Did you try the reset quest option in the MCM? Sometimes that will be necessary to get things working after an update.

Yes I've tried that. Have also tried alternating between 4th wall and normal player comments, for the 4th wall I'll get one comment right after activating it. But nothing for the normal player comments.

Also removing the mod, cleaning the save and re-installing does not help. I get 1 comment after a clean install and then no more.

Help pls!

Seems to work ok, once you realise you should disable one of the player dialog/4th wall options.

One thing I would like to see tho is more references to the PC being a murderous hobo. Ie explaining why everyone hates them.

ie:

"Did you at least wait until after breakfast before murdering someone today?"

"Does desecrating our ancestral graves turn you on or something?"

"Slaughtered any peasants recently?"

"Yeah, yeah, they claimed the bandits attacked them. But it's not like there are any living witnesses...."

"I don't remember anyone making you Jarl. What gives you the right to kill everyone?"

"Always poking your nose in where it doesn't belong, arn't you?"

"I hear the dragon attacks are your fault!"

"Robbed any tombs lately?"

"Been poking around in cursed ruins again?"

"I think you deserve worse than you get..."

"Murderer."

"What makes you so special? Anyone could have been the dragonborn if you ask me."

"Another village got attacked. Where were you? Hiding in a dwemer ruin."

...etc.

I like them, they just aren't very... sexist.

It also pretty much hints at you being Dragonborn and well known (while other comments treat you like just some random adventuress).

If we start with comments like those we might should think about moving them to its own category so it can be toggled on and off at any time.

On the other hand this opens up the possibility of comments for Male characters too.

And when I say "we" I mean Jim because the rest of us ist just there to suggest/ download/ comment on stuff x]

Seems to work ok, once you realise you should disable one of the player dialog/4th wall options.

One thing I would like to see tho is more references to the PC being a murderous hobo. Ie explaining why everyone hates them.

ie:

"Did you at least wait until after breakfast before murdering someone today?"

"Does desecrating our ancestral graves turn you on or something?"

"Slaughtered any peasants recently?"

"Yeah, yeah, they claimed the bandits attacked them. But it's not like there are any living witnesses...."

"I don't remember anyone making you Jarl. What gives you the right to kill everyone?"

"Always poking your nose in where it doesn't belong, arn't you?"

"I hear the dragon attacks are your fault!"

"Robbed any tombs lately?"

"Been poking around in cursed ruins again?"

"I think you deserve worse than you get..."

"Murderer."

"What makes you so special? Anyone could have been the dragonborn if you ask me."

"Another village got attacked. Where were you? Hiding in a dwemer ruin."

...etc.

I like them, they just aren't very... sexist.

It also pretty much hints at you being Dragonborn and well known (while other comments treat you like just some random adventuress).

If we start with comments like those we might should think about moving them to its own category so it can be toggled on and off at any time.

On the other hand this opens up the possibility of comments for Male characters too.

And when I say "we" I mean Jim because the rest of us ist just there to suggest/ download/ comment on stuff x]

I agree. I play as a non dragonborn a lot, so I get annoyed when references show up. :)

v2.60 update is showing a conflict in MO the mod Taxes of the Nine Holds is overwriting file: /scripts/ski_playerloadgamealias.pex, i think thats why im not getting 4th wall comments anymore?

This same .pex file is also present in Weapon Parry Standalone Mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71666/?). It also displays a conflict in MO, I loaded SG DDv2.60 at the bottom of my load order and am not sure that is a problem as the standard v2.0 displays theplayer comments perfectly.

How about different behaviour of the town guards and possibly degrading comments (of the guards and people)?

Let's say, the guards of Solitude and Whiterun always arrest you, since they are somehow honourable and proud of their work.

The guards of Rifton try to extort money or let you work the debt off in their barracks (guard whore) if you haven't enough money. If you complain, you are sent to prison – either by using a prison mod or by adding an own punishment sequence that handels your re-education (prison whore).

The guards of Windhelm always go for public humiliation. They either make you walk around and serve the people of Windhelm as a public whore, or make you their plaything if you promise to be their good little girl for a while (guard whore).

This!

But the guards in Windhelm should probably treat you like if they were guards from Solitude if you are a Nord, but treat horribly everyone else. You know... racism.

