3 hours ago, Saiura said:

Somewhat silly question, but is there a way to reliably advance through the "stages" of the leash game?

Spoilers ahead? possibly?

The mod seems to work pretty well for me, except for the occasional hick-ups after leash janking. Though I haven't really figured out how to trigger getting gagged, getting bound, etc.

equipping a weapon does somewhat reliably trigger the "put your weapons away" dialogue, I even had my weapon removed a couple of times (after just reequipping it a few times)

I noticed equipping clothes/armor does not as reliably trigger the "I want you to wear something sexy" step, which after backtalking enough sometimes gets me force stripped...

But what triggers the getting gagged part? and what triggers the rest?

I once somewhat randomly got fully tied up, dragged around some more, then released.

Quite enjoying the leash-game, but I'd love to know if there's something I can do to trigger an advancement in scenes so to say as I also had times where the NPC just dragged me around for ages without taking me further than stripping me.

I also haven't really found an option that seemed to have changed anything, but I might of course just have overlooked something.

There aren't a lot of stages to the leash game.  The next version will have significantly more but still well short of what I am envisioning.

The "Chance of Idle Restraints" can be increased to increase how often the slaver adds certain restraints.  This also applies to stripping the player and taking her weapons.

Additionally asking NPCs to help you is likely to start a punishment which involves a gag and either furniture or a blindfold.  There are menu options which should affect how likely you are to get assistance and how likely the slaver is to notice your trying to get help.

Once your weapons are put away it shouldn't be long before the slaver "requests" you put on an Arm Binder.  A few minutes perhaps.  If you aren't progressing to this there is likely something wrong with your game.  The DFW Support engine is waiting for something to happen but there is no code making it happen so it will be waiting forever.  I would need to see quest variables and/or log files to have a better understanding of what is wrong.

Hope this helps,

legume.

well, I never but once actually got an armbinder, will try to move the esp to the bottom of the load order and see if that helps...

Also, I set the likelyhood to get help to "high", set chance for slaver to notice to 100. Then went around and talked to -everyone- I could find, went through the whole [show more dialuges] - Greetings - Help me... everyone just said they didn't want trouble, slaver never ever did a thing... also has never put me on furniture before

For reference, the only one that reliably grabbed me so far is a "veteran adventurer" that I ran into in whiterun

As for the "idle restraints", set it to 100, though the only time I actually got something added was when I was, I guess, "fully under control"... had my weapons taken and was stripped, then the slaver walked out of whiterun (the "dragging me through the loading-screen door" does not automatically trigger there for some reason)... I went through after him and suddenly was in a full set of restraints, followed by him telling me a couple of times he wants me to look the part and doing the binding animation

I really do enjoy this mod and what it adds, though I'd love to have some kind of way I could trigger things more reliably.

I can try to get quest variables and log parameters next time I get to do more testing, will post them if I figure out how.

But eitherway, I love where this mod is going so far! Just really would love either a conversation option or a key to make the slaver "do something", to further the process, just in case it runs into a problem and goes endless

Well, I now moved the DFW Support to the bottom of my load order, still no change...

I can get the "take off weapons" dialogue... sometimes even the "don't like what you're wearing" one, but never managing any more...

Also setting helpful chance to "High" and setting guard and merchant disposition to 100 still lets everyone I talk to, no matter if guard, merchant, slaver or civilian just say "sorry, I don't want any trouble".

So... I have to ask a silly question again, which is:
What do I have to set up and post here to give you the info you need to see what causes the issue?

I'd be quite glad to help out in that aspect as I will possibly not be the only one with the issue.

6 hours ago, Saiura said:

Well, I now moved the DFW Support to the bottom of my load order, still no change...

I can get the "take off weapons" dialogue... sometimes even the "don't like what you're wearing" one, but never managing any more...

Also setting helpful chance to "High" and setting guard and merchant disposition to 100 still lets everyone I talk to, no matter if guard, merchant, slaver or civilian just say "sorry, I don't want any trouble".

