17 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

A player like you needs a different MCM profile with a lower setting on number of spit roasts that must be completed. Hehe just me thinking more about how such a feature could really help.

Quite possibly. Or a different way of looking at this kind of thing, a dialog line where you indicate your preference...

Nocturnal appears, bored, puts you in some Zap chains and whips you: "Ah, my favorite pet, Dragonslut... No, Dragonslave... Whatever your name is... Why have you summoned me?"

PC dialog options:

• Please help. I've lost all my keys. Could I get some more?
  • This is your altar? Sorry. I was trying to pick a mushroom and accidentally worshipped you.
  • This spit-roasts thing is taking forever. Can't we just use Nord Mead as the ingredient? It always works for me.
  • Just called to say, I'm really enjoying shouting at roasting spits. I'm so glad you gave me that task.

Player selects "boring spit roasts"...

Nocturnal says, "No you cannot, not even if you beg and plead. This is a very special and magical ingredient, and assailing cooking equipment with your powerful shouts is the only way to get it, apart from lethal dragonsex. You can try that instead if you like, but I've got a hunch that the next spit you try will be the one. You can do it. Just one more."

or player selects "spit roasts are fun"...

Nocturnal says, "When you put it like that... If you like it so much, I could always send you to shout at spits that I know don't have the ingredient. No. That would be ridiculous. I'd never do that. The fate of the world depends on your vocal prowess. I definitely wouldn't waste your time on a futile quest for an item you don't even really need."

Or something like that... Basically, topics, not MCMs. It can't feel like cheating if it's IMMERSIVE, can it?

Can it?

17 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Indeed the lockpick skill gets negated if you use the Anal Skeleton key. But that's kind-of the point. This is an alternative. You did different work to earn it. From a story point of view, the Skeleton Key is very "key" for a Nocturnal theme. It uses a custom animation made just for this mod, done by FunnyBiz.

If only you'd said that before, I would have got it just to see the FB anim. Does she stab the key to death, then rape its eye socket with a penis made of metal death?

I guess there are some people who totally hate lock picking, and others would would say "ANAL SKELETON KEY, what more reason do you need?"

But I like lock picking. Maybe a choice of reward would be nice. Key, or anal blacklight? It's a lantern, but it aids stealth! Or maybe not. The more I think about "how SLAV would do it" the more the answer is simply "how SLAV did it."

Well, one thing I wanted to write down, for my own understanding, was a pair of lists, one with core quests, and one with non-core quests.

As you very helpfully provided a list of activities, I'll repeat it again here:

• (N) Regain your virginity (and lose it, and regain it again, and again) - (I don't feel this is a quest in itself, but it is an event. The quest is earning the ability to do it at all).
  • (N) Increase your fire resist from more spit roasts - (sidequest)
  • (D) Get walking on water again - (trivially repeatable events aren't really quests, even if technically they are)
  • (D) Get the blessing from loving shrines - (not really a quest, but part of one)
  • (D) Complete all the shrines of the nine divines, to gain access to the blessing in the temple - (a major quest, let's call it CORE because it is required for the end).
  • (-) Love enough word walls to gain the Damage Armor Ability (part of your Thu'um of Strip). To find more word walls you can gain locations from dragon mounds - (sidequest)
  • (N) Increase frost resistance by activating more Nocturnal statues - (sidequest)
  • Retrieve (do you mean save? or is there a maiden capture quest too?) enough maidens to earn the ability to return home from any tavern (this uses the enchanted bar stool and chandelier) - (convenient and sexy as this power is, that it is the reward for saving all those maidens is a surprise) - (sidequest) but feels like it deserves more importance, because unlike other actions, it has an unselfish moral component
  • (N) Activate enough Nocturnal Statues to earn the enchanted version of the Anal Soul Gem such that you can power up enchanted weapons with it. Note that there are "secret" Nocturnal statue locations that you can discover (no map marker provided) (I found one) - (sidequest)
  • (D) Get the Asphyxiation blessing from the Dibella statues, and earn the potion ability (requires also that you have spanked enough thieves) - (sidequest)
  • (-) Earn the ability to make your own Standing Stone potion by loving all the standing stones - (sidequest)
  • (N) Suck up to enough daedra to get the Enchanted version of the Anal Skelton key so you can use to open locks - (sidequest)
  • (N) Fart at dozens of spit roasts hidden away inside long and interesting dungeons, mostly filled with draugr - (CORE)
  • (-) Foot Fetish - lose your foot, then murder a beast, lose both of them and gain hooves, have hot furry love, and then get your feet back again, in a scene that should definitely be randomly different somehow each time it plays out - (sidequest)
  • + Learn the third word of the Thu'um of Lu'urve - do all shrines, and all roasts (or dragonsex) (CORE) - and THE END

Hmm, no way around it, I actually have to go and play through all this stuff to the bitter end. Might turn some counts down to hurry it up a bit. Damn, that's going to put a damper on the gritty, horrific, feeble mage, Things in the Dark play-through I've started. Might also turn off some harness mechanics so I can just plow through everything in heavy armor and 2H. Easy mode.

So when you look at that list, it's mostly green sidequest stuff. But there is a chunk of core stuff:

(1) suck up to enough daedra enough to get your keys and unlock virgin rebirths

(2) hump every shrine of the NINE not EIGHT but NINE divines. Heretic!!!

(3) fart at several spit roasts until one folds and hands over the secret blend of herbs and spices / alternatively sex dragons until the old codgers die of heart attacks

(4) profit!

Sorry (4) should be step (3).

I might be being a pest, but what about if you made this instead:

FIRST, you MUST suck up to enough daedra enough to get your keys and unlock virgin rebirths

SECONDLY, complete ANY TWO of the quests below:

(a) hump every shrine of the NINE not EIGHT but NINE divines. Heretic!!! (pro Dibella)

(b) fart at several spit roasts until one folds and hands over the secret blend of herbs and spices (pro Nocturnal)

(c) sex dragons until the old codgers die of heart attacks (pro Nocturnal - well, not really, not at all, oh well)

(d) rescue a dozen maidens (note number of maidens in a dozen may differ from value advertised) (pro Dibella)

This makes rescuing maidens more worthwhile, and gives you balanced options. You can pick all pro-Dibella, all pro-Nocturnal, or one of each. Now you may not agree that dragonsex is pro-Nocturnal, but let's pretend. The goal is to give the player a way to pick a pro Nocturnal or pro Dibella, or neutral ending, without actually adding any new things. You could add an actual pro-Nocturnal quest, or optionally, substitute in endless fucking raven perching that fun statue quest.

Ending you say? What is this ending? I ain't writing no ending!

The practical ending is you get the third word.

The narrative ending is that there is a scene with Nocturnal and Dibella, speaking through some appropriately hilarious mouthpiece, bore the player with some exposition, then let the player say a few choice words, as the only satisfaction they'll ever get for being the pawn of these jackasses.

That's new, you'd have to add that. But you can't really have an ending without making some kind of ending, so there's no way around that. Unless you don't have an ending, but then you don't really have a story. See where I'm headed with this. And then my argument ate its own tail.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Well, one thing I wanted to write down, for my own understanding, was a pair of lists, one with core quests, and one with non-core quests.

As you very helpfully provided a list of activities, I'll repeat it again here:

I'm going to invite you to a private thread to continue these plans there since its getting to be too much here. Ill reply to your above 3 posts there.

I will also invite mercplatypus as he's helped with this this sort of thing lots in the past and is actively helping on a new feature now. He's not got much time but would like to contribute a little bit. 

Hello Virgin Marie and others,

so after all this Time trying to figure out why im dying in Twilight Sepulcher [The Location Noctural teleports you after "A Daedras best friend".] i found something.

And it seems to be some kind of spell forced on me once i enter the Room with 2 Slaves near a Cage and a lot of shrines. None of my Mods are causing this and theres no way to get rid of it except using "tcl". Theres a lot of problems i managed to figure out myself but im really stuck here. Do you or someone have any Idea why this is happening ? 

-Aki

8 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Hello Virgin Marie and others,

so after all this Time trying to figure out why im dying in Twilight Sepulcher [The Location Noctural teleports you after "A Daedras best friend".] i found something.

And it seems to be some kind of spell forced on me once i enter the Room with 2 Slaves near a Cage and a lot of shrines. None of my Mods are causing this and theres no way to get rid of it except using "tcl". Theres a lot of problems i managed to figure out myself but im really stuck here. Do you or someone have any Idea why this is happening ? 

-Aki

It's like a little maze, if you go in the wrong path then you will lose health, you must try and find the path where you are safe.  It's like toxic smoke or something.  It's part of the game

16 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

It's like a little maze, if you go in the wrong path then you will lose health, you must try and find the path where you are safe.  It's like toxic smoke or something.  It's part of the game

I just noticed. Im guessing Marie used a already existing cell and that was still there. But maybe she kept it there for a reason. 

To solve the repetitiveness of the reports to Nocturnal, I can't think of another way than to replace it with something else entirely. For instance, a secondary leveling system. Now, you may argue that a skill tree is a bit of a stretch to solve something as simple as the end of a quest. But in actuality it does make sense, after all what is the health checkup other than a supposed reward for being a good virgin?

So how can a virgin gain Virgin Experience Points (VExP)?

Well, by completing whatever virgin quest @VirginMarie comes up with.

What can a virgin do with VExP?

Improve different virgin skills, like the piercing armor rating (limited availability, only when naked and pure - offer unavailable for Dibella worshipers). Boost the boons given by nocturnal's gears. [Invent a new skill system to fight off ruffians, as swords and shields be too barbaric.]

Virginal Beauty and Virginal Voice could be skills to improve speech. Virginal Strength could be a skill available for any virgin to force their opponent to yield, drop their weapons, conquered by the beauty of true platonic love. Virginal Candor could be a skill for the virgin to sacrifice her own body to a bdsm play, so her enemies would tire themselves in a bondage play and thus retain their lives.

What about the daedric quests?

Those do not change, nor does the time limit. Nocturnal shouldn't require a report every time something happens, she's a Goddess and has better things to do. At best, the player could pray to Nocturnal once a quest is finished. The body state of the player can be monitored through enchanted gears, and directly influence the potency or availability of the virginal skills.

What if the player isn't a virgin anymore?

Then to regain all the perks associated to Nocturnal blessings, the player would need to seek forgiveness as she was weak. If Nocturnal answer the former virgin's prayer, then a redemption quest line would be started. If the player do not restore her body to a virgin state the associated skills won't be active, then Nocturnal will be pissed of for several reasons. First of then being that the player can't convince the daedric to lend their power to Nocturnal if the player is a harlot. Second is Nocturnal would lose the support of the unlocked Daedric princes, thus losing power. Third is the time limit for the player to unlock a daedric prince is still active, which would eventually force the player to gain her virginity back.

What happens when all the Daedric Princes have been convinced?

Well, this is a bit unrelated, but it has been bugging me for a while. Why not have the player entertain the different daedric princes, through virgin quests, to keep them under the dominion of Nocturnal? Those quests could then be under the thematic of a specific prince, Meridia requiring a different kind of show than Molag Bal.

Also side question for VirginMarie: Why would Molag Bal - God of Schemes, the King of Rape, the Harvester of Souls, the Lord of Brutality, and the Prince of Rage - be interested in any way to help Nocturnal keep the player virgin? Maybe he does that because he know Nocturnal will allow him the taste of the virgin player? Like his vampire cult isn't enough (TES lore is pretty dark in that regard).

Did I forgot something? Or does an aspect of whatever I tried to convey not make sense? Please do tell me. SLaV does introduce another way to do battle and resolve conflicts in skyrim, maybe to improve the mod is to explore that aspect a bit deeper. You could have a skill tree like the vampire/werewolf one, or something entirely removed and available only through the MCM.

53 minutes ago, bicobus said:

To solve the repetitiveness of the reports to Nocturnal, I can't think of another way than to replace it with something else entirely. For instance, a secondary leveling system. Now, you may argue that a skill tree is a bit of a stretch to solve something as simple as the end of a quest. But in actuality it does make sense, after all what is the health checkup other than a supposed reward for being a good virgin?

So how can a virgin gain Virgin Experience Points (VExP)?

Well, by completing whatever virgin quest @VirginMarie comes up with.

What can a virgin do with VExP?

Improve different virgin skills, like the piercing armor rating (limited availability, only when naked and pure - offer unavailable for Dibella worshipers). Boost the boons given by nocturnal's gears. [Invent a new skill system to fight off ruffians, as swords and shields be too barbaric.]

Virginal Beauty and Virginal Voice could be skills to improve speech. Virginal Strength could be a skill available for any virgin to force their opponent to yield, drop their weapons, conquered by the beauty of true platonic love. Virginal Candor could be a skill for the virgin to sacrifice her own body to a bdsm play, so her enemies would tire themselves in a bondage play and thus retain their lives.

What about the daedric quests?

Those do not change, nor does the time limit. Nocturnal shouldn't require a report every time something happens, she's a Goddess and has better things to do. At best, the player could pray to Nocturnal once a quest is finished. The body state of the player can be monitored through enchanted gears, and directly influence the potency or availability of the virginal skills.

What if the player isn't a virgin anymore?

Then to regain all the perks associated to Nocturnal blessings, the player would need to seek forgiveness as she was weak. If Nocturnal answer the former virgin's prayer, then a redemption quest line would be started. If the player do not restore her body to a virgin state the associated skills won't be active, then Nocturnal will be pissed of for several reasons. First of then being that the player can't convince the daedric to lend their power to Nocturnal if the player is a harlot. Second is Nocturnal would lose the support of the unlocked Daedric princes, thus losing power. Third is the time limit for the player to unlock a daedric prince is still active, which would eventually force the player to gain her virginity back.

What happens when all the Daedric Princes have been convinced?

Well, this is a bit unrelated, but it has been bugging me for a while. Why not have the player entertain the different daedric princes, through virgin quests, to keep them under the dominion of Nocturnal? Those quests could then be under the thematic of a specific prince, Meridia requiring a different kind of show than Molag Bal.

Also side question for VirginMarie: Why would Molag Bal - God of Schemes, the King of Rape, the Harvester of Souls, the Lord of Brutality, and the Prince of Rage - be interested in any way to help Nocturnal keep the player virgin? Maybe he does that because he know Nocturnal will allow him the taste of the virgin player? Like his vampire cult isn't enough (TES lore is pretty dark in that regard).

Did I forgot something? Or does an aspect of whatever I tried to convey not make sense? Please do tell me. SLaV does introduce another way to do battle and resolve conflicts in skyrim, maybe to improve the mod is to explore that aspect a bit deeper. You could have a skill tree like the vampire/werewolf one, or something entirely removed and available only through the MCM.

Wow I really like most of these ideas. A form of VexP has been suggested once before, I think by mercplatypus, but back then I was feeling like it would be too technically complex. I have lots more Virgin-Scripting-exP since then.

Since I already have a fair bit of upcoming new stuff in the works, I think I'd start with a small part of your ideas. But I've copy/pasted this into my project OneNote so it's easy to remember and find again.

I don't want to make being a non-virgin less beneficial, but just different. I want the player to be torn between the choice of being a virgin or not, and end up switching between both because they want both. Most have been saying there's more benefits for being a virgin, which is true, but the benefits for lost virginity, while fewer, are significant (FAQ 16 for Benefits of Virginity/Lost Virginity). So to not further unbalance it, maybe for the Body Piercings:

• Virgin: VexP can be used to get armor. Nocturnal is doing this for spite in her bet with Debella. Dibella has given the body piercings, but Nocturnal uses it against her by providing this benefit when you are a virgin
  • Lost Virginity: The Body Piercings instead give more HP (or some other idea?)

Should there be separate exp for lost virginity? Maybe it's Nocturnal Points and Dibella points. The MCM Accomplishment tab already essentially tracks this. And I could have both Nocturnal and Dibella asking the player how they would like to spend the points, in some sort of immersive way. Maybe you collect some sort of Nocturnal and Dieballa thingies instead of calling it points. Turn in the stolen Dibella Statue (for example), and get 2 thingies. (ideas for what the thingies could be?... I mean something that would stack in your inventory.)

I can see introducing this along with the Body Piercings update already in the works, and using the points (thingies) in more ways coming in future releases.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

I don't want to make being a non-virgin less beneficial, but just different.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Should there be separate exp for lost virginity? Maybe it's Nocturnal Points and Dibella points.

Those are point of data that should be investigated. Remember that beside the mod there are still all the vanilla mechanics, which are based on a power fantasy. Losing the perks from nocturnal wouldn't be game ending. If I remember correctly Dibella does gives powerful boons too. Creating two distinct tree could have the opposite effect and encourage the player to stay on a specific tree and specialize. Although it is easy to restore the player's virginity, it can't happens in the middle of a combat unlike vanilla powers. That being said most players tends to keep using specific tactics, so the choice to juggle between dibella and nocturnal might be lost on them.

The idea of the VExP being shared is also interesting as it would suggest that both Dibella and Nocturnal are in cohort to torment the player. The energy comes from an unique source. Maybe the key to that source is the player which is why Nocturnal wants her virgin, otherwise all the power would go to Dibella? I don't know. Edit: the boons are different because the energy goes through a different catalyst depending on the player virginal state, or something.

Looking forward to the next update!

One suggestion: I think it would be great to have the option of rebirths resetting things like body morphs and tattoos. It feels a bit odd to be reborn with the same scars and slave marks you had before your death.

14 hours ago, Labia said:

Looking forward to the next update!

One suggestion: I think it would be great to have the option of rebirths resetting things like body morphs and tattoos. It feels a bit odd to be reborn with the same scars and slave marks you had before your death.

I'd not do morphs, but something this mod has put on, like the slave marks makes sense.

But I've looked into this before and it was going to be difficult. I will take a fresh look.

So been playing alot lately and first of all, this is probably the best Bdsm mod out there. But been having problems with the body piercings.. Stage 1 and 2 seems to be working but my game always crashes when they attatch the third part. Tryed with a new save and crash, tested to additem all 3 pircings and crash on the third one. Checked equiped items to se if there is some sort of conflict but cant se any.. Im stumped. 

1 hour ago, Notserious80 said:

So been playing alot lately and first of all, this is probably the best Bdsm mod out there. But been having problems with the body piercings.. Stage 1 and 2 seems to be working but my game always crashes when they attatch the third part. Tryed with a new save and crash, tested to additem all 3 pircings and crash on the third one. Checked equiped items to se if there is some sort of conflict but cant se any.. Im stumped. 

Your tests show it's not script related, and purely the "armor" part itself. Thus the mesh file for the 3rd part has to be missing or somehow bodyslide did not build it successfully. Try rebuilding in bodyslide. Verify that bodyslide can render/view it. If that does not work, try re-downloading and installing the bodyslide package, then build in bodyslide. 

Also check that you are using all the steps for bodyslide (FAQ #11).

Note that, if needed, you can disable body piercings in the MCM (set Chance to 0).

8 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Your tests show it's not script related, and purely the "armor" part itself. Thus the mesh file for the 3rd part has to be missing or somehow bodyslide did not build it successfully. Try rebuilding in bodyslide. Verify that bodyslide can render/view it. If that does not work, try re-downloading and installing the bodyslide package, then build in bodyslide. 

Also check that you are using all the steps for bodyslide (FAQ #11).

Note that, if needed, you can disable body piercings in the MCM (set Chance to 0).

Ok so tested some more.. Bodyslide renders it fine, it seems to be built for my body. Did redownload both bodyslide and S.l.a.v and copied over meshes and bodyslide. Rebuilt and still CTD.

The one time i saw something on char before it crashed (was just for like 0,5 sec) i saw something big red. Looked like red triangle as big as my character.. Have hade this happend before with some mod but cant remember..

Anyways disabled it for the time beeing.. 

25 minutes ago, Notserious80 said:

Ok so tested some more.. Bodyslide renders it fine, it seems to be built for my body. Did redownload both bodyslide and S.l.a.v and copied over meshes and bodyslide. Rebuilt and still CTD.

The one time i saw something on char before it crashed (was just for like 0,5 sec) i saw something big red. Looked like red triangle as big as my character.. Have hade this happend before with some mod but cant remember..

Anyways disabled it for the time beeing.. 

Big red triangle = missing texture (and this would not be apparent in Bodyslide)

So I think we can conclude the file trouble is the texture (they are in Data\Textures\Virgin). No bodyslide issue.

You could be having issues with a mod manager not actually installing all the files. And this can happen due to Windows security when your skyrim folder is somewhere under "Program Files" (the default). The mod managers won't even tell you that the files are not getting placed. To work around that, I find you need to sometimes restart your computer after uninstalling something, before you reinstall it.

One other possibility is that your VRAM or some related limitation, cannot handle this much eye candy. The chains involved have a high poly count. No one else has report any problem so far though. Also if it's a hardware limitation I'd expect it to be less consistent, for example if you do the new game test and are wearing nothing else. Don't know though.

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Big red triangle = missing texture (and this would not be apparent in Bodyslide)

So I think we can conclude the file trouble is the texture (they are in Data\Textures\Virgin). No bodyslide issue.

You could be having issues with a mod manager not actually installing all the files. And this can happen due to Windows security when your skyrim folder is somewhere under "Program Files" (the default). The mod managers won't even tell you that the files are not getting placed. To work around that, I find you need to sometimes restart your computer after uninstalling something, before you reinstall it.

One other possibility is that your VRAM or some related limitation, cannot handle this much eye candy. The chains involved have a high poly count. No one else has report any problem so far though. Also if it's a hardware limitation I'd expect it to be less consistent, for example if you do the new game test and are wearing nothing else. Don't know though.

Ok, hmmm testing again then... Vram shouldent be a problem. 11gb on each card, tho skyrim is pretty unstable anyway.. SSE runs alot more stable and i kinda tryed converting Slav to it but ran inte problems :smile: 

Gonna try reinstalling the mod again.. 

Edit: Nope still crashes. Hmm unpacked the rar but cant find texture for bodypiercing... what is it called?

48 minutes ago, Notserious80 said:

Ok, hmmm testing again then... Vram shouldent be a problem. 11gb on each card, tho skyrim is pretty unstable anyway.. SSE runs alot more stable and i kinda tryed converting Slav to it but ran inte problems :smile: 

Gonna try reinstalling the mod again.. 

Edit: Nope still crashes. Hmm unpacked the rar but cant find texture for bodypiercing... what is it called?

Sorry I forgot. I'm just using some shared common textures:

textures\Bronson\PureLust\steel_golden3.dds

textures\Bronson\PureLust\steel_n.dds

These are included in my rar

Problems with them should be breaking other virgin devices too. But texture issues will not always result in a CTD

As for SSE you must expect big issues, not much to do with this mod, but the fact that DD is not SSE ready. More on SSE in FAQ 18

Yea there there.. O well ill just leave it disabled for now.. 

I managed to get DD working once. Its the expansion that breaks it on SSE. Think i removed one item or something and it started.. But the tattos and hdt and so on dident work in Slav. Now theres atleast skse for it that seems to be working so hopefully more and more mobs gets converted... 

Anyways thx for the help :smile:

5 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Actually the triangle means missing meshes, missing textures would be purple colour ;)

I had some incompatibilities with XPO and yps fashion, nothing that couldn't be solved by one of the MCMs, but probably improved. Just not sure if it's your side or theirs. 

XPO: 

- the chastity belt gets stripped. This should not happen for quest items, but possibly it recognized that i'm wearing keys and intentional. However, the worse part comes when i lose virginity and nocturnal adds heavy bondage. Not 100% sure if that would cause serious trouble later, i just reloaded and disabled this feature. 

-Encounters while captured don't make much sense either, and any actions would break anyways because of XPOs leach.

-Similar for exhaustment etc. All in all, i'm 99% sure XPO sends the command to suspend any DD actions when imprisoned and i guess this can be solved on your side by disabling these features when this command is sent.

Yps fashion: in case you don't know it, aside from some other stuff it handles all (most) kinds of piercings, including earrings. And one is not allowed to wear earings without getting them pierced first and wear the "starter studs" for a while, unequipping Virgins piercings. It does recognize and respect DD piercings, i'm just not sure if that's hard coded for those or otherwise detected. I don't really think this can be fixed on your side, rather wanted to let you know. ;)