And just to balance it out a little imperial camps could be distrustful to Nords... and treat you like shit if you wear stormcloak armor... In vanilla they do notice if you wear armor of the opposing faction so it shouldn't be very hard to copy the prerequisities, I believe  ^_^

On the other hand... I have so many ideas for racial dependent comments  :blink: I need to think 'em through and contribute a little haha  :lol:

v2.60 update is showing a conflict in MO the mod Taxes of the Nine Holds is overwriting file: /scripts/ski_playerloadgamealias.pex, i think thats why im not getting 4th wall comments anymore?

This same .pex file is also present in Weapon Parry Standalone Mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71666/?). It also displays a conflict in MO, I loaded SG DDv2.60 at the bottom of my load order and am not sure that is a problem as the standard v2.0 displays theplayer comments perfectly.

yeah MO was telling me to place taxes of the nine holds after this mods and ive reset everything in MCM, upon resetting my character will say something but that would be the last time :P

edit* just realised when i knock over objects my character doesn't get raped?

Also stopped working Player 4th Wall Comments.

I compared SexistGuards.bsa in 2.55 and 2.60:

except excess ski_playerloadgamealias.pex in 2.60 also lacks a script _sexistguardsplayer4thwallcomments.pex.

I think the problem is this.

update:

Added _sexistguardsplayer4thwallcomments.pex from 2.55 to Data\scripts\, and Player Comments working again.

How about different behaviour of the town guards and possibly degrading comments (of the guards and people)?

Let's say, the guards of Solitude and Whiterun always arrest you, since they are somehow honourable and proud of their work.

The guards of Rifton try to extort money or let you work the debt off in their barracks (guard whore) if you haven't enough money. If you complain, you are sent to prison – either by using a prison mod or by adding an own punishment sequence that handels your re-education (prison whore).

The guards of Windhelm always go for public humiliation. They either make you walk around and serve the people of Windhelm as a public whore, or make you their plaything if you promise to be their good little girl for a while (guard whore).

This!

But the guards in Windhelm should probably treat you like if they were guards from Solitude if you are a Nord, but treat horribly everyone else. You know... racism.

And just to balance it out a little imperial camps could be distrustful to Nords... and treat you like shit if you wear stormcloak armor... In vanilla they do notice if you wear armor of the opposing faction so it shouldn't be very hard to copy the prerequisities, I believe  ^_^

On the other hand... I have so many ideas for racial dependent comments  :blink: I need to think 'em through and contribute a little haha  :lol:

Damn. I missed that. Good point. :D

except excess ski_playerloadgamealias.pex in 2.60 also lacks a script _sexistguardsplayer4thwallcomments.pex.

update:
Added _sexistguardsplayer4thwallcomments.pex from 2.55 to Data\scripts\, and Player Comments working again.

Was having the same problem, this fixed it. Thanks

update:

Was having the same problem, this fixed it. Thanks

Oh dear...looks like I made a boo boo when saving the mod out!

New version up which should fix those issues.

Hey man, loving the mod, just a quick suggestion: Maybe add faction checks to the person saying the faction based comment?

I'm loving the "Companion Bitch" comments but recently while being raped by Brelyna up at the college (was briefly enslaved to J'Zargo) she said "How was that being taken by a real woman instead of your colleagues at the college" (or something along those lines) which is not game-breaking, but something you may want to consider.

Hey, I have been using this mod in my latest game and so far loving it!

Not sure if you are still taking suggestions, but I'd like to see more comments depending on whether you are wearing a skimpy armor or not.

So far I think only the PC makes occasional comments if the checkbox for skimpy armor is on (or at least can't remember an NPC commenting about it).

What I was thinking was to add more armor categories such as:

- Intimidating

- Normal

- skimpy

- Slutty

All of them would have to be manually set by player in MCM depending on the armor of choice.

So when wearing an armor and "Intimidating" checkbox is on, NPCs would make comments such as : "Who do you think you are woman!, know your place!!" Or "You think you are tough or something woman??"

When wearing a "normal" armor (not too revealing, not too intimidating), NPCs make the usual sexistl comments.

When wearing a skimpy armor, NPCs would make comments remarking the barely-covering nature of the armor: "Are you trying to seduce a troll with that?" Or "Nice pair of legs... when do they open?", or (from female NPCs) "Dressing like that is an invite for trouble".

