• 2 weeks later...

FYI works great.  I did notice attachingto NPC'sis would eventually reset, but no biggy.

you think you'd ever port this to fallout 4?

I don't mod FO4 at all, so no on that sry.

The right shoulder cap conflicts with DD chastity belts.

Actually, would it be possible to add DD functionality and/or integration to these?

Integration will not happen but maybe I add some functions of DD. I have to overhaul this mod anyways but I am working on other stuff at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Because Amputator was not removing limbs when using the F1 key at all for me, I decided to change it to load last of the ESM's, and then loaded it and all my Master files in TES5Edit, and TES5Edit showed these error messages:

[00:33] Background Loader: [Amputator.esm] Building reference info.
[00:33] Background Loader: Error: record ARMO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO2S 53324F4D
[00:33] Background Loader: Error: record ARMO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO4S 53344F4D
[00:33] Background Loader: Errors were found in: AMP_ProstheticLegR01Brown "Iron Prosthetic Brown (Leg Right)" [ARMO:190099BB]
[00:33] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID VMAD OBND FULL MO2S MO4S BOD2 RNAM KSIZ KWDA DESC MODL DATA DNAM 
[00:33] Background Loader: Error: record ARMO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO2S 53324F4D
[00:33] Background Loader: Error: record ARMO contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO4S 53344F4D
[00:33] Background Loader: Errors were found in: AMP_ProstheticLegL01Brown "Iron Prosthetic Brown (Leg Left)" [ARMO:190099BC]
[00:33] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID VMAD OBND FULL MO2S MO4S BOD2 RNAM KSIZ KWDA DESC MODL DATA DNAM 
[00:33] Background Loader: finished

Are these intentional?

EDIT: I see this in the Papyrus log when attempting to remove limbs with the editor (limbs don't get removed, but animations get activated):

[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Property bothleftright on script AmputeeEffectScript attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Property bodyPart on script AmputeeEffectScript attached to Active effect 13 on  (00000014) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] [FloppySOS] Skeleton's preset changed due to SOS animation event: SOSFlaccid
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] [FloppySOS] Skeleton's preset changed due to SOS animation event: SOSFlaccid
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] [FloppySOS] ghost's preset changed due to SOS animation event: SOSFlaccid
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp42"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 203
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.ApplyAmputator() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 183
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.ShowMessage() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 383
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatorconfig.OnKeyDown() - "AmputatorConfig.psc" Line 235
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] [FloppySOS] ghost's preset changed due to SOS animation event: SOSFlaccid
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp43"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 207
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.ApplyAmputator() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 183
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.ShowMessage() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 383
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatorconfig.OnKeyDown() - "AmputatorConfig.psc" Line 235
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp47"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 224
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp42"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 203
	[Active effect 13 on  (00000014)].AmputeeEffectScript.OnEffectStart() - "AmputeeEffectScript.psc" Line 14
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp43"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 207
	[Active effect 13 on  (00000014)].AmputeeEffectScript.OnEffectStart() - "AmputeeEffectScript.psc" Line 14
[11/26/2016 - 11:54:23PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp47"
stack:
	[AmputatorMain (19000801)].amputatormainscript.AmputateActor() - "AmputatorMainScript.psc" Line 224

Papyrus.0.log

Because Amputator was not removing limbs when using the F1 key at all for me, I decided to change it to load last of the ESM's, and then loaded it and all my Master files in TES5Edit, and TES5Edit showed these error messages:

No, they are not intentional but they are not the reason you can't remove limbs. I have no clue why it is not working for you, do you have racemenu installed?

No, they are not intentional but they are not the reason you can't remove limbs. I have no clue why it is not working for you, do you have racemenu installed?

Yes I do and the Overlay Compilations UNP. (Here's my load order and mod list in MO if you want to see: http://modwat.ch/u/XenoDrake)

Edit: Even though the scripts with errors are not ones changed by SexLab Inflation Framework (SLIF), apparently newer versions of SLIF still may be causing the problem. The author claims it will be fixed in the next version of SLIF, so hopefully he can figure it out. (maybe he already has)

Yes I do and the Overlay Compilations UNP. (Here's my load order and mod list in MO if you want to see: http://modwat.ch/u/XenoDrake)

Edit: Even though the scripts with errors are not ones changed by SexLab Inflation Framework (SLIF), apparently newer versions of SLIF still may be causing the problem. The author claims it will be fixed in the next version of SLIF, so hopefully he can figure it out. (maybe he already has)

These errors are NOT script related, just some armor entry errors for the prosthetic items. Btw next time you should mention first that you are using a framework that deals with morphs on top of amputator ^^ I know about SLIF but I didn't know amputator is covered by it... I have no clue if this even makes sense as I don't know of any other mod that scales arm and leg nodes...

