After being locked in furniture for a while, it seems that every NSC has the "Hey. Over here." dialogue option even though I am not in furniture anymore. Is that a known problem and if so, or can somebody suggest a workaround?

According to DFW -> Status -> DWF-Furniture (or zaz-furniture for that matter) is none. I tried "safeword: furniture", to no effect.

What are the specific conditions under which a PC is led to auction? My PC was just walked all the way almost to Riften only for the slaver to turn around within sight of the Riften stables and march back down the road...

The leash game has to have ended (or rather has to be ending).  When that happens a random number is selected between 1 and 100.  There are some configuration options to set the chance of being locked in furniture, the chance of being led to the auction, and anything else means the player is just freed.  The random number would have to fall into the chances of being led to the auction.

You have to be close enough to be led to the auction (otherwise you will just be teleported).  For walking to the Auction Riften must be the nearest region (in Riften or in the wilderness where Riften is the closest "city/town").  If "walking far" is set in the configuration walking can occur from as far away as Windhelm and Riverwood.

Who is the slaver that has captured your character?  Some of the slavers in Slavergirls by hydragorgon will just wander the roads showing this behaviour.  They will walk to a town and turn around to walk to their next location.  If I'm not mistaken there is a set of three slavers (named "Slavers") that will turn around near the Riften stables.

There is some dialog when the slavers have decided to release the player at the Riften auction house.  If you are ungagged you should be able to ask, "What are you going to do with me?" which would result in some Riften Auction House dialogue.  This would be the best way to tell if you are being led to the auction house.  If you get me quest variables (or a saved game) from when you are being led toward Riften I can maybe see what is going on.

Hope this helps,

legume.

What are the specific conditions under which a PC is led to auction? My PC was just walked all the way almost to Riften only for the slaver to turn around within sight of the Riften stables and march back down the road...

The leash game has to have ended (or rather has to be ending).  When that happens a random number is selected between 1 and 100.  There are some configuration options to set the chance of being locked in furniture, the chance of being led to the auction, and anything else means the player is just freed.  The random number would have to fall into the chances of being led to the auction.

You have to be close enough to be led to the auction (otherwise you will just be teleported).  For walking to the Auction Riften must be the nearest region (in Riften or in the wilderness where Riften is the closest "city/town").  If "walking far" is set in the configuration walking can occur from as far away as Windhelm and Riverwood.

Who is the slaver that has captured your character?  Some of the slavers in Slavergirls by hydragorgon will just wander the roads showing this behaviour.  They will walk to a town and turn around to walk to their next location.  If I'm not mistaken there is a set of three slavers (named "Slavers") that will turn around near the Riften stables.

There is some dialog when the slavers have decided to release the player at the Riften auction house.  If you are ungagged you should be able to ask, "What are you going to do with me?" which would result in some Riften Auction House dialogue.  This would be the best way to tell if you are being led to the auction house.  If you get me quest variables (or a saved game) from when you are being led toward Riften I can maybe see what is going on.

Hope this helps,

legume.

Thanks, it's probably the Slavers you mention, since they are just called "Slavers" and turned around precisely there, and the dialogue they gave me was that they are thinking about selling the PC to the next person they run across or something like that.

I managed to get them to march to the auction house by cranking up the numbers as you sugested, and got to actually go there on the second try - on the first, some delays caused them to end the whole thing a few meters from the door :P

However, the pathfinding was kinda strange - they marched through the lake and Blackbriar brewery, including a swimming stretch. But I guess the pathfinding is not yours?

Thanks, it's probably the Slavers you mention, since they are just called "Slavers" and turned around precisely there, and the dialogue they gave me was that they are thinking about selling the PC to the next person they run across or something like that.

I managed to get them to march to the auction house by cranking up the numbers as you sugested, and got to actually go there on the second try - on the first, some delays caused them to end the whole thing a few meters from the door :P

However, the pathfinding was kinda strange - they marched through the lake and Blackbriar brewery, including a swimming stretch. But I guess the pathfinding is not yours?

Selling you to the next traveler is just basic dialogue I put in place until I develop more detailed dialogue for each situation.  It indicates that a transfer to the auction house is *not* in progress.

Yes.  The pathfinding can be a little odd for that.  To fix the problem I would need to detect that pathfinding is needed, select an appropriate mid-point, and then have the slaver walk to the mid-point before carrying on to the actual destination.

Detecting that pathfinding is needed because it is difficult to identify where the destination is compared to the player when there are load doors between the two.  The situation is only a problem when the player is traveling South out of Riften from the centre-ish of Riften... but I it will take some work to automatically detect which direction the auction house is from the Riften gate.

