Console Players can get their consoles nuked by bad mods

DDproductions youtube vid, June 16, 16

DDprod. has uploaded a bunch of vids of animosity towards Console ("faggots") and the treasonous dregs of our 

community that believe because it's free it belongs to no one and no one can rightfully claim it as theirs leading to

the piracy mentality that it's okay for them (the dregs) to upload the mods to bethesdanet and be hailed

as a Robbin Hood for console players as well peddling for donation$ in the process (salt in the wounds, right)

but as it turns out Mod Authors can actually tank, nuke, annihilate and completely brick a xbox one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6Te-plqlY

... and yes ps4's will be susceptible to be bricked too  :angel:

(git rekt m8, R.I.P.eronnies)

~ DeathStalker

They will just remove the mod.

And yes, it is easy to crate a XB1 mod that breaks an XB1, but is is easy also to create a PC mod that breaks a PC.

Don't trust me?

Create a mod, create an object (an actor for example), add a script to it with this code:

I saw a bunch of scripts like this, on Skyrim, just because the author had no idea how to write a script.

While I hope no one deliberately puts something like what we just saw on bethnet I am completely unsurprised by the fact that this kind of damage would be easy to achieve for any competent modder.  Console gamers are going to learn the hard way something we all know too well: pay attention to what you install and make sure your rig can handle it before running.  Bad things happen when you assume.

In case you upload a mod, put visible your name in it. Also inside the code, does not matter where , but write also a comment "I did it".

So if somebody else will upload it, you can claim the paternity and ask it to be removed.

And a fake uploader for sure will not change this line.

And yes, it is easy to crate a XB1 mod that breaks an XB1, but is is easy also to create a PC mod that breaks a PC.

Don't trust me?

Create a mod, create an object (an actor for example), add a script to it with this code:

I saw a bunch of scripts like this, on Skyrim, just because the author had no idea how to write a script.

I'll take your word for it!

That's pretty scary, I had no idea a mod can break a PC, or an xbox like that video.

Don't trust me?

:blush: ... :s

A better one, sure to fail:

Create an Actor, and attach this script to it (works on Skyrim and FO4):

Whit this code also the menu will fail to start because it is too aggressive (doing nothing.)

On a console? You need to hard reset the console...

CPU, that code of yours kind of reminds me of a Linux Fork Bomb.

If there was a way to do a "fork" in Papyrus I will have used it.

But this is the best you can do to break the game.

And yes, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Fork of the same thread forever on the Orion code. I watched while loops to never end in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those scripts will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to do proper coding.

the main difference with CPU's code though is that on PC we can deal with it. we already have a fallout 4 save game editor (looks like nexus took it down for now for "review" aka virus scare). i was digging through the current papyrus source looking to see if there was a platform detection method just to intentionally had a console nuker in the event it was ripped off, but i didn't see anything in my preliminary reading.

forking in papyrus is easy too. create a spell that is fire and forget with a 0 duration, then put your nuke loop in OnEffectFinish. then cast it over and over on the player. that will spawn new threads for each casting.

also ddp is an drama slut so i tend to just gloss over anything he does. i have a hard time getting over his calling everything as aids. and dont get me started on that mod /he/ stole from me. the one i was colabbing with people here on LL about and then he finished and released it shittily while i was at work the next day. the one that turns followers into horses.

the main difference with CPU's code though is that on PC we can deal with it. we already have a fallout 4 save game editor (looks like nexus took it down for now for "review" aka virus scare). i was digging through the current papyrus source looking to see if there was a platform detection method just to intentionally had a console nuker in the event it was ripped off, but i didn't see anything in my preliminary reading.

forking in papyrus is easy too. create a spell that is fire and forget with a 0 duration, then put your nuke loop in OnEffectFinish. then cast it over and over on the player. that will spawn new threads for each casting.

also ddp is an drama slut so i tend to just gloss over anything he does. i have a hard time getting over his calling everything as aids.

Nice!

I know have a better clue how to create a super-spam-destroying mod for FO4 on XB1!