So... I have to ask a silly question again, which is:
What do I have to set up and post here to give you the info you need to see what causes the issue?

I'd be quite glad to help out in that aspect as I will possibly not be the only one with the issue.

Once you are leashed... and you've been expecting something to be done for a little while, print off the quest variables using ConSkrybe.  Try to wait until you're sure something is wrong.

Also, the Papyrus Log file from the time you are leashed to the time you print the quest would be useful.  There are pleny of instructions on how to enable your Papyrus Log File on the Internet.  E.g. Here and Here.

Make sure all of the debug logging in the MCM for both Devious Framework and DFW Support is configured for as much logging as possible.

Hope this helps,

legume.

thanks, I should be able to work from there!

Will just be a matter of time till I get around to doing it though, but once I have, I'll post the logs here.

I somehow expect a conflict with other mods... like... could it be that other forced greeting dialogues prevent certain DFW ones from triggering?

just a silly guess at this point though.

Okay, edit time:

I did try around some now, not sure I got the quest variables part correctly, but I do have a papyrus log.

Some info before hand:

I tried the forced leash game starting with a random npc... he went through very well, took my weapons, gave me an armbinder... once that was on, added boots, then added a gag... and after a while, ended the leashgame (I set duration, min and max, to 1 and set polltime in dfwsupport to 1.5, so I guess I sped it up as much as possible)

I noticed a lot of "Preparing Dialogue" messages, one before each step. I did not get forced greet dialogues, just the subtitled ones, though animations played, gear was attached, etc.

I noticed one thing that at some point I talked to him and got one single dialogue option, forgot what it was entirely, but something with aroused rape (edit: figured it is TDF Aroused Rape, which I got along with TDF Aroused idles), another mod obviously, but I can't for the life of me figure out which it was... I clicked it and got the options I do sometimes get with NPCs forgreeting me ("do what you want with me", a brawl option, a persuation one and an intimidation one). After that, the DFWSupport also broke...

So guess is high that this is a conflict causing the issues.

I sometimes got forced greet dialogues after the "Preparing Dialogue" message, but it was just the default dialogue of the NPC, I assume, it's likely since he was from a devious devices mod (at least opening the console and clicking him showed devious devices under "mod name")

The DFWSupport MCM menu also seems to reliably break after disabling the TDF Aroused Rape mod entirely as soon as it would release me with "Furniture Transfer" set to 100. Having Simple Slavery on 100 works perfectly fine however (or at least did in several test runs)

Now with the slaver I had issues with, I noticed no more Preparing Dialogue messages, except for the "take weapons off" step that always worked.

After leaving whiterun with him (and when testing without the Aroused Rape mod also just after any loading screen door), the DFWSupport MCM menu also blanked out and simply refused to work anymore, not sure if that is related to my issue, but would make sense I guess. Following that, I also got no more progression.

What I also had once was that troublesome NPC grabbing me in the whiterun castle (forgot the name), taking my weapon and then just letting me go afterwards (min and max length set to 1, simple slavery set to 100).

I tried around with him for a while at first, which... somehow... ended with a 2.5gig papyrus log (well, including some testing before it, loading several saves, changing settings, etc)

So I decided to save that log away and start up the game again to have it make another with a much more managable size (attached below). All the logging options in DFW and DFWSupport are set to 4 (Debug), except for some regarding the redress delay thing I have turned off and some others I forgot the exact name of, that I believed would not make a difference... I think one was regarding npc arousal for example)

I'll add the log and the quest variables thing, though I am not entirely sure from which attempt of testing it is exactly... hope it is of some help eitherway.

Whatever else I can provide (or provide better), let me know!

ConSkrybe.log

Papyrus.0.log

I've been playing around with the 'drag' mechanics of the leash game and came up with an algorithm that seems to handle most of the issues I was having with the prior patches and I think generally looks nicer. I haven't had a CTD from havok shitting itself when my velocity hits mach 1 yet, nor do I frequently flop like a fish in the same spot. Fish flopping still happens, notably when you're close to your target, but not in the recovery zone to stand up. You'll never have to wait more than 10 seconds for it to end, though.

