[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

Hello.

I have a mod related question. I'm using the latest version of Toska, but after a very susccessful blitz on an enemy keep, my dungeon has filled with about a dozen female prisoners, which means I now get the "male ruler rapes prisoner" event every 10 seconds or so. Is there a way to tweak its frequency in the mod files? If yes, where would I have to go and do I need to download modding tools?

Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, all the modding tools you will need is simple text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, or similar).

You need to go to mod directory and go to events directory for this mod. Copy the file DWTRandom to another location (to keep backup), then open DWTRandom from events directory. Thenfind "Female adult prisoner draws the attention".

This is event 500. In it's description there are lines

"mean_time_to_happen = {
        days = 180

(...)"

Just change 180 to bigger value. With your full dungeon, I would suggest 720 or higher (a chance about once a 2 years for each prisoner).

Save changes and run game.

Warning: It could happen that a new game would be required, because old saves would not be compatible with modified version. If something like that happens, copy back the backup version of DWTRandom (to return to old saves). 

not sure if it's this mod but the check where Harley rewards or "punishes" the player for staying faithful or not has an issue. everything was fine, Harley was giving me the faithful event pretty frequently, then I got her pregnant and decided to marry her. I think maybe she did a check for whether the player is married, saw that I was and gave me the unfaithful "side chicks/side dicks" event, not realizing that she is the wife.

There seems to be some issues with the Lilith society quests, sometimes a quest would popup with no target, or a second quest pops up while another quest is active, or if you become the leader sometimes you issue quests for yourself.

Lilith's touch is working very oddly, based on what I have seen so far, unless the target is part of the society quest, it will take you to the final event, the event where they know its you and you get  -100 opinion from the target, the opinion penalty doesn't seem to stick either.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to trigger the event chains? I've been playing with this mod for almost 100 years and the only event chain I have gotten is the very first one. Also that first one happened with my characters father does that mean it won't or I won't be able to continue it with my current character?

Is it just me, or are the events with Harley not firing? I have the society disabled but I am not sure that should do anything to it, also another thing I noticed is, when you want to perform scrying as a member of the hermetic society, in desription it says, "as a member of lilith society" or something along those lines, dunno why tho. The main problem is the Harley one, also the end of education events are not firing. This all happened when I installed the latest version of your mod and replaced the remixed one without society from time when you werent active. (I started a new game, so it shouldnt be anything to do with continuing some old one)

9 hours ago, rhipeen said:

also another thing I noticed is, when you want to perform scrying as a member of the hermetic society, in desription it says, "as a member of lilith society" or something along those lines, dunno why tho.

I can tell you why this is happening. For some reason Toska edited the localisation for all other societies and changed them to reference lilith instead of their own society. It's kinda weird.

On 21. 12. 2017 at 1:44 AM, MrBlazzar said:

I can tell you why this is happening. For some reason Toska edited the localisation for all other societies and changed them to reference lilith instead of their own society. It's kinda weird.

It is, but this would still be more acceptable then some events not working. Without the educational ones, or Harley ones, the DW ck2 game seems a lot emptier...

23 hours ago, rhipeen said:

It is, but this would still be more acceptable then some events not working. Without the educational ones, or Harley ones, the DW ck2 game seems a lot emptier...

I see why it's not working. He commented out some code but left in the trigger of "has_character_flag = dw_npc_harley. This makes it so you have to be harley to get harley's events.

It's a quick fix go into the DWToska\events open DWTHarley.txt and under event id DWTHarley.1000 add a # before the has_character_flag = dw_npc_harley in the trigger section.

That should fix the harley events not triggering in theory.

Also I assume by education events you mean like training children in martial and such? The things that are edited in this mod should not conflict in anyway to those events, at least from what I can see.

I'm not able to gangbang my troops, not sure exactly why.

My female leader is allowed to lead armies and is leading the army, but there is no decision to do so.

Also not sure if it's this or the Dark World Reborn thread i should ask this, but i seem to remember that it was possible to whore yourself out if you had built a Bordello or Red Light District, but that option is not showing up either, and i can't visit the Exotic Emporium either when constructed.

Anyone with similar issues? I've only installed the Dark World Reborn mod, Beyond Heresy and Toska, no other mods other than larger UI and graphic mods.