Ans Spells are a valid object, with valid events, for FO4.

But the .isXBox() function is no more available. (And isPS3()) so I am not sure now how to block just XB1 and PS4.

Minor problem. (Because it was a proof of concept or a scholastic example, not something I will do. I personally will blame to death people doing it for real.)

Ur aids

We are just joking.

Not doing it for real.

Just proving that it is actually possible to do it.

That video might be a ruse, the conveniently placed stuff left to the TV and the green flickering light between all the bags could indicate the Xbone was plugged in to a different outlet and the plug of that might have been simply pulled. Just a thought.

I used to work customer service ad sales support for a major carrier in the US.  During that time I saw some of the strangest things that could brick phones and tablets from all the major manufacturers.  One of the strangest was on iphones.  Unless it has been fixed when you set the date to before a certain time the phone wont even turn on anymore.  No way to fix either.  If you want to check it out there should still be some youtube videos about it.

I bring that oddity up specifically to illustrate a point:  No matter how robust the system should be there is always a way, usually so stupidly simple it boggles the mind designers overlooked it, to make something that will turn your PC/console/smartphone/tablet/fancy technological doodad into nothing more than a very expensive paperweight.

I also know that someone out there will think that it would be hilarious to release such a program.  I remember back when the IPhone 6 launched some wise guys circulated some fake ads on facebook and youtube a feature they were calling Wave. Supposedly it would allow the iPhone to charge in the microwave.  Naturally all manor of people thought it was legit and proceeded to blow up their phone and microwave.  Sure enough  the angry consumers tried getting the carrier I worked with to replace the equipment. 

We're going to have to be a little more careful with mods for a while because some one will write something to cause bad things, then some one else will do the same to try to get some payback.

And CPU- Great reference to an amazing movie.

I remember back when the IPhone 6 launched some wise guys circulated some fake ads on facebook and youtube a feature they were calling Wave.

To be fair that shit was hilarious. I also spammed ads about the new "IPhone bend" that was charged by an internal motor by bending it to the breaking point a couple of times.

I used to work customer service ad sales support for a major carrier in the US.  During that time I saw some of the strangest things that could brick phones and tablets from all the major manufacturers.  One of the strangest was on iphones.  Unless it has been fixed when you set the date to before a certain time the phone wont even turn on anymore.  No way to fix either.  If you want to check it out there should still be some youtube videos about it.

I bring that oddity up specifically to illustrate a point:  No matter how robust the system should be there is always a way, usually so stupidly simple it boggles the mind designers overlooked it, to make something that will turn your PC/console/smartphone/tablet/fancy technological doodad into nothing more than a very expensive paperweight.

I also know that someone out there will think that it would be hilarious to release such a program.  I remember back when the IPhone 6 launched some wise guys circulated some fake ads on facebook and youtube a feature they were calling Wave. Supposedly it would allow the iPhone to charge in the microwave.  Naturally all manor of people thought it was legit and proceeded to blow up their phone and microwave.  Sure enough  the angry consumers tried getting the carrier I worked with to replace the equipment. 

We're going to have to be a little more careful with mods for a while because some one will write something to cause bad things, then some one else will do the same to try to get some payback.

And CPU- Great reference to an amazing movie.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, just that you shouldn't believe everything people claim, especially on the internet. And for me it does look like the power was simply cut, and not the mod causing the Xbone to go dark. Pretty sure it's a ruse to scare the evil console peasants with that PC vs console war DD is desperately trying to instigate, seemingly forgetting the fact that only his fellow PC mustard race comrades can actually upload anything on beth.net.

All console users can do is download mods from beth.net. To download a mod from the nexus and upload it to beth.net as a mod consoles can use you need a PC, a copy of FO4 for PC and the CK.

i honestly think the Console Peasants are getting what they deserve for stealing mods. 

ayyyyy-   i really like how youve been a member since 2014 & this is your first post  :shy:

Ur aids

:blush:   just fuckin kiss me  :P

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Archived