The player can now fairly reliably be dragged up hills and over moderate sized barriers without wonky physics and jarring behavior, and the recovery from ragdoll no longer has a jerky transformation. Most of the time the character will be yanked cleanly from point to target, where they'll slide to a stop and stand up. Anise was even successfully pulling me up a cliff that she so loves standing right on the edge of.

There's definitely still a lot of room for improvement, but I thought this was worth sharing. If there's general interest, I have some ideas for how to handle detecting 'stuck' behavior and also how to calculate smooth handoffs to other leash types.

I built this based on the boo patches, which means you will need the 2.06 version of DFW, the zaz patch, and probably the boo patches to make this work correctly since they modify the esm and some other scripts.

Devious Framework - MasterDev patch.7z

On 1/23/2018 at 8:45 AM, Saiura said:

I did try around some now, not sure I got the quest variables part correctly, but I do have a papyrus log.

Yes, the quest variable log doesn't have the quest variables in it.  Did you open the console and run the console commands which would dump the variables to the console (Step 3)?

I tried the forced leash game starting with a random npc... he went through very well, took my weapons, gave me an armbinder... once that was on, added boots, then added a gag... and after a while, ended the leashgame (I set duration, min and max, to 1 and set polltime in dfwsupport to 1.5, so I guess I sped it up as much as possible)

The log file, I presume, is from the scenario that did not work.  I might be interested in seeing a log file from this working scenario for comparison.  Since I don't have version 2.06 installed it would be difficult to get a working log file.  (Also, if I am right about what it going on it won't be needed.  See below).

I noticed a lot of "Preparing Dialogue" messages, one before each step. I did not get forced greet dialogues, just the subtitled ones

At least as far as my mod is concerned "subtitled dialogues" are exactly the same as "forced greet dialogues"; the only difference being "subtitled dialogues" have only one line said by the NPC.  Since there is no need or option for the player to respond no dialogue menu shows up.

I noticed one thing that at some point I talked to him and got one single dialogue option, forgot what it was entirely, but something with aroused rape (edit: figured it is TDF Aroused Rape, which I got along with TDF Aroused idles), another mod obviously, but I can't for the life of me figure out which it was... I clicked it and got the options I do sometimes get with NPCs forgreeting me ("do what you want with me", a brawl option, a persuation one and an intimidation one). After that, the DFWSupport also broke...

So guess is high that this is a conflict causing the issues.

My mod does need to engage in dialogue to complete scenes.  I'm working on better ways to monitor the progression of dialogues but a lot of work is needed before my mod can handle dialogues not happening at all.  If another mod is showing high priority exclusive dialogues I could see that causing conflicts with my mod.  However, I don't think this is what the issue is in the log file (see below).

I sometimes got forced greet dialogues after the "Preparing Dialogue" message, but it was just the default dialogue of the NPC, I assume, it's likely since he was from a devious devices mod (at least opening the console and clicking him showed devious devices under "mod name")

This does still happen from time to time.  The timing of moving between the scripts and the dialogue isn't an exact science and if the scripts don't have the dialogue variables set up correctly before the dialogue starts (or if they happen to change to something else before the dialogue starts) the correct dialogue might not show up.  However, this shouldn't happen very often.  It shouldn't be reliably stopping scenes.

The DFWSupport MCM menu also seems to reliably break after disabling the TDF Aroused Rape mod entirely as soon as it would release me with "Furniture Transfer" set to 100. Having Simple Slavery on 100 works perfectly fine however (or at least did in several test runs)

I'm guessing you don't have this scenario in the log file.  I might be able to look into this with a log file and some variables; however, there is a known issue that would cause something like this.  Before furniture can be used you need to walk around to the furniture, sit yourself in the furniture and use the MCM menu to "register" it.  It would be particularly difficult for my mod to know which furniture is in the "Whiterun" area without your registering it first.  The game's ability to detect nearby objects is limited to a few loaded cells which basically means the furniture needs to be within sight.  To expand the range of furniture usable by the NPC I keep a separate list.  I have plans to auto populate this list but for now the user has to create the list manually by registering each piece of furniture.