And when wearing a "slutty" outfit, NPCs may assume you are a whore and comment accordingly: "Hey slut, how much for sucking my schlong?". From there a conversation could be triggered where the dragonborn could reply:

A. Sorry, not interested (persuade)

B. Idiot, I'm not for sale!!, hey, ...wait!

C. Get away from my sight or I'll kill you (intimidation)

If PC has enough persuation level (and selected that option), character walks away normally, but if it fails, NPC comments something like "I won't take a NO as an answer from a slut" and maybe a brawl or fight could be triggered. If a brawl, I guess if PC wins it walks away proudly. If NPC wins, rapes PC. If a fight is triggered instead (whatever is easier to code), PC could be marked as having committed a crime and guards would go all out against PC. From there depending on the outcome rape could occur or maybe sent to prison (or PC manages to flee from whatever town the event occurred).

Option B could lead directly to sex or "let's look for a more private place". Maybe use this option as a light unwillingly-prostitution mod.

Option C would be similar to option A, but depending of the intimidation level.

As having these type of "conversations" on all male NPCs all the time just because wearing a slutty armor could be kind of annoying, the chance to trigger these "conversations" could be set to a random chance (MCM configurable), or maybe even link it to a certain arousal threshold of NPCs. Of course when wearing a slutty armor, all NPCs in line of sight would increase arousal over time.

Whenever these conversations are not triggered, NPCs would still comment on the slutty clothes.

My 2 cents

Not sure if you are still taking suggestions, but I'd like to see more comments depending on whether you are wearing a skimpy armor or not.

So far I think only the PC makes occasional comments if the checkbox for skimpy armor is on (or at least can't remember an NPC commenting about it).

- Intimidating

- Normal

- skimpy

- Slutty

All of them would have to be manually set by player in MCM depending on the armor of choice.

So when wearing an armor and "Intimidating" checkbox is on, NPCs would make comments such as : "Who do you think you are woman!, know your place!!" Or "You think you are tough or something woman??"

When wearing a "normal" armor (not too revealing, not too intimidating), NPCs make the usual sexistl comments.

When wearing a skimpy armor, NPCs would make comments remarking the barely-covering nature of the armor: "Are you trying to seduce a troll with that?" Or "Nice pair of legs... when do they open?", or (from female NPCs) "Dressing like that is an invite for trouble".

And when wearing a "slutty" outfit, NPCs may assume you are a whore and comment accordingly: "Hey slut, how much for sucking my schlong?". From there a conversation could be triggered where the dragonborn could reply:

If PC has enough persuation level (and selected that option), character walks away normally, but if it fails, NPC comments something like "I won't take a NO as an answer from a slut" and maybe a brawl or fight could be triggered. If a brawl, I guess if PC wins it walks away proudly. If NPC wins, rapes PC. If a fight is triggered instead (whatever is easier to code), PC could be marked as having committed a crime and guards would go all out against PC. From there depending on the outcome rape could occur or maybe sent to prison (or PC manages to flee from whatever town the event occurred).

Option B could lead directly to sex or "let's look for a more private place". Maybe use this option as a light unwillingly-prostitution mod.

As having these type of "conversations" on all male NPCs all the time just because wearing a slutty armor could be kind of annoying, the chance to trigger these "conversations" could be set to a random chance (MCM configurable), or maybe even link it to a certain arousal threshold of NPCs. Of course when wearing a slutty armor, all NPCs in line of sight would increase arousal over time.

Whenever these conversations are not triggered, NPCs would still comment on the slutty clothes.

My 2 cents

I'm always taking suggestions :)

These are great, but the actual implementation of them is quite time consuming as you need to write dialogue for each possibility, something I learned very quickly when I introduced traits into the mix! I shall be having a serious look at how dialogue is arranged shortly and I shall almost certainly be changing the way traits work so there are fewer of them and they are more distinct.

****UPDATE TIME****

Been a while since I've looked at this mod. Anyone who has been following my Traps & Pitfalls mod will know that I have been working heavily on that and it is now at a stage where it is really interesting to use on a proper play through.

Any way, while I have been playing (yet) another play through of Skyrim (maybe I'll finish it this time) I noticed a few issues with the player/4th wall dialogue. I know it has been reported here that the dialogue seemed to stop after a while and I think I've traced it down to the xMarker movement system not working quite as intended.

