Well, I'm pissed. I've spent hours doing something that I now think was probably a bad idea.

I was running with SIC enabled and some of the boots don't work. So I went in to fix.

The way the boots work, is there's an armor defining the boot and an armor addon defining the appearance for each race. In the original YA, I defined a set of armor addons which just look like the appropriate race's feet. Then I attached those to the boot armor and took off the original--presto, when a race equips a boot, it equips the armor addon that looks like naked feet.

BUT the orcs and argonians worked anyway, even before I did special feet for them--they were running around barefoot. I never really thought this through, but what was happening was since no armor addon worked with their race, the engine didn't show any. The armor addons declare what body part they cover, so since the boot addons weren't equipped they didn't knock out the body's feet and the feet were shown.

Which means that the whole special naked feet boot was unnecessary. I could have just removed the armor addon from the boot armor and achieved the same effect.

All of which comes up now because in dealing with SIC's additional races, I decided to modify every boot armor addon to cover just the humanoid races--just orcs and manikins, now--add them back on the armors, and do likewise with SIC's special boots.

But now that I've done that, I realize it was all unnecessary. All I had to do was take SIC's boots and remove the vanilla races and be done.

As a side effect, orcs will now equip boots, even tho they have hooves. I thought, "sure why not" but now I don't know that I like that either. 

Any opinions? I can trash what I did and do a much simpler SIC patch, or go ahead with this. I'm leaning towards trashing and keeping the current mechanism.

Well, I'm pissed. I've spent hours doing something that I now think was probably a bad idea.

I was running with SIC enabled and some of the boots don't work. So I went in to fix.

The way the boots work, is there's an armor defining the boot and an armor addon defining the appearance for each race. In the original YA, I defined a set of armor addons which just look like the appropriate race's feet. Then I attached those to the boot armor and took off the original--presto, when a race equips a boot, it equips the armor addon that looks like naked feet.

BUT the orcs and argonians worked anyway, even before I did special feet for them--they were running around barefoot. I never really thought this through, but what was happening was since no armor addon worked with their race, the engine didn't show any. The armor addons declare what body part they cover, so since the boot addons weren't equipped they didn't knock out the body's feet and the feet were shown.

Which means that the whole special naked feet boot was unnecessary. I could have just removed the armor addon from the boot armor and achieved the same effect.

All of which comes up now because in dealing with SIC's additional races, I decided to modify every boot armor addon to cover just the humanoid races--just orcs and manikins, now--add them back on the armors, and do likewise with SIC's special boots.

But now that I've done that, I realize it was all unnecessary. All I had to do was take SIC's boots and remove the vanilla races and be done.

As a side effect, orcs will now equip boots, even tho they have hooves. I thought, "sure why not" but now I don't know that I like that either. 

Any opinions? I can trash what I did and do a much simpler SIC patch, or go ahead with this. I'm leaning towards trashing and keeping the current mechanism.

The problem with the "remove compatible AA's from Armor record" thing is that the engine bugs out with them and allows you to stack as many equipment pieces as you want as long as they all lack proper AA's. So, it would be possible to equip and stack like 20 steel boots or whatever at the same time and not only be OP on the Armor rating but also probably cause worse bugs. So, your choice, but I wouldn't recommend it.

BTW I also did the edits required to restore human boots to Orcs, Manekins and any other race with ArmorRace set as "DefaultRace". I have it in a separate .esp, so I can post it here if you want.

WTF is "DefaultRace" anyway?

A race that is not actually a race.

Nah, is just a placeholder race added to all of the humanoid ArmorAddons so that people building custom races could set it as their ArmorRace; custom races would automatically use any AA set up for DefaultRace and thus get support for any vanilla or mod-added gear without having to rely on other races (like Nord or whatever) as ArmorRace or having to go through the long and annoying proccess of adding your custom race to ALL of the game's AAs.

