I'm having a similar issue indicated above - randomly the mod will stop working. Dialogue options will suddenly disappear and the approaches will stop. Usually when I load a previous save they are all there but if I don't check frequently they could drop off. It's also odd it won't drop off after coming in and out of a specific area or even after an event, it will be fine one minute and then not the next. Wondering if you have any imput on this issue?
Another question I'm wondering - Is there anything that happens if I catch my spouse cheating? Can I end it with them BECAUSE they've cheated? so far I can't locate anything that specific.
Great mod however, really fabulous :) Thank you for the time you've put into it

@Guffel Hi, I've been trying your mod for the first time and up until now it's really great, even though i didn't try most of the content. I wish i would have found about it sooner.

I've been having the same issue that some other people mentioned where the approaches stopped working even though I could still initiate the dialogue myself.

I've been debugging a bit and found out that it happens in the RDS_NPCApproachScript when the scenePickup and sceneQuicky quests start. What happens is that the sceneIsRunning property is set to true, but since theses 2 quests don't actually do anything the property is never set back to false.

I have modified 2 scripts to fix the issue, i'll leave them here if anyone wants them.

All i did was to add an option to set sceneIsRunning to false in the debug menu and commented out the lines that check for the "lover" relationship and start the scenePicup and sceneQuicky in the RDS_NPCApproachScript, so that they can't be chosen.

I think there is a little improvement that could be made in the debug section of the mcm that could really improve the user experience though. You could add a text that prints the name and ID of the running actor, and even maybe an option that teleports him to you. I say that because i have been running around trying to find the npc that was approaching, because if they are too far away, they stop completely until you get closer to them. I can do it myself and post it here if it's no isssue to you.

Anyways, thank you for the mod, i can't wait to try it out more ?

Sexlab_RDS2dot4_DJ_Smallfix_.zip

23 hours ago, Dank_Jedi said:

@Guffel Hi, I've been trying your mod for the first time and up until now it's really great, even though i didn't try most of the content. I wish i would have found about it sooner.

I've been having the same issue that some other people mentioned where the approaches stopped working even though I could still initiate the dialogue myself.

I've been debugging a bit and found out that it happens in the RDS_NPCApproachScript when the scenePickup and sceneQuicky quests start. What happens is that the sceneIsRunning property is set to true, but since theses 2 quests don't actually do anything the property is never set back to false.

I have modified 2 scripts to fix the issue, i'll leave them here if anyone wants them.

All i did was to add an option to set sceneIsRunning to false in the debug menu and commented out the lines that check for the "lover" relationship and start the scenePicup and sceneQuicky in the RDS_NPCApproachScript, so that they can't be chosen.

I think there is a little improvement that could be made in the debug section of the mcm that could really improve the user experience though. You could add a text that prints the name and ID of the running actor, and even maybe an option that teleports him to you. I say that because i have been running around trying to find the npc that was approaching, because if they are too far away, they stop completely until you get closer to them. I can do it myself and post it here if it's no isssue to you.

Sexlab_RDS2dot4_DJ_Smallfix_.zip 41.03 kB · 3 downloads

you're amazing. i've been trying to inform the mod author about that issue for a long time now, dont think he/she believed me though. really appreciate it. this mod is awesome, just needs a few fixes for its performance.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:05 PM, Dank_Jedi said:

Sexlab_RDS2dot4_DJ_Smallfix_.zip 41.03 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you for your help! You helped me a lot by finding the issue. The problem basically was that the pickup and quicky scenes are not yet implemented and shouldn't be triggered in the first place.

I created an official fix and uploaded it as a new version.

5 hours ago, TheDragonBorn said:

i've been trying to inform the mod author about that issue for a long time now, dont think he/she believed me though. really appreciate it. this mod is awesome, just needs a few fixes for its performance.

As a mod author it is often hard to find out if a problem is with the mod or on the users side, since creating a mod conflict or playing on a corrupted safe file happens very easily. I usually wait some time to see if multiple complains of the same issue come in, before I take a look at the code.

So I did believe you, but I just didn't act on it directly.

Mods that make the people around you actually behave like people is always appreciated

I havnt had time to read all posts here so i dont know it it hasnt been mentioned but i didnt see this in the description 

Is this mod okay with mods that add more dialogue like the mod 'more to say' https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22622

or 'immersive speechcraft' https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21296

I guess they would work as they would just be different dialogue options but would they count to the relationship stuff of this mod

Another mod interaction would be interesting is with https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/48564

ORomance with its custom ui

One thing i always wanted feature wise for npcs, is for the player to be able to follow the npc somewhere, like to a specific place as a sort of invite situation

So with this mod it adds npc approaches so a npc could approach and invite you for drinks at one of the taverns or invite you over to there house for dinner

If you say yes then you can follow them to the place they invited you too

Another way thought dialogue where you have an option for "hay, where you going?" or "hay, what you up to?"