If the leash game ends, the furniture option is selected, and there is no furniture registered for the region the mod will break.

So I decided to save that log away and start up the game again to have it make another with a much more managable size (attached below). All the logging options in DFW and DFWSupport are set to 4 (Debug), except for some regarding the redress delay thing I have turned off and some others I forgot the exact name of, that I believed would not make a difference... I think one was regarding npc arousal for example)

I don't know if I mentioned this or not but it is only the logging to the file that matters.  The settings that control what is logged to the screen don't need to be turned up for logging to make it into the log file.  Although, turning on logging for the screen can help you see things that are going on (the Preparing Actor Dialogue message for example).

Now with the slaver I had issues with, I noticed no more Preparing Dialogue messages, except for the "take weapons off" step that always worked.

After leaving whiterun with him (and when testing without the Aroused Rape mod also just after any loading screen door), the DFWSupport MCM menu also blanked out and simply refused to work anymore, not sure if that is related to my issue, but would make sense I guess. Following that, I also got no more progression.

What I also had once was that troublesome NPC grabbing me in the whiterun castle (forgot the name), taking my weapon and then just letting me go afterwards (min and max length set to 1, simple slavery set to 100).

I tried around with him for a while at first, which... somehow... ended with a 2.5gig papyrus log (well, including some testing before it, loading several saves, changing settings, etc)

I'll add the log and the quest variables thing, though I am not entirely sure from which attempt of testing it is exactly... hope it is of some help eitherway.

Whatever else I can provide (or provide better), let me know!

ConSkrybe.log

Papyrus.0.log

Looking at this Papyrus Log file I see the following:

[01/23/2018 - 07:15:49PM] Error: Cannot set the faction rank with a None faction
stack:
	[ (18034FB9)].Actor.SetFactionRank() - "<native>" Line ?
	[ (18034FB9)].Actor.AddToFaction() - "Actor.psc" Line 570
	[_dfwDeviousFramework (11000D62)].dfwdeviousframework.PrepareActorDialogue() - "dfwDeviousFramework.psc" Line 5154
	[_dfwsDfwSupport (53000D62)].dfwsDfwSupport.StartConversation() - "dfwsDfwSupport.psc" Line 2967
	[_dfwsDfwSupport (53000D62)].dfwsDfwSupport.PlayLeashGame() - "dfwsDfwSupport.psc" Line 3421
	[_dfwsDfwSupport (53000D62)].dfwsDfwSupport.PerformOnUpdate() - "dfwsDfwSupport.psc" Line 879
	[_dfwsDfwSupport (53000D62)].dfwsDfwSupport.OnUpdate() - "dfwsDfwSupport.psc" Line 744

The exact line in question is:

aActor.AddToFaction(_oFactionDfwDialogueTarget)

It seems pretty clear that the _oFactionDfwDialogueTarget variable in your game is set to None.  Getting the variables would confirm this; however, I am reasonably confident this is the case.

I expect this is a significant issue.

The Devious Framework mod makes a lot of information available to the dialogue system about a single NPC.  Information such as the NPC's disposition toward the player, whether the NPC is the player's Zaz Animation Pack master or whether he ever has been.  However, this information can only be made available for a single NPC at a time.  That is what the Preparing Actor Dialogue does.  It makes this information available for the NPC you are about to speak with.  The NPC in question is added to this "Dialogue Target Faction" so the dialogue system knows that the information is relevant for that particular NPC.

If the faction variable is None the NPC doesn't get added to the faction, the dialogue system can't determine which NPC the information is for, and the dialogue system can't rely on any of this information.  As such many of the dialogues simply won't be available.  I suspect this is what the issue is.

