[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

@Aliris Any chance you could do something about "sex crazed" characters being imprisoned/banished without player interaction when in player's court, as well?

I've looked into the files (namely, events/DWTRandom.txt) and an event popup does exist where the player catches them in the act and can decide what to do, but it almost never fires.

Optimal fix would probably be to remove this strange auto-imprisonment/banishment + increase fire chance for the interactive event... but I've been unable to figure out how to do either one. :<

I'll try and take a look at it - I hadn't noticed anything much about that, as it didn't seem to break anything when I used it on others, but it wasn't in my character's court generally.

DWTRandom.txt line 691, there is a reference to an unexisting trait (tiny_tim). Any idea of where that trait might come from, if it was removed, and how can it be replaced?

The event id is .500:

#.500 Female adult prisoner draws the attention of her male captor (prisoner)

In addition, all the events for @Aliris's remix lacks a title :confused:. Not sure if it'll break anything.

There are two id = DWT.8100 in dwt_rape_events.txt. Not sure if the first can even work.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:27 AM, Aliris said:

DWToska_remix.7z

Actually, I think I found what was causing the double firing. It was listed both in "on siege over" and "on siege won". I commented out the former, and we'll see if that corrects it (I'm not sure which is the more appropriate, if it fails to fire always when it should, it might be the other.

So this version doesn't have any Harley/etc events, nor does it have anything from Toska's version of Lilith's secret society, since those are in DWR full now.

I also tweaked and gave "outs" to some events, replaced some pictures with expanded/enlarged ones, and so on.

Updated version attached.

I've given it a try, the siege events are not firing at all, was that taken out as well?

On 5/8/2018 at 8:17 PM, bicobus said:

DWTRandom.txt line 691, there is a reference to an unexisting trait (tiny_tim). Any idea of where that trait might come from, if it was removed, and how can it be replaced?

The event id is .500:

#.500 Female adult prisoner draws the attention of her male captor (prisoner)

In addition, all the events for @Aliris's remix lacks a title :confused:. Not sure if it'll break anything.

There are two id = DWT.8100 in dwt_rape_events.txt. Not sure if the first can even work.

That was probably something inherited from an earlier version of DW. A lot of the original scripts for the mod came from the first pre-rebirth/core DW. (Edit: fixed for next version)

I'm not sure which ones lack titles... did I miss something? My version is mostly just removals from the original (cutting the LLO stuff, a few other things), but I left all the localisation files in.

I'll check the duplicate event - it looks like something from the original that got missed. I've never seen it fire in my games, but I'll try and fix it.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:07 PM, Critter101 said:

I've given it a try, the siege events are not firing at all, was that taken out as well?

I've tested it and it worked in my latest version - were you playing as a female ruler? That event will only fire for male.

15 hours ago, johnhang123 said:

so is there any difference with harleys event from dw reborn and this?

I took out the harley/etc events from DWT for this due to potential conflict/overlap in my version. If you mean Toska's older one, that I'm not sure about.

1 hour ago, johnhang123 said:

so is the first version have the harley quinn event and the second version doesn't? Just want to make sure, did the original dw reborn have any harley quinn event, didn't seem like it does so I'm just curious what was the events about.

As far as I know DWR never had events for Harley, just Toska(DWT). The events I remember from DWT were either Harley causing mischief with your courtiers or trying to kill your wife/lovers to get any bastard children you had with her on the throne. Its been a long time though.

35 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

As far as I know DWR never had events for Harley, just Toska(DWT). The events I remember from DWT were either Harley causing mischief with your courtiers or trying to kill your wife/lovers to get any bastard children you had with her on the throne. Its been a long time though.

ok thanks I just don't want to be missing out on any of the cool events.

12 hours ago, Aliris said:

That was probably something inherited from an earlier version of DW. A lot of the original scripts for the mod came from the first pre-rebirth/core DW. (Edit: fixed for next version)

I'm not sure which ones lack titles... did I miss something? My version is mostly just removals from the original (cutting the LLO stuff, a few other things), but I left all the localisation files in.

I'll check the duplicate event - it looks like something from the original that got missed. I've never seen it fire in my games, but I'll try and fix it.

I've tested it and it worked in my latest version - were you playing as a female ruler? That event will only fire for male.

I'm playing as a Norse male ruler, I've started in the 8th century.  Thank for still maintaining this mod , appreciate the work.

On 5/12/2018 at 12:16 AM, Aliris said:

All of them. It isn't breaking though, it just makes the event window a bit weird. Fixing the titles would be annoying, since it would require adding a title entry for each event and then add the proper title in the localization file.

I've noticed some typo in DWT_court_events.txt (addt_trait to add_trait):

diff -u -r DWToska_remix/events/DWT_court_events.txt ../mod/DWToska_remix/events/DWT_court_events.txt
--- DWToska_remix/events/DWT_court_events.txt	2017-09-02 03:10:33.000000000 +0200
+++ ../mod/DWToska_remix/events/DWT_court_events.txt	2018-05-09 03:16:12.023472459 +0200
@@ -1574,7 +1574,7 @@
                }
                random = {
                        chance = 25
-                       addt_trait = just
+                       add_trait = just
                }
                random = {
                        chance = 25
@@ -1605,7 +1605,7 @@
                wealth = -1
                random = {
                        chance = 25
-                       addt_trait = charitable
+                       add_trait = charitable
                }
        }
        option = {                      # use the chance

My point is that I'm not seeing any issues at all. Not with any Toska-related events at least. Are you sure it's not something else you're using?

I'll check for those typo'd commands, thanks.

Is the Lilith's Curse (not plague) supposed to be randomly appearing on characters? The mod files seem to suggest it is not given randomly to characters, but in my game there are still (a substantial number of) characters generating with the Lilith's Curse trait, making them completely infertile.

On 5/19/2018 at 2:22 AM, Aliris said:

My point is that I'm not seeing any issues at all. Not with any Toska-related events at least. Are you sure it's not something else you're using?

I'm not using the bigger event mod thing, that might be because of that. I use the big interface mod instead, not sure if they are compatible. Anyhow, it's a trivial issue as it only changes how stuff is presented to the user while not impacting the functionalities in any way.

I'm only using Dark World and toska, as a mean to try them out.

Here is my error log, to make it clearer:

error.log

Edit: btw bigger events mod changed a while back, and I'm not sure if the newer version is compatible with legacy toska events. See its changelog for v2.

With 2.8 you can customize your own window event, meaning that "bigger event" from @ngppgn has become somewhat irrelevant (you can integrate it in your mod and define a specific window type). The caveat is that you'll need to call by name your new customized window. For "bigger event", it is:

window = "BiggerEventWindow"

Check the mod for more examples :)

DW:R does make use of that feature, but again it define a new type of window and call it by name. Toska still uses the vanilla event window.

23 hours ago, bicobus said:

With 2.8 you can customize your own window event, meaning that "bigger event" from @ngppgn has become somewhat irrelevant (you can integrate it in your mod and define a specific window type). The caveat is that you'll need to call by name your new customized window. For "bigger event", it is:

window = "BiggerEventWindow"

Check the mod for more examples :)

DW:R does make use of that feature, but again it define a new type of window and call it by name. Toska still uses the vanilla event window.

Hahaha! Excelent point and I didn't think it would be wise to suggest it because I assumed he knew about it and he wanted his tweaks to stay as that! Personaly, I do this mini fix, always, after every patch and update! Not very difficult actualy...! @Aliris, is it possible to implement this in the next update so this option give bigger image events? Pleeease!!! ?

Thanks anyway for your efforts!!

On 5/26/2018 at 8:22 PM, Alexer160 said:

I have a some problem. Game don't see saves, because they save in "Dark World Reborn Data_DWToska" folder.  How fix it?

Wait. Maybe trouble in compressing save files?

No, it depends which mods (not mini mods) you have ticked in the launcher. If you play with Dark World Reborn and DWToska then it will save there, if you play just Dark World Reborn then just check the data folder /saves. Hope I helped! ?

Was told to post this here since someone is making a remix for this. I'm sad to see DWToska dead. I made this a while back, which is nothing special, apart from the amount of lewd CG I converted to be ready for use. I'm not sure if there's anyone interested in using these assets in their own mods, but I sure hope so, so I'm posting here. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived