[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

If i was on your place, I would certainly modify the mod... for personal use of course.

Get rid of buggy content - like Liliths Own and keep vanilla events and some flavor events.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about the mod.

Toska hasn't posted anything in very long time. And people haven't taken over temporarily the mod... so yeah, nothing to do.

Just get rid of buggy content and try to play.

I have a personalized version that I use, that I've lost track of exactly what I fixed and changed. I don't know that I'd want to formally make a project or fork of it, or include it in Beyond Heresy, unless maybe Toska declares he's no longer maintaining the original, but I could possibly post it at some point for those who wanted it if there's demand.

I have a personalized version that I use, that I've lost track of exactly what I fixed and changed. I don't know that I'd want to formally make a project or fork of it, or include it in Beyond Heresy, unless maybe Toska declares he's no longer maintaining the original, but I could possibly post it at some point for those who wanted it if there's demand.

I, for one, would gladly welcome such decision.

Having looked over it, I had to rip out almost all of the mod's content to get it to work again under the current DW version. This is partly because a lot of the content that Toska had was old pre-Reborn stuff that he'd readded, but that DW has now also revamped and added to DW Reborn. Thus, it was largely duplicative.

What remains is a smattering of events that's a lot smaller in scope. So we'll see, I suppose. :)

If i was on your place, I would certainly modify the mod... for personal use of course.

Get rid of buggy content - like Liliths Own and keep vanilla events and some flavor events.

Unfortunately, there's nothing to do about the mod.

Toska hasn't posted anything in very long time. And people haven't taken over temporarily the mod... so yeah, nothing to do.

Just get rid of buggy content and try to play.

Pretty please post it ????

Okay, I will, once I get it all sorted and figure out where some weird bugs are coming from. (for instance, the post siege event is firing twice, and there's a decision that comes up as "decision" that does nothing, that I need to find where it's coming from)

Right now though it's mostly a few additional spells, some of the random events (collecting taxes etc), the random events, rape events, coming of age, etc.

I also have been idly adding pictures, or replacing some of them with the large-size format, though it's hardly all, just a few here and there.

Lastly, I changed the "horse" event chain so that it can be skipped by selecting the option "It's the stableboy's problem," since, well, yeah. I'll probably also add some similar escape to the guard dog event that can occur randomly when a female ruler is at home.

Okay, here is my remixed version. Hopefully it's not _too_ terribly broken, as I tried to fix a number of things. Again, this was done for my own personal use, and I'm sharing it by request. If Toska comes back, he's free to take any of the stuff I changed for his own use, as this was all built on work done by him (and Dewguru of course, for the original DW). All I did was muck around with it.

That said, here are some notes:

-Removed the building stuff, since that's largely been implemented in DW 1.54

-Removed the Lilith's Own stuff, since it would be a huge amount of work to overhaul that which I don't have time for. (If you want to restore it though, just copy back the files I removed, as most of the assets such as images and localization are still there)

-Tweaked several random events

-Added a spell to allow succubi/incubi to apply the sexcrazed trait to others as "Curse of Desire"

-Added some event choices to let you avoid the dog/horse events

-Tweaked or replaced a number of pictures to use large format instead of the old ones

-Altered the male ruler/forest encounter to only have a chance of applying asocial, instead of 100%

-Various minor bugfixes and typo corrections

DWToska_AlirisRemix.7z

Okay, here is my remixed version. Hopefully it's not _too_ terribly broken, as I tried to fix a number of things. Again, this was done for my own personal use, and I'm sharing it by request. If Toska comes back, he's free to take any of the stuff I changed for his own use, as this was all built on work done by him (and Dewguru of course, for the original DW). All I did was muck around with it.

-Removed the Lilith's Own stuff, since it would be a huge amount of work to overhaul that which I don't have time for. (If you want to restore it though, just copy back the files I removed, as most of the assets such as images and localization are still there)

-Added a spell to allow succubi/incubi to apply the sexcrazed trait to others as "Curse of Desire"

-Tweaked or replaced a number of pictures to use large format instead of the old ones

-Altered the male ruler/forest encounter to only have a chance of applying asocial, instead of 100%

nice job

Okay, I will, once I get it all sorted and figure out where some weird bugs are coming from. (for instance, the post siege event is firing twice, and there's a decision that comes up as "decision" that does nothing, that I need to find where it's coming from)

Right now though it's mostly a few additional spells, some of the random events (collecting taxes etc), the random events, rape events, coming of age, etc.

I also have been idly adding pictures, or replacing some of them with the large-size format, though it's hardly all, just a few here and there.

Lastly, I changed the "horse" event chain so that it can be skipped by selecting the option "It's the stableboy's problem," since, well, yeah. I'll probably also add some similar escape to the guard dog event that can occur randomly when a female ruler is at home.

Very much appreciated, look forward to it. I'll give you feedback if I come across any bugs missed if any. Thank you.

Only bug I encountered was that everywhere in the world women are married with women of other religions. Sometimes even the player character is forcefully married with one.

