Fallout 4 Animation Modding (for modders and animators)

After finally getting HCT to run within a VM (thanks for nothing, Windows 10), I've got another stupid question, sorry if this isn't the right place. 

Is it possible to pose held objects, such as weapons? Say, for example this pose: https://i.imgur.com/Zvm9cyr.png Right now the gun is stuck to the hand ingame, rotating/moving Bip_RWeapon does not seem to be the correct way to do it, if at all.

After finally getting HCT to run within a VM (thanks for nothing, Windows 10), I've got another stupid question, sorry if this isn't the right place. 

Is it possible to pose held objects, such as weapons? Say, for example this pose: https://i.imgur.com/Zvm9cyr.png Right now the gun is stuck to the hand ingame, rotating/moving Bip_RWeapon does not seem to be the correct way to do it, if at all.

Oooooh so that's why all the guns have left-sided charging handles and bolts.  It's because the gun is linked to the right hand.  That makes sense now.

A little bit of progress on the Kit.

After changing the max scene scale I wanted to import the skeleton from scratch, to make sure that everything matches in sizes. And I had to re-constraint everything. So instead I decided to write a script.

https://youtu.be/48dgAsaLXlw

And it appeared to be quite useful otherwise. It allows you to "connect" and "disconnect" skeletons to the control skeleton, which uses same namings but with some prefix. So you can have multiple rigs in the same scene, like both Biped and CAT and switch between them on the fly if you need to. For biped you might be limited a bit, by having to go to bind pose first and using "Keep Initial Offset" checkbox (not in the video, but added already).

Or at least it may be useful to use the scene for modelling and skinning work, to be sure that the skeleton is in correct pose, you can just disconnect if from the rig, and it will go to it's default pose. 

hi blender user here and i was wondering since  the engine is almost the same as the one for skyrim would the old tools for skyrim sill work for fo4

now i will say that i found some tools that might do the job if this is so or it may give someone a place to start for making these tools

specifically i found these

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1797/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1797%26preview%3D&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17109/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D17109%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D675202&pUp=1

now if these have a chance of working i will say i have no idea where to start testing so it would be nice if someone who knew what they were doing were to test it

and if this was answered before and i missed that the answer was no then sorry ( but if theses work right out the box well the person who made it did a good job)

well that's all i can  say except first time posting here

... snip ...

The first tool is the old hkxcmd that is for the old version of Havok, it is for Skyrim, it does not work with FO4 animations.

The second tool has the same problem. It is for the old version.

hi blender user here and i was wondering since  the engine is almost the same as the one for skyrim would the old tools for skyrim sill work for fo4

now i will say that i found some tools that might do the job if this is so or it may give someone a place to start for making these tools

specifically i found these

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1797/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1797%26preview%3D&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17109/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D17109%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D675202&pUp=1

now if these have a chance of working i will say i have no idea where to start testing so it would be nice if someone who knew what they were doing were to test it

and if this was answered before and i missed that the answer was no then sorry ( but if theses work right out the box well the person who made it did a good job)

well that's all i can  say except first time posting here

HKXPack is converting hkx <=> xml for Fallout 4. HKXAnim will be able to convert collada\fbx <=> hkx, but DexesTTP is taking a break, since 3ds max can basically do everything to mod animations, and Maya can as well. Theoretically Softimage can also export animations to HKX. Sorry, blendermen.

I hope that everything there is working now, so I'll get some rest, and then get myself busy with making extended skeleton.

F4Biped or F4AK which one to chose is up to you, both kits should allow you to create animations, and both have instructions and tools\links.

I hope that everything there is working now, so I'll get some rest, and then get myself busy with making extended skeleton.

F4Biped or F4AK which one to chose is up to you, both kits should allow you to create animations, and both have instructions and tools\links.

Hats off to you sir.

Pretty incredible how quickly you put this all together and how well organized it is. Pro work.

Not sure where your at with adding new bones ShadeAnimator. In skyrim you would add new bones which are almost the same to the top list as....

<hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="95">
65535 0 1 2 3 4 2 6 7 1 9 10 11 12 11 14 15 16 17 18 11 20 21 22
23 18 24 19 26 28 28 28 28 28 33 33 33 33 33 28 28 28 15 42 21
44 5 8 19 48 49 19 51 52 19 54 55 19 57 58 19 60 61 26 63 64 26
66 67 26 69 70 26 72 73 26 75 76 0 0 0 0 28 28 28 28 19 19 19 26
26 26 11 11 0

In skyrim 5 was pelvis for example. So if I wanted to add penis bones I would add 5 after 11 11 and before 0 as 5 99 100 101 102 and so on.  Also if you add lets say 10 bones you need to change <hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="95"> to <hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="105"> Then the same for the next to things below.  Then for the next part is self explanatory. 

<hkparam name="name">R_RibHelper</hkparam>
                    <hkparam name="lockTranslation">true</hkparam>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">CamTarget</hkparam>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">NEWBONE</hkparam>
After what ever the last bone is. Then to the fun part.

(0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0)(1.153707362365955E-30 7.105427357601002E-15 -3.8116482626443515E-21 0.9999999403953552)(0.9999999403953552 0.9999999403953552 0.9999999403953552 1.0)
You need to find these variable some wheres which are for X,Y,Z,W placements. I always just use nifscope but not sure if it still works. Its still there in the inspect window and I think it was in global not local but not sure about that either.  All in all its took along time to figure this out for skyrim on my own. But I hope it helps you out.

By the way thank "you" and dexes, every one who's getting this going. Lastly I hate asking but if some one out there could help me find the 2014 havoc that would be REALLY awesome. 

Not sure where your at with adding new bones ShadeAnimator. In skyrim you would add new bones which are almost the same to the top list as....

<hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="95">
65535 0 1 2 3 4 2 6 7 1 9 10 11 12 11 14 15 16 17 18 11 20 21 22
23 18 24 19 26 28 28 28 28 28 33 33 33 33 33 28 28 28 15 42 21
44 5 8 19 48 49 19 51 52 19 54 55 19 57 58 19 60 61 26 63 64 26
66 67 26 69 70 26 72 73 26 75 76 0 0 0 0 28 28 28 28 19 19 19 26
26 26 11 11 0

In skyrim 5 was pelvis for example. So if I wanted to add penis bones I would add 5 after 11 11 and before 0 as 5 99 100 101 102 and so on.  Also if you add lets say 10 bones you need to change <hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="95"> to <hkparam name="parentIndices" numelements="105"> Then the same for the next to things below.  Then for the next part is self explanatory. 

<hkparam name="name">R_RibHelper</hkparam>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">CamTarget</hkparam>
                </hkobject>
                <hkobject>
                    <hkparam name="name">NEWBONE</hkparam>
After what ever the last bone is. Then to the fun part.

(0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0)(1.153707362365955E-30 7.105427357601002E-15 -3.8116482626443515E-21 0.9999999403953552)(0.9999999403953552 0.9999999403953552 0.9999999403953552 1.0)
You need to find these variable some wheres which are for X,Y,Z,W placements. I always just use nifscope but not sure if it still works. Its still there in the inspect window and I think it was in global not local but not sure about that either.  All in all its took along time to figure this out for skyrim on my own. But I hope it helps you out.

By the way thank "you" and dexes, every one who's getting this going. Lastly I hate asking but if some one out there could help me find the 2014 havoc that would be REALLY awesome. 

Wow, Thanks for the information. But I actually think that all of it should be possible to do through HavokContentTools. All I need is export new skeleton.nif using nifplugin, and find right settings to export skeleton.hkx. But thanks for the information anyway, it might come in useful.

Hm it's weird.

hkx2fbx keeps crashing, even though I do everything as MaikCG described. It just crashes when I try to convert hkx 32 bit into fbx.

I'm running win10, tried running it as administrator and in compatibility mode, did not help. Tried both using my UI and directly through cmd... weird.

And next two major steps are upgraded skeleton and paired animations.

For paired animations maybe this could be useful: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49311/?

Oh, figured it out, needed another skeleton.hkx, the one from F4Biped pack. Included it into the F4AK_HKXPackUI folder.

