Paradise Halls Enhanced (pahe) repacked with the customary addons

31 minutes ago, Psalam said:

First things first. Please list your load order. This will allow checking to see what might be interfering with PAHE. Make certain you have the latest version which is the one on this site. PAHE should also be as close to the bottom of the esms in your load order as possible. Make certain you have used LOOT to get your load order (more or less) correct.

As to MCM, you may want to check out this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29440

Good hunting! ?

here's the top of my load order, where all the relevant mods are. i just downloaded everything today, so i do have the most up-to-date version, i think.

ed6c57bf8e.png

12 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

here's the top of my load order, where all the relevant mods are. i just downloaded everything today, so i do have the most up-to-date version, i think.

ed6c57bf8e.png

If this is the load order after running LOOT (it looks like you pulled LOOT up to get this picture) manually move PAHE to the BOTTOM of the esms (after SexLab and ZAZ).

And NEVER use anything from the original Paradise Halls including the old add-ons. They are NOT compatible. So if any of them (like Family Feud) are listed further down in your load order that may also cause you problems. If this doesn't fix it please list the ENTIRE load order. I know it will take multiple screen shots (I would guess from what you're showing 3 or 4). Always, after messing with PAHE, run FNIS again before you try playing again. ?

Finally, your LOOT shows 2 errors - make certain those are gone before you try to launch the game again.

8 minutes ago, Psalam said:

If this is the load order after running LOOT (it looks like you pulled LOOT up to get this picture) manually move PAHE to the BOTTOM of the esms (after SexLab and ZAZ).

And NEVER use anything from the original Paradise Halls including the old add-ons. They are NOT compatible. So if any of them (like Family Feud) are listed further down in your load order that may also cause you problems. If this doesn't fix it please list the ENTIRE load order. I know it will take multiple screen shots (I would guess from what you're showing 3 or 4). Always, after messing with PAHE, run FNIS again before you try playing again. ?

Finally, your LOOT shows 2 errors - make certain those are gone before you try to launch the game again.

okay, i moved pahe to the bottom of the esms, and fixed those errors(was just a bird mod and a bird mod for an expansion conflicting) still not able to change pahe from 'stopped' in mcm. i remember having this problem a long time ago, and i don't think i ever figured out how to fix it. updated load order doesn't include the change, i'm not sure how to get LOOT to recognize my manual alterations. i only know how to do them in the data files section when i start skyrim.

load order.png

Spoiler
30 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

okay, i moved pahe to the bottom of the esms, and fixed those errors(was just a bird mod and a bird mod for an expansion conflicting) still not able to change pahe from 'stopped' in mcm. i remember having this problem a long time ago, and i don't think i ever figured out how to fix it. updated load order doesn't include the change, i'm not sure how to get LOOT to recognize my manual alterations. i only know how to do them in the data files section when i start skyrim.

load order.png

You're right that it looks as if you are going to have to manually move PAHE. Run Loot, change the load order manually, then run FNIS. I looked through the load order and don't see any of the mods that I know conflict. That is only mildly reassuring since I don't know about 2/3 of the esps you have. Sadly, it could be a conflict with virtually any of them. The only way to find out for certain is to strip out everything until PAHE works and add them back one at a time until you find the one(s) that conflict. If you are up for a long digression read the Spoiler below. Otherwise I'm afraid that is the best advice I can give.

Spoiler

My favorite (most instructive) mod story.

I was fairly new to using mods and added one of the mannequin changing mods (don't EVER do that by the way). All it was supposed to do was change the way mannequins looked. There were no new NPCs, no scripts, no quests...nothing else. Whenever I did the Dragon Rising quest (and others had this problem too according to the thread) the last thing I heard as I watched Mirmulnir come out of the mountains was "Gods help us. Here he comes again!" Then it was all CTD. The moral of this story is that the mod that is giving you problems may not be at all obvious. It is unlikely to say this is the mod that conflicts with PAHE (although some mod authors are kind enough to post that information in their descriptions). So it will likely be a tedious process getting your game stable. I read a more experienced mod user the other day telling a newbie that it takes him about a week to get his mods/load order straight, but then his game is normally stable as long as he doesn't change anything midstream.

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You're right that it looks as if you are going to have to manually move PAHE. Run Loot, change the load order manually, then run FNIS. I looked through the load order and don't see any of the mods that I know conflict. That is only mildly reassuring since I don't know about 2/3 of the esps you have. Sadly, it could be a conflict with virtually any of them. The only way to find out for certain is to strip out everything until PAHE works and add them back one at a time until you find the one(s) that conflict. If you are up for a long digression read the Spoiler below. Otherwise I'm afraid that is the best advice I can give.