There is a spot... Near the Windhelm Marshes where pathfinding breaks down and the player can never cross it... I've had to do something similar for that but It might be a while before I fix this issue.

Happy Gaming,

legume.

After being locked in furniture for a while, it seems that every NSC has the "Hey. Over here." dialogue option even though I am not in furniture anymore. Is that a known problem and if so, or can somebody suggest a workaround?

According to DFW -> Status -> DWF-Furniture (or zaz-furniture for that matter) is none. I tried "safeword: furniture", to no effect.

I can't say for sure what is going on.  This may have changed a bit in my copy of mod I am looking at in the Creation Kit.

It looks like this conversation is enabled by three variables, two of which are cleared through the safeword.

If I'm not mistaken the game thinks the player is still supposed to be serving a furniture punishment (in the leash game) and somehow the player wasn't locked back into the furniture when she was supposed to be.

The furniture punishment timer may or may not count down if the leash game has ended.  I suspect it won't.  The only way to clear this is to be in the leash game and serve another furniture punishment.

if it is critical that this be fixed, send me a private message.  There might be some other things I can do but they would be a bit of work.

Hope this helps,

legume.

Thanks, I will try getting into a furniture punishment then.

if it is critical that this be fixed, send me a private message.  There might be some other things I can do but they would be a bit of work.

Your dedication to help others is applaudable, but I'd say your time is better invested developing features and bugfixes instead of fixing my single savegame. ;-) Speaking of which: Any plans?

Thanks, I will try getting into a furniture punishment then.

Your dedication to help others is applaudable, but I'd say your time is better invested developing features and bugfixes instead of fixing my single savegame. ;-) Speaking of which: Any plans?

I do have plans... A lot of what I've been working on has been re-writing the code behind writing "scenes" (as I've been calling them).  These are a set of building blocks that make it easy to approach the player, move to various objects, hook into dialogues, add restraints, remove restraints, etc.  This would make it much easier to create new scenes in the future; however, all the existing behaviour uses the older mechanism.  Those older scenes will need to be re-written or well tested which makes things quite slow going.

The plans that are in progress are:

- A scene where the slaver will take all of the player's items and sell them to a vendor.  These items will eventually make their way to a specialty collector up in the hills where they can be purchased back for a bit of a price.  This is to allow quest items to be recovered.

- A scene where the player is taken to the town blacksmith to have problematic restraints removed and replaced with restraints in control of the slaver.

- A hook tying the Call for Assistance/Help keys into the above scenes so the player can protest during those scenes.  This is turning out to be quite a lot of work since the player can reasonably protest to every line the slaver and merchant are saying (or a great deal of them).

- A scene where the player is taken to be milked when she is ready to be (if Milk Mod Economy is installed).

- A hotkey that allows the player to voluntarily kneel and crawl.

- Situations where the slaver forcibly demands the player crawl as punishment (and kneel in some situations).

- The ability to use cages in place of furniture.  This won't work in the Autolock and Furniture for Fun features (at least not right away).  Only the leash game.  But the slaver can use cages (such as those in the basement of drlove33's Slave Den) as punishment for the player or a place to transfer her after the leash game has ended.  Although untested cages can be any place with a door, really: the horse stalls in the Whiterun stables, the hidden room in Hjerim in Whiterun, a room in an inn, etc.

- A big part of my work has been centered around keeping the player locked up in drlove33's Slave Den.  I've made some fixes to that mod allowing the slaver to path (walk) all around the area without difficulty, and moving the door switches out of the reach of the player when inside the cells.  When the player is being punished in such an area with multiple furniture/cages she will be transferred from one furniture to another every so often as the slaver desires.  The slaver will also leave the player alone in the area at times and sandbox (hang out) there at other times.

- I've come up with a fix (or a workaround really) for the cycling Multi-Pole and Multi-Wall animations.  These animations can now be selected in the MCM as Specific Animations, Cycling, or Random.

- Giving attributes to the different furniture, people's private furniture, in store furniture, public furniture, remote locations.

- Selected punishments can be weighted for crawling, furniture, remote, public, or private furniture.

- An option to allow the player to start the leash game through dialogue.

- A number of bug fixes mentioned in the forums, including support for a different leash system.

A lot of these features are working smoothly but there are still a lot of little bugs, testing, and additional changes that are needed before it can be released so it will be a while yet :(.

Until then Happy Gaming,

legume.

How do you get leash on simple slavery? or SD+? and does it work with Deviously Enslaved Continued?

Simple Slavery has a basic mod and one that is compatible with Devious Framework (DFW).  Make sure you download the version of it that is compatible with Devious Framework.  Also make sure you have the Devious Framework mod (2_06_DeviousFramework_170328.7z) installed.  Then get captured near Riften (via the Defeat mod for example) and you will be led to the Riften Auction House on a leash.