I can see there is a bug in my code when this variable is set.  The faction variable is set:

1. When upgrading a script.

2. The first script upgrade when the script was previously at version 0 (i.e. new games).

3. If the hydra_slavegirls.esp mod is in your load order (This should not be a requirement).

I am guessing Slavegirls by hydragorgon was not installed in your game when you installed Devious Framework?

If this information is accurate, I think the best way to address this situation is to re-install Devious Framework using a clean save method while Slavegirls by hydragorgon is installed on your system.  Once the game has started and this variable has been set it should be safe to remove the Slavegirls by hydragorgon mod.

Another option is for me to create a fixed version of the Devious Framework mod but that would mean I would have to backup all of my current work, revert my game to Version 2.06 of the mod, recompile the script, and then restore all the files I've been working on.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't been reported by other users.  I could swear some of them ran without the Slavegirls by hydragorgon mod.

Hope this helps,

legume.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:08 AM, MasterDev said:

I've been playing around with the 'drag' mechanics of the leash game and came up with an algorithm that seems to handle most of the issues I was having with the prior patches and I think generally looks nicer. I haven't had a CTD from havok shitting itself when my velocity hits mach 1 yet, nor do I frequently flop like a fish in the same spot. Fish flopping still happens, notably when you're close to your target, but not in the recovery zone to stand up. You'll never have to wait more than 10 seconds for it to end, though.

The player can now fairly reliably be dragged up hills and over moderate sized barriers without wonky physics and jarring behavior, and the recovery from ragdoll no longer has a jerky transformation. Most of the time the character will be yanked cleanly from point to target, where they'll slide to a stop and stand up. Anise was even successfully pulling me up a cliff that she so loves standing right on the edge of.

There's definitely still a lot of room for improvement, but I thought this was worth sharing. If there's general interest, I have some ideas for how to handle detecting 'stuck' behavior and also how to calculate smooth handoffs to other leash types.

I built this based on the boo patches, which means you will need the 2.06 version of DFW, the zaz patch, and probably the boo patches to make this work correctly since they modify the esm and some other scripts.

[[Devious Framework - MasterDev patch.7z]]

Getting the drag mechanism to work has always been mostly trial and error guesswork to see what doesn't break.  Suggestions for improvement in this area are always welcome.

I don't plan to try to get this into the next release of the mod but I should look into it for the subsequent release.  Either incorporating some ideas in the current Drag mechanism or making an alternate mechanism.

I'm a little curious why the .esm needs to be changed though.  I would have thought the changes would be limited to the script.

Thanks for the support,

legume.

8 hours ago, legume said:

I'm a little curious why the .esm needs to be changed though.  I would have thought the changes would be limited to the script.

It looks like the zaz patch added a new script, dfwSlaveLeash.psc, which needs its own properties, so this is at least one reason the master file changed. My changes certainly are script only, but the zaz patch I'm working from references a new property _dfwSlaveLeash.

My script only modifies the function "YankLeash" under the "LS_DRAG == iLeashStyle" condition.

On 27.1.2018 at 9:44 PM, legume said:

I can see there is a bug in my code when this variable is set.  The faction variable is set:

1. When upgrading a script.

2. The first script upgrade when the script was previously at version 0 (i.e. new games).

3. If the hydra_slavegirls.esp mod is in your load order (This should not be a requirement).

I am guessing Slavegirls by hydragorgon was not installed in your game when you installed Devious Framework?

If this information is accurate, I think the best way to address this situation is to re-install Devious Framework using a clean save method while Slavegirls by hydragorgon is installed on your system.  Once the game has started and this variable has been set it should be safe to remove the Slavegirls by hydragorgon mod.

I did have hydra_slavegirls installed and in the load-order before I installed Devious Framework, though I did download a newer version and installed that over the old one at a later date.

I'll try reinstalling Devious Framework, either soon or with the next version, depending on how long that one takes (no rush, you're doing a great job with the mod already).

