[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

I've been having issues with being in the Lilith's Own society but getting a mission while I'm already on a different mission-- and then suddenly no longer having access to the ability it wants me to use for the mission I'm supposed to be on! Like, even if I wipe the assigned mission out entirely, some powers (first demonic possession, then touch of Lilith) just flat-out disappeared... and then the mission would randomly come up as failing later on for no related reason. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's also slightly weird to be the High Priestess of Lilith's Own and be giving missions to myself. Would've thought there would be some sort of way to give missions to the other members rather than still have random missions come up when I'm supposedly in charge, but I'm assuming that's just how the DLC does it. Which doesn't make it any less weird, but eh.

I'm going to try the 1.35-validated download from the previous page and see if it fixes my odd problem, but if that doesn't do it does anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Nope, no change at all, even on a new start. I'll start doing missions, and then after successfully completing a few I'll do an action that should've completed a mission... but instead the mission stays there in the listing, and all my available powers go away. For an example, I was supposed to sacrifice a virgin. So I kidnapped someone who had the Virgin modifier tab, did the sacrifice, and... it just treated it as a regular sacrifice to Lilith. Except that now I couldn't sacrifice anyone else, or use any of the other powers. Just really weird.

This mod is seriously broken, so my advice would be to wait until Toska or someone else fixes it. I've personally tried to fix it, but came to the conclusion that a major rework was necessary, and I just don't have the time/motivation to put that much work into a mod that has so many features I don't like.

I've been having issues with being in the Lilith's Own society but getting a mission while I'm already on a different mission-- and then suddenly no longer having access to the ability it wants me to use for the mission I'm supposed to be on! Like, even if I wipe the assigned mission out entirely, some powers (first demonic possession, then touch of Lilith) just flat-out disappeared... and then the mission would randomly come up as failing later on for no related reason. It's incredibly frustrating.

It's also slightly weird to be the High Priestess of Lilith's Own and be giving missions to myself. Would've thought there would be some sort of way to give missions to the other members rather than still have random missions come up when I'm supposedly in charge, but I'm assuming that's just how the DLC does it. Which doesn't make it any less weird, but eh.

I'm going to try the 1.35-validated download from the previous page and see if it fixes my odd problem, but if that doesn't do it does anyone else have any ideas?

Edit: Nope, no change at all, even on a new start. I'll start doing missions, and then after successfully completing a few I'll do an action that should've completed a mission... but instead the mission stays there in the listing, and all my available powers go away. For an example, I was supposed to sacrifice a virgin. So I kidnapped someone who had the Virgin modifier tab, did the sacrifice, and... it just treated it as a regular sacrifice to Lilith. Except that now I couldn't sacrifice anyone else, or use any of the other powers. Just really weird.

This mod is seriously broken, so my advice would be to wait until Toska or someone else fixes it. I've personally tried to fix it, but came to the conclusion that a major rework was necessary, and I just don't have the time/motivation to put that much work into a mod that has so many features I don't like.

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. It's kind of a shame... I do like quite a bit of what this mod has on offer, and it's required for Beyond Heresy, which had among other things the useful ability to spread the various mod races throughout the lands so you could run into them randomly. Ah well.

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. It's kind of a shame... I do like quite a bit of what this mod has on offer, and it's required for Beyond Heresy, which had among other things the useful ability to spread the various mod races throughout the lands so you could run into them randomly. Ah well.

The main issue I found was with the Lilith society. Toska basically copied it from the vanilla Satanic society and wrote a trigger that allows anyone with certain traits to become a member. Now that's all well and good if you want ten thousand hedonists running around, but when they start turning your virgin daughters into cheap whores and otherwise mucking up the line of succession for you and every other ruler in the world, it gets really annoying.

Essentially, if a character is 16 and a virgin, he or she WILL be turned into a lustful, hedonistic slut by one of the society members and there's nothing you can do to stop it. All your bishops will be turned, rulers will screw people to death via sacrifice, and there will be no one untainted left to marry. Add to that, a yearly pulse that triggers for any character with those traits (even members of other societies) and adds other undesirable traits, you have a recipe for total disaster.