Reveal hidden contents

My favorite (most instructive) mod story.

I was fairly new to using mods and added one of the mannequin changing mods (don't EVER do that by the way). All it was supposed to do was change the way mannequins looked. There were no new NPCs, no scripts, no quests...nothing else. Whenever I did the Dragon Rising quest (and others had this problem too according to the thread) the last thing I heard as I watched Mirmulnir come out of the mountains was "Gods help us. Here he comes again!" Then it was all CTD. The moral of this story is that the mod that is giving you problems may not be at all obvious. It is unlikely to say this is the mod that conflicts with PAHE (although some mod authors are kind enough to post that information in their descriptions). So it will likely be a tedious process getting your game stable. I read a more experienced mod user the other day telling a newbie that it takes him about a week to get his mods/load order straight, but then his game is normally stable as long as he doesn't change anything midstream.

well the thing is i was having this same problem before most of those mods even got installed. i don't think it's a conflict. how do you change load order in LOOT? i'm new to the program and can't figure it out.

did a quick double-check, and yeah, even if pahe (and its requirements) are the only thing running, it doesn't work.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

well the thing is i was having this same problem before most of those mods even got installed. i don't think it's a conflict. how do you change load order in LOOT? i'm new to the program and can't figure it out.

At the top of the LOOT page is a blue bar. The fourth icon from the right shows 3 uneven horizontal lines. When you scroll over it it should say something like "sort load order." Press it and LOOT will rearrange your mods for optimal configuration (based on the engine's algorithm). When that is done you will then have to "apply" the new load order in a similar fashion. You should then be done although you should eliminate all errors and double check the warnings (some are important and some are not). The ones generating warnings and errors will be highlighted when you scroll down the right side of the LOOT screen. If you haven't done this yet there is a better than 2/3 chance that this alone will solve your problem.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

At the top of the LOOT page is a blue bar. The fourth icon from the right shows 3 uneven horizontal lines. When you scroll over it it should say something like "sort load order." Press it and LOOT will rearrange your mods for optimal configuration (based on the engine's algorithm). When that is done you will then have to "apply" the new load order in a similar fashion. You should then be done although you should eliminate all errors and double check the warnings (some are important and some are not). The ones generating warnings and errors will be highlighted when you scroll down the right side of the LOOT screen. If you haven't done this yet there is a better than 2/3 chance that this alone will solve your problem.

i'd already done that, but you said to put pahe lower than LOOT puts it.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

i'd already done that, but you said to put pahe lower than LOOT puts it.

Right. Now you go back to your mod manager and manually move PAHE to the bottom of the esms. This can not be done in LOOT (at least not at this stage).

I do want to clarify that you did run LOOT? Your load order (the long one you sent) looked amazingly like it was in alphabetical order which is something I've never seen before from LOOT (could just be conicidental).

16 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Right. Now you go back to your mod manager and manually move PAHE to the bottom of the esms. This can not be done in LOOT (at least not at this stage).

I do want to clarify that you did run LOOT? Your load order (the long one you sent) looked amazingly like it was in alphabetical order which is something I've never seen before from LOOT (could just be conicidental).

i did. maybe when there's no particular need for a specific order it automatically defaults to alphabetical? in any case, even with all the extra mods turned off, i can't get pahe to run correctly. what baffles me the most about it is that the items from the mod ARE in-game, i just can't get enemies to bleedout, and the 'reboot' spell doesn't seem to exist(when i try to give it to myself the game says the spell id is invalid, even though i copied it directly from the 'help reboot' thing), and the mod appears 'stopped' in mcm. it's like the mod is installed correctly but none of the scripts function, or something. but i AM using skse.

20180612083356_1.jpg

20180612083820_1.jpg

Spoiler
17 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

i did. maybe when there's no particular need for a specific order it automatically defaults to alphabetical? in any case, even with all the extra mods turned off, i can't get pahe to run correctly. what baffles me the most about it is that the items from the mod ARE in-game, i just can't get enemies to bleedout, and the 'reboot' spell doesn't seem to exist(when i try to give it to myself the game says the spell id is invalid, even though i copied it directly from the 'help reboot' thing), and the mod appears 'stopped' in mcm. it's like the mod is installed correctly but none of the scripts function, or something. but i AM using skse.

20180612083356_1.jpg

20180612083820_1.jpg

Again, let me make sure I understand. You are running PAHE with its requirements only and it still doesn't work? I was just looking through your load order again. Do you have the XPSME skeleton? While it is not listed directly as a requirement for PAHE it is a requirement for SexLab which, in turn, is a direct requirement for PAHE. Normally, the lack of the proper skeleton just causes CTDs and not what you describe. I persist in thinking that you have something loaded that is overwriting the PAHE and (as I mentioned in my digression above) it doesn't even have to be something that looks like it would overwrite it. And again, do not use ANYTHING from the old Paradise Halls with PAHE.

