[...] I've started to look at the Apachii hair, and I'm not sure what I want to do. Here's the thing: There are only 6 or so Apachii hairs for khajiit/furries. Not really enough for good variety across all of Skyrim, and they range from punk/multicolored to traditional. So if I just give the whole world Apachii hair there won't be much variety and some will be odd. If I mix Apachii with vanilla, then we have an odd mix of high-res polished and low-res rough hair, which is kinda inconsistent.

Right now, the furries keep their original hair even if it was made for a human head. I've always thought that looked okay--the hairline is far back but hairlines on furries are a kind of theoretical concept anyway. If I restrict everyone to khajiit hair, even with Apachii we're talking only 12 hairstyles or so.

I'm inclined to leave it--let people put Apachii hair on their PCs and let everyone else be as they are. But I'm open to suggestions.

Honestly, I would much rather have a very limited selection of hairs that properly fit the heads than a lager amount of hairs that are obviously not meant for beast heads and don't look good. Which means I will probably use your patch for the plugin and the FaceGen textures but I will keep my current FaceGen meshes with the proper Khajiit hairs.

As for adding Apachii hairs, I don't think the contrast between vanilla Khajiit and Apachii hairs would be that jarring, specially considering the Apachii hairs for Khajiit are not the most "fashion/modern" looking of the whole pack. There are also mods like the Apachii Natural Retexture that help them blend better with the vanilla style.

Also, KrittaKitty ported some KS Hairs for use with Khajiit, and while the file was deleted from Nexus by mistake (at the same time as the "original" Lykaios Race page), I still have the files. The KS hairs mod allows for use of its assets in follower and NPC mods, and I even used edited versions of some hairs on the initial versions of my Shark race mod and it was all fine. So if you wanted, I could share the file with you and you could implement it with Yiffy Age to add some diversity to the NPC hairs. Obviously, the KS hairs do have that "fashion/modern" look to them, but just like with Apachii, there are natural retextures that make them look more organic (and that last one is IMO even better than the Apachii one).

For the record, Kritta's KS Hairs for Beasts mod includes something like 15 female hairs and 11 male ones, which when added to the Apachii hairs and the vanilla Khajiit ones make a number that is pretty close (and maybe even higher) to the vanilla human hair count (20 or so for human males/females). So I think if you were to use them all, it could work. Just my two cents, though.

Sure, send those files my way. I'll see what I can do with them. I'm inclined to go with a natural retexture by default, unless I can think of some way to limit fancy hair to city dwellers/rich folks.

Good to hear! Here you go, then:

The plugin is a modified version of the original KS Hairs ones, so your best bet is to delete all the non-beast headparts (easy because the beast ones have the latest FormIDs so they can easily be sorted from the older human ones) and then copy the beast ones into the YA plugin or the optional FaceGen patch, wherever you prefer.

Note that textures are not include, but the beast hair meshes point to the original KS texture paths for their corresponding human version, so having KS hairs installed (or alternatively the Natural retexture) should work fine.

Question: Is there any way to make the Kygarra schlong (not the fuzzy parts) the same shade of brown as their extremities? Is that a mapping type thing? I assume it's different than just changing a texture color, since the fuzzy parts change when 'skin tone' does.

Question: Is there any way to make the Kygarra schlong (not the fuzzy parts) the same shade of brown as their extremities? Is that a mapping type thing? I assume it's different than just changing a texture color, since the fuzzy parts change when 'skin tone' does.

Do you mean the actual schlong? Like, the thing that is "hidden" inside the sheath and comes out when appropiate (or not  :P)? Then yes, it should be possible.

You would only have to edit the diffuse texture and change the red "fleshy" area into whatever color you want (In this case, you would copy the color of the base leg/arm texture). The schlong meshes do get the same tinting as the rest of the body, but the specific part you want to edit has some shader properties that don't exactly match the rest of the body and would mean it wouldn't be an exact match of the arm/leg color, but it can be easily tweaked using NifSkope. I can show you how to do it if you want to give it a shot  :shy:.

BTW, how/why did you come up with that idea, if I may ask? Just curious.

Edited by Blaze69

BTW, how/why did you come up with that idea, if I may ask? Just curious.

