Vampire fix? I've been having Better Vampire acting up on me by not picking up on updating during feeding. I'm not sure if this is the mod that's getting in the way.

I thought it was something like Cursed Loot.

Totally unrelated. The "Vampire Fix" I mentioned has to do with my "Playable Dremora" AddOn.

In Skyrim, vampires are "created" by changing a character's race into a different vampire version (which is a duplicate of the original one with certain spells and keywords). Skyrim knows what vampire race matches each regular one (Like Nord > Nord Vampire), but it doesn't happen with non-playable or custom races. In that case, the game needs some scripts to tell it "the vampire version of X is Y" so there are no bugs related to Vampirism.

As Dremora are originally non-playable (and a huge mess as far as "playable" goes), such fix was needed to tell the game "this new race that I added in the .esp is the vampire version of the Dremora".

Vampire fix? I've been having Better Vampire acting up on me by not picking up on updating during feeding. I'm not sure if this is the mod that's getting in the way.

I thought it was something like Cursed Loot.

Totally unrelated. The "Vampire Fix" I mentioned has to do with my "Playable Dremora" AddOn.

In Skyrim, vampires are "created" by changing a character's race into a different vampire version (which is a duplicate of the original one with certain spells and keywords). Skyrim knows what vampire race matches each regular one (Like Nord > Nord Vampire), but it doesn't happen with non-playable or custom races. In that case, the game needs some scripts to tell it "the vampire version of X is Y" so there are no bugs related to Vampirism.

As Dremora are originally non-playable (and a huge mess as far as "playable" goes), such fix was needed to tell the game "this new race that I added in the .esp is the vampire version of the Dremora".

Thank you for replying. I was with half the mind to uninstall this mod just to see if that would fix it. Saves me a lot of time.

Blade, if you need script work I can do that.

Current thinking about argonians:

attachicon.gifArgonian Claws.JPG

Looks great, but ideally should work with the adjusted skeleton so clothes don't need to be converted.

Alternatively, Khajiit / canines should move to an adjusted body mesh model. Then the conversion process begins.

At first glance I like these argonian feet the most yet, large grippy claws fit for jumping on someone's back, kickass model already.

Are there dewclaws and heel spikes at the same time?  Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Digitigrade legs look the coolest upright, but chairs... is a new cross legged or squatting sit pose a good idea?

I think UBR's feet look a little too small in proportion to the rest of the body, yours however not so much, but maybe a little narrow, do you think so?

Just my own thoughts, I happy with what you're doing, thanks for the preview.

Ya, those are intended to go on the digitigrade skeleton without needing to change the body. I could do a special argonian skeleton but I don't see a need for that yet.

Vol, yes dewclaws and heel spikes cuz the mesh I stole them from had both and hey, why not. The digitigrade skeleton does clip a bit with chairs and extreme postures, but it's worth the tradeoff I think.

I'm kinda looking at animations. Might be possible to do small modifications to some of the animations, no? Like to keep the feet on the ground when sneaking.

Ya, those are intended to go on the digitigrade skeleton without needing to change the body. I could do a special argonian skeleton but I don't see a need for that yet.

Vol, yes dewclaws and heel spikes cuz the mesh I stole them from had both and hey, why not. The digitigrade skeleton does clip a bit with chairs and extreme postures, but it's worth the tradeoff I think.

I'm kinda looking at animations. Might be possible to do small modifications to some of the animations, no? Like to keep the feet on the ground when sneaking.

If only there was a way to change skeletons so that chairs and such didn't clip....

Blade, if you need script work I can do that.

Thanks, but there is no need to. I used AyyRofLmao's script and it works fine. What is best, I didn't have to open CK to make the script work with my Dremora, so it's a big plus  :D .

Current thinking about argonians:

attachicon.gif Argonian Claws.JPG

That is really cool! I can't wait to see how it looks ingame, but so far I'd say you nailed it.

I have to go hang out with the animators. Apparently there's a well-defined mechanism for getting an animation into and out of Blender and at least one guy suggested that the easiest way to do an animation is start with something that's close to what you want.

So I'm a fixer-upper... I don't know that I want to get into animating from scratch but I could totally see fixing up 3-5 sitting animations and the 8 or so sneak animations to work with the digitigrade skeleton. And if i understand it, animations are race-specific so they could be put only on the races that need them.

i can't seem to figure out why some of my races are showing with no junk. trouble shooted sos, and all the required addons. but for some reason only a few races show right and others don't.

like, imperial, breton, and redguard all show correctly but the others dont..... :\ any suggestions where i should start looking.