Additionally if you have the DFW Support mod (2_06_DfwSupport_170328.7z) installed you can be taken to the Riften Auction House after playing The Leash Game which is the primary feature of that mod.  If a slaver plays the leash game with you, leads you around for a while and then decides to let you go... and if the chances are right you can be released to the Simple Slavery Auction House.  Again, if you are nearby Riften you will be lead to the Auction House using the leash.

SD+: If you have both the Devious Framework framework mod and the DFW Support mod installed the DFW Support MCM menu will have an option on it's main page, "Secure SD+ Leash".  Turning this on will trigger a DFW leash between the player and her Master any time she is enslaved via the SD+ mod (apart from when she is being kept in a cage).  I would also recommend turning on the "Catch SD+ Enslavement" option on the same MCM page.

Note that this situation hasn't been thoroughly tested yet so I recommend not locking the MCM options.  Set "Security Level" on the same MCM page to 100.

For Deviously Enslaved Continued the two mods do their own thing.  The mods do conflict with each other a little bit.  Some changes are being made to the Deviously Enslaved Continued mod to make them work smoothly but I have been a little negligent in getting them released with the excuse of wanting to put them through thorough testing.

Happy Gaming,

legume.

I do have plans... A lot of what I've been working on has been re-writing the code behind writing "scenes" (as I've been calling them).  These are a set of building blocks that make it easy to approach the player, move to various objects, hook into dialogues, add restraints, remove restraints, etc.  This would make it much easier to create new scenes in the future; however, all the existing behaviour uses the older mechanism.  Those older scenes will need to be re-written or well tested which makes things quite slow going.

Great mod Legume, been a feature of my load order since you brought it out, even better with the patch for auto-follow.  Was wondering about the furniture as it seems like your going to be doing some work on that in the next release.  Rather than individually placing furniture's about the world, would it be possible to create a generic directional marker for furniture that could be added to existing cells then have the framework (or other mods using it) spawn in a piece of furniture either specific to a requirement or chosen at random from a form list?  Might even be worth using 3 markers, small, large, cage?   So for example when entering a town, the leash holder decides the slave needs milking so the framework scans for the nearest large furniture marker and plonks a milking machine on it.   Might save some work on populating the world, reduce some clutter and stops you having to second guess what is going to be required and where.  

Started using this mod again but I was depending on the maria eden mod for marking npcs as slavers before and I have uninstalled that so now I have to resort to console commands adding some npc to the zaz slaver faction which does work after a while but the problem I'm having is that I get the "you shouldn't be in here" nags from the owner npcs if they go home and then get a bounty for being in their home as a trespasser.

Started using this mod again but I was depending on the maria eden mod for marking npcs as slavers before and I have uninstalled that so now I have to resort to console commands adding some npc to the zaz slaver faction which does work after a while but the problem I'm having is that I get the "you shouldn't be in here" nags from the owner npcs if they go home and then get a bounty for being in their home as a trespasser.

Yes, work is definitely needed to get around trespasser alarms in a number of different situations.  This will be needed before the player can be kept in a shop, for example.  That is something I'll have to learn how to do and apply it to the various situations but for now it isn't a high priority.

There have been reports that travelers from Populated Roads can be made into slavers using TES5Edit.  I haven't tried it myself but supposedly it has been at least reasonably effective and is pretty easy to do.

Instructions can be found in these - three - posts.

Hope this helps,

legume.

@legume

Hi.  I am running DFW and DFW support 2.06 versions with the zaz patch

I am getting regular CTDs.  These were particularly bad with the DCUR Damsel in Distress quest (EDIT - can DFW interfere with DD restraint settings?  - found a number of items reporting as unlockable because some other items preventing their removal were 'worn', but not showing any of those in basic game inventory, screen console, nor clearly in the console 'inv' inventory)

Didn't have logs running for that, but logs now show nothing much preceding any subsequent CTDs other than a list of DFW polls/checks/cleaning.  It was particularly

I have reset the values back to defaults, and it's a bit better with those 

I have tried varying the values in both mods, but most changes only seem to make the CTDs more frequent  LOL  I'm sure that's down to me not understanding how they work, both in the way they relate to each other, as well as understanding what the MCM text means :-(

I have been through all the mod info, and searched on the thread for both 'settings' and 'poll' without finding anything that's terribly helpful

Is there any chance that you could take 5 min or so to just explain what these really do, in case we can optimise these a bit better for our own games?

