Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, circuit said:

Seems to be a weird issue with some device names in this latest build.  It seems to just be these chastity harnesses.

enb 2022_05_29 14_49_08_07.bmp 7.91 MB · 2 downloads

@Kimy

This is the issue with DD for Him after localization was removed that I've brought up before. It affects some descriptions and device names in For Him. You'd need to compare to the For Him ESP from 5.1 to correct it, or the other ESMs. Below, the 'For Him000.esp' is the LE esp. The other For Him is the one where I've corrected this for SE.

It affects Armor, Object Effect, Message, and Magic Effect categories.

image.png.835480153f21dc922d9ddc2adbc2004d.png

image.png.ebcfe975ca01430f4dc3547715bb0dc7.png

6 minutes ago, TrickyK said:

@zarantha I'm sure you saw this in the FSMP discord, but have you tried this out yet?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68803?tab=description

I was going to use it to error check the XMLs, but I'm pretty clueless on how to edit them.

I hadn't, but i'm pretty sure they wouldn't work at all if I had done something wrong with the xml tags. I can check though. XML is pretty easy though, to edit and read.

If anything is wrong with them, it's that some values might need tweaking, rather than a misspelled or missing tag.

1 minute ago, zarantha said:

I hadn't, but i'm pretty sure they wouldn't work at all if I had done something wrong with the xml tags. I can check though. XML is pretty easy though, to edit and read.

If anything is wrong with them, it's that some values might need tweaking, rather than a misspelled or missing tag.

I think this might suggest other methods and optimizations too. Someone in the comments said "Basically the validator is run after you finished coding and scripting, checks if its up to standard and even suggests better/more efficient/faster coding/scripting methods to use less lines which means lighter script footprints. "

34 minutes ago, TrickyK said:

@zarantha I'm sure you saw this in the FSMP discord, but have you tried this out yet?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/68803?tab=description

I was going to use it to error check the XMLs, but I'm pretty clueless on how to edit them.

Some values had an error, but I don't believe those are the reason for why the chains are a problem.

Prisoner chains - the XML passed validation with no errors.

Ankle chains - it didn't like that I had .5 or .1 for values instead of 0.5 or 0.1. That is probably cosmetic since those are the best working chains.

Everything else - if there was an error, it was a copy/paste error where one value was '0.' - again, probably cosmetic.

I've fixed these and the will be in the next version.

To edit them, just open them in notepad++. They're very readable, unlike trying to read PE XMLs in a text editor.

For example, this is one of the errors i mentioned for the ZaZAnkleChainsRagDollsSMP.xml:

image.png.3e6b141427caf57678c0f2f8fb007d5b.png

Change the .5 to 0.5 and save again, and it'll complain about that .1 on the next line.

23 minutes ago, TrickyK said:

I think this might suggest other methods and optimizations too. Someone in the comments said "Basically the validator is run after you finished coding and scripting, checks if its up to standard and even suggests better/more efficient/faster coding/scripting methods to use less lines which means lighter script footprints. "

I had no suggestions other than 'fix your numbers!' lol

On 5/29/2022 at 1:37 PM, zarantha said:

@Kimy

This is the issue with DD for Him after localization was removed that I've brought up before. It affects some descriptions and device names in For Him. You'd need to compare to the For Him ESP from 5.1 to correct it, or the other ESMs. Below, the 'For Him000.esp' is the LE esp. The other For Him is the one where I've corrected this for SE.

It affects Armor, Object Effect, Message, and Magic Effect categories.

image.png.835480153f21dc922d9ddc2adbc2004d.png

image.png.ebcfe975ca01430f4dc3547715bb0dc7.png

I guess I will just revert any changes to DDFH since 5.1.

12 hours ago, circuit said:

Request/idea for a new item: Restrictive Leggings.  They use the upper part of the restrictive boot model, but end in a simple 'sock' instead of a ballet boot.

Also can be made Restrictive Mittens, quite simple - combine restrictive gloves with mitten part for the hand...

54 minutes ago, notwavman said:

Also can be made Restrictive Mittens, quite simple - combine restrictive gloves with mitten part for the hand...

Combining meshes is not that hard, combining and keeping Bodyslide support is a lot more work. As those are linked to parts of the body with the sliders

7 hours ago, Koozie said:

Hello,

is there any mod events send when equiping and uneqiping device?