You know, there are a lot of things Bethesda screws up, but I have to say that this little thing was a really good detail on their part.

But it seems like not all the vanilla AA's are set up for the default race. Anyway, good to know. And do all the vanilla races have "defaultrace" as the default? Seems like not, but I spend so much time on mods that change them all that I'm not sure.

But it seems like not all the vanilla AA's are set up for the default race. Anyway, good to know. And do all the vanilla races have "defaultrace" as the default? Seems like not, but I spend so much time on mods that change them all that I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure most if not all of the humanoid ArmorAddons have DefaultRace as, well the default race (it's not in the clickable compatible race list, is a single option over it in the CK IIRC). In fact I set up the Sharkmer with ArmorRace=DefaultRace and they equip everything just fine (they used KhajiitRace in the previous version but that made them have bugs with feet when used alongside Yiffy Age because they would equip paws instead of boots).

Vanilla races don't have "ArmorRace" set up, all of them are manually added to each and every of the game's AAs. Long and tedious work, but, you know, that's the kind of thing the people working at Bethesda are paid to do, so I guess it makes sense for them to do it that way.

DefaultRace is still useful for custom races, because you don't have to depend on other vanilla races for the AA to show up. Just as an example, adding Khajiit and Argonian support to an AA is literally just a matter of four clicks, but people are too lazy (or too racist  :dodgy: ) and usually don't do it. Then, us people that do use beast races or any race that uses them as ArmorRace have to manually add them to all of the AAs, which is tedious, but oh well.

Seeing that now we are posting about other beast race mods, I recently came across some files from an old mod and I want to point out the existence of it: SabreKhajiit. It retextures Khajiit to look like vanilla Sabre Cats do, and has an optional file that gives them, well, sabre teeth. Textures are not that good and have seams, but the idea is good. Not that I want them to be used to replace any race or anything, just thought some of you may like it.

I like SabreKhajiit for being different and based on something else, although the textures don't look very good to me either.  Sabre teeth are a great option for Khajiit though.

I'll ask about something else too if we're all doing that.  What do you think about the idea of Yiffy Age growing to include feral animal stuff of some kind?  I hope that isn't too weird and irrelevant to bring up here.

I like SabreKhajiit for being different and based on something else, although the textures don't look very good to me either.  Sabre teeth are a great option for Khajiit though.

I'll ask about something else too if we're all doing that.  What do you think about the idea of Yiffy Age growing to include feral animal stuff of some kind?  I hope that isn't too weird and irrelevant to bring up here.

Could you elaborate on that? What do you mean with "feral animal stuff"? I'm intrigued.

Some suggestions for the statues, if replacing more is desired. 

-Mehrunes Dagon: Honestly this is a thought I recently had when passing by the shrine. Even if the vanilla game does not do this, I really have to think that the daedric cults would not take modesty into account when building these statues. So no matter the race that is used to represent MD, the idea of having his schlong draping over the side of the door seems to make sense. Most likely using the uncut option. 

-Definitely if Boethia is done, the obvious idea of having options in terms of gender will be asked for. Though I don't mean to bring up such an issue in this thread, I'm only referring to Boethia's gender varying between games. 

Some suggestions for the statues, if replacing more is desired. 

-Mehrunes Dagon: Honestly this is a thought I recently had when passing by the shrine. Even if the vanilla game does not do this, I really have to think that the daedric cults would not take modesty into account when building these statues. So no matter the race that is used to represent MD, the idea of having his schlong draping over the side of the door seems to make sense. Most likely using the uncut option. 

-Definitely if Boethia is done, the obvious idea of having options in terms of gender will be asked for. Though I don't mean to bring up such an issue in this thread, I'm only referring to Boethia's gender varying between games. 