Now I've tried to tweak things to a more manageable level, but each time I think I have it right, the society ends up broken and nobody can join it. So... Aside from totally rewriting it, which means a ton of work, there's nothing I can do. It's a great mod and there is a lot I love about it, but the society needs to be scrapped and rewritten properly by someone with the time and patience to do it right.

it's required for Beyond Heresy, which had among other things the useful ability to spread the various mod races throughout the lands so you could run into them randomly. Ah well.

Alright, so - I haven't looked into the Toska or beyond heresy files a whole a lot, but if you want it for that purpose, and considering this:

The main issue I found was with the Lilith society.

is true, then also considering this:

all the >>has_dlc = "mystics"<< lines from this mod

there is a way. Or rather two

Option 1 (easy but meh): Turn of the mystics DLC

Because of Toskas (unnecessary) checks the whole society won't pop up without mystics DLC, so you'll have Toska without the problematic part and can install heresy.

Option 2 (requires editing lots of files): Search in Toska for all instances of >>has_dlc = "mystics"<< and turn it into something that always returns false.

Same effect as above, but you can still play with the DLC without too much coding.

With both options you can still use beyond heresy.

Of course without the main purpose of the mod, since it requires the society, but all other features should be there.

This would require testing, but if you stick with option 1 (at first) it's not that much work to check.

or just turn devil worshipers in the game rules on starting a new game cause how Toska created the Lilithian Society by copying Satan's own it turn off both of them and leaves the other Societies active   

There's still the problem where Lilithian events would trigger for members of other secret societies. Even with devil worshippers disabled, I was getting the Brazen Cow event and the "the twisted acts of your devil worship have warped you in body and/or soul, enjoy a new negative trait" event as a Hermetic. With the Toska mod active, any society character that lives long enough will end up a maliciously insane hunchback.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, under this mod or regular dark world, is their a way to modify "asset" sizes once a character already exists? (Breasts/dick/whatever)?

Its in a matter of knowing the trait name and using add_trait x character id here's an example

dick_tiny

dick_small

dick_average

etc.

but you can find the list of treats in dark world proper under common/dw_traits.txt for their exact naming 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, stop using this mod, it's clearly not being updated for the time being, and the latest update for DW completely changed the event ids for the "spend time with" events which has borked a whole bunch of dependency mods.

I'd recommend picking out the pieces you like from toska and building your own homebrew mod (Mine has some of Noxbestia's work with my own manual fixes for incompatibilities)

Guys, stop using this mod, it's clearly not being updated for the time being, and the latest update for DW completely changed the event ids for the "spend time with" events which has borked a whole bunch of dependency mods.

I'd recommend picking out the pieces you like from toska and building your own homebrew mod (Mine has some of Noxbestia's work with my own manual fixes for incompatibilities)

Agree and I've done the same thing.  Only PITA part is the Lilithian religion mod (Beyond Heresy) isn't actually that bad as an Idea but that creator has made it dependent on this mod.  I've just dealt with removing both of them games get too messed up other wise.

If i was on your place, I would certainly modify the mod... for personal use of course.

Get rid of buggy content - like Liliths Own and keep vanilla events and some flavor events.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about the mod.

Toska hasn't posted anything in very long time. And people haven't taken over temporarily the mod... so yeah, nothing to do.

Just get rid of buggy content and try to play.

I've just started playing with the dark world mods you listed in under your requirements (excluding the futa mercenaries) and I've got to say I enjoy it quite a lot. There are a fair amount of rough edges however. Just a disclaimer, I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I say this because a lot of mod makers are hyper sensitive to criticism.