Wellll in hyenas it's brownish, usually. I haven't been able to shake the fact that on the Kygarra it just looks 'wrong' to me. I think my character would look a lot better with a brown one, but I don't want to mess up the color of the canid schlongs in the process.

So you're really taking the penis itself, not the sheath? Ya, whatevs. I don't even know if a hyena has a bulb on their penis, akshuly. You'd need to create a race-specific armor addon and give it a toned-down texture.  A good first mod project. :-)

@Blaze, thx, will look, no promises. Aren't there improved texture mods for vanilla hair? I might go look at them and if I can use them to make for more uniformity across the different styles. 

How hard is it to adapt people hair to a beast head? Can I just move the skull part forward without redoing tri s and shit? I'd like to give Sofia and Vilja their own hair back.

Well, hello, it's me again. I know you have more priority tasks but what about some sparkledogs? Do you have some even "дальний КТТС" plans for furry bodypaint to make some multicolored fur like... well, like 80% of FA? I know that generic animal texture is realistic but... furries were never about realism, right? 

How hard is it to adapt people hair to a beast head? Can I just move the skull part forward without redoing tri s and shit? I'd like to give Sofia and Vilja their own hair back.

Well, it depends on the hair. Things like mohawks and such are usually easy, while more intricate designs take more work and may be hard to port. Your best bet is to give it a shot and see how it comes out. And yeah, you can forget about the .tris, they are fit for the human heads so they wouldn't match anyway. Just focus on the hair meshes themselves.

Also, I've noticed there are some issues with your Snow Elf armor meshes. Mainly, there is a noticeable gap between the body and the schlong, but there are other things like the wrong shader properties, missing tangents and vertex colors, and a file size mismatch between the _0 and _1 meshes, which is not a good sign. I'll see if I can fix it, and if I do, I'll post the fixed meshes here.

BTW, any news on the female version of the armor? I know you have a lot of stuff to do at the moment; I'm just asking to see what are your plans for it. While ideally it would be nice to have a SOS-revealing-compatible version of all the female armors, or at least the male ones from your own Skimpy Clothes pack, I understand how much work it would take. Though since the Snow Elf armor is already integrated in YA and has the "SOS Revealing" keyword, it would be nice to at least have that one.

If you ever decide to make any kind of female armors, I can easily take care of adding UUNP support to your meshes (which I assume you would build for the base UNP body), so there's that. The only thing I would ask you is to not go low on the polycount. All the DAZ ports with the 30k+ polycount have proved Skyrim is fully capable of handling even an insane amount of polys just fine, and a high polycount helps a lot with UUNP, specially in the breast/butt area because those are the regions that change shape the most (but a high polycount all over the body/armor doesn't hurt either). Plus, subdividing takes literally a single click in Blender, so it's as easy as it gets. Just my two cents, though :shy:.

EDIT: Here you go, this should fix all the issues with the Snow Elf/Ivory armor. There is some clipping and weirdness around the armpits; the original meshes had that same problem and reweighting that area is difficult, so I left the bone weights as they were. The shader/mesh issues and the gap between the schlong and the body should be gone for good, though:

Edited by Blaze69

So you're really taking the penis itself, not the sheath? Ya, whatevs. I don't even know if a hyena has a bulb on their penis, akshuly. You'd need to create a race-specific armor addon and give it a toned-down texture.  A good first mod project. :-)

I modded a bit back in '14. Did some work in 3dsmax with devious devices so they worked on males. I never tried my hand at textures though. Anywhere I can find a quick tutorial of what I'd need to do?

Nevermind, that was ridiculously easy. I didn't realize Kygarra had a separate penis color. I could get all complicated and make the penis match the arm color, but I don't think the variation will be big enough to bother noticing.

If anyone wants a brown Kygarra schlong, there it is.

KygarraPenisColor.dds

@kestrel, you need to understand the difference between an armor and an armor addon--AAs are race-specific meshes that are collected into an Armor. That's how you can have one armor that fits different races. You want to make a race-specific addon for Bretons just like there's already a race-specific addon for Lykaios. If you copy the Lykaios version (there's 4) and then make sure you add the new Breton version all the places that reference the Lykaios version, it should be okay. Then you just point the new Breton addons to your new texture file. 

Oh, and @Blaze, I'm not going to get to female armors soon. I'm playing with hair now, and still have  schlong revision to go before I start looking for another project.

