Console Players can get their consoles nuked by bad mods

If what it takes is a humongous egowhore to stand up because other MA's are afraid of little twats and don't want the hate because they just want to mod safely and securely.. then I'll fucking take that mantle. 

Ousnius seemed very chill about it in the CBBE was in bethesdanet post (and all those "console faggots" are thirty for cbbe+nude)

That's because I already destroyed my entire apartment before thinking of how to react (jk).

If what it takes is a humongous egowhore to stand up because other MA's are afraid of little twats and don't want the hate because they just want to mod safely and securely.. then I'll fucking take that mantle. 

Ousnius seemed very chill about it in the CBBE was in bethesdanet post (and all those "console faggots" are thirty for cbbe+nude)

That's because I already destroyed my entire apartment before thinking of how to react (jk).

wont use to break some legs? :angry:

just kidding, for all i know you could do loot more yourself. hiding cbbe would properly couse the internett to melt down. :P 

please dont!^^

Every step of the way FO4 has been done wrong: releasing an unfinished game that could have stood several months more development just to meet the Xmas rush; mod support and CK not ready at release for a game that depends on mods for long-term survival; pushing ahead with console mod support before securing the legal permission of console manufacturers; and now failure to allow easy reporting of stolen mods on their distribution platform.

What else will they do to screw things up? Paid downloads from BethNet?

sometimes i just ask myself what would Gopher do?

(because he's always calm+cool+collective and the voice of reason... also my sensei)

Ohhhhhh I probably shouldn't tell you that someone with the G name is in our group chat and had a lot of the ideas for detecting consoles etc....

Also ous is in there too and loses his shit at the stolen shit daily. They just cant afford/don't want the backlash I am getting, and the fact I am getting it this badly just proves how stupid bethesdas platform is. It helps I'm a sadist and a masochist. 

im calling it- DDprodctions is a big fan of ZaZ's animations pack and Defeat 

well youre not getting shit here, it must be Nexus, youtube, and bethnet, right? eitherways who gives a fuck what simple minded console players think (theyre ingrates & they dont know any better- products of "bad parenting" & "the public school system")

ayyyy- I was trying to find Gopher in the gtkyma so i could see his face (you should make a guest list in the description)

Ousnius seemed very chill about it in the CBBE was in bethesdanet post (and all those "console faggots" are thirsty* for cbbe+nude)

ayyyy-  i think your player-character avatar expresses your feelings on this subject :lol:

Every step of the way FO4 has been done wrong: releasing an unfinished game that could have stood several months more development just to meet the Xmas rush; mod support and CK not ready at release for a game that depends on mods for long-term survival; pushing ahead with console mod support before securing the legal permission of console manufacturers; and now failure to allow easy reporting of stolen mods on their distribution platform.

Don't think they will even try to ask money to download mods, to make this, they will need a better control for mods.

For the rest, CK always launch after the game, i think in skyrim took 6 months to be released, FO4 have less bugs them skyrim has in the release.

For the game be unfinished... don't think so, fo4 was pretty solid, but the game seen short, there is one main quest, some side quests, but nothing huge, in comparison with others beth games, i think fo4 is very limited in quests, if was not for the settlements, the game could be finished way too quickly...

Is there any way that modder can add their signature inside the mods and it cant be change?

That is not easy. Not at all.

But there are some tricks that can be used.

1) On DDS, on the area that is not used by the UV map, put your name. (Who steal a mod usually does not alter them. They are lazy.)

2) On the code, put some comments with your name. (Who steal a mod usually does not alter them. They are lazy.)

3) On the actual ESP create an object that you will not really use, and has clearly your name on it. Including an URL where you first published the mod.

These are tricks, but are good enough to prove that you are the original author of the mod.

And for LL they are fully accepted.

Of course Beth.net is a different subject.

that would depend on how detailed and how far the modder wants to go to place their mark on everything they do. it also depends on what asset the modder made and/or who's assets the modder used. texture wise lower channels can have a sig. or mark placed with photoshop but can be changed but not often are those looked at. .esp's can be signed within the CK but it too can be changed if it's seen. pretty much nothing short of placing your own code within an asset is going to hold afaik. just depends on the thief I suppose.

Agreed.

But think about "Thieves" that just upload your work.

They will be caught quickly.

If somebody take your work, and do a full check and re-write to remove all the "hidden copyright info" you put inside, then that will be hard to prove. But again, how often will you do it?

And keep in mind that if you upload to Beth.net, the mod is property of Beth.net.

Re-download, change the name, re-upload.

And ask money for it, in case paying mods will be done. (I don't think so, just my opinion.)

Right now, I'm just putting links on beth.net back to nexus, and on nexus, to the console version.

(since I use a different name on each)

However, I will be adding BOOBIES!!! soon, so, the console people will have that to worry about. :P

Hiding things in the assets isn't a bad idea, problem for some of us is, we don't have consoles to test with,

the file sizes are going to be different, and we don't have the TIME to check every stinkin mod uploaded.

Part of me wants to say, if no boobies involved, just have the MA upload the thing, and then let the console users

worry about what breaks. 4k textures, um, don't. oh, you tried. derp.

I'm uploading everything I make to the consoles right now, as that's part of what the closed beta was about.

Yeah, it's not closed, but seeing how the mods work on consoles IS part of what we agreed to in the beginning.

So I'm gonna keep doing that.