As far as the questlogs go, I loaded a save, walked out of my playerhome, used both console commands in the console (as, if I recall correctly, it says something like "use these commands. Now is a good time to try out what isn't working", should in hindsight have waited with using them till I actually ran into the issues.

I'll try to get a papyrus.log with the working scenario once I get to it, might be tricky as that doesn't reliably work 100% of the time either.

I'd prefer giving a better log of the broken scenario too, but I noticed that if it breaks and I let it go on for a little while to actually populate the log, it very quickly gets a log-file with over 1gb filesize (I assume also due to me changing the poll time to 1.5 or 2 instead of default 3... but it still feels like an aweful lot of logging, even with having most log options of Devious Framework and DFWSupport set to 4 (Debug). I was kinda guessing on an endless-loop of some sort there, but I don't know the coding behind the mod itself.

EDIT:

Tried it with the NPC that used to work again, sadly always just got to the "take weapons away" stage and never anything beyond that.

I hope I got a proper quest variables log and papyrus log for it this time...

Tried several times to get a working scenario as well, but I just wasn't blessed with that luck today...

I guess if those logs help, I'll reinstall Devious Framework and see if that helped. But first going to wait and see if there is anything more of my current broken state of the mod that I can provide.

Papyrus - not working scenario.log

ConSkrybe - not working scenario.log

late Edit 2:

I tried reinstalling devious framework, basicly just taking all files and overwriting those I have with them to make sure it's the last thing I have installed, did not help

I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but for some reason this seems to conflict with Campfire pretty severely  When DFW is activated, at least in my game, you can not light a campfire, it stops the lighting animation on your first attempt and then afterwards you can't interact with the campfire properly at all.  Only found this through a process of elimination, started a new game and reloading mods one by one to recreate the error, soon as DFW finished it's "Delaying", I could no longer light a fire.  Stopped DFW using your control in the debug section, and could then light fires.

EDIT:  Sorry, forgot to add that doing the load order trick had no impact on my game.  As long as DFW is active and it's completed its delay function, I can no longer start campfires.

28 minutes ago, Zor2k13 said:

I don't use slavegirls by hydrodragon mod because it screws up the game with all the dirty edits and other problems so what I did was change travelers of skyrim mod to make some of the npcs in the slaver faction that seems to work better for me.

OOC, do you have a patch for that you can post on the Hydragorgon thread?  There have been a range of useful patches added there, and this sounds a useful variation on their theme. 

Or maybe even just a fresh thread of its own?   :smile:

If not, can you tell us how you did that?  I'm sure quite a few ppl would like to know.  I'd even consider using 'Travellers' instead of the 'Populated' series of mods

Load up travelers of skyrim in tes5edit along with zap and copy that slaver faction as override into travelers mod then go assign some of those travelers npcs to that faction and then save the plugin. You will then have to load up travelers again and clean it so it doesn't have a duplicate faction from zap in it and then save again.

10 minutes ago, Zor2k13 said:

Load up travelers of skyrim in tes5edit along with zap and copy that slaver faction as override into travelers mod then go assign some of those travelers npcs to that faction and then save the plugin. You will then have to load up travelers again and clean it so it doesn't have a duplicate faction from zap in it and then save again.

Thanks for the prompt reply

\furtively rushes off ... to look up Google Translate... :tongue:

;)

1 hour ago, Destroyah340 said:

So has this mod been affected badly by the Devious Devices 4.0 updates? If yes, how bad? Would it mean I can't use Framework after updating those mods or is it still good to go?

Not really locking/equipping armbinders works fine for me with DDi 4.0 basically no difference

Really would love to play with this mod, but its most of time impossible for me.

All other mods from Loverslab also from Nexus work without any Problems.

But this Mod really cause one issue every few minutes.

Currently a slaver leashed me, told me i need to be punsihed yank at the leash and now not sure if the entire Ragdoll stuff gone crazy or if the script let the slaver yank me again and again and again.