TIA for any help you can offer.  Don't spend too long tho!  It's not that important... :-)

Edited by donkeywho

Probably the most exciting thing about this mod is its attempt to implement a 'real' leash, in the style of POP or old SD.

Alas, it may be that the ragdoll on leash yanks has an alarming probability of allowing you pass through a wall, or the ground, with unpleasant "outside the word" type consequences.

It happens to me pretty much any time I enable the leash functionality inside, or in a town.

As a minimal workaround, it would be nice if there was at least a way to turn off the ragdoll, and possibly moderate the yanks too.

POP gets away with the leash thing because it moves pretty slowly, pays attention to the navmesh, and doesn't try to apply high-velocity physics.

I'm thinking this idea of trying to pull characters through navmesh snags is destined to numerous modes of failure, none of them good.

The idea of the yanks themselves is great. I like it a lot...

...but it probably shouldn't be actively trying to sabotage collision, or running the ragdoll, which already has a track record of causing "stuck in object" or "fell out of world" problems when used as an ending in SexLab. At least there, you can not enable it and little is lost. It's a feature that was intended for making random looking corpses, and running it on the player is probably not such a good idea.

To offer a way for players unstick themselves when leashed, leash elastic is the best way, and its used in dozens of two-player 'tied together' platformers.

In this mode, you can keep moving in the direction you want to, but the further you get from the leash attractor, the slower you go, but never stopped.

With this you can creep your way around the snag, even if it means moving away from the master. Sure you could chat to an NPC while doing it, though there's probably a way to block that, but yanking could still wrench the player away from helpful NPCs if the player isn't stuck on a snag in the first place - it ought to be the less common case.

Yanking the player, on the other hand, requires pre-checking the collision volume up front, before attempting to pull the player through a wall, or a gap that is too narrow, a crowd of NPCs, or through a piece of bondage furniture. Simply applying a huge velocity, putting ragdoll on the end, and hoping not to be jammed inside something (or that the next yank will fix the jam) consistently results in leaving the world volume. The poor player may have to resort to tcl and tc magic to get back into the world. Meanwhile, they're spinning up hours of lost time due to their frustrated master. Most likely, the player gives up and reloads.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Probably the most exciting thing about this mod is its attempt to implement a 'real' leash, in the style of POP or old SD.

Alas, it may be that the ragdoll on leash yanks has an alarming probability of allowing you pass through a wall, or the ground, with unpleasant "outside the word" type consequences.

It happens to me pretty much any time I enable the leash functionality inside, or in a town.

As a minimal workaround, it would be nice if there was at least a way to turn off the ragdoll, and possibly moderate the yanks too.

POP gets away with the leash thing because it moves pretty slowly, pays attention to the navmesh, and doesn't try to apply high-velocity physics.

I'm thinking this idea of trying to pull characters through navmesh snags is destined to numerous modes of failure, none of them good.

The idea of the yanks themselves is great. I like it a lot...

...but it probably shouldn't be actively trying to sabotage collision, or running the ragdoll, which already has a track record of causing "stuck in object" or "fell out of world" problems when used as an ending in SexLab. At least there, you can not enable it and little is lost. It's a feature that was intended for making random looking corpses, and running it on the player is probably not such a good idea.

To offer a way for players unstick themselves when leashed, leash elastic is the best way, and its used in dozens of two-player 'tied together' platformers.

In this mode, you can keep moving in the direction you want to, but the further you get from the leash attractor, the slower you go, but never stopped.

With this you can creep your way around the snag, even if it means moving away from the master. Sure you could chat to an NPC while doing it, though there's probably a way to block that, but yanking could still wrench the player away from helpful NPCs if the player isn't stuck on a snag in the first place - it ought to be the less common case.

Yanking the player, on the other hand, requires pre-checking the collision volume up front, before attempting to pull the player through a wall, or a gap that is too narrow, a crowd of NPCs, or through a piece of bondage furniture. Simply applying a huge velocity, putting ragdoll on the end, and hoping not to be jammed inside something (or that the next yank will fix the jam) consistently results in leaving the world volume. The poor player may have to resort to tcl and tc magic to get back into the world. Meanwhile, they're spinning up hours of lost time due to their frustrated master. Most likely, the player gives up and reloads.

There are a bunch of patches further up the thread that implement a PO style leash

Look for:

dfw_zaz_patch.rar 

BOO patches

hi, I have a bit of an issue. so far I have not been able to test out the functionality of this mod as nothing in the game seems to happen, what I mean is that when I encounter a slaver I just get two dialogue options "hello there" and "where are you taking that slave" then it proceeds ends the dialogue after there first reply. Any help regarding the issue at hand would be greatly appreciated. Your mod seems very interesting and I would like to give it a proper try.