Sign in to follow this  
johnni

Privacy on Steam?

If I buy Skyrim via Steam, and then install mods, will other people with whom I'm friends on steam be able to see any of the mods I have installed? I am friends with relatives and coworkers on Steam and I don't want them to see that I'm installing sexy mods from here- it would be embarassing!

No. Mods are not visible to your Steam friends.

Neither DLCs. Only the amount of time played and the achievements are.

Doubt it, but don't want to speak too sure, as there's always potential security holes and one of them might expose the mods you're subscribed to on Steam Workshop. Probably not the case for locally installed mods, such as LL mods.

Just make sure u dont share any screenshots that pop up in a Steam window if u hit F12 or INS or whatever the hotkey is :)

Don't forget to turn off broadcasting, otherwise someone might jump in to see how are you doin and find your darkest fetishes instead.

Mods no they can't see them but they might be able to see screenshots though not sure as I have no one in my fl.

If you use a ENB be careful. To disable and Enable it using hotkeys you need to press F12 which is also the key to take screenshots unless you change it.

You will be safe. The only way they can know what mods you're using, is if they have your computer/HD or possibly by checking on mods you've subscribed to on and only on steam. The solution, don't use steam's horrible mod system.

When you "subscribe" to a mod on steam, i believe it adds you to a public list of people that subscribe to that mod which your friends can look at. However this only applies to mods gotten from steam(which you shouldn't do). There is no public list if you go to a 3rd party site like Lovers or Nexus and your friends can't see what mods are in your data folder.

If you use a ENB be careful. To disable and Enable it using hotkeys you need to press F12 which is also the key to take screenshots unless you change it.

iirc people won't even see your screenshots unless you upload them.

When you subscribe to a mod on Steam, you can zip it and then load it into MO or NMM, and then you should immediately unsubscribe on Steam.

The only danger is them being annoyed at you starting up Skyrim 40 times a day because you're testing mods and the message of you playing it keeps popping up.

The only danger is them being annoyed at you starting up Skyrim 40 times a day because you're testing mods and the message of you playing it keeps popping up.

Whenever this happens I always set my status to 'offline'. 

Whenever this happens I always set my status to 'offline'. 

I usually do too.

Unless my only friend online is the one I enjoy bothering.

I have encountered different issue.
I bought Skyrim LE few years ago, but I have never instaled even played it. I have cracked wersion, mostly because i don't like launchers and steam file structure (steam/steamapps/...). Since then I haven't bought any other game until November when I bought F4.

A few weeks ago I noticed that Steam records how many hours I've played in Skyrim. Game is marked as not installed, no achievements are recorded just playing time.

How is it even posible?

PS: Sorry for my english.

Make soon three years i use mods now on Skyrim and i has never been annoyed by steam and no one can see your sexy modded skyrim excepted of course if you upload your screenshots.

I have encountered different issue.

I bought Skyrim LE few years ago, but I have never instaled even played it. I have cracked wersion, mostly because i don't like launchers and steam file structure (steam/steamapps/...). Since then I haven't bought any other game until November when I bought F4.

A few weeks ago I noticed that Steam records how many hours I've played in Skyrim. Game is marked as not installed, no achievements are recorded just playing time.

How is it even posible?

PS: Sorry for my english.

Steam DLL that is needed to start Skyrim

No. Mods are not visible to your Steam friends.

Neither DLCs. Only the amount of time played and the achievements are.

unless you allow them the access to your game.  ;)

ayyyyyy be like me..

i have no friends

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

no friends??? the joke is good!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I count 9 friends in his list.   ;)  :P

This makes me laugh a bit, no to your answer but, BUT if you do make sure you turn off the streaming broadcast or EVERYONE can watch you play lol. also read steams info on that pretty sure they dont like anything lewd on any public stream

If I buy Skyrim via Steam, and then install mods, will other people with whom I'm friends on steam be able to see any of the mods I have installed? I am friends with relatives and coworkers on Steam and I don't want them to see that I'm installing sexy mods from here- it would be embarassing!

They can see your time played. But your load order is not visible.

HOWEVER. Do not upload a screenshot of anything embarrassing. They COULD see that IF they looked. So, don't hit confirm when prompted after you screen shot a picture of a woman with shitting dick nipples.

EDIT:

Someone also mentioned not subscribing in the steam workshop. Fuck that crap. Use MO if you aren't already, or are starting a new play-through. I migrated, and it was the best idea ever.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

And a guide. I really don't think this violates any rules. Gamer poets has really been a boon to me when I first started using MO.

Well, I was just playing today, and a friend writes "careful you dont make your eyes bleed in skyrim there".

I instantly go to Steam Settings, open the 'Broadcasting' tab, and what do you know? Friends can watch my games. 

Did this friend see me gameplay? Dunno. Technically I should have gotten a request notification. The comment just seems like too much of a coincidence. So do yourselves a service, and be sure to disable broadcasting. Probably go offline for good measure. Avoid a bit of embarrassment.