Yes! Listed below! Should be self-explainatory: :)

RegisterForModEvent("DDI_EquipDevice", "OnDDIEquipDevice")
RegisterForModEvent("DDI_RemoveDevice", "OnDDIRemoveDevice")
RegisterForModEvent("DDI_CreateRestraintsKey", "OnDDICreateRestraintsKey")
RegisterForModEvent("DDI_CreateChastityKey", "OnDDICreateChastityKey")
RegisterForModEvent("DDI_CreatePiercingKey", "OnDDICreatePiercingKey")

Sure, the Framework has it's share of heels and boots but most of them are "ballet" style. There's a new pair of boots that are coming in 5.2 but those aren't heels and of course there is the Pony Boots. The only boots that could be considered a high-heel are the Iron Ring Slave Boots. A little bothered by the lack of any devious high-heels I scrounged around and came across the Devious Dagger heels from DoubleZero.

I figured they would make a good addition to the Framework so I asked permission from Doublezero if their boots could be used in the DD Framework and it was graciously given. The boots were already set up for UUNP BodySlide so it was easy to create a CBBE version. I didn't want to change the model too much so I simply added a lock to the zipper and made the necessary shader and texture changes to achieve a similar look of other devious devices. 

I asked naaitsab if they could create ebonite versions of the textures in addition to red and white versions, naaitsab kindly accepted and completed my request. They also made some improvements to the textures such as improving the leather and stitching. With the improved textures I created, to the best of ability, better normal maps and a specular which the original asset lacked.

Spoiler

ScreenShot22.png.af70f0c7e16dbe3ec6fb3d2585993730.pngScreenShot29.png.883604372d16fa21d6d101e18db2f756.pngScreenShot24.png.3b4289a1994a57ee02f5906d9e31612a.pngScreenShot28.png.bcd3a53689dd592d5a99b367b27551f1.png

The attached file has added these as Black/Red/White Ebonite/Leather High Heels. CBBE and UUNP BodySlides included, for checking these out in-game use the latest DD 5.2 Beta and overwrite when asked. Then build the meshes in BodySlide and test in-game.

Hopefully these will be added to the Framework.

Huge thanks to Doublezero for allowing use of their mod in the Framework.

Another huge thanks for naaitsab for their texture work on these boots.

Enjoy.

New Heels.7z

Talking about new stuff. Would there be intrest in adding Dark Deciple to the FW? I would like to remove the weird studs from the bracers. Doesn't fit the suit imho. I would suggest leaving it leather as an alternative to the ebonite suits. As we don't have a leater suit atm.

Would need a CBBE -> UUNP conversion or a pre-made conversion that allows usage. I can do the texture part but would need a hand with the BS conversion.

Or is there more intrest in the Spearhead Catsuit? Same goes for the requirement CBBE -> UUNP. Suggest leaving the weird harness out. But that is a bit midway between leather and ebonite.

image.png

Edited by naaitsab
5 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

Talking about new stuff. Would there be intrest in adding Dark Deciple to the FW?

Or is there more intrest in the Spearhead Catsuit?

Definitely the latter over the former, if its seamless-looking nature could be preserved.

I'm thinking a leather catsuit might work as a diffuse + normal replacer for the existing model.

While on a topic of catsuits, I think I remember seeing some WIP images of crotchless/unzipped versions of the catsuits that also featured cutouts for the breasts sometime around here, anything ever came out of those?

Dark Disciple doesn't really look like devices to me, just a better Dark Brotherhood outfit. Spearhead looks good, although the description says it's only 0-weight. If that could be addressed and the parts that go over the catsuit turned into their own devices, I could see it working pretty well.

5 hours ago, naaitsab said:

My preference would go to the Deciple suit. Looks way more like "sturdy restrictive leather" and material wise it's really different from ebonite. The spearhead is borderline ebonite so might need (to much) work to really "leatherfy".

Does everything need to be available in both ebonite and leather?

8 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Dark Disciple doesn't really look like devices to me, just a better Dark Brotherhood outfit. Spearhead looks good, although the description says it's only 0-weight. If that could be addressed and the parts that go over the catsuit turned into their own devices, I could see it working pretty well.

Does everything need to be available in both ebonite and leather?

Not everything, but we already have a ebonite catsuit, no leather one. So adding another ebonite one and skipping on the leather would be a bit daft. Also the material looks a bit like chinaware wetlook fabric compared to the sturdy leather. And it would take more time than I want to invest into it to fix that.

16 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Or is there more intrest in the Spearhead Catsuit? Same goes for the requirement CBBE -> UUNP. Suggest leaving the weird harness out. But that is a bit midway between leather and ebonite.

The spearhead catsuit has some very nice gags/'face masks' and blindfolds that should absolutely be implemented at some point.

Seems there is more intrest in the Spearhead. I do like it myself but not really as a leather suit. But for either suggestions I/we need someone who can bodyslide it. As the default CBBE also does not play nice with the current DD BS files. So it would need a fix for the CBBE to "DD CBBE" and to UUNB.

But as the old saying goes, why not both? :P I already did the texture mod for the Dark Disciple suit as they provided the texture source files.