I've removed this from the player/4th wall quest line and it all seems to be working again and you character is once again chatty! The downside is it has re-introduced the disappearing subtitles if you are moving too quickly the upside is that the subtitles don't get stuck on the screen any more!

Not sure if I can really fix it, seems like a bug in Skyrim that if you move someone while they are talking then the dialogue gets stuck.

I've also added a few more lines of dialogue and removed any conditions based upon arousal level...it wasn't really being used anyway.

Another bit of good news is that Traps & Pitfalls now has a soft dependency for Devious Devices which means.....dum dum duuuum!...this mod will shortly receive the same upgrade! The only dependency this mod will then have is SexLab and I could get rid of that if you don't mind losing the instant rape events which only makes up a very very small part of this mod (I await your feedback :) ) So rejoice all those that do not use Devious Devices...you'll soon get access to the very latest version!

I just wanted to say I really like how descriptive you are in the mod description. I feel like a lot of mods fail to explain themselves well, and you explained your mod very well. You even included examples and situations! Thank you for that. Will definitely give this mod a try.

These are great, but the actual implementation of them is quite time consuming as you need to write dialogue for each possibility, something I learned very quickly when I introduced traits into the mix! I shall be having a serious look at how dialogue is arranged shortly and I shall almost certainly be changing the way traits work so there are fewer of them and they are more distinct.

****UPDATE TIME****

Been a while since I've looked at this mod. Anyone who has been following my Traps & Pitfalls mod will know that I have been working heavily on that and it is now at a stage where it is really interesting to use on a proper play through.

Any way, while I have been playing (yet) another play through of Skyrim (maybe I'll finish it this time) I noticed a few issues with the player/4th wall dialogue. I know it has been reported here that the dialogue seemed to stop after a while and I think I've traced it down to the xMarker movement system not working quite as intended.

I've removed this from the player/4th wall quest line and it all seems to be working again and you character is once again chatty! The downside is it has re-introduced the disappearing subtitles if you are moving too quickly the upside is that the subtitles don't get stuck on the screen any more!

Not sure if I can really fix it, seems like a bug in Skyrim that if you move someone while they are talking then the dialogue gets stuck.

I've also added a few more lines of dialogue and removed any conditions based upon arousal level...it wasn't really being used anyway.

Another bit of good news is that Traps & Pitfalls now has a soft dependency for Devious Devices which means.....dum dum duuuum!...this mod will shortly receive the same upgrade! The only dependency this mod will then have is SexLab and I could get rid of that if you don't mind losing the instant rape events which only makes up a very very small part of this mod (I await your feedback :) ) So rejoice all those that do not use Devious Devices...you'll soon get access to the very latest version!

Thanks for the update, just wanted to quickly report that Player Comments seem to be broken, while 4th wall works fine (on a clean save).  Everything else seemed to work fine at a glance.  The other thing I noticed is that the "x marker follows" option still exists in the MCM menu, which I assume just does nothing now.

Am keeping an eye on Traps and Pitfalls for sure, will defiantly give it a proper shot at some point, especially if it ends up getting a big collection of "adult" trap results or mini-scenes ect.

[quote name="MixedupJim"

These are great, but the actual implementation of them is quite time consuming as you need to write dialogue for each possibility, something I learned very quickly when I introduced traits into the mix! I shall be having a serious look at how dialogue is arranged shortly and I shall almost certainly be changing the way traits work so there are fewer of them and they are more distinctions.

Well, I sure lack of nodding skills, but one thing I'm sure I can help with (and probably other members of this community) is to write those dialogues. If you ever need help with those at least I would be happy to help.

I just wanted to say I really like how descriptive you are in the mod description. I feel like a lot of mods fail to explain themselves well, and you explained your mod very well. You even included examples and situations! Thank you for that. Will definitely give this mod a try.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you give it a try :)

Thanks for the update, just wanted to quickly report that Player Comments seem to be broken, while 4th wall works fine (on a clean save).  Everything else seemed to work fine at a glance.  The other thing I noticed is that the "x marker follows" option still exists in the MCM menu, which I assume just does nothing now.

Am keeping an eye on Traps and Pitfalls for sure, will defiantly give it a proper shot at some point, especially if it ends up getting a big collection of "adult" trap results or mini-scenes ect.

Hmm....I'm sure player comments were working for me, I'll recheck.

Traps and Pitfalls will get some more adult traps and some mini-scenes. Pitfalls will be the part I'm working on next :)

[quote name="MixedupJim"

These are great, but the actual implementation of them is quite time consuming as you need to write dialogue for each possibility, something I learned very quickly when I introduced traits into the mix! I shall be having a serious look at how dialogue is arranged shortly and I shall almost certainly be changing the way traits work so there are fewer of them and they are more distinctions.

Well, I sure lack of nodding skills, but one thing I'm sure I can help with (and probably other members of this community) is to write those dialogues. If you ever need help with those at least I would be happy to help.

Dialogue is always welcomed  :)

- Intimidating

- Normal

- skimpy

- Slutty

My 2 cents

****UPDATE TIME****

Ya know except for the Guard scenario I never encountered an insta rape scenario anyway :D

Hmm....I'm sure player comments were working for me, I'll recheck.

Traps and Pitfalls will get some more adult traps and some mini-scenes. Pitfalls will be the part I'm working on next :)

Just a follow up, everything seems to be working fine after playing for awhile with both comment options on.  It took a full dungeon run, but after moving to an inn both comment options suddenly started firing consistently.

I'm assuming it might be something to do with the default timers when the mod is first installed on a clean save, as 4th wall was working but not firing as often as I would expect (putting it at a 3 minute max).  The reason I thought player comments were broken was that even toggling the quest on and off wouldn't show them, unlike 4th wall.

Either way, false alarm, thanks for the update.  ;)

I think I may have figured something out. While the 4th wall stuff isn't applicable since it seems to be marker based or something, once I added an additional mod (Dovahkiin's Infamy) the player dialogue lines instantly disappear when they appear now. It may be that mods that use the Fuz Ro Dah silent feature conflict with each other for whatever reason. Then again I'm still using 2.0 since I don't use DD so hard to say :P

Hello everyone, i have an issue about dialogues are all binding over each other. On player comment, she waits 15 seconds ( as i set on mcm ) to comment and she pick one from each pool of comments and saying them together with half a second between them, making all of it unreadable except the last one. 

Did i do some options wrong or is this a bug?

Just a follow up, everything seems to be working fine after playing for awhile with both comment options on.  It took a full dungeon run, but after moving to an inn both comment options suddenly started firing consistently.

I'm assuming it might be something to do with the default timers when the mod is first installed on a clean save, as 4th wall was working but not firing as often as I would expect (putting it at a 3 minute max).  The reason I thought player comments were broken was that even toggling the quest on and off wouldn't show them, unlike 4th wall.

That's good to hear :) It may well be the default timer settings, I'll have to check what I set them to :)

I think I may have figured something out. While the 4th wall stuff isn't applicable since it seems to be marker based or something, once I added an additional mod (Dovahkiin's Infamy) the player dialogue lines instantly disappear when they appear now. It may be that mods that use the Fuz Ro Dah silent feature conflict with each other for whatever reason. Then again I'm still using 2.0 since I don't use DD so hard to say :P

It is possible that another mod conflicts especially if it adds a lot of dialogue to the game.

Hello everyone, i have an issue about dialogues are all binding over each other. On player comment, she waits 15 seconds ( as i set on mcm ) to comment and she pick one from each pool of comments and saying them together with half a second between them, making all of it unreadable except the last one. 

Did i do some options wrong or is this a bug?

This generally happens if you have both player comments and 4th wall comments switched on, ideally you just need to pick one or the other.

15 seconds is also probably a bit too short in terms of a delay. I'd say realistically the minimum amount of time between player/4th wall comments would be 120 seconds.

You need to factor in the amount of time it takes for the papyrus script to start the relevant scene, the scene to decide your location and then pick a random comment from the pool which meets further criteria. I suspect 15 seconds is no where near long enough :) try 120 seconds as minimum and 180 seconds maximum. Your character will still remain very chatty but the lines of dialogue shouldn't overwrite each other (at least not as much)

That's good to hear :) It may well be the default timer settings, I'll have to check what I set them to :)

It might just be an issue of detecting certain locations or a conflict on my end, inns fire both consistently but outside/weather non-4th wall comments still seem rare.  Probably not worth spending much time on unless others/yourself see something similar, they do work and I'm enjoying trying out the 4th wall comments for a change anyway.  

The mod definitely is a permanent mod in my load order, to the point that I quickly had to kill off the comments provided by Dovakin Infamy mostly because they were overriding the SG comments.