?

FBD doesn't add nipple shapes, you need to look at body mesh you use for your sim.