Its taken me a while to get this working properly. For the last 2 weeks I've been having the small problem of the character heads being changed, but not the bodies (NPC were fine). Turns out that MO really does have no clue, and you just need to install Yiffy Age in the correct order and as early as possible with no other mods installed.

Edit: Turns out that the "Werewolf to Dragon Man Replacer Player Only" is incompatible.

Edit: Turns out that the "Werewolf to Dragon Man Replacer Player Only" is incompatible.

Yeah, that kind of incompatibilities are inevitable.

All of the "Unique Player (whatever)" mods use an option in the NPC data that allows each individual NPC to be given a custom "SkinNaked" that overrides the regular one provided by the race data. This is great, specially for custom followers, because you can have specific characters with custom body meshes/textures separate from whatever regular ones are installed without the need for a custom race.

The problems comes when you add it to the Player itself (which does have a NPC entry in the CK), because you have to add ALL of the ArmorAddons of the SkinNaked's of the different races in order for them to actually show up, because the racial skin will be overriden even if there is no compatible AA. That is doable if you have untouched vanilla races, but in the case of a custom race OR vanilla races with new custom SkinNaked's (which is the case here), the player ends up with an invisible body or with the wrong one.

TL;DR: "Unique Player [...]" mods are incompatible due to the way they work.

Yeah, that kind of incompatibilities are inevitable.

All of the "Unique Player (whatever)" mods use an option in the NPC data that allows each individual NPC to be given a custom "SkinNaked" that overrides the regular one provided by the race data. This is great, specially for custom followers, because you can have specific characters with custom body meshes/textures separate from whatever regular ones are installed without the need for a custom race.

The problems comes when you add it to the Player itself (which does have a NPC entry in the CK), because you have to add ALL of the ArmorAddons of the SkinNaked's of the different races in order for them to actually show up, because the racial skin will be overriden even if there is no compatible AA. That is doable if you have untouched vanilla races, but in the case of a custom race OR vanilla races with new custom SkinNaked's (which is the case here), the player ends up with an invisible body or with the wrong one.

TL;DR: "Unique Player [...]" mods are incompatible due to the way they work.

Know that I know that-I'm going to have to re-think my first foray into modding (I was thinking of making a "matching weres mod" that has separate forms for vanilla and custom races).  I've got a lot to learn.

Upside: I have successfully replaced the sneak animation with an animation where the guy just stands there tapping his foot.  :blink:

Downside: No real clue how animations are tied to races. There are "movement types" and there's a reference to an .hkx file in the race form, but I don't know what that hkx file is doing and I don't know how movement types relate to animation files. Or really how the engine chooses an animation at all.

Also, he's tapping his foot because I'm using the rig Anton posted on Nexus--which worked like a dream first time--and I can't figure out how to get the toon to do anything BUT tap his foot.

Still, baby steps...

Downside: No real clue how animations are tied to races. There are "movement types" and there's a reference to an .hkx file in the race form, but I don't know what that hkx file is doing and I don't know how movement types relate to animation files. Or really how the engine chooses an animation at all.

Well, I'm not an expert on the topic, but from what I remember of the PCEA mod, all of the animations are listed in the Behavior Graph File, "DefaultMale.hkx" or "DefaultFemale.hkx".

What PCEA did was to create another .hkx file that pointed to a different animation directory with duplicates of vanilla anims. That file was then renamed to "Default(Fe)Male.hkt", and all of the vanilla races were pointed to it instead of the default .hkx one (the extension change didn't affect functionality, I guess). Then, after installing all of the custom animation replacers you wanted, only custom races would actually use them, as vanilla races stayed with the vanilla duplicates in the PCEA directory (effectively creating "Player-Exclusive Animations", because chances are ALL of the NPC's would be vanilla races and only the player would use a custom race).

My point is, from what I know, you would have to create an alternate .hkx file that pointed mostly to "default" animation paths, except for the ones that show clipping with the digitigrade skeleton, which would be pointed to your modified anims instead.

On the issue of HOW to do that, well, no idea. I'd say you should ask Fore for help.

BTW, great that you got an animation to work (sort of). My head hurts only by thinking of animating, so kudos on getting through that  :D .

i just played verion 5 (didn't have 8) not long ago and removed the files yesterday. not sure what i did but i have no khajiits anywhere and i can't console them either. I even deleted all my saves and I still don't have them. My last option is to reinstall skyrim.

i am using xpsme and cbbe, but that shouldn't remove an entire race.

Uninstallation

Don't, the impact is too high. Treat this mod like its own game.