It's fine, don't worry. The only thing I'm really sick and tired about hearing is the Dog Procreo stuff. My mod does not and will not hand out guard dogs to the AI. So if you do not want any dog mischief, simply don't buy a dog and it'll be all good. Unless: You also have Noxbestia's mod installed. And that's what I'm sick and tired about hearing: Once you have Noxbestia's mod installed? Then the dogs go haywire, as his mod hands the dogs out to the AI like candy and then all hell breaks loose. And everyone points his fingers at me and comes complaining, why *my* mod is so liberal with the dog procreo. Which I'm absolutely not. By now I'm actually so tired of getting blamed for someone elses mod fuckups that I'm inclined to throw the dog out entirely and let it be someone else's problem. Which it was from the beginning.  ;)

I offer you my most sincere and humble apologies that I did not get this fixed before my surgery.

If i was on your place, I would certainly modify the mod... for personal use of course.

Get rid of buggy content - like Liliths Own and keep vanilla events and some flavor events.

Toska hasn't posted anything in very long time. And people haven't taken over temporarily the mod... so yeah, nothing to do.

Do you happen to have a 'clean' version so to say that has the buggy content removed? I really can't part with the whole rape button and some of the other events.

Thanks

Do you happen to have a 'clean' version so to say that has the buggy content removed? I really can't part with the whole rape button and some of the other events.

Thanks

There is a list of thinks that i removed.
/common/societies -> Delete file
/common/on_actions ->  on_startup  - all
                                        on_yearly_pulse - DWTLLO.... Delete this line
                                       on_bi_yearly_pulse - DWTLLO (2 lines) Delete
                                       on_siege_over_winner - DWTLLO line
                                       on_society_bi_yearly_pulse delete all (12 lines + 1 empty)
                                        on_character_switch_society_interest delete line
                                       on_character_join_society - delete (2 lines)
                                       on_character_kicked_from_society delete 1 line    
                                       on_character_stop_showing_interest delete 1 line 
                                      on_quest_success - delete 1 line
                                      on_birth - delete (2 lines)
                                       on_adulthood delete DWTLLO line
                                      on_adolescence delete DWTLLO line

/decisions DWTLLO_decisions.txt -  delete
/events DWTLLO.txt -  delete
/events DWTLLO_misc.txt -  delete
/events DWTLLOSEX_events.txt - delete

You could also delete all DWTLLO files in /localisaton and in /gfx/event_pictures (there is whole LLO file)

Hope this will help you

There is a list of thinks that i removed.

/common/societies -> Delete file

/common/on_actions ->  on_startup  - all

on_yearly_pulse - DWTLLO.... Delete this line

on_bi_yearly_pulse - DWTLLO (2 lines) Delete

on_siege_over_winner - DWTLLO line

on_society_bi_yearly_pulse delete all (12 lines + 1 empty)

on_character_switch_society_interest delete line

on_character_join_society - delete (2 lines)

on_character_kicked_from_society delete 1 line    

on_character_stop_showing_interest delete 1 line 

on_quest_success - delete 1 line

on_birth - delete (2 lines)

on_adulthood delete DWTLLO line

on_adolescence delete DWTLLO line

/decisions DWTLLO_decisions.txt -  delete

/events DWTLLO.txt -  delete

/events DWTLLO_misc.txt -  delete

/events DWTLLOSEX_events.txt - delete

You could also delete all DWTLLO files in /localisaton and in /gfx/event_pictures (there is whole LLO file)

Hope this will help you

Thank you very much!

Thanks

Thanks

Uh, sorry for very late response. I haven't been in this topic for very long time.

Although my answer wouldn't have been very helpful, since deleted my all versions of this and older mods.

But thanks to wonderful advise of sas0066 you just have into, which you need. Yay!

Although, there's other solution.

You can always go for another mod, if you want some of the content.

For example, the Immersive slavery mod has great mechanics for slavery, rape, torture and humiliation.

Thanks

Thanks

Uh, sorry for very late response. I haven't been in this topic for very long time.

Although my answer wouldn't have been very helpful, since deleted my all versions of this and older mods.

But thanks to wonderful advise of sas0066 you just have into, which you need. Yay!

Although, there's other solution.

You can always go for another mod, if you want some of the content.

For example, the Immersive slavery mod has great mechanics for slavery, rape, torture and humiliation.

thank you!

Archived