[Sims 4] wild_guy's Female Body Details [01.10.2023]

2 minutes ago, asfdgsdfhdfh said:

stuff like pubic hair and tanlines are not appearing  for me under skin details. any tips?

Did you try without other mods? Honestly I'm not sure if anything can prevent options to show, but just in case.

3 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Did you try without other mods? Honestly I'm not sure if anything can prevent options to show, but just in case.

Your body details work 100% fine. I can't play a game without your body details and yours and skarrd's underwear. Body details are fine - they just work. 

11 minutes ago, asfdgsdfhdfh said:

i just tried with NO other mods. i completely wiped my mods file, and they still didnt appear

I have no idea what could be causing them not to show up in CAS.

Can you give screenshots of the mods folder and of what you see in skin details?

Also try to remove localthumbcache.package from ...Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder and test again.

On 4/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, wild_guy said:

I have no idea what could be causing them not to show up in CAS.

Can you give screenshots of the mods folder and of what you see in skin details?

Also try to remove localthumbcache.package from ...Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder and test again.

I'm also having that issue. 100% sure that's my fault, went on a download spree and possibly there are things overwritting. 

The txt file is the content of my mod folder. Your folders contain the files as they are, and in the skin details folder, with no filters, I'm just seeing the default EA items. Already deleted the localcache file as well.

image.thumb.png.abd639bcfde625862347bc432eed92f2.png

Any help would be appreciated! 

test.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I was looking to modify the tan lines a bit for my own personal use(will not upload anywhere) and was wondering if you could help. I'd like to experiment with making the untanned skin portion lighter/brighter. I know my way around photoshop and this playthrough I've started making a ton of custom swatches of clothes, but when I package up the edited tan lines, the game doesn't see them.

Any ideas?

I suspect it has something to do with how all the various tan lines sizes/shapes are originally packaged into one .package file. I only know how to use S4Studio to edit one size/shape of tan line at a time so the .package I'm spitting out is obviously quite different from your original ones as far as how the game sees it.

Any help would be appreciated! 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, thealtmadetogetlewds said:

Hey, so after adding this some female sims are missing part of an arm/leg, including female servos. Not sure where the conflict is here, any ideas?

This mod can't cause this, you need to look for some another reason.

Patreon update

• Added 5 types of small nipples
  • Added 3 types of medium nipples
  • Updated MC Dresser Custom Definitions config file to include new nipple types.
  • Updated MC Dresser Custom Definitions README file with update instructions.

image.png

image.png

Edited by wild_guy

@wild_guy 

I wonder if you can recategorize the female pubic hair to 'torso body hair' section?

The base game supports hair growth as well.

I also want request for the female armpit to 'arms body hair'.

Your body hair texture is perfect, I think it's the standard right now, since you released it for the first time, nothing can replace it.

4 hours ago, LOV31 said:

@wild_guy 

I wonder if you can recategorize the female pubic hair to 'torso body hair' section?

The base game supports hair growth as well.

Your body hair texture is perfect, I think it's the standard right now, since you released it for the first time, nothing can replace it.

I was thinking about moving pubic hair to body hair slot but there were always a couple of reasons that stopped me from doing that.

Firstly, body hair wasn't supported in Custom Definitions feature of the MC Command Center, so I would lose applying automation if moved pubic hair there. But As far as I know, this will be implemented in the next MCCC release, so it's not a problem anymore (thanks to Deaderpool).

The second problem is the in-game body hair growth system is very limited, it doesn't support multiple growth chains but only single one. You can mark body hair as a growth stage 1, 2 or 3 but you can't set which chain these stages belongs to. This means if I mark all pubic hair as stages, any pubic hair type from the second stage set can follow any pubic hair type from the first one, the growth will be totally random and mess. 
Also the hidden game buff of visible body hair that makes different body hair interactions possible is inappropriate for pubic hair (because you can't see them while a sim is dressed), otherwise these interactions may look weird. 
Body hair shaving animations don't fit pubic hair too. 
This all means that in-game body hair growth system doesn't fit and I can't use it.
Luckily there is the WW pubic hair growth system that is made specifically for that and works just fine, so it's best to use it instead of the in-game one.
So, all I can get as a result of moving pubic hair to body hair slot is the same regular CC but just in a different CAS slot and a free slot in skin details. No any additional features, body hair growth checkbox in CAS won't do anything for custom definitions automation and will only matter for common random. And a bunch of useless additional textures I would have to add, because body hair must have textures for all game hair color, but since I don't wanna support them all, I would just copy the black color into the pink, blue, green one and so on.
I thought I can get at least pubic hair color that matches the Sim’s current hair color (while using it in a custom definition) but no, looks like it won't be possible too, here is a quote of DP about this:

Note: Body Hair has colors and each color has a unique ID on the Sim outfit.  So when you add a body hair to Custom Definitions, it is adding it for that specific color ID.  It isn’t adding it to match the Sim’s current hair color.  This has always been one of the big downsides in Sims 4 design is that the CAS components are not accessible in any meaningful way to script code.  I can’t tell a color based on a specific ID.  I can tell what body type it’s for (front torso hair, for example), but I can’t tell what color it is and make any judgement about whether it matches anything else.  I wish this worked better, but it’s the best I can do with what I have accessible to me.  There isn’t a command to send on a Sim to say “match the arm hair on this character with their base hair color”.  So keep that in mind when defining any body hair.  If you choose multiple colors of the same body type, it will randomly be selected between and assigned to a Sim as applicable.

Well, and now I want to ask in turn, do you still think it's worth it? Because it's a serious step. Really interested in everyone's opinion.

Edited by wild_guy
4 hours ago, LOV31 said:

The same situation here, although it may be less critical. I have to think more deeply about this and maybe make some tests, so I can't promise anything.

• 3 weeks later...

does this add the styles to wickedwhims pubic hair prompt?

edit: i notice it does, what do i need to keep for wicked whims specifically and what can i get rid of?
the wicked whims default pubic hair was sufficient but after updating it from being gone for 6 months they only have 2 styles now, so this would be nice to have.

Edited by IamGreatBoy
10 hours ago, IamGreatBoy said:

edit: i notice it does, what do i need to keep for wicked whims specifically and what can i get rid of?
the wicked whims default pubic hair was sufficient but after updating it from being gone for 6 months they only have 2 styles now, so this would be nice to have.

This mod adds its own pubic hair styles to WW pubic hair system but it doesn't affect the styles that come with WW itself. And nothing has changed in WW regarding this, all WW pubic hair styles are still there. If you have some of WW styles missing, you obviously have some local problem, try testing with WW only first.

Patreon update

• Added 5 new types of vagina.
  • Improved 1 vagina type (swatch 8).
  • Updated MC Dresser Custom Definitions config file to include new vagina types.

image.png

Edited by wild_guy
1 hour ago, wild_guy said:

Patreon update

• Added 5 new types of vagina.
  • Improved 1 vagina type (swatch 8).
  • Updated MC Dresser Custom Definitions config file to include new vagina types.

image.png

so this is a tease for us here at LL??? kinda dooshy bro

9 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

oh my mistake. 

wild_guy and other creators share previews of their new content, for everyone to see. It's available for early access on Patreon then free on LL after a time. Actually, LL rules even state that any Patreon (or other paysite) content that someone previews on the LL forums must be made available for free on LL after a time (I think the time is 2 months, but I could be wrong).

20 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

I think the time is 2 months, but I could be wrong

Sometimes it may take longer, sometimes less, it all depends on how things are going and also on a creator's politics (they may prefer larger but less frequent public updates). So I'd say it's a bit individual.