It's 2016 and I'm still playing Skyrim! Why or Why Not?

I'd like to sell 3D models for a bit of money on the side in future, and making stuff for Skyrim is great practice. It's also nice to give back to the modding scene.

But I don't really "play" the game much any more; my computer is old and can't run it the way I want it to for very long.

Right, I was crouching by Angrim's trap door trying to figure out why something was bolloxed in my categorized favorites menu. On the road from the Western Watch tower towards Fort Greymoor, Ri'saad was doing his trip towards Markarth from Whiterun. Behind him, running full bent down the road, was a bunch of those nutter bandits you get from a certain mod. They ran straight past Ri'saad and his group, ignored or probably didn't see me, and way laid a Falkreth militia patrol, (who I think might of been a bit lost). Having dispatched them, (with a minor bit of combat rape), the merry bunch of bandits then spotted a Giant Frost Spider in combat with a, (judging by clothing at distance), a Necromancer. They entered the fray, and dispatched both participants and looted and made their way over the horizon. However, judging on the amount of fireworks that then happened, I suspect they came across one of those immersive critters dueling goblin spawns. It looked quite pretty at distance.

Anyway, as everything had died down, I went up to the now regrouped Ri'saad troop, and tried to go to Ri'saad's barter menu. The game crashed at that point. I then spent three hours in CK and TES5Edit to determine why. Fixed now, so that's nice.

So basically why I play the game is because it can look pretty, you sometimes see something interesting even if the AI is crap, and I can fix certain aspects if it annoys me, (or find someone else who has done it).

Archived