[mod] [Stellaris] EoS - Without Apparel Patch

Eek. I unfortunately spawned right next to the Ascari in the beginning of a recent game. And I had the wrong ethics. They zonked me almost immediately. confused.gif

So....  has anybody else noticed Sanctuary has missing ship models? Or... that there's a script error in -vanilla- event scripts? Or....  does anybody else have invisible missiles? Found the answer to that one! laugh.png

I have a feeling there's going to be a hotfix shortly. laugh.png

Eek. I unfortunately spawned right next to the Ascari in the beginning of a recent game. And I had the wrong ethics. They zonked me almost immediately. confused.gif

So....  has anybody else noticed Sanctuary has missing ship models? Or... that there's a script error in -vanilla- event scripts? Or....  does anybody else have invisible missiles? Found the answer to that one! laugh.png

I have a feeling there's going to be a hotfix shortly. laugh.png

Oh you too? I just found Sanctuary for the first time ever today! The ship/station/whatever that is meshes DID look suspicious to me but I thought it was supposed to look that way! XDDD

I need to take a more thorough look into the Sanctuary thing. Instead of the test object, they're supposed to be little triangular... space.. things. For me the only one that shows up right is the primary station.

And for news.....

Been thinking about how jewelry wasn't used well in the last clothing setup. I think this time, rulers should get gems as well as pops of fallen empires. angel.gif

I'm getting way too organized this time. laugh.png  So far I've got:

• Common - Anything a normal citizen might wear. Elves so it can be a little fancy. No gems.
  • Wealthy - Fancy clothes, jeweled versions of common clothes. (Used for fallen, rulers, and possibly certain planet modifiers.)
  • Armor
  • Savage - Anything that fits with savages here.
  • Cold
  • Sexy - Anything revealing, no gems.
  • Seductive - Anything revealing, with jewelry.

Ohhh these dresses look so good combined with jewellery! <3

By the by! Paradox decided there were so many issues that they released a hotfix early, as a beta patch:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-update-1-3-1-released-checksum-f100-not-for-problem-reports.977717/

Fixed missing graphics on sanctuary guardians

Yay! I can finally see what they look like! And then murder them and take that ring world <3 I've been holding off on killing them because I didn't want weird stuff to happen

By the by! Paradox decided there were so many issues that they released a hotfix early, as a beta patch:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/beta-update-1-3-1-released-checksum-f100-not-for-problem-reports.977717/

Yay! I can finally see what they look like! And then murder them and take that ring world <3 I've been holding off on killing them because I didn't want weird stuff to happen

Well it's a start. Has anybody noticed you can't land 12 -assault- troops on a planet? Yet if you recruit them on a planet you can keep 12?

It could just be me, but, I can't make ships that do anything at all. So I'm basically forced to play peaceful morons at present. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png  (Could be mod related though!! I don't know that anything has managed to get balanced yet.)

For update news, almost had a major issue. Turns out... slim bodies need "special" consideration for clothes. Oops. Anyway, almost done even so. laugh.png

@Princessity

If you do decide to switch to slim, let me know and I'll send you my template clothing file. I don't know what Paradox was smoking when they came up with image sizes, but it must be some serious ****. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Well it's a start. Has anybody noticed you can't land 12 -assault- troops on a planet? Yet if you recruit them on a planet you can keep 12?

It could just be me, but, I can't make ships that do anything at all. So I'm basically forced to play peaceful morons at present. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png  (Could be mod related though!! I don't know that anything has managed to get balanced yet.)