This then gets them to say where there going or what there doing where you can then ask to join them

So like you can ask an npc where they was headed before you spoke to them and they would say something like the tavern for a drink and you can then ask to join them where they would depending on your relationship with them say yes or no. If they say yes you can then follow them and they will wait for you to follow ect

It would be cool to have npcs go all over the place like having adventure npcs take you to dungeons so you can help them do there quests

This feature has technically been done before in the vilja mod you could ask the follower to take you to places and you can follow her around

I loved that idea of becoming a follower to an npc on there journey. Couldn't get on with the voice of vilja though, plus iv never seen a universal thing that would let any follower/npc lead you around

Don't think this sort of things fits your scope but it would be an awesome addon specially for it to inject into your relationship system

Perhaps you could add the smaller one where an npc invites you to the tavern to have a drink so long as your in one of the hold cities

Food for thought anyway

Edited by Starman01

Question for those of you who've played with this mod for a while (and Guffel too, for that matter :) ) - from someone who hasn't used the mod yet but is pretty intrigued by it:

From the description there are reputation implications from NPCs seeing the PC naked and/ or seeing the PC having sex. Fair enough. However, given the nature of Skyrim AI and pathfinding, it seems like it would be pretty challenging (at least with my current setup) for the PC to have any kind of sex life without serious reputation impact. NPCs think nothing of wandering into inn-rooms, for example. I guess once you have a player home, that's relatively safe too.

But if anyone has any experience on how to effectively have a sex life while still maintaining a decent reputation with this mod, I'd love to hear about it.

It's no problem, I am just glad to have been helpful.

9 hours ago, Guffel said:

The problem basically was that the pickup and quicky scenes are not yet implemented and shouldn't be triggered in the first place.

Yeah, that was my guess when i saw that there was no dialogues and the quests scripts were empty.

I have a question and a suggestion

- Maybe i missed an option but when you are in a relationship, is there currently no way to breakup with the npc ?

- In the generic dialogue, the npcs tend to repeat the same exact line multiple times in a row, which i think breaks immersion a lot. It would be better if they couldn't repeat the same line twice in a row.

3 hours ago, Anunya said:

NPCs think nothing of wandering into inn-rooms, for example.

I could be wrong but i don't remember my reputation changing when having sex in an inn room. I could have been lucky though and nobody saw or tried to enter the room. I don't remember if that happened.

I guess they would work as they would just be different dialogue options but would they count to the relationship stuff of this mod

I don't know those mods but I am pretty sure the dialogues from them could never change the relationship status from this mod without them using it as a soft or hard requirement to update RDS variables. Now, from what i understand, if those mods start a sex scene, then the actual sex scene will change RDS reputation, if someone sees or hears you.

8 hours ago, Starman01 said:

One thing i always wanted feature was for npcs is for the player to be able to follow the npc somewhere, like to a specific place as a sort of invite situation

So with this mod it adds npc approaches so a npc could approach and invite you for drinks at one of the taverns or invite you over to there house for dinner

If you say yes then you can follow them to the place they invited you too

I also would really love a feature like that if possible in the future. Mostly the fact that npcs could invite you to the local inn for a drink. It sounds really great.

Thanks again for the mod, I think that there is clearly not enough relationship based content in skyrim, and I was a bit disappointed with most of the mods that i tried that do that. It shares a lot of similarities with a mod idea i've been having for a while now but have been lacking the motivation to start working on it yet. (And also the fact that i don't know much yet about how the creation kit works. i only know how to script ^^')

Edited by Dank_Jedi

Hi, Thanks a lot for this mod. Been using it for a long while now.

Quick question. Is it normal that the arousal of the player increases very fast when conversing with an npc :P ?

Edit: Also is there somewhere a changelog?

Edit 2: nvm, found the changelog..

Thanks!

Edited by DarkSoul000
11 hours ago, T-lam said:

Had it working, but forgot how to do.

How select a npc in the debug menu ?

The former name remains, select with "E", have in crosshair, enter, select with "N".

No success with all combinations.

You use a spell, not a hotkey.

2 hours ago, Siudhne said:

This mod sounds quite awesome, but I'm a bit wary about the "reputation never recovers" part. Won't that mean you'll be a whore if you play long enough, no matter what? (Unless you are willing - and capable - of killing everyone)

That is technically true, you'll end up as the whore eventually by now. But I plan to make a recovery system for the reputation in the next update. At first I liked the idea of unavoidable doom, but now I realized it goes a bit too fast and restricts the gameplay too much.