I totally support this. The Lykaios-Talos statue helps a lot in making the world look like it is actually populated by furry/anthro races with lore and backstory and stuff, instead of just humans with swapped visuals. I mean, senseless/plotless furry sex is great and all, but there are times I want to actually have a history and lore and that kind of background while still playing anthro characters. The fact that said statue depicts Talos naked and with a very visible sheath schlong is not only fitting (he is a Lykaios now, after all) but also a nice sight to behold  ;) .

As for the suggestion itself, maybe once BadDog creates a female version of the Hoodies schlong, Boethiah can have a nice sheath added to her female shape  :P . In this case, it would be lore-fitting. As for Mehrunes Dagon, I think it would be best if he was replaced with a Panther/Dremora, since he is a lord of Oblivion and the Dremora and the actual Mehrunes NPC used for his voice is indeed a Dremora as well. IMO the only Aedra/Daedra that should be kept humanoid if all of them were to be furry-yfied would be Malacath, since he is basically an Orc.

Of course these are just random ideas, and there are a lot of things on the To Do list for this mod, but it would be great if it could be done sometime down the road.

Could you elaborate on that? What do you mean with "feral animal stuff"? I'm intrigued.

I thought I should leave it nondescript so it could be taken positively if there was any positivity you or Bad Dog could find in it, I'm not sure of the local taboos.  But since you asked I'm speaking of the familiar four legged beasts of Skyrim!  Cats, dogs, wolves, maybe in the world of Yiffy Age races might have an especially high respect and affinity for them.  And sex, maybe.  I'm just curious what you think about the animals these races are likened to having any special involvement with them now that they're so similar.

Also I've been hoping forever to find a way to play Skyrim as a feral wolf while still being able to dependably fight loot and interact and Yiffy Age is the only furry mod I've ever seen so I thought I might be able to shoehorn in that desire of mine but don't worry about that.

I thought I should leave it nondescript so it could be taken positively if there was any positivity you or Bad Dog could find in it, I'm not sure of the local taboos.  But since you asked I'm speaking of the familiar four legged beasts of Skyrim!  Cats, dogs, wolves, maybe in the world of Yiffy Age races might have an especially high respect and affinity for them.  And sex, maybe.  I'm just curious what you think about the animals these races are likened to having any special involvement with them now that they're so similar.

Also I've been hoping forever to find a way to play Skyrim as a feral wolf while still being able to dependably fight loot and interact and Yiffy Age is the only furry mod I've ever seen so I thought I might be able to shoehorn in that desire of mine but don't worry about that.

Oh, you mean like, Nord/Lykaios being open to some naughty action with the local wolves since they are, well, wolves as well? Or feline races "fraternizing" with their feral sabretooth conterparts? As far as I'm concerned, sure. I'll admit I would never say that is one of my main interests, but I also can't say I'm not interested in trying out such a thing  :P . Specially considering that thanks to MadMansGun, we now have anims for creature as female/bottom, so not only wolves could do Lykaios, but Lykaios could do wolves as well, if you know what I mean.

Can't speak for BadDog, he will have to be the one to answer to that, but I'll be happy to help you with that in everything I can.

Anyway, such a mod would heavily depend on scripting. I'm sure someone more proficient at it could come up with a better way to seamlessly integrate such things in the game, but in the meantime maybe you could try with some custom rules for Scent of Sex. Like, using filter in a way such that whenever there is a feral wolf around, any Lykaios (Nord) has a chance or going at it with them, maybe also having some minimum arousal requirements. That kind of stuff.

As for playing as a feral wolf, it may be possible. Not sure what kind of work it could require, but if Werewolves can work natively, regular wolves should work as well, at least in theory.

Edited by Blaze69

I totally support this. The Lykaios-Talos statue helps a lot in making the world look like it is actually populated by furry/anthro races with lore and backstory and stuff, instead of just humans with swapped visuals. I mean, senseless/plotless furry sex is great and all, but there are times I want to actually have a history and lore and that kind of background while still playing anthro characters. The fact that said statue depicts Talos naked and with a very visible sheath schlong is not only fitting (he is a Lykaios now, after all) but also a nice sight to behold  ;) .