For update news, almost had a major issue. Turns out... slim bodies need "special" consideration for clothes. Oops. Anyway, almost done even so. laugh.png

@Princessity

If you do decide to switch to slim, let me know and I'll send you my template clothing file. I don't know what Paradox was smoking when they came up with image sizes, but it must be some serious ****. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

I think early aggression was nerfed a lot in Heinlein. They buffed spaceports' level 1 health and armour (and it seems weapons too?) so you basically need access to torpedoes before you can start conquering other empires. Also it looks like military power is calculated differently now so values seem lower across the board, but if you equip your ships properly you can easily ignore those numbers. There's defnitely lots of rock-paper-scissors interactions going on under the new system. I have not figred them out yet (for one, I have yet to fight a Fallen/Awakened Emprie fleet or a Crisis force, although I did just beat my first "Leviathan"... at the cost of half of my fleet XD I definitely could have optimised my ships better...) but overall I think I like the new balance, it feels more strategic than before ^^ I find myself retrofitting ships for different purposes all the time now. Currently on my agenda is turning the blue blip in the middle of my territory purple n_~

post-34019-0-50026700-1477493473_thumb.png

Oh and what do you mean? What's going on with the sizes? I mean I did notice that some of the new clothes have different dimensions but since my failed attempt at converting the new outfits to the human bodytype I haven't really tinkered with those.

I seem to be having nothing but a lot of trouble trying to get the stupid clothes to work out. The positioning for the slim body clothes is totally wonky. The only thing I can figure at the moment is that it might be stretching the clothes. confused.gif

So far I've got -most- clothes working. Pretty much anything without a sleeve works. biggrin.png (Seems I have mostly no sleeves!) And although I fit the clothes to go well over the arms, they typically don't. Also, the slave gear! It's like the um.... unmentionable peircings are up too high when nothing else is. Craziness!

Here's a shot of some of the new stuff (problems and all):

post-99-0-36669200-1477499891_thumb.jpg

If you look at the dresses (and even that one new armor) you can see the right arm is poking through. It doesn't poke through in the base file I'm using!!

I'm still going to try a few tests, and maybe squishing the files that don't fit quite right.

I'm hoping guys don't have the same problem but they probably do... confused.gif

All that said, I much prefer the slimmer look. angel.gif

Been doing more testing, it's not the portrait the stretches, it's the ARM! I have a feeling they've done something.... not terribly smart with their animations. So as soon as the portrait animated, the lower part of the right arm (left from our view) gets puffed out. So I guess any clothes with sleeves need to be a little poofed out at the base of the arm.

Oh yah there's defo some giraffism happening XD Are the animations doing that?

The pink hair looks so cute thooo!

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I think it may be an optical illusion. The eyes at at the same level across the board so it's probably the short chin making the neck look longer.

Actually I think there are some neck stretchings going on. Not that I'm about to mess with it. I did some tests awhile back for doing my own animations. It's a -mess-. Between no documentation and Maya crashing every 3 seconds (what the heck!? No crashes until I messed with their exporter!!) it just wasn't worth the effort.

In the case of my little cute "I'm going to murder all of you" girl, I think it's the chin. She has a much shorter chin than the others.

But then, I could swear the necks in game are thinner than they are in the body files. Lookit:

post-99-0-69136700-1477504853_thumb.jpg

I suppose I could just super impose the actual thing over the screenshot and find out for sure...  laugh.png

And... I just remembered something. I had something similar to the arm problem with the human portraits as well. The upper left shoulder. Clothes have to go waaay over that or the shoulder will poke through even though the clothes match. So it seems the elfy portraits have their issue with the right arm...

OK... so I did superimpose an image. Some interesting things. The neck is actually -not- longer, but it is slightly thinner. The face is slightly distorted. None of the shoulders match, and of course... the front right arm get a lot bigger towards the bottom of the portrait.

Definitely animations at work.

OOOK, managed to get everything actually -working- now. For women. I'd still like to get a few more outfits done though. Looks like I'll be adding around... some 30ish new outfits compared to the existing version. Several of the existing outfits have been reworked a little as well. 

Now everybody pray/sacrifice/conjure that guys are straightforward! angel.gif

I'll be going over the phenos themselves last. I wasn't real happy with some of the custom ones I made previously.

Haha! Oh no, that one is now part of Drow/Elves FOREVER. laugh.png  No, I meant some of my other custom faces. They just aren't... doing it for me. laugh.pnglaugh.png The way I see it, if there's a chance my heir can be of the -wrong- phenotype, then that phenotype shouldn't exist. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Whoa, I didn't even notice! if this keeps up we'll be huge! laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh gosh the roadmap for future content they just posted today looks even more exciting than Heinlein!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-50-the-journey-ahead.978042/

I'm especially happy that  "Buildable Dreadnoughts and Titans." and "Ability to construct space habitats and ringworlds." were finally stated explicitly! There's still no timeframe for those things and technically they're still not "promises" but at least they're on their radar so modders can start planning ahead! Wheee!

A space UN!? Oh lovely.... laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png 

Actually it might be rather lovely... when I lance all the Space UN talking mushrooms to death!! angel.gifangel.gif

So it looks like eventually we'll have buildable titans/super ships. I can plan ahead accordingly in that case. In fact, I've already got a new idea for a "super" Asari titan. Basically the same general shape as the existing battleship but with more sections to the masts.

By the way, I ran into a new sort of.... "info" station. I've now FINALLY seen several space monsters, a crazy dreadnaught thing, and some kind of wonky military station. laugh.png  Of course, I haven't killed anything yet. biggrin.png

A space UN!? Oh lovely.... laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Actually it might be rather lovely... when I lance all the Space UN talking mushrooms to death!! angel.gifangel.gif

So it looks like eventually we'll have buildable titans/super ships. I can plan ahead accordingly in that case. In fact, I've already got a new idea for a "super" Asari titan. Basically the same general shape as the existing battleship but with more sections to the masts.

By the way, I ran into a new sort of.... "info" station. I've now FINALLY seen several space monsters, a crazy dreadnaught thing, and some kind of wonky military station. laugh.png  Of course, I haven't killed anything yet. biggrin.png

Ooooh! The wonky station is super rewarding! But make sure to talk to some Curators about it before going in, they'll give you a few useful tips! And it's ridiculously hard to kill too! I lost my entire fleet to it except about 15 battleships that only managed to kill it because bomber hangars were the only thing I had at the time with any kind of shield penetration!

Speaking of which, I feel like shields are super strong in Heinlein! I just fought 2 fallen empires in my game: one was Xenophobes who attacked me because I integrated a vassal close to their borders and didn't realise it until too late, but the fleet they sent out turned out to be total pushovers! So I was like "oh, great! I can take on Fallen Empires now! Let's go after those Materialists and get all their pretty rings!"

Nope! The same fleet that walked over Xenophobes losing only a couple of corvettes and a cruiser, got absolutely pasted by the Materialists and their shields regenerating almost as fast as I was dealing damage! It was so bad and embarrassing I reloaded the game and I don't even feel bad about it XD

I got back at them later tho! But barely! I got my fleet up to 80k strength, shield penetration on everything I could put it on AND I lured them into a system entirely covered with Fortresses that had minefield and shield disruptor auras... My fleet STILL got pasted, but this time so did they and they retreated back to their system. They just sat there for years so I used the time to rebuild my fleet. After ANOTHER engagement where we both lost the majority of our fleets I finally flew into their home system and... severly underestimated their STATIONS so I had to retreat, rebuild my entire 80k fleet AGAIN and only after that managed to finally take the Beacon of Infinity... at the cost of half my ships again! Poop those stations and whoever built them!

Oh and guess what happened then? Just as I was about to start bombarding the ring sections, the Xenophobes attacked me again! Thankfully they hadn't rebuilt their fleet since our last fight so I killed their strike force with whatever was left of my fleet, and occupied one of their worlds until I could ask for white peace. They had some stations in their home system as well so I was like NOPE not even trying my luck! I gave them back the worlds I took from them in the previous war and traded my own worlds that were bothering them to one of my neighbours ("Here! Have this generous gift from me! <3 PS: Have fun with the Fallen Xenophobes! They're your problem now!")

And those were FALLEN empires! Nobody had Awakened up to that point and in fact I was beginning to doubt they ever would, but as soon as I ended my war with Materialists and took over their ringworld, guess what happened? The Spiritualists woke up! I really hope they don't start pestering me too because I don't have a fleet anymore! XD Do you know what else is new? Apparently Fallen have their own tile blockers now! "Ancient Ruins" that each take several months to clear out so I can't even take advantage of most of the ringworld tiles until l get rid of all that.

I love it! FEs actually require effort to defeat now! And the tile blockers mean you can't use their worlds to get an instant economic boost, you have to work for that too!

And now that they've started Awakening too I may finally see some Titans! Not like I'm looking forward to being on the receiving end! I've had enough trouble and embarrassment dealing with STATIC DEFENCES, I don't even want to think what mobile superweapons will do to me XD

On my last game before the update (which unfortunately zonked the save) I was stuck right next to....   the Xenophobic Drow!! (In my version they are xenophobic... darn it...) I just didn't colonize any more in their direction then, when my fleet was just barely pushing past 1000 (it was THAT early), I get this communication saying they want me essentially abandon my homeworld! So I sent my fleet away and played conquer the planets with ONE FREAKING ARMY. I'd wait till they took over a planet, and then send my lone army in after their fleet moved on. I protracted that war out for so long, eventually it was almost like we weren't at war. We'd just take turns controlling my worlds. laugh.png So I finally had to surrender. There went one ruler. Next I get all these dorks wanting to vassalize me. I finally give into one right before the 10 year truce. (Because I knew the Drow were attacking as soon as the truce was over.) So they did! They TOTALLY zonked the empire that vassalized me. I mean TOTALLY. By the time the war was over with the Drow, 3 other empires were all fighting over what was left. Meanwhile, there I am sitting with a fully operational and undamaged fleet. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png I had sent my fleet out to some distant system as soon the Drow attacked again. It's a great way to lose a war with a fallen.... and then win 3 wars with your neighbors all at once because none of them have any ships left. angel.gif

The Drow brought their titan along. Those things are incredible! laugh.png

SO in the end... getting a fallen to attack you may not be such a bad deal after all.....  I ended up becoming the major power in the region after that mess!

In my current game I'm trapped between a Holy Fallen empire & another hostile empire. Don't have the warp drive tech to make the jump to the next arm & running out of planets to colonize. Still at least they won't attack me for no reason.

Also when I say right by them I mean LITERALLY right by them, I discovered them within a few days of game start!!

Oh I wouldn't mind losing my stuff over and over so much if it weren't for the fact that I'm expecting a Crisis any day now and whether it's the Scourge or the Unbidden, there's a high chance they will spawn right on top of me, since my empire stretches over a large portion of the galactic rim AND I was the first one to research Psi Jump Drives (I won the lottery about 100 years into the game! So naturally I took it, nevermind that it took up my research for like an eternity and condemned the galaxy to a spooky invasion of death XD)

So every time I get into a dumb fight because I'm greedy and end up losing most of my fleet, I feel really bad because I'm going to need it soon!

Especially if the other two FEs decide to wake up! Materialists are out so there won't be a War in Heaven between them and the Spiritualists but Xenophobes and Xenophiles are still eligible for it. And if they do start a war I will be caught literally in the middle of it:

post-34019-0-36668600-1477602977_thumb.png

I thought I had an amazing spawn since there were no regular empires anywhere near me (I love unclustered starts in Heinlein!) but then I discovered that oops! The reason for that was because it's where all 4 of the Fallen decided to spawn XD

(Oh! And I also decided to celebrate my acquisition of the ringworld by making it my capital and renaming my empire. I mean after all the effort and embarassing failure after failure after failure it took me to get it I'm entitled to a little ego!)

At least my Xenophiles are butterflies so... when the push comes to shove, I know which side of the war I'm on XD

In my current game I'm trapped between a Holy Fallen empire & another hostile empire. Don't have the warp drive tech to make the jump to the next arm & running out of planets to colonize. Still at least they won't attack me for no reason.

Also when I say right by them I mean LITERALLY right by them, I discovered them within a few days of game start!!

Oh I spawned next to the Materialists! In fact they were the first aliens I met! I ran into them before even encountering space monsters XD

(Also! I really appreciate the fact that the first contact flavour text is completely different if the first civ you meet is a Fallen Empire, that's a nice touch)