Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

Once again, can you fix the regular black panel gag Armor Addon?

It should be "zadx_GagEboniteHarnessPanelAA" instead of "zad_gagHarnessPanelOpenAA".

Because it has been using the "zad_gagHarnessPanelOpenAA", it has been causing a weird hybrid half ebonite/half leather panel gag being equipped ingame.

I have reported this problem multiple times, and it seems to not get fixed or even noticed (probably does, but it feels like it's just being ignored.) It's been like this since the last major official update.

It should be "zadx_GagEboniteHarnessPanelAA" instead of "zad_gagHarnessPanelOpenAA".

Because it has been using the "zad_gagHarnessPanelOpenAA", it has been causing a weird hybrid half ebonite/half leather panel gag being equipped ingame.

I have reported this problem multiple times, and it seems to not get fixed or even noticed (probably does, but it feels like it's just being ignored.) It's been like this since the last major official update.

I have noticed this as well and like you I find it rather bothersome. I don't use the panel gags because of this

I have noticed this as well and like you I find it rather bothersome. I don't use the panel gags because of this

I literally had to make a patch using my own mod to rectify this problem. But it is something that needs a perma-fix.

short question.

since more and more mods getting their advanced functionality back thanks to skse64 alpha, how likely is it that dd will become compatible with sse?

As SKSE and SkyUI are still in a very alpha stage I don't think that will happen any time soon. I think we would need to wait if SexLab itself can even be ported before moving on to other sex mods.

I don't actively follow SKSE64 development. If it ever reaches a state that allows SexLab to run, there is a certain chance that DD will run as well, with no/minimal changes.

If you do not mind me asking, what does Sexlab have (aside from sex animations) does DD require? Just curious.

Animation filter issue

Sometimes, if the "Use Animation Filter" is on, sexlab does not keep actors in place and they spin and rotate not keeping aligned. This includes with creatures.

Update re. this item (more details in my original post here)

Confirmed this problem is in v3.3 too

I think this might also explain why 3+ actor scenes can be very messy, and it why people like myself turn the filter off. I find it somewhat un-playable.

Animation filter issue

Sometimes, if the "Use Animation Filter" is on, sexlab does not keep actors in place and they spin and rotate not keeping aligned. This includes with creatures.

Update re. this item (more details in my original post here)

Confirmed this problem is in v3.3 too

I think this might also explain why 3+ actor scenes can be very messy, and it why people like myself turn the filter off. I find it somewhat un-playable.

It never happened to humanoid actors to me, but with creatures pretty much always... this is the reason i've asked for the third button to completly disable the check. I've always planned to do more tests on this and report more detailed, but since it's turned off during casually playing for that reason i forgot it. :(

What i can tell so far is that it's not always the same way. I've seen this rotating, but what happens more often to me is that the animation and every stage starts with a big misalignment, like the actors have a 2 meter distance on each other. After some seconds the misaliged actor jumps to the proper place just to be wrong at the next stage again. If it's rotating or jumping might depend on items (armbinder vs belt), but i'm not 100% sure about that.

In case you didn't see it: by rotating i mean that one of the actors rotates about 90 degree during the animation.

*edit: I'm 95% sure this already occured in 3.0 but not in 2.91

I have never seen rotating actors, but I am not using any creature stuff, so that's not very surprising. The animation filter is supposed to leave animations with creatures mostly alone (DD doesn't support bestiality). I will double check the code and make sure it doesn't activate for creature animations.

As a general remark, if bugs are not getting fixed, it can have once or more of the following causes:

1. I didn't get around to do it.

2. I didn't find out what's causing it.

3. I couldn't reproduce it at all.

4. I overlooked the bug report.

5. The bug report included passive-aggressive statements like "I have reported this soooooo many times before, but it's just being ignored" or "They are probably not going to fix this anyway", or "Goooosh, this has been broken since the fall of the Roman Empire, why isn't this fixed yet!"

In that case, it was a combination of #1, #4, and #5. I am honestly not sure why I am being accused of not fixing bugs, when I committed about two dozen fixes for various stuff to Github over the last week alone. Like most developers, I fixed what I thought were the most important things first. This one is a purely cosmetic issue. And for the record, I never saw this bug reported before you did it about a week ago. I don't know if it has been reported before. I am human. If you have the impression that I overlooked a bug report, by all means, repost it. It happens. Doesn't hurt to be nice about it, though.

When upgrading from a previous version of the DDI/DDx beta, is it advisable to start a new save file? I'll probably will anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Silly question, for better testing, I'll just start a new save file.

Anyway, I am not sure if it's been reported or fixed yet, from the version of DDi/DDx beta that was up on the GIT hub on 12th-Oct, whenever a horny/almost climax/climax animation played out when wearing the elbowbinder, the arms would teleport out of the elbowbinder and play the normal non-restrained animation for those events (minus the hands). When wearing the normal armbinder, the appropriate animation played. 

If it's already been fixed in a newer build, cool; disregard this report.