As for the suggestion itself, maybe once BadDog creates a female version of the Hoodies schlong, Boethiah can have a nice sheath added to her female shape  :P . In this case, it would be lore-fitting. As for Mehrunes Dagon, I think it would be best if he was replaced with a Panther/Dremora, since he is a lord of Oblivion and the Dremora and the actual Mehrunes NPC used for his voice is indeed a Dremora as well. IMO the only Aedra/Daedra that should be kept humanoid if all of them were to be furry-yfied would be Malacath, since he is basically an Orc.

Of course these are just random ideas, and there are a lot of things on the To Do list for this mod, but it would be great if it could be done sometime down the road.

Personally I bring it up because I feel that some depictions in games and other media falls to rather pointless modesty, even if there are perhaps many reasons why this has to be so. But mods of this sort do not have that problem, and I would indeed agree that making these depictions more like the replaced races in this mod makes for a more interesting experience. Like Talos, the same should be done for the Ysgramor statue too. 

I used a statue mod for Oblivion that changed all the Aedra and Daedric statues in the game, adding some sort of nudity for each - even if it may not be readily apparent for some. The problem with doing a similar mod for Skyrim would be that the game has less statues of the same sort, and not even a full roster of Daedric Shrines, unlike Oblivion. Molag Bal has no depiction statue wise, other than his altar in Markarth and in the Volkihar Cathedral. Sanquine and Sheogorath appear physically. Namira has that....altar, which I would strain to think what should be done with that. Vaermina only has that stonework wall, although this mod did do something interesting with it, although it's changes does not allow the transparency effect when Erandur's spell is used on it during the quest. Meridia has her statue, as does Azura. Peryite only has that...dragon pillar? Mephala too, doesn't have any kind of statue. 

I'd suggest making the Mara and Dibella statues use the Nord(Lykiaos) race too, since they would be idealized versions of these deities, hence looking like the populace. 

There is also the Night Mother's corpse, which beyond making it a Panther(the lore does suggest she was a Dunmer, I believe), I would not suggest having the mesh look like a corpse(other than having the same pose). I'd like to think personally that her corpse does not decay to that extent, despite her "body" being bloody bones in Oblivion. Also, I'd hope the changes would not remove the "light" that appears when she first speaks to you.

I love this mod so much, I'm never going back to regular skyrim.

Me personally I'm happy as an anthro race, but I definitely understand the desire. I prefer my werewolves to shift into actual wolves, not bipedal humanoid wolves for example. What sort of challenges would there be in having a type of Feral race BadDog? I assume the quadrapedal locomotion might be challenging to make happen for the PC.

Me personally I'm happy as an anthro race, but I definitely understand the desire. I prefer my werewolves to shift into actual wolves, not bipedal humanoid wolves for example. What sort of challenges would there be in having a type of Feral race BadDog? I assume the quadrapedal locomotion might be challenging to make happen for the PC.

Well, actually if you just use the "setrace wolfrace" command on your character, you can actually play as a wolf, somewhat.

To make it work fine, you need a wolf skeleton with a 3rd person camera node or else the camera bugs out and stays underground like a metre or so under your PC; the attack/power attack anims have to be linked to the proper key inputs or else you are not able to attack (IIRC that is a matter of doing some stuff to the anim list of the .esp to link them to the proper behaviour events). Both of those are done already in some of the "playable creature" mods.

Looting and interacting should be easy (IIRC if you do the SetRace thing, you can still activate and talk and stuff), though animated activators like grindstones and smithys won't work right (not sure if they would be unaccesible or just lack animations). Hell, thanks to the way Armors and ArmorAddons work in Skyrim, you could create versions of vanilla armors fit for regular wolves and then set the whole thing up in such a manner that whenever your feral wolf character equips "human" armor, they would get the wolf version instead. Though this last thing would take a titanic amount of work.