The remastered skyrim though.... THAT is going to be a nightmare unless they have staff ready to check stuff asap when

uploaded. (mind you, a ton of it requires a script extender, so consoles MAY be out of luck, unless beth incorporates SKSE

into the remastered game)

I've hated consoles for years for what they've done to the gaming industry and game developement.

Nothing I've seen recently changes that, just reinforces it.

"scotty, beam me up, there's no intelligent life down here."

:P

EDIT: sorry for the wall of text, it does NOT look that way when typing. must be due to the problems LL has been having lately.

:(

"scotty, beam me up, there's no intelligent life down here."

“Consoles make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to serve under them.” - Spock (sort of.)

http://i.imgur.com/svNKG7i.jpg

Called it. The blurring on the screen was the Xbone telling him the power supply has been cut as Xbones apparently do that when the power suddenly goes out to prevent damage to the system. WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT THAT DDP MIGHT HAVE LIED?

Even a sketchy video which shows basically nothing is enough if people already have an agenda and desperately grasp at every straw that might come into view.

Would've been nice if the whole platform wars bullshit can be buried now. I am mighty disappointed that nothing was said in that matter and even worse, some moderators even indulging in the same old drama that is platfrom vs platform. Seems that an open minded, friendly and inviting community (as is pointed out in the rules) only counts as long as you are part of the right group. The irony levels are so high it might just physically harm someone.

I like to do a citation of Dark0ne, from his last post on Nexus (just a sentence, not the whole pamphlet):

"...If your issue is with mods being on consoles at all out of some bigoted view of PCs being better than consoles, then piss off. Seriously, just go. There’s no place for you in this community. ..." (link)

Now, joking is joking. And everybody can do that.

Drama is not acceptable. (And against the rules here.)

With the last post of @GrimReaper, can we consider this thread closed now?

Back to modding (searching, installing, using, discussing, blaming, actually creating them, etc.)

K.R.,

svNKG7i.jpg

Called it. The blurring on the screen was the Xbone telling him the power supply has been cut as Xbones apparently do that when the power suddenly goes out to prevent damage to the system. WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT THAT DDP MIGHT HAVE LIED?

Even a sketchy video which shows basically nothing is enough if people already have an agenda and desperately grasp at every straw that might come into view.

Would've been nice if the whole platform wars bullshit can be buried now. I am mighty disappointed that nothing was said in that matter and even worse, some moderators even indulging in the same old drama that is platfrom vs platform. Seems that an open minded, friendly and inviting community (as is pointed out in the rules) only counts as long as you are part of the right group. The irony levels are so high it might just physically harm someone.

Change your member title to  Detective! :cool:

svNKG7i.jpg

Actually you are stupid and still wrong, I will open the unblurred video from private to public in a few hours, that's a ingame message box... herp derp. Much detective

Is there any way that modder can add their signature inside the mods and it cant be change?

That is not easy. Not at all.

But there are some tricks that can be used.

1) On DDS, on the area that is not used by the UV map, put your name. (Who steal a mod usually does not alter them. They are lazy.)

2) On the code, put some comments with your name. (Who steal a mod usually does not alter them. They are lazy.)

3) On the actual ESP create an object that you will not really use, and has clearly your name on it. Including an URL where you first published the mod.

These are tricks, but are good enough to prove that you are the original author of the mod.

And for LL they are fully accepted.

Of course Beth.net is a different subject.

i see, thank you!

They will just remove the mod.

And yes, it is easy to crate a XB1 mod that breaks an XB1, but is is easy also to create a PC mod that breaks a PC.

Don't trust me?

Create a mod, create an object (an actor for example), add a script to it with this code:

I saw a bunch of scripts like this, on Skyrim, just because the author had no idea how to write a script.

Wouldn't really call making an infinite loop and wasting memory "breaking" a pc. (Strings have a size limit too) You can just close the game and it will be fine.

Don't think they will even try to ask money to download mods, to make this, they will need a better control for mods.

For the rest, CK always launch after the game, i think in skyrim took 6 months to be released, FO4 have less bugs them skyrim has in the release.

For the game be unfinished... don't think so, fo4 was pretty solid, but the game seen short, there is one main quest, some side quests, but nothing huge, in comparison with others beth games, i think fo4 is very limited in quests, if was not for the settlements, the game could be finished way too quickly...

Bethesda has already proven their willingness to try and charge for downloads in the past. Only this time they have a lock on the sole source for console users. They're the ones I expect to face that issue, even if Bethesda doesn't have everything else under control.

Skyrim's CK only took two months, which was still a major departure from all previous titles when it was released with the game. But Skyrim was a good enough game on its own to be fun without mods at first. FO4 can't make the same claim IMO.

FO4 was empty compared to the open environment of their previous titles. So many buildings were just closed off where in the past we could explore. The Main Quest was boring and was presented so poorly it felt like an afterthought. Most "quests" were just radiant quests that got shoved down our throats (a la Preston Garvey) or were the same dungeon crawls that dominated Skyrim. Non-companion characters were often two-dimensional. Don't even get me started on the lackluster plot and the serious logic holes throughout. All of that is why I call it "unfinished." That and the scores of content that were cut out to be released as DLC, if ever. In looking at the unused content already in-game, FO4 feels more than a little bit like KoTOR II where the company had everything there and ready to be implemented, but their slave masters host company made them release it before everything could be done.

As for settlements, that's too dominant a feature. This is supposed to be an action-RPG, not a first-person version of a Sim game. It's not even much of an RPG.

Yes, it doesn't have as many bugs as Skyrim did at first. They got that much right. Mostly because there just wan't that much to debug.

Archived