It's 2016 and I'm still playing Skyrim! Why or Why Not?

With all the other games with "better" graphics, story, mechanics, etc. , why are you/we still playing Skyrim?

Aside from all the feels I get and associate with the game and the work of all modders who definitely made the game a lot more enjoyable, I guess the challenge of modding and keeping a stable game adds to the "fun" of playing it over and over. After checking my office/work emails, I always find myself browsing through the Nexus and Loverslab for tthings that can enrich my Skyrim experience knowing that behind me are countless corrupted saves, game data verification and full reinstalls etc and countless "resurrections" of my "perfect" "stable" game. 

Stumbled on this video from Shinji72 who introduced me to Loverslab which I think approximates the closest things/reasons why I still play Skyrim:

Still Playin' Skyrim

Same as the upper poster... ENB + wonderful mods (especially SL sex mods) Skyrim captured my heart. Beside Sims 3, I can have a sex as much as I want, much more then in real life.  lol...

Guest endgameaddiction

I'm still on Skyrim because FO4 turned out to be a deception.

My intentions with TES was only to mod Skyrim and play their previous sequels without mods. However, Oblivion is probably a better game story wise than Skyrim. And I prefer their older games for modding anyways. The simplicity. As long as Oblivion isn't game breaking with scripts, I pretty sure I will enjoy it as much as I did Fallout 3.

I'm still playing Skyrim because I still haven't completed the Thieves Guild quest... or the Dark Brotherhood quest... or most of the Daedric quest.. or Dawnguard or Dragonborn for that matter.

Too busy sinking my spare time fitting round Papyrus scripts into square CK editor holes.

With all the texture mods out there plus some nice enb's, skyrim can look like a 2016 game. Plus, you have the ability to tailor the way you want your game to be played. Want to play a tycoon style game? Theres a mod for that. Want ultra realistic role play? Theres a couple mods for that :P Sex mods? I think you all know the answer to that :shy: 

The ability to be able to customise your skyrim experience to the way you want, is what makes me always come back to it I think.

I really liked Fallout 4....

But you asked why I play Skyrim when there are soo many better titles available due to the stuff you mentioned.

Answer the mods make the game.

There is just too many things that I can do with Skyrim that still cant even be done in Fo4 even.  It'll be another 3 years of mod development and that's with our "supposedly" best modders jumping ship for the mod hype train.

Back when it was Fallout 3 being the new source of cool, there was Oblivion and people were modding it like the world was going to end compared to Fallout 3.  That's the thing too that despite a lot of people thinking that Fo4 is the place to be for mods....You gotta realize the game was behind at "GO" and on top of that a lotta mod authors that make neat stuff just don't mod outside of TES, so if that stays the same well TES will just have better mods like it has the whole time.

And top that off with Im actively producing mods for TES V.

Can always go play Fo4 later when the mods have developed and all the big scary game ending bugs and the do not do this stuff has been sorted out....Cause coming into Skyrim now like right now, players have a lot more going for their modded game with a whole array of methods to prevent bad set-ups including just asking around.

Speaking of mod authoring....I get to avoid the harassment of being an Fo4 modder assaulted by console gamers that think its our job.

I'm still playing Skyrim because I still haven't completed the Thieves Guild quest... or the Dark Brotherhood quest... or most of the Daedric quest.. or Dawnguard or Dragonborn for that matter.

Too busy sinking my spare time fitting round Papyrus scripts into square CK editor holes.

I can say pretty much same thing. I didn't even finished the main quest yet. :D

Got as far as before going to Aludin's wall. :D

Regarding Oblivion is the same story though I completed the main quest and almost finished Thieves Guild quest line.

I really liked Fallout 4....

But you asked why I play Skyrim when there are soo many better titles available due to the stuff you mentioned.

Answer the mods make the game.

There is just too many things that I can do with Skyrim that still cant even be done in Fo4 even.  It'll be another 3 years of mod development and that's with our "supposedly" best modders jumping ship for the mod hype train.

Back when it was Fallout 3 being the new source of cool, there was Oblivion and people were modding it like the world was going to end compared to Fallout 3.  That's the thing too that despite a lot of people thinking that Fo4 is the place to be for mods....You gotta realize the game was behind at "GO" and on top of that a lotta mod authors that make neat stuff just don't mod outside of TES, so if that stays the same well TES will just have better mods like it has the whole time.

And top that off with Im actively producing mods for TES V.

Can always go play Fo4 later when the mods have developed and all the big scary game ending bugs and the do not do this stuff has been sorted out....Cause coming into Skyrim now like right now, players have a lot more going for their modded game with a whole array of methods to prevent bad set-ups including just asking around.

Speaking of mod authoring....I get to avoid the harassment of being an Fo4 modder assaulted by console gamers that think its our job.

Bethesda automatically owning your mod is also a huge turn off.

Aside from tw3, there are pretty much no games that look as good as fully modded Skyrim overall. The only place it's really showing its age are body and vanilla based armor models.

Same as the upper poster... ENB + wonderful mods (especially SL sex mods) Skyrim captured my heart. Beside Sims 3, I can have a sex as much as I want, much more then in real life.  lol...

see you my friend, for me is Skyrim over a year history!  ;)

because it for me quite easy nothing more gives, Sex in the game, is not important for me, Sex in reality all the more!

You know what body type I am using and that there is no Modder more, the for this body work!  :(

apple-watch-review-gif.gif?w=680

these two games, mean a lot to me much much more, here I was not disappointed!

see you my friend, for me is Skyrim over a year history!  ;)

because it for me quite easy nothing more gives, Sex in the game, is not important for me, Sex in reality all the more!

You know what body type I am using and that there is no Modder more, the for this body work!  :(

I must say that DAI was a great disappointment for me.

And ... lol... wishes are quite different from reality. I wish to have more sex I have now, but it's not the case. Well, playing sex in Skyim and Sims 3doesn't substitute that, but at least make my playing enjoyable.

Hundreds of mods. Now it has much more content than vanilla. I can easily create my own mods or modify existing ones thanks to the CK.

I'm still playing Morrowind for the same reason - mods. I didn't switch to newer games because I'm not interested in them or they were disappointing. Also, my laptop is a piece of crap.

With all the mods, and the sheer size of the game, and the fact there's still , even after over 20k hours of playing parts of it I haven't seen or completed it's the only game I'll be needing. Maybe forever actually. If people keep modding and improving the engine and graphics I'll keep playing it.

Mods and making mods. I got more characters to make, and more to learn about making my own mods.

People are still modding for classic Doom, and that's 20+ years old. There's always something to be gained from sticking to something you're familiar with, as it later prepares you for new things, as long as the same concepts/skill sets apply.

Because I brought it (in fact, the whole anthology) 2 years ago (it was on sale), but only recently got a machine that wasn't pretty much at the minimum spec. to run it.

That, and despite 'everyone' raving about Witcher 3, I just don't want to play Geralt. (and no, I can't articulate why).

(Trying to end up having it like my last Oblivion play through - which cashed and burned).

Now you have to ask yourself, would we even want tes6? Skyrim has way too many mods which would just be a waste to just throw away.

Why are Bethesda games so popular?

lies on the hand, MODS, MODS and once again MODS!  :lol:  :lol: 

times adopted TES 6 appear later this year, but this time without construction sets, As with all other games.  :o 

then fall many corner of her mouth down, then shows up who is a True Modder, not everyone can without these sets modding!  :P

I personally have for Skyrim a lot of mods that have been created without CK.

but unfortunately they are not compatible with SKSE, for this reason I renounce SKSE!  ;)

Archived