Still, there are probably some engine bugs somewhere that render this idea impossible, though so far I haven't found them. Well, you never know.

So I've been using Glev's sexy skyrim mods, but with YA, it doesn't really fit anymore. I've been planning on changing the textures for it, with each city/general group that has a banner represented by an anthro type. so far I have Markath/goat, riften/fox, Whiterun/horse, Solitude/wolf, Falkreath/Deer, Windhelm/bear, high Hrothgar/dragon. most of these are based on what each place has on their banner already, but most of them don't. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can use for which place. I know they don't really match the selection thats in YA, but I like a bit of diversity in the art.

I appreciate the gung-ho for feral wolf and beast stuff very much, thanks.  Yeah, playing as a wolf (or any of the others) would take camera tweaks at minimum, scripting to keep them from trying to use crafting tables and new dialog options to feel more polished, and new animations for fighting or doing things or "doing" things to be too good to be true level.  I don't think fitting existing outfits to wolves and stuff is necessary or realistic, but maybe if playing feral were more popular other people would make more wolf/dog armor mods.  Jackalhead made a camera fix for most animals for use with the setrace command, but it's unweildly and pretty inconvenient to use or even to download. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8784/?

Still being able to communicate with races like normal as an animal would have bugged me a little before, but in the situation of Yiffy Age that wouldn't seem weird at all.  New fantasy, playing a very regular looking feral wolf and having a couple biped race followers who view me as a leader and take me very seriously, while in my headcanon nobody else would.

Edit: Thanks for the tips about MadMansGun's new animations and Scent of Sex, that sounds really cool.  Sorry I always sound like a jerk, I don't think that way and never mean to.

Edited by Voldearag

@Voldearag, I figure this is LL, it's all about kink here. As long as you don't go pedo it's cool. 

Have a look at Untamed. Played with this mod, you can be a furry with a pack of real animals that you have sexytimes with. Get intimate enough with them and you can turn into a real sabrecat or bear. (But not a real wolf, the author won't do that. Don't know why.)

Also have a look at the Wildings mod. (I think that's the name.) You play as a wild race that has minimal interaction with humans. If it's based on the breton race, it will probably work--if it has its own race it won't but I'd be willing to look at doing a patch. (Actually, it would be sort of cool if this was a race of wild humans in an otherwise furry world. That would also be something for people who want to play as human with this mod.)

I'm more inclined to adapt another mod in that way than to add a bunch of special features to this mod. 

As for the statues, sure, I'm doing statics now. I just did the mage college statue and I'm doing load screens. If I get started on Aedra/Daedra I'll do all of them. The Mara amulet would be dead cute with a little wolf face looking out. Boethiah is definitely herm: breasts and sheath both. Malacath should have his stupid apron taken off and, as Kuroyami says, the MD statue needs major schlong action. There's no real reason, btw, why I couldn't do statues for the daedra that don't have them at their shrines. 

My idea about the furries is that for them clothes are for decoration and status (and protection in battle), not modesty. So their statues don't need to be careful about covering up the nether bits.

It would be nice to have all the statues be furrified (don't forget those big greybeard something statues in sovngarde, and Auriel's statue). Though if we consider EVERYTHING in skyrim that has the potential to be furrified that's a LOT of work. Like the skulls on the forsworn armor, and in the soul cairn, and the skeleton and skull static meshes. And the murals on various crypt walls that depict humanoids, and Alduin's Wall. And those weird Dwemer head statues.There's probably loads of more stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

I'd understand if Bad Dog chooses to keep this mod as it is or only focus on smaller updates. It's already an amazing mod.

There are technically skeletons of Argonians and Khajiit as part of another mod. For other furry races outside of the mod there is the Sharkmer and Burmecian (although the second only has a female that is different since males weren't worked on so thus show up as male khajiit). The second has texture issues on UNP/UUNP bodies.