Getting "member_profile_disabled" when trying to upload a profile picture? :/

So this has become a 'dumping ground' for meaningless posts in order to increase post count to enable new members' ability to create an Avatar - interesting. I would have just posted somewhere normally to engage other members. I guess if one has nothing of value to say and really wants a pretty picture right now - this works! (In MMO's we call this 'grinding'  :) )

BTW - ALL posts will be updated with an avatar once created....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Rangotango said:

I understand that bots might post links and spam etc but what damage could avatars do?

You have completely missed the point. All members need a certain amount of 'posts' before the account unlocks certain features - in this case - custom avatars. Instead of just posting 'normally' in areas of interest - sharing information or opinions/asking questions/etc., many have chosen to use this post to make meaningless replies just for the sake of increasing their post count (so they can get to make a custom avatar/signature). I find this odd, somewhat immature (gotta get a certain social look before being 'seen') and technically - a waste of memory. The whole thing I myself found 'interesting' as I kept seeing all these new posts - yet nothing of value was found within.

Who said anything about damage besides yourself? Hmmm? Who said anything about Bots? Or Spam? Why did you even bother quoting me? I have many posts in other areas of interest - quote me there so we can engage in some form of useful discourse about the relevant subject matter. BTW - welcome to LoversLab - congratz on getting your Avatar so 'quickly'.

20 minutes ago, landess said:

Why did you even bother quoting me? I have many posts in other areas of interest - quote me there so we can engage in some form of useful discourse about the relevant subject matter. 

Pick me coach.........over here...........I want to be yelled at next!  ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is prophetically sad statement of what too many people find as value, and how hollow their lives must be. I had not noticed this thread before, even as it is sooooo old, as I never felt the need to dump a meaningless post, just so I could have an avatar, then to never make another post, or to contribute to the LL community, as so many have done here.

OK.. "post 1", and "here is post 2"... OY! I now get to post an avatar pic on my profile! "Now, I disappear into the Ether..." I mean, there is a "Say Hi" thread. Just post, "Hi", and that is one entire legitimate post that introduces you to others here at LL. But then again, someone may say, "hi" back, and then you might have to actually make another post and engage in a brief exchange... 

Yet, I guess here is better than the ones that pick a random thread and do the old finger swipe across the keyboard... htygfyu... Still laughing at the one who spammed a thread started by Ashal!

But, all the worthless avatar seeker posts in one place... It is like an LL leper colony!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...