My Char is yanked close to the slaver a second later its yanked again and again and again and again now for more then 10 RL Minutes and it does not stop.

Before that happend, another slaver end the leash game i walked away and few seconds later i had a armbinder attached with a message that he locked away my arms.

Really the entire Leash idea is something i like but with all this ragdoll and yank stuff i think it never will be really usable.

Why not remove this entire Yank and Ragdoll stuff and force the player to a follow mode as you can see in Prison overhaul?

And if it comes to punishment this can be whipping, rape or other stuff but not this permanent yank stuff. 

15 minutes ago, fhilgers said:

Really would love to play with this mod, but its most of time impossible for me.

All other mods from Loverslab also from Nexus work without any Problems.

But this Mod really cause one issue every few minutes.

Currently a slaver leashed me, told me i need to be punsihed yank at the leash and now not sure if the entire Ragdoll stuff gone crazy or if the script let the slaver yank me again and again and again.

My Char is yanked close to the slaver a second later its yanked again and again and again and again now for more then 10 RL Minutes and it does not stop.

Before that happend, another slaver end the leash game i walked away and few seconds later i had a armbinder attached with a message that he locked away my arms.

Really the entire Leash idea is something i like but with all this ragdoll and yank stuff i think it never will be really usable.

Why not remove this entire Yank and Ragdoll stuff and force the player to a follow mode as you can see in Prison overhaul?

And if it comes to punishment this can be whipping, rape or other stuff but not this permanent yank stuff. 

Look further up the thread and you will find that there are already patches which do that

2 hours ago, fhilgers said:

I Found one patch adding a follow leash system, but this did not stop the slaver from yanking the leash as punishment option and this yank never stops.

There's at least a Boo Patch and a Zaz Patch.  From memory, you probably need the Zaz one.  From memory, there might even be a two more, but recollection is they are later ones and don't do the Zaz / POP leash style

I loved using this mod, but after the last round of updates I started getting freeze on cell changes when I have hydragorgon's slaves mod installed.

Seeing as Hydragorgon may never be back to do work on that mod, I don't suppose you could offer slaver npcs as part of your mod? 

On 2/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, Sospice said:

I loved using this mod, but after the last round of updates I started getting freeze on cell changes when I have hydragorgon's slaves mod installed.

Seeing as Hydragorgon may never be back to do work on that mod, I don't suppose you could offer slaver npcs as part of your mod? 

wow talk about feeling dumb right now, my game had become "crash happy" the last couple of times i installed this mod and i could not figure

out why.  i have had Hydragorgon's mod installed for so long i had forgotten it is in, well i see them in game but it did not dawn on me that

that could be the problem.  i will have to remove that mod and try this one again and see if that is my problem.

2 hours ago, valcon767 said:

wow talk about feeling dumb right now, my game had become "crash happy" the last couple of times i installed this mod and i could not figure

out why.  i have had Hydragorgon's mod installed for so long i had forgotten it is in, well i see them in game but it did not dawn on me that

that could be the problem.  i will have to remove that mod and try this one again and see if that is my problem.

I was a bit surprised by it too. I don't just get ctds and freezes on cell changes with it, but the sudden crash of "skyrim has stopped working" as well (yes, I have the DFW patch on as well).

I tried taking off other script heavy mods and got the same issue. I took a look at how Hydraslaves is built and there's a ton of mini-quests that are how the masters and slaves interact with each other and the player in conversations.

I'm not sure why the crashes are happening but I've been experimenting with editing Hydraslaves (most recent version) to take out all those miniquest convesations in the hopes it would cut down on the impact on the papyrus engine. Now that DFW exists, I'm fine with a version of hydra that would just have the masters & slaves wandering about without all the background noise they create. So I'm hoping to keep the sandboxing elements in place that keep the npcs from hydra moving about, while eliminating all the other background elements. 
I'm just doing this for personal use since this isn't my mod and it wouldn't be right to release it (if I ever get it working right)  without Hydra's permission.