Fair enough. I guess I'll have to bug you about it again once you are done with all that stuff, lol :P.

What would that "schlong revision" entail, though? I'm curious.

Edited by Blaze69

@kestrel, you need to understand the difference between an armor and an armor addon--AAs are race-specific meshes that are collected into an Armor. That's how you can have one armor that fits different races. You want to make a race-specific addon for Bretons just like there's already a race-specific addon for Lykaios. If you copy the Lykaios version (there's 4) and then make sure you add the new Breton version all the places that reference the Lykaios version, it should be okay. Then you just point the new Breton addons to your new texture file. 

Any reason to do all that when a quick recolor of the texture fixed the problem? I'm not claiming its a thing of beauty, but it's brown and I'm happy. :P

Any reason to do all that when a quick recolor of the texture fixed the problem? I'm not claiming its a thing of beauty, but it's brown and I'm happy. :P

I think he meant that as a way to have both the standard canine red schlong and your tweaked brown schlong available at the same time instead of the latter replacing the former. But yeah, unless you want your character to use the brown one and the other NPCs the red one (or the other way around), there is no actual need for that.

Nice work, BTW. I didn't check ingame but I did check your texture in NifSkope and it seems to do the trick. I'll probably stick with the traditional "red rocket" style for now, though, but I'll keep this in mind  :P.

Nice work, BTW. I didn't check ingame but I did check your texture in NifSkope and it seems to do the trick. I'll probably stick with the traditional "red rocket" style for now, though, but I'll keep this in mind  :P.

I just opened it in paint.net and used the recolor tool, I was trying to avoid losing the textured appearance. I wish making a mesh was that easy. I was so slooooooooooow at it.

Isn't it brown on all the dog races? (except lykaios, so really just vaalsark, I guess.) If you don't care about that, then you're good.

For schlongs I'm in the middle of enabling all shapes for all races for both males and females, and adding collisions if I can.

Isn't it brown on all the dog races? (except lykaios, so really just vaalsark, I guess.) If you don't care about that, then you're good.

For schlongs I'm in the middle of enabling all shapes for all races for both males and females, and adding collisions if I can.

Nope, Kygarra/Breton have their own texture set, so you can make their schlongs brown while leaving the rest of the canine races with the default red one.

So all schlongs for all races, huh? Would that also apply to Yiffy Age, or would it be limited to the standalone Hoodies? The prospect of having, say for example, the slit schlong available for the furries is interesting, specially if females are included. Though I'm pretty happy with the current sheaths, so I guess there is no actual need to do so. Whatever you want  :shy:.

BTW, if you need help setting up collisions, let me know. I can take care of setting up all of the NiStringExtraData entries that point to the .xml and stuff if you want.

Edited by Blaze69

I forgot I made a special kygarra sheath texture. I tried making one of the existing ones fit and the color was just too far off.

For schlongs, yup, furry slits and argonian sheaths. Also human peens wherever you want them. I going to do it on Hoodies first then retrofit to YA.

I may need help with the collisions. I'll come back to you if I get stuck.

For schlongs, yup, furry slits and argonian sheaths. Also human peens wherever you want them. I going to do it on Hoodies first then retrofit to YA.

Sounds good. And about the human schlong meshes for females, remember there is some work done already on that field, you don't need to reinvent the wheel.

You have the UNP female schlong already, so you don't need to worry about fitting male schlongs to female bodies. There is even an uncut schlong available somewhere in the Futa content thread; you could just take that one and simply tweak it to create the different "stages". I can search for the link if you want :shy:.

I just uploaded a bunch of patches to 2.2 for different mods that add NPCs. I uploaded a new Sofia, with her own hair and specially patterned face. And I uploaded the Faces patch for everyone. If you already got it upthread it's nearly the same, but I did rework a few of the furries who were either technicolor or insufficiently colored in the last version.

I suck at designing good furry faces. 

Can I bitch about my hair options? Yeah, stacking Apachii and KS up and including the vanilla hairs gives a pretty good variety. But all the modders got to khajiit and thought BEEEEST! and designed all these wild, wavy, out of control 'dos. Maven Blackbriar does not have a wavy, out of control do. Maven Blackbriar has a tightly controlled power coiffe. Imma go with what I got, but maybe I'll adapt one or two of the fancier 'dos for Maven, Elisef, and a few others.