When upgrading from a previous version of the DDI/DDx beta, is it advisable to start a new save file? I'll probably will anyway, just thought I'd ask.

Silly question, for better testing, I'll just start a new save file.

Anyway, I am not sure if it's been reported or fixed yet, from the version of DDi/DDx beta that was up on the GIT hub on 12th-Oct, whenever a horny/almost climax/climax animation played out when wearing the elbowbinder, the arms would teleport out of the elbowbinder and play the normal non-restrained animation for those events (minus the hands). When wearing the normal armbinder, the appropriate animation played. 

If it's already been fixed in a newer build, cool; disregard this report.

From the commit list:

Fixed masturbation scenes.

Code is now aware of elbowbinders. Masturbation while belted AND bound

will now also pick the correct animation.

That's 9 days ago.

The rest of the changes (so far) can be found here for DDi:

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDi/commits/development

and here for DDx:

https://github.com/DeviousDevices/DDx/commits/development

Alright, so it's been fixed two days prior to me downloading it? That's weird. Anyway, I guess the build I downloaded was a little older than I thought. So disregard.

Tried updating my build of the DDi/DDx beta.

Either the problem is NOT fixed, that the way I am downloading a new version is not correct, or something is getting borked when installing it (which would be something wrong on my end).

Still get incorrect animations while wearing elbowbinders.

Of course maybe/most likely it's due to me playing as a Khajiit (using the beast refit mod which has probably not been updated for this beta). Gonna try on a human character.

So yeah, I am leaning on that I somehow installed the mod(s) incorrectly or somehow downloaded the mod(s) incorrectly.

As a general remark, if bugs are not getting fixed, it can have once or more of the following causes:

1. I didn't get around to do it.

2. I didn't find out what's causing it.

3. I couldn't reproduce it at all.

4. I overlooked the bug report.

5. The bug report included passive-aggressive statements like "I have reported this soooooo many times before, but it's just being ignored" or "They are probably not going to fix this anyway", or "Goooosh, this has been broken since the fall of the Roman Empire, why isn't this fixed yet!"

In that case, it was a combination of #1, #4, and #5. I am honestly not sure why I am being accused of not fixing bugs, when I committed about two dozen fixes for various stuff to Github over the last week alone. Like most developers, I fixed what I thought were the most important things first. This one is a purely cosmetic issue. And for the record, I never saw this bug reported before you did it about a week ago. I don't know if it has been reported before. I am human. If you have the impression that I overlooked a bug report, by all means, repost it. It happens. Doesn't hurt to be nice about it, though.

I am sorry if I did sound rude, but that wasn't my intention.

But you have constantly overlooked that bug report time and time again, and because of that, I have reported it multiple times with no action occurring, and no response each time.

I don't like being ignored, when I'm trying to help everyone's enjoyment of the mod, especially if it's to improve the mod in some slight way.

All I want to do is help. That's what I had intended to do, and will continue to do so whenever I can.

But please, don't just outright ignore my bug reports. You don't need to reply to them, just getting the fixes put in is enough for me.

Once again, sorry if I did sound rude before. It's just my way of venting a tad, and I didn't mean for it to be interpreted as being rude or nasty.

Alright, so it's been fixed two days prior to me downloading it? That's weird. Anyway, I guess the build I downloaded was a little older than I thought. So disregard.

Tried updating my build of the DDi/DDx beta.

Either the problem is NOT fixed, that the way I am downloading a new version is not correct, or something is getting borked when installing it (which would be something wrong on my end).

Still get incorrect animations while wearing elbowbinders.

Of course maybe/most likely it's due to me playing as a Khajiit (using the beast refit mod which has probably not been updated for this beta). Gonna try on a human character.

So yeah, I am leaning on that I somehow installed the mod(s) incorrectly or somehow downloaded the mod(s) incorrectly.

I did a complete reinstall of my Skyrim directory from scratch.

And elbowbinder still does not play the correct animations. 

I am not sure if it's because I am not installing the mod(s) properly or a bug.

I've attached the most recent Papyrus log if that is anything of use.

EDIT: I am just going to continue testing while having DD Events set to never happen, might as well not frustrate myself until I learn if it's a problem with my install or if it's a bug.

Now some feedback about the newly implemented Gag dialogue: I kinda like the old dialogue better. Felt more immersive to try and sometimes fail to get people to understand you. Now it's just "mmph" and then "(gesticulate with hands)" and done? seems too easy. But if that's the way you want it, fine. Although, maybe you could just port Cursed Loot Gag Dialogue over to DD instead?

Papyrus.0.log

Apologies if i missed this info somewhere, but are there any plans on converting the DD framework to Skyrim SE?

I already converted the DDa package (everything works with the latest BS/OS, i even improved the fit of few of the items a bit), but that was easy of course, because its the smallest and contains no scripts (except that tiny bit with GetVersion funcs), still i believe the rest can be done too.

So, does the DD team thinks the SSE stinks and will stick with Oldrim, or is there the possiblity or willingness of converting it to SSE?