EDIT: Uploaded a few images and these forced marriages even seem to break bethrodals.

post-447201-0-24422100-1503937140_thumb.jpg

post-447201-0-19802900-1503937147_thumb.jpg

Only bug I encountered was that everywhere in the world women are married with women of other religions. Sometimes even the player character is forcefully married with one.

EDIT: Uploaded a few images and these forced marriages even seem to break bethrodals.

Are you using the School of Sappho mod.  Zia reported a bug over there, but the mod author never directly addressed it in the comments.

I have been playing with your mod for a little bit and all I can say is: Great Mod!

However I have found one bug/annoyance in it:

-If you have a lover in the society they can use the marry lover option and become your wife and you cant stop it.

There are two rather easy fixes I can see for this:

-Add an event you have to agree to in order for wedding to happen 

-Prevent them from targeting you with it.

With that said, I haven't played either mod yet so I don't know for certain.  Just a thought.

Hey, Reporting a bug.

Using all Dark World modules available on site.

For some reason I get missions and events from Lilith Own when I join the other societies.

The description talks about Orgasmic power even though I joined Hermetic Society.

This is a Known bug in the Last basic Version of DWR:Toska as the Lilithian Society is a buggy mess, that leaks through to other Societies. on page 18 of this thread Aliris has a mostly fixed version of the mod that has the Lilithain Socrity stuff removed.

Hey, Reporting a bug.

For some reason I get missions and events from Lilith Own when I join the other societies.

The description talks about Orgasmic power even though I joined Hermetic Society.

This is a Known bug in the Last basic Version of DWR:Toska as the Lilithian Society is a buggy mess, that leaks through to other Societies. on page 18 of this thread Aliris has a mostly fixed version of the mod that has the Lilithain Socrity stuff removed. also Some of the mods are now out dated.

Are you using the School of Sappho mod.  Zia reported a bug over there, but the mod author never directly addressed it in the comments.

I have been playing with your mod for a little bit and all I can say is: Great Mod!

However I have found one bug/annoyance in it:

-If you have a lover in the society they can use the marry lover option and become your wife and you cant stop it.

There are two rather easy fixes I can see for this:
-Add an event you have to agree to in order for wedding to happen 

-Prevent them from targeting you with it.

With that said, I haven't played either mod yet so I don't know for certain.  Just a thought.

No, not using School of Sappho. The problem also vanished after I reinstalled the validated toska 1.3.5

Hey, Reporting a bug.

This is a Known bug in the Last basic Version of DWR:Toska as the Lilithian Society is a buggy mess, that leaks through to other Societies. on page 18 of this thread Aliris has a mostly fixed version of the mod that has the Lilithain Socrity stuff removed. also Some of the mods are now out dated.

Got it, I'll just get rid of it entirely. Nothing big will be missed. Cheers

I have no idea what to tell you, other than it's not anything with my stuff, because I don't even touch marriage at all, nor have I had anything remotely similar occur in any of my test games.

Are you sure you're using the version I posted, in a comment, and not the original in the main download link?

Or if you downloaded mine, did you put it in a clean folder of its own, not just overwrite on the old mod? (because doing the latter will break all sorts of things)

I have no idea what to tell you, other than it's not anything with my stuff, because I don't even touch marriage at all, nor have I had anything remotely similar occur in any of my test games.

Are you sure you're using the version I posted, in a comment, and not the original in the main download link?

Or if you downloaded mine, did you put it in a clean folder of its own, not just overwrite on the old mod? (because doing the latter will break all sorts of things)

Can't really remember but sounds plausible that I might have overwritten. I will try out a clean install in the weekend. Thanks for the assist.

I've got a few more tweaks to make, and I'll probably post a revision (and make it a new folder name so people don't accidentally overwrite). Namely, I found a few events that were cutting off text, so I switched them to narrative format. I also noticed that some of the Secret Society localizations were overwriting vanilla game assets, so I'm removing that.

Okay, here is a version with a few more fixes, some new images, and so on. It's now in its own directory, so people shouldn't wind up with accidental overwrite problems.

I should probably note that while there's a game rule option for non-consensual conduct, it doesn't presently do anything, though someone else may decide they want to add it as a trigger for various events. I tried, but it was breaking a lot of things and I didn't want to spend that kind of time making it work. :)

DWToska_AlirisRemix.7z

Anyway, with the last posting from Toska being April, I may eventually just merge a number of things into my own mod at some point, or rather, fork this one more officially. In the meantime, if anyone has any feedback on what they like or don't like about the stuff I messed with, let me know. :)

Anyway, with the last posting from Toska being April, I may eventually just merge a number of things into my own mod at some point, or rather, fork this one more officially. In the meantime, if anyone has any feedback on what they like or don't like about the stuff I messed with, let me know. :)

It's been forever since I used this mod, but I really need to take a look at your fixed version to see what's changed and how it works. I'm very happy that there are people like you around who still carry on keeping these mods working in at least some form, and appreciate all that you do!

Archived