2 hours ago, Jappercut said:

My female leader is allowed to lead armies and is leading the army, but there is no decision to do so.

The game code says you:

- Need to be 14 years

- Female

- Have over 150 piety

- Have the succubus trait

- Leading the army

- Not chaste, incapable, or celibate

And as a side note to the developer:

There's a bug in your code. The age restrictions on getting pregnant does not check for immortals. So if you're an immortal, over age 45, and healthy, you literally have no zero cost or drawback for using this ability. It's free, and free forever. So maybe for balance's sake, add a universal risk factor or something.

2 hours ago, Jappercut said:

Also not sure if it's this or the Dark World Reborn thread i should ask this, but i seem to remember that it was possible to whore yourself out if you had built a Bordello or Red Light District, but that option is not showing up either, and i can't visit the Exotic Emporium either when constructed.

Anyone with similar issues? I've only installed the Dark World Reborn mod, Beyond Heresy and Toska, no other mods other than larger UI and graphic mods.

The Bordello events are from Dark World Reborn. And they should be working. Odds are you're running DWR 2.7 version of the mod on a 2.8 game, or vice versa, since that patch broke most events.

7 hours ago, veedanya said:

The Bordello events are from Dark World Reborn. And they should be working. Odds are you're running DWR 2.7 version of the mod on a 2.8 game, or vice versa, since that patch broke most events.

I am indeed using 2.8.1, so is the newest version of DWR (1.57) broken with 2.8.1?

I went into the code myself and looked around, got most events to fire by removing some of the requirements. 

It seems that whether you have a Bordello or Red Light District isn't properly checked, since removing that requirement alone fixed it. (same with all the other building requirement events)

7 hours ago, veedanya said:

The game code says you:

- Need to be 14 years

- Female

- Have over 150 piety

- Have the succubus trait

- Leading the army

- Not chaste, incapable, or celibate

I meet all requirements, but the event seems to be randomly appearing and disappearing every now and then (not related to piety, since i have plenty of that).

On 23. 12. 2017 at 6:22 PM, MrBlazzar said:

Also I assume by education events you mean like training children in martial and such? The things that are edited in this mod should not conflict in anyway to those events, at least from what I can see.

No, I am talking about the ones when your child or child in your court becomes 16yo and you get to have some fun, and thanks for the Harley problem btw.

or not, the Harley events are now broken in entirely different way, I did what you told me to do and the events returned, the only problem is that harley gets pregnant out of nowhere with my 2yo daughter, she died and then appeared one harley event concerning her with --no character-- all over the place, after new Harley came she killed me few days afterwards because she was jealous of me having another lover, despite not being in love with her and only knewing my character for a stupid few days, even funnier is that in that short period of time she managed to get pregnant with my 0yo son... well, this is something for doc I guess

1 hour ago, rhipeen said:

or not, the Harley events are now broken in entirely different way, I did what you told me to do and the events returned, the only problem is that harley gets pregnant out of nowhere with my 2yo daughter, she died and then appeared one harley event concerning her with --no character-- all over the place, after new Harley came she killed me few days afterwards because she was jealous of me having another lover, despite not being in love with her and only knewing my character for a stupid few days, even funnier is that in that short period of time she managed to get pregnant with my 0yo son... well, this is something for doc I guess

Interesting. I didn't look to deep into the files just did a quick look. Might take a stab at it soon if I find some time. Will also look into the other issue if I get time.

The "dark impregnation" option simply doesn't appear.  My character is female, 30ish with 195% fertility and the high priestess of the cult, but she isn't able to use dark impregnation on herself or any other gal.  I kept waiting for dark power to build up, but its over 3000 now and the option still isn't there!

• 2 weeks later...

Reason for Holy Impregnation not appearing for female player, is that in the decision file, Toska set filter = court, but this sets it to be available to everyone in the court excluding the player. You need to change it to filter = court_including_me. I just figured this out.

15 hours ago, RenFL said:

Reason for Holy Impregnation not appearing for female player, is that in the decision file, Toska set filter = court, but this sets it to be available to everyone in the court excluding the player. You need to change it to filter = court_including_me. I just figured this out.

Wow thanks for this. Was looking around for a long time on how to get the option

• 3 weeks later...

Archived