Apologies if i missed this info somewhere, but are there any plans on converting the DD framework to Skyrim SE?

I already converted the DDa package (everything works with the latest BS/OS, i even improved the fit of few of the items a bit), but that was easy of course, because its the smallest and contains no scripts (except that tiny bit with GetVersion funcs), still i believe the rest can be done too.

So, does the DD team thinks the SSE stinks and will stick with Oldrim, or is there the possiblity or willingness of converting it to SSE?

DD simplky cannot function without the complete infrastructure of SKSE, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM.

Until and unless all of those components are present and fully functional in SE, porting DD would require a complete rework of several major systems. Which is something we are simply not willing to do. It would involve a lot of work and ultimately result in an inferior version. On top of it all, updating it would have to be done manually due to build divergence and mutually incompatible coding.

In short, nope. The only way DD is ever getting ported to SSE is if it's possible to do so under 10 minutes and it doesn't involve basically doubling our workload. To that end, the environment in which DD and SEDD operate must be identical.

DD simplky cannot function without the complete infrastructure of SKSE, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM.

Until and unless all of those components are present and fully functional in SE, porting DD would require a complete rework of several major systems. Which is something we are simply not willing to do. It would involve a lot of work and ultimately result in an inferior version. On top of it all, updating it would have to be done manually due to build divergence and mutually incompatible coding.

In short, nope. The only way DD is ever getting ported to SSE is if it's possible to do so under 10 minutes and it doesn't involve basically doubling our workload. To that end, the environment in which DD and SEDD operate must be identical.

What if someone else would be willing to make the conversion?

I'm not an expert at deciphering Papyrus logs, but that log file you posted here doesn't look healthy at all to me. Those thousands of error logs relating to the SKI scrpit are not normal, I guess something isn't installed quite right or maybe didn't initialize properly when starting the new savegame for the first time. SKI_* is stuff from SkyUI I think, but that's about as much as I can take from that log.

I'm not an expert at deciphering Papyrus logs, but that log file you posted here doesn't look healthy at all to me. Those thousands of error logs relating to the SKI scrpit are not normal, I guess something isn't installed quite right or maybe didn't initialize properly when starting the new savegame for the first time. SKI_* is stuff from SkyUI I think, but that's about as much as I can take from that log.

Maybe it's because I have SkyUI from the Steam Workshop. I'll try unsubscribing and grabbing it from the Nexus.

Most of the errors are with the DD MCM menu and the last few are with SexLab's MCM menu though no where near the number of errors coming from DD's menu. 

Are you starting a new game or updating an existing one? If the latter it was stated that a clean save would be needed between updating from v3.x to v4(beta). If you were starting a new game try starting the new game, save and exit, install/enable DD then reload and see if that helps. Check the MCM menu first thing and see that it operates properly. Also, before enabling DD make sure that SexLab's MCM menu is operating properly as well, if it isn't that could be a contributing factor to DD's menu not starting properly.

Maybe it's because I have SkyUI from the Steam Workshop. I'll try unsubscribing and grabbing it from the Nexus.

I suggest getting mods from anywhere else first and using whatever mod manager to manage them instead of letting the game/workshop handle them. Make sure the rest of the mods required are up to date as well.

Well installed skyui from the nexus and suddenly my log file size was cut in half. (and the new log file has a ton of errors from For the Masses, huh).

I am definitely going to see what mods I can unsub from the workshop that I can obtain from the Nexus. After which, I am going to uninstall all mods, purge the Skyrim install and reinstall Skyrim cleanly. And then hope for the best.

Steam Workshop, while a good idea in theory, not so much in practice.

To be frank though, I use NMM to manage mods. I only use the workshop to download mods I think are interesting.I mostly get my mods from the Nexus (and of course here).

I would use MO to manage my mods, except I find it a little too confusing. Last time I tried I couldn't get bodyslide to work right.

Attached newer log after reinstalling everything from a clean state (still a lot of errors, not sure why), if it can show if I am installed DD wrong or if the incorrect animation is a bug.  

Papyrus.0.log

What if someone else would be willing to make the conversion?

I'm not sure what the DD license would have to say about it. One way or another, the interested party would probably have to obtain permission and work out the details with Kimy first.

It would also be an insane amount of work and post-release maintenance. If you know anyone who's thinking about it, please, for the sake of their own sanity, try to talk them out of it! n_n

What I'd recommend is simply waiting for SKSE64 (or whatever it's called now) to come out and see if it's enough to provide all the functionality needed by Sexlab. If Sexlab ever comes to SSE, so will DD because they are both built upon the same infrastructure. If Ashal is ever confident enough to port SL over (which means he'd also have done the same for PapyrusUtil) then you can expect the rest of the major frameworks to follow suit.

DD simply cannot function without the complete infrastructure of SKSE, PapyrusUtils, Sexlab, FNIS and SkyUI MCM.

Probably ought to edit the OP and add a big topic heading "DD Support for SSE" and that as it's content so people can ignore it and still ask the same question over and over again. (Hmmm, I seem to be a bit cynical today).