Alway try using only the mod in question first, especially if you know you have another mod that affects this mod. It looks like SLIF is the reason why it is not working for you, so there is nothing I could do about it anyways.

These errors are NOT script related, just some armor entry errors for the prosthetic items. Btw next time you should mention first that you are using a framework that deals with morphs on top of amputator ^^ I know about SLIF but I didn't know amputator is covered by it... I have no clue if this even makes sense as I don't know of any other mod that scales arm and leg nodes...

Alway try using only the mod in question first, especially if you know you have another mod that affects this mod. It looks like SLIF is the reason why it is not working for you, so there is nothing I could do about it anyways.

I can confirm, that this error was related to my framework and I apologize for the inconvenience, it has been fixed by one of my recent updates.

The reason I added a patch for Amputator Framework is, that my framework is supposed to be a manager for all nodes and that if any mod hides a node (like Amputator Framework, Devious Devices, etc.), it should not be overwritten by any other mod.

There may be no other mod that uses the nodes that the Amputator Framework uses yet, but that may not always be the case (for example my framework has an option to manipulate all nodes it supports, so that is prevented, if the node is hidden).

I can confirm, that this error was related to my framework and I apologize for the inconvenience, it has been fixed by one of my recent updates.

The reason I added a patch for Amputator Framework is, that my framework is supposed to be a manager for all nodes and that if any mod hides a node (Amputator Framework, Devious Devices, etc.), it should not be overwritten by any other mod.

There may be no other mod that uses the nodes that the Amputator Framework uses, but that may not always be the case.

Don't worry about it, neither can I keep track of mods that use amputator nor can you inform every author of mods your framework covers.

We just need an "always try to run only the mod in question first" policy followed by users. Xenodrake did an excellent job with posting the log and mod list but that often doesn't help if another mod you don't suspect is causing the issue. 

I don't know how your framework works but my guess is if another mod would affect leg/arm nodes it must be integrated into SLIF as well to work with it right? Do you overwrite scripts in any way? This could be a problem when I decide to update this mod, so it's probably better I ask now and I can just inform you before I release something new.

Don't worry about it, neither can I keep track of mods that use amputator nor can you inform every author of mods your framework covers.

We just need an "always try to run only the mod in question first" policy followed by users. Xenodrake did an excellent job with posting the log and mod list but that often doesn't help if another mod you don't suspect is causing the issue. 

I don't know how your framework works but my guess is if another mod would affect leg/arm nodes it must be integrated into SLIF as well to work with it right? Do you overwrite scripts in any way? This could be a problem when I decide to update this mod, so it's probably better I ask now and I can just inform you before I release something new.

Yes, at the moment I overwrite the scripts from the mods I patch and keep them up to date.

That brought me to an idea, I just released a new version, where I added two new events to my framework.

"OnSLIF_hideNode" and "OnSLIF_showNode"

That's a trick that @Ed86 showed me.

You could add the following code to your "AmputatorMorphScript":

Function SetNodeScale(Actor akActor, string nodeName, float value)
	if (Game.GetModbyName("SexLab Inflation Framework.esp") != 255)
		If value != 1.0
			int SLIF_hideNode = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_hideNode")
			If (SLIF_hideNode)
				ModEvent.PushForm(SLIF_hideNode, akActor)
				ModEvent.PushString(SLIF_hideNode, "Amputator Framework")
				ModEvent.PushString(SLIF_hideNode, nodeName)
				ModEvent.PushFloat(SLIF_hideNode, value)
				ModEvent.PushString(SLIF_hideNode, SLT_KEY)
				ModEvent.Send(SLIF_hideNode)
			EndIf
		Else
			int SLIF_showNode = ModEvent.Create("SLIF_showNode")
			If (SLIF_showNode)
				ModEvent.PushForm(SLIF_showNode, akActor)
				ModEvent.PushString(SLIF_showNode, "Amputator Framework")
				ModEvent.PushString(SLIF_showNode, nodeName)
				ModEvent.Send(SLIF_showNode)
			EndIf
		Endif
	else
		bool isFemale = false
		if(akActor.GetActorBase().GetSex() == 1)
		isFemale = true
		endif

If value != 1.0
			NiOverride.AddNodeTransformScale(akActor, false, isFemale, nodeName, SLT_KEY, value)
			NiOverride.AddNodeTransformScale(akActor, true, isFemale, nodeName, SLT_KEY, value)
		Else
			NiOverride.RemoveNodeTransformScale(akActor, false, isFemale, nodeName, SLT_KEY)
			NiOverride.RemoveNodeTransformScale(akActor, true, isFemale, nodeName, SLT_KEY)
		Endif
		NiOverride.UpdateNodeTransform(akActor, false, isFemale, nodeName)
		NiOverride.UpdateNodeTransform(akActor, true, isFemale, nodeName)
	endif
EndFunction
Not only would that make your framework compatible with my framework, it would also avoid you having to add any of my scripts as dependencies.

If you could add that, I would remove the patch from my mod and no matter which of us would update his mod, they would always be compatible.

I do apologize for not mentioning it. I had not suspected it to be the problem. As soon as I reported it to you, I thought about SLIF, and thought I might mention it to him as well.

if(akActor.GetActorBase().GetSex() == 1)

Use "GetLeveledActorBase" as a habit, you should only use "GetActorBase" if you want the initial settings for an actor and never run the script against a character from a leveled list (like bandits).

The "leveled" actor base object contains the CURRENT values for PC or NPC, without the "leveled" you get the initial (CK designated) values and if the actor comes from a leveled list you may get a result that simply isn't right for that actor.

Use "GetLeveledActorBase" as a habit, you should only use "GetActorBase" if you want the initial settings for an actor and never run the script against a character from a leveled list (like bandits).

The "leveled" actor base object contains the CURRENT values for PC or NPC, without the "leveled" you get the initial (CK designated) values and if the actor comes from a leveled list you may get a result that simply isn't right for that actor.

Well, that is part of the code that was already there, it could also be shortened into this:

bool isFemale = akActor.GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex() == 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I need help now. I've gotten to a point where I'm confused as to how I'm doing this wrong. I'm defining the property the same as Rats in the Wall and as suggested in the original post, as well as applying the amputator function the same as rats in the wall and as suggested. Here's my script, which is attached to a referencealias for the player in order for the OnHit event to register properly. I know everything but my function calls are running properly due to the debug messages appearing as intended.

Scriptname combatamputate extends ReferenceAlias
{comments are in curly-que brackets}

Event OnHit(ObjectReference akAggressor, Form akSource, Projectile akProjectile, bool abPowerAttack, \
bool abSneakAttack, bool abBashAttack, bool abHitBlocked)
int AmpChance = Utility.RandomInt()
If(akSource as Weapon)
If abPowerAttack == 1
If abHitBlocked == 1
Else
debug.notification("You've been hit! AmpChance =" + AmpChance as Int)
If AmpChance >= 50
CombatAmputate()
Else
EndIf
EndIf
EndIf
EndIf
EndEvent

Function CombatAmputate()
int LimbSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 6)
int SideSelect = Utility.RandomInt(1, 2)
If SideSelect == 1
If LimbSelect == 1
debug.notification("Your left foot has been cut off!")
AMS.ApplyAmputator(playerref, 3, 2)
ElseIf LimbSelect == 2
debug.notification("Your lower left leg has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 3
debug.notification("Your left leg has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 4
debug.notification("Your left hand has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 5
debug.notification("Your lower left arm has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 6
debug.notification("Your left arm has been cut off!")
EndIf
ElseIf SideSelect == 2
If LimbSelect == 1
debug.notification("Your right foot has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 2
debug.notification("Your lower right leg has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 3
debug.notification("Your right leg has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 4
debug.notification("Your right hand has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 5
debug.notification("Your lower right arm has been cut off!")
ElseIf LimbSelect == 6
debug.notification("Your right arm has been cut off!")
EndIf
EndIf
EndFunction

AmputatorMainScript Property AMS Auto
Actor property playerref auto

I don't understand where I'm going wrong.