The version of the mod that I use is the all-in-one edition: Populated Skyrim HELL EDITION

There are individual packages for different areas, but I imagine most players would use the all-in-one edition:

Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary Edition

Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins Legendary

Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells Legendary Edition

Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary Edition

Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary

How do you fix the issue?

The version of the mod that I use is the all-in-one edition: Populated Skyrim HELL EDITION

There are individual packages for different areas, but I imagine most players would use the all-in-one edition:

Populated Forts Towers Places Legendary Edition

Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins Legendary

Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells Legendary Edition

Populated Cities Towns Villages Legendary Edition

Populated Lands Roads Paths Legendary

How do you fix the issue?

You have to export FaceGen data for the mod's NPCs using the new heads.

The problem is that in the case of Elder NPCs, instead of giving them a new head, their original one was edited to point to Khajiit meshes instead of human ones, and the game tries to match HeadParts in the plugin and in the FaceGen data searching by name.

So, for example, using vanilla FaceGen, with Nords it reads the plugin (with Yiffy Age activated) and sees it points to "MaleHeadLykaios", but the head in the data only has "MaleHeadNord", so they don't match and the game loads the head according to the plugin info but without texture data (hence the "Grey Face bug" name, because the default human face textures are grey when they lack skin color data). But when it comes to Elders, it sees the names in the plugin and in the FaceGen match, so it loads the FaceGen even though the human head is wrong and lacks morphs.

So, yeah. TL;DR: you have to export FaceGen data with the CK with both the mod that contains your NPCs and Yiffy Age loaded at the same time so that they are given Khajiit meshes and textures (or whatever others are the right ones).

Thank you. I have very little modding experience and am wrestling to figure out the Creation Kit -- maybe I'll be able to help in the future with this info. I've managed to export the facegen data for the elderrace (male and female) from the mod but I have no idea where it went (not in the MO overwrite folder) nor if I even exported the right stuff.

Thank you. I have very little modding experience and am wrestling to figure out the Creation Kit -- maybe I'll be able to help in the future with this info. I've managed to export the facegen data for the elderrace (male and female) from the mod but I have no idea where it went (not in the MO overwrite folder) nor if I even exported the right stuff.

If the mod includes its own FaceGen data as loose files, then your new generated files would have overwritten the old ones. Check out the mod folder in MO to see if they are there. Anyway, if you load the game and the affected NPCs now have the proper heads, you'll know you did it right.

If the mod includes its own FaceGen data as loose files, then your new generated files would have overwritten the old ones. Check out the mod folder in MO to see if they are there. Anyway, if you load the game and the affected NPCs now have the proper heads, you'll know you did it right.

It works now -- thank you very much! I didn't even consider actually checking the results... I've uploaded the file in a .7z archive. I think that you would load this after Populated Skyrim Hell Edition.

If everything looks right, I hope this file that help anyone else that's having this problem.

Miraculously, 7zip seems to have compressed a 100mb folder into 268kb... computers are magic. Please be careful if you have less than 100mb of free space.

Populated Skyrim HELL EDITION ElderRace FaceGen Data for YAoS.7z

Behold, Mother Mara of the many tits:

That looks great! To be honest I was picturing the SevenBase Mara statue I linked with sone cut-and-paste extra boobs (not because of your skills or anything but rather because I wasn't 100% sure about the idea), but you have nailed it. It looks so proper, and really fits. Great work, you've outdone yourself! :D

Ah, shaddup. ;)

Yeah, I know about that. I'll fix it in the final version. If you look at most textures from the back side, they're invisible--you're seeing through to the back of her hood.

You know you can fix that with literally two clicks in NifSkope, right? Just go to the BSLightingShaderProperty of the mesh you want to fix, and go to the second flags list, right under the first one. Click on the list, and there should be an option called "Double_Sided". Tick that one, and voilà, no more invisible sides :D.

I had a look at the hyenas and I'd totally add them if they were just a bit cleaner. I'd add them as Reachmen--so all forsworn and any other NPCs that clearly have reach heritage, going mostly by name and face tattoos. That would deal with the problem of spoilers. 

But as they stand they were a bit crashy for me and the face morphs are a little wonky. The textures could be improved too, but that would be easy.

Hey, anyone else see this weird sneer thing on some of the beast races? Rabbits especially, vukasin a bit, hyenas a lot. It's like the left side of the face animates more than the right.

Btw, all hyenas in game would totally have to be futa. That's just a bit of encouragement there, in case anyone wants to clean them up. :-)

That's the first time I've cared about futa, now it sounds great, paired with hyenas for familiar groins that is.

I haven't seen any rabbits yet, but my Vaalsark's facial expression takes on a stern unhappy tone right after I leave Racemenu, including their ears lowering a little.  I guessed that there might be situational expressions now and they might not have liked where they were.  I don't mind it anyways.

Bad Dog, have you thought about making dog vaginas?  They'd fit great with most of your dicks.  I'd like those.

I had a look at the hyenas and I'd totally add them if they were just a bit cleaner. I'd add them as Reachmen--so all forsworn and any other NPCs that clearly have reach heritage, going mostly by name and face tattoos. That would deal with the problem of spoilers. 

But as they stand they were a bit crashy for me and the face morphs are a little wonky. The textures could be improved too, but that would be easy.

Hey, anyone else see this weird sneer thing on some of the beast races? Rabbits especially, vukasin a bit, hyenas a lot. It's like the left side of the face animates more than the right.

Btw, all hyenas in game would totally have to be futa. That's just a bit of encouragement there, in case anyone wants to clean them up. :-)

Futa hyenas you say? That sounds nice, count me in  :P. I would have helped with it anyway, but that is some good encouragement there indeed, lol.