One other thing. I was flipping through the PAHE thread. The only thing I have seen where your problem is mentioned is when people are trying to run PAHE with Skyrim SE or have SE mods in their load order. PAHE is not yet compatible with SE. Make sure you are running the old vanilla (Oldrim) version of Skyrim if you want to use PAHE.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

One other thing. I was flipping through the PAHE thread. The only thing I have seen where your problem is mentioned is when people are trying to run PAHE with Skyrim SE or have SE mods in their load order. PAHE is not yet compatible with SE. Make sure you are running the old vanilla (Oldrim) version of Skyrim if you want to use PAHE.

I can't confirm that. I have it running for about 4 Months now in SE without any issues, that have not been in Le, too...

I have not tested all addons, but it is also working fine with most of Musjes addons in SE. (Haven't tested AYGOS until now, but I don't expect much trouble from that side)

What I have noticed in the Thread is, that ppl didn't manage to make the conversion correctly. I have send Musje every thing that I have converted so far. If anyone is willing to try it out, just ask...   

7 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

I can't confirm that. I have it running for about 4 Months now in SE without any issues, that have not been in Le, too...

I have not tested all addons, but it is also working fine with most of Musjes addons in SE. (Haven't tested AYGOS until now, but I don't expect much trouble from that side)

What I have noticed in the Thread is, that ppl didn't manage to make the conversion correctly. I have send Musje every thing that I have converted so far. If anyone is willing to try it out, just ask...   

I'm not saying that. Unconverted PAHE is not compatible with SE. Everyone knows that you are the king of conversions to SE and I have no doubt that YOU can make it work. However, in the thread, the people who have had the problem described have tried to run this version of PAHE with SE. ?

2 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Again, let me make sure I understand. You are running PAHE with its requirements only and it still doesn't work? I was just looking through your load order again. Do you have the XPSME skeleton? While it is not listed directly as a requirement for PAHE it is a requirement for SexLab which, in turn, is a direct requirement for PAHE. Normally, the lack of the proper skeleton just causes CTDs and not what you describe. I persist in thinking that you have something loaded that is overwriting the PAHE and (as I mentioned in my digression above) it doesn't even have to be something that looks like it would overwrite it. And again, do not use ANYTHING from the old Paradise Halls with PAHE.

i was not running the skeleton, and this is regular skyrim, not special edition. i added the skeleton just in case, and here's the load order from when i actually go to start up the game.

b5937d88ed.png

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I'm not saying that. Unconverted PAHE is not compatible with SE. Everyone knows that you are the king of conversions to SE and I have no doubt that YOU can make it work. However, in the thread, the people who have had the problem described have tried to run this version of PAHE with SE. ?

They all make the same fault: they extract the BSA over the loose files, so they overwrite new scripts with old ones... and run into problems... But as you can see in the thread also, it has been confirmed as portable. Tasairis only adds a mod to that list if more than one report them as working. (It is even stable working without 'touching' it with the new CK) 

Musje asked me if i would make an upload of HSH and other Mod, but as long as I don't have CliftonsJD's permission it doesn't make sense to upload the additional stuff.

AND I'm NOT the king of conversions, but it seems like I'm the only one who asks for permissions and makes the uploads. Fact is, that I'm depending on other ppl, that helped the community with updating scripts and other stuff that made ports like CF or DD possible and I always say that to everybody that calls me the 'King' or whatever. 

And the question is no longer if someone can make it work, that has been done already.... It is just a question of a permission to release it. I have asked for it before and a lot of other ppl asked, too. It is up to CliftonJD. 

Spoiler
8 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

i was not running the skeleton, and this is regular skyrim, not special edition. i added the skeleton just in case, and here's the load order from when i actually go to start up the game.

b5937d88ed.png

Okay. I assume that Skyrim.esm is loaded somewhere I can't see. I also assume the skeleton is listed somewhere I can't see. It should also be entirely safe to add all the unofficial patches back (or better still the single USLEEP patch which will go immediately after Dragonborn.esm. I'm not sure how you did it but all esms go before all esps, so move PAHE to just before FNIS in the list above.

Run FNIS (make sure it gives no errors or warnings - just like LOOT). You should be able to play without any problem.

9 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

They all make the same fault: they extract the BSA over the loose files, so they overwrite new scripts with old ones... and run into problems... But as you can see in the thread also, it has been confirmed as portable. Tasairis only adds a mod to that list if more than one report them as working. (It is even stable working without 'touching' it with the new CK) 

Musje asked me if i would make an upload of HSH and other Mod, but as long as I don't have CliftonsJD's permission it doesn't make sense to upload the additional stuff.