Did not research it, but I guess it's the same skeleton, but converted into 32bit as well

Anyone knows how is the basic unarmed idle animation file called?

Hm it's weird.

hkx2fbx keeps crashing, even though I do everything as MaikCG described. It just crashes when I try to convert hkx 32 bit into fbx.

I'm running win10, tried running it as administrator and in compatibility mode, did not help. Tried both using my UI and directly through cmd... weird.

And next two major steps are upgraded skeleton and paired animations.

For paired animations maybe this could be useful: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49311/?

Interesting hte link you posted, i'll test that. But i already did some . I don't know if it will be useful or not but i prefer to post it :

I had successfully replaced a kill move animation ( well,not completly bcse the killmove doesn't kill anybody, i don't know how to make it happens ) . I replaced the 2 killmoves animations ( victim/attacker ). Put the 2 actors in the same scene (FinalRig )x2,don't even rename the bones or anything.Making the animation with the 2 actors in the same scene.Save the scene.then export 1 by 1 the actors by deleting the other.Then modifiate the position of the second actor beacause i don't know why : this one will be far away in the game and it will fail the paired animation.so need to bring it closer and in the good position. ( Test in game for adjusting it later compered with the other actor after ) , placing them correcly and separatly in 2 differents 3DS Max scenes and i did this :

Maybe it's a good way to start for Sextec later lol . I hope it 'll help

Oh, figured it out, needed another skeleton.hkx, the one from F4Biped pack. Included it into the F4AK_HKXPackUI folder.

Did not research it, but I guess it's the same skeleton, but converted into 32bit as well

Anyone knows how is the basic unarmed idle animation file called?

Meshes/actor/character/Animation/H2H/Idle.HKX.

post-647391-0-57246100-1469913681_thumb.jpg

post-647391-0-91231700-1469913714_thumb.jpg

Hm, did you remember how far you moved them? Maybe thats a constant we should remember. 

As for killing - try converting original vanilla animations into xml and read the annotations there. You probably need to add some annotations to actually kill the other character.

And thats no the correct idle, in this one the character is standing with arms up, ready for a fight.

Hm, did you remember how far you moved them? Maybe thats a constant we should remember. 

As for killing - try converting original vanilla animations into xml and read the annotations there. You probably need to add some annotations to actually kill the other character.

Mhmmm , i have the coordonates  in the scene that's all i can do ,but i remember mainly that the numbers were in negative. ., not for the Z axis aparently. But i did'nt move the attacker,just the victim :

X:16,715cm

Y:-18,34cm

Z:1,33cm

Tks i'l try it tomorrow and make some tests about it. I tried to import vanilla anim with the Biped files by MAIK and followed his video( i tryed to import and H1M attack and the Female SprintForward). Don't know why  maybe it's me who messed it up in the exportation. In 3DS it's great  but in game the camera is in the ground and the character is flying.

(i tried many  times too,to make a movement animation like running or walking ,it doesn't work,she's running on the spot and for the animations with weapon, like a knife attack, she does the movement but it doesn't hit the other npc, i'll check out about the annotation that you are saying, if it's that i'll w'll work next time if i do the things well).

Did you find the animation that you have been looking for ? The unnarmed one ? My "Killmove" anim replace the H2HNeckBreakByBehind so if think the one i told you.

Shade Great Job with the animation Kit,

And Kudos to all involved in the Dev Team. 

Just curious what version of Max Did you save the Rigs in 2014/15/16

They don't open in 14

I maybe doing something wrong ....

Cheers

Edit - I mean the Scenes for the Rig

Shade Great Job with the animation Kit,

And Kudos to all involved in the Dev Team. 

Just curious what version of Max Did you save the Rigs in 2014/15/16

They don't open in 14

I maybe doing something wrong ....

Cheers

Edit - I mean the Scenes for the Rig

Hi, yeah, sorry, I saved them in 2015. Next update of the kit will come with a scene saved for 2013 as well. Not yet sure when I will upload the updated kit though.

Yeh, No worries take yer time. 

What Version should we use 

Will 2016 do in general or is anyone using Max 2016 ?

Cheers

I think 2016 will have a problem with the HTC plugins. For sure 2017 has.