Anyway, I've though about it, and maybe it would be a good idea to replace Bretons with hyenas altogether. You wouldn't need to individually alter each and every of the Forwsorn or Reach-related NPCs, and replacing racial assets is relatively easy, moreso now that everything else like hairs and eyes is set up.

Plus, I'm not too keen on Vukasin. They are not that bad per-se, but they are overshadowed by other races of higher quality like the Lykaios. Also their textures not only have some issues like some gaps/blanks here and there but they are also too bright and when coupled with the bright Breton skin tones makes them shine like the Sun, specially with certain ENBs. So, yeah, my bet would be to just replace Bretons with hyenas. We already have Lykaios for wolves, I'd rather have Bretons be all hyenas rather than some hyenas and some not-as-good-as-Lykaios uber-shiny wolves. Just my two cents, though.

I'll take a look at the hyenas, but if we do replace Bretons with them, there would be no need to use the actual Kygarra race. You wouldn't even need to add the race .esp as a master for Yiffy Age. You can just point Yiffy Age to the same file paths from the original race, and then state it is a requirement. Of course, you would have to pack your edited assets like fixed body textures and stuff, but downloading the original race would still be needed for things like head and tail meshes, so it would be OK as far as I know.

That's the first time I've cared about futa, now it sounds great, paired with hyenas for familiar groins that is.

I haven't seen any rabbits yet, but my Vaalsark's facial expression takes on a stern unhappy tone right after I leave Racemenu, including their ears lowering a little.  I guessed that there might be situational expressions now and they might not have liked where they were.  I don't mind it anyways.

Bad Dog, have you thought about making dog vaginas?  They'd fit great with most of your dicks.  I'd like those.

Ditto on the facial expressions. I've been playing with those for a while for some pics I wanted to take and I have no issues with them.

Also, I have to agree with Voldearag on this one. While not extremely interested in it, having some species-appropiate anatomy for females to match the male ones would be nice, though I see how it could be somewhat difficult. Your call, BD, but as far as I'm concerned, I most certainly wouldn't mind having it as an option  :P.

So by that do you mean the race would have futa and male as genders? Or would both sexes look the same?

Ideally, yes, both sexes would look the same, or there would even be a single sex. Unfortunately, doing such thing in Skyrim is extremely difficult, whcih leaves us with two options on how to approach this:

Option A ) would be to leave males a they are, and add a new female-only schlong that only has Bretons as Compatible Race so only female hyenas get it. Then, we can say lore-wise that there is indeed a single gender or that both genders have male and female attributes/naughty bits alike, and the fact that they look and sound more masculine or more feminine is just a matter of appearance or genetics or whatever.

This has the advantage of being the easiest to implement, because we would only have to create the schlong AddOn, and maybe we could do so by repurposing the "BadDog Slit" AddOn, which is already in Yiffy Age's plugin. Since Argonians use the same swapping system for their slits, they can be rerouted to get the Sheath Addon and then point the sheath ArmorAddons to give slits to Argonians. Then we just tweak the former Slit one to point to hyena-specific meshes and textures, and it's done. Also, if anybody doesn't want to have futas in their game, they can just go to SOS' MCM menu and set the probability for the hyena schlong to 0, so there's that.

Option B ) would be to change all of the male Breton NPCs into females, and then rely on the same Schlong method described above. Then "both" genders would look the same although voices would differ between "masculine" and "feminine" hyenas, but it would require going through each male NPC, changing their gender, and then fixing their appearance and giving them fitting female HeadParts, so I don't think it would be feasible. Also, in this case it wouldn't work for people that doesn't like futas, because turning the schlong off would leave them with all-female Bretons/hyenas but no males at all.

So, yeah. Option A would be the one.

Edited by Blaze69

Option C would be to not do anything particularly special. :)

Care to elaborate on that? I don't think I get what you mean.

Something has to be done to get hyenas to be futa, as BadDog (and I'm sure a lot of other people, myself included) would like them to be. A female-only hyena schlong needs to be made, even if it's just the female canine schlong with new textures to match the hyena ones. As I said, people that don't want to have futas in their game can just set the probability for the hyena AddOn to 0 in SOS' MCM menu, which would leave them with schlonged males (using the "Bad Dog Sheath" schlong) but with regular females, so I don't se a problem there.

Edited by Blaze69

I was thinking it might be easier to do nothing, but I guess not if it's part of the motivation for doing it lol.

Yeah, I mean, that was the point; anthro hyenas are cool, but they loose a tiny bit of appeal if they can't be futa  :P. In fact, IIRC hyenas were indeed thought to be hermaphrodites before they could be properly studied, so the idea it's not that far off, lol.

It wouldn't take that much work; as I said, either the Human or the Slit schlongs are already set up in Yiffy Age's plugin, but they serve no real purpose since we can simply set the Sheath schlong for all of the races and make it appear as the slit on Argonians and the human/Orc one on Orcs, so it would just be a matter of changing the mesh paths and stuff for one of them.

Well that was kinda creepy. started again on skyrim, redid a bunch of mods and everything and put together some textures and what not. all of the guards didn't have any heads. I'm guessing it was a problem with baddogs helmets not showing right, so reinstalled yiffy age. seems to work but they dont have revealing armor, so going to have to look more into that.

Well that was kinda creepy. started again on skyrim, redid a bunch of mods and everything and put together some textures and what not. all of the guards didn't have any heads. I'm guessing it was a problem with baddogs helmets not showing right, so reinstalled yiffy age. seems to work but they dont have revealing armor, so going to have to look more into that.

Yeah, that was probably caused by some incompatibility. Yiffy Age edits the guard helmets to set them to only hide the hair instead of the whole head as they do in vanilla Skyrim, so something else must have reverted them to taking up the "head" slot.