At the moment you can set the reputation drop to one and and have sex indoors to keep the rep loss at a minimum.

2 hours ago, Guffel said:

That is technically true, you'll end up as the whore eventually by now. But I plan to make a recovery system for the reputation in the next update. At first I liked the idea of unavoidable doom, but now I realized it goes a bit too fast and restricts the gameplay too much.

At the moment you can set the reputation drop to one and and have sex indoors to keep the rep loss at a minimum.

What if I use Defeat mod and I lose fight and my char will be "taken" against will. Reputation also going down or that dos not count ?

9 minutes ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

What if I use Defeat mod and I lose fight and my char will be "taken" against will. Reputation also going down or that dos not count ?

Yes that's basically what happens. If RDS can associate the respective location with a hold, which it usually can, it will reduce reputation as normal. But you can set non-consensual sex to not be recognized by witnesses, so you don't get a whore rating from getting violated.

9 hours ago, TheDragonBorn said:

i haves noticed that if you reload your save it kinda messes up a bit...like you cant be approached unless you initiate with atleast one npc first. 

It could be that the modified script from the update does not get loaded into the safe properly.

I recommend a clean safe and cleaning of orphaned scripts.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, Shinobi7 said:

During some of the dialogue options, the approacher asks for sex and there is no option to delcine - it launches directly into the "you're the best! let's do it now then" dialogue. There is apparently no escape or way to decline.

Couldn't reproduce this at will as it seems randomn, but it happened again recently during dialogue. Thought i'd flag it...

So I finally made an NPC her lover, but I'm not sure things are going as they should... They had sex, then she told him she had feelings for him and they became lovers. After that (and like 30 seconds after having sex), she tried to talk to him and he asked for sex. I had her accept so he wouldn't get angry and they had sex again. Then she tried to talk to him again, and AGAIN he asked for sex and when she said no, he complained about needing relief (release?) soon. The fuck? O_o Is that normal? Cause he's a follower, and she needs to be able to talk to him frequently without having to piss him off every few minutes, heh

Edit: Yeah, this is definitely not working. She denies him and he'll talk to her once, then he asks again. And again. AND AGAIN... Even if she gives it to him, he immediately asks again. It's making him unusable as a follower.

Edit 2: Could arousal be the problem? Cause I let a scene go on and on for 10 minutes (I have auto advance stages off), and afterwards, I checked both their arousal and it was exactly the same. She was at 18, he was at 99, both before and after. And sure enough, he asked again...

Edited by ShenGo
6 hours ago, ShenGo said:

So I finally made an NPC her lover, but I'm not sure things are going as they should... They had sex, then she told him she had feelings for him and they became lovers. After that (and like 30 seconds after having sex), she tried to talk to him and he asked for sex. I had her accept so he wouldn't get angry and they had sex again. Then she tried to talk to him again, and AGAIN he asked for sex and when she said no, he complained about needing relief (release?) soon. The fuck? O_o Is that normal? Cause he's a follower, and she needs to be able to talk to him frequently without having to piss him off every few minutes, heh

Edit: Yeah, this is definitely not working. She denies him and he'll talk to her once, then he asks again. And again. AND AGAIN... Even if she gives it to him, he immediately asks again. It's making him unusable as a follower.

Edit 2: Could arousal be the problem? Cause I let a scene go on and on for 10 minutes (I have auto advance stages off), and afterwards, I checked both their arousal and it was exactly the same. She was at 18, he was at 99, both before and after. And sure enough, he asked again...

That's definitely not normal behavior. Even "partner" are restricted to the approach cooldown. It sound more like the Forcegreet package doesn't get shut down or the respective quest stage does not advance.

If I recall correctly the quest will reset itself automatically if the approach isn't completed after a few hours. Try waiting for 12 hours in game to see if the approach stops. Otherwise try reloading an earlier save and see if the approach gets stuck again.

But I will look at the quest to see if theres a bug.

On 6/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, Shinobi7 said:

Couldn't reproduce this at will as it seems randomn, but it happened again recently during dialogue. Thought i'd flag it...

I will look into it and see if there's a hidden bug.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:19 PM, TheDragonBorn said:

will this ever receive a SE update with the approach fix?

I never answered this, I plan to create an official SE version once the last mayor update is out.

I don't know how steep the learning curve is, modding for SE, but a simple port can't be that hard.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, DarkSoul000 said:

Quick question. Is it normal that the arousal of the player increases very fast when conversing with an npc :P ?

Yes that's on purpose. Depending on your sexuality and if flirty dialogue is used the player arousal is insreased.

IIRC you can set if your character is submissive or not and only gets aroused when the npc is mean, nice or both.