AND I'm NOT the king of conversions, but it seems like I'm the only one who asks for permissions and makes the uploads. Fact is, that I'm depending on other ppl, that helped the community with updating scripts and other stuff that made ports like CF or DD possible and I always say that to everybody that calls me the 'King' or whatever. 

And the question is no longer if someone can make it work, that has been done already.... It is just a question of a permission to release it. I have asked for it before and a lot of other ppl asked, too. It is up to CliftonJD. 

So you're saying that when you are called the king of conversions you are being overrated? ? I certainly meant no offense and hope you take it in the spirit in which it was meant. You have more experience with making these conversions than most of us. If I had a mod I made and wanted converted I would certainly ask you to do it. Sadly, I don't have the talent (or patience) for mod making or converting.

I think CLiftonJD has plenty on her plate and is aware of your offer just as she is aware of people willing to beta test when she is back to feeling like working on this game. I believe RL has intruded and that has to take precedence. ?

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

So you're saying that when you are called the king of conversions you are being overrated? ? I certainly meant no offense and hope you take it in the spirit in which it was meant. You have more experience with making these conversions than most of us. If I had a mod I made and wanted converted I would certainly ask you to do it. Sadly, I don't have the talent (or patience) for mod making or converting.

I think CLiftonJD has plenty on her plate and is aware of your offer just as she is aware of people willing to beta test when she is back to feeling like working on this game. I believe RL has intruded and that has to take precedence. ?

Well, that is in fact the part, where I'm feeling overrated. But I'm feeling underrated for other stuff, that seems more important  to me.. I started this to motivate ppl.... Now I think that I just made them lazy... 

You would not have been the first to ask and I guess there will be others that will ask in the future. I'm feeling honored about that, but there are other ppl out there that coulkd do this. And maybe better than me. I'm just popular for loading up the things. That's all.  

27 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay. I assume that Skyrim.esm is loaded somewhere I can't see. I also assume the skeleton is listed somewhere I can't see. It should also be entirely safe to add all the unofficial patches back (or better still the single USLEEP patch which will go immediately after Dragonborn.esm. I'm not sure how you did it but all esms go before all esps, so move PAHE to just before FNIS in the list above.

Run FNIS (make sure it gives no errors or warnings - just like LOOT). You should be able to play without any problem.

well, neither skyrim.esm or the skeleton thing show up in the vanilla data list. the skeleton thing didn't have an esp at all, as far as i could tell. still havin' the same problem i was originally, can't get it to work at all even when it's the only thing runnin'. is it cuzza steam or something?

6 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

well, neither skyrim.esm or the skeleton thing show up in the vanilla data list. the skeleton thing didn't have an esp at all, as far as i could tell. still havin' the same problem i was originally, can't get it to work at all even when it's the only thing runnin'. is it cuzza steam or something?

If you are using a skeleton with no esp - you are using the wrong skeleton.

Use XPMSE. It comes with xpmse.esp. I happen to disable the esp - but that is another story...

11 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

Well running it from Steam will not work at all, because SKSE is missing... The esp from XPSME does not have to be enabled, as long as additional features are not installed, but for testing purposes it is better if it is enabled. 

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, alphagodith said:

Listen to fred200. He is right and is generally a good source of correct and updated information. The skeleton to which he is alluding can be found here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800

Let me ask another question. Are you using a mod manager? If not, you might find this whole thing easier if you download one. The two most used are the Nexus Mod Manager (which you can download on the nexus site to which I just sent you - it can be found on the top of the page) and Mod Organizer (which I do not use but which IS used by many of the people I most respect on this site - they say it has greater flexibility for the user, among other advantages).

Just now, Pfiffy said:

Well running it from Steam will not work at all, because SKSE is missing... The esp from XPSME does not have to be enabled, as long as additional features are not installed, but for testing purposes it is better if it is enabled. 

there's a steam version of skse that i've been using

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Listen to fred200. He is right and is generally a good source of correct and updated information. The skeleton to which he is alluding can be found here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800

Let me ask another question. Are you using a mod manager? If not, you might find this whole thing easier if you download one. The two most used are the Nexus Mod Manager (which you can download on the nexus site to which I just sent you - it can be found on the top of the page) and Mod Organizer (which I do not use but which IS used by many of the people I most respect on this site - they say it has greater flexibility for the user, among other advantages).

that one doesn't seem to have an esp either? i wasn't, but i just tried using nexus